You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 09TRound1 Game39 Mountain (Xalarun-Oleg123)
posted 08-23-09 09:08 PM EDT (US)   
2009 Singles Tournament: Round 1
Game ID: #39
Map: Mountain of the Gods

------------------------------------------------------------
A'Shir Xalarun, msn---ha-ha at live.co.uk
Ne'khan Oleg123, oleg1996 at yahoo.com
------------------------------------------------------------

Important reminders
* You are expected to be familiar with ALL the rules and official announcements as posted here.
* You MUST log (only 'ts' will do) your turn at least once every 48 hours or be subject to tournament warnings which may result in your disqualification.
* Please give notice of any absences longer than 48 hours in this thread.
* Houserules are in effect. Be aware that the MIGRATION TRICK (OR) is not permitted as well.

Good luck to all, and have fun!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 08-23-2009 @ 09:23 PM).]

Replies:
posted 08-29-09 00:04 AM EDT (US)     1 / 19  
-- Xalaron reported to be absent until Sept 6 --

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 09-07-09 12:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 19  
Ne'khan, day 1
I observe the land that could be much more appealing. Then we do some chores for satisfactory results. A normal day of desert warriors comes to its end.

ts

Spell check failed - not enough mana
posted 09-07-09 03:18 PM EDT (US)     3 / 19  
Ne'khan, day 2
A small victory.

ts

posted 09-07-09 07:20 PM EDT (US)     4 / 19  
Ne'khan, day 3
An even smaller fight. Our Curtisan scored for the first time.

ts

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 09-07-2009 @ 07:22 PM).]

posted 09-09-09 09:34 AM EDT (US)     5 / 19  
Ne'khan, day 4
Our new recruit provided us with two little pets. There would be more, but these gentle animals argued too fiercely between themselves while he tamed them one by one.
Another recruit was paid full price for her valuable services and some of my party pulled back to the scouted sites. In the next turns our forces are meant to grow like a snowball, for little money in cash.

Meanwhile something very bad happened to A'Shir and he is referenced as "Weak"... I would pay him a visit, but I lack the money needed to eliminate the lightest chance that he may still match me on waters... Yesterday when I could see his army and it was still comparable to mine, he'd got too many swimmers...

ts

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 09-09-2009 @ 10:10 AM).]

posted 09-11-09 05:05 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19  
Ne'khan, day 5
It goes tougher than in fantasies. Two striking powers flagged some structures absorbing only injures, but the third lost two units, and the others can now rebel with probability of 10%...

ts

posted 09-12-09 12:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19  
Ne'khan, day 6
Me and my big mouth...
Some fighting went very well, and we aquired a few new friends, but then another went wrong... I atacked by splitted forces, and the AI was smart enough to concetrate on one of the halves, and now we morn our even dearer friends.... And that was for less money than we hoped for, so to keep the books in balance, we had to send some of our lesser friends (one too much, apparently) to die facing superior enemy forces....

ts

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 09-12-2009 @ 01:27 PM).]

posted 09-12-09 03:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19  
Ne'khan, day 7
Fought one not bad fight, more await tomorrow... My opponent may be up for something, maybe I better try to be prepared...

ts

posted 09-12-09 07:55 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19  
Ne'khan, day 8
We achieved a couple of goals with the only setback of our Courtesan being killed.

ts

Restart message explanation - my computer froze. Usually happens to me once a week or two when I play AOW SM, but today I got unlucky twice. And both times playing my PBEMs. While in the other game I only had to repeat movement of two pieces, here it was a bloody pain of replaying the whole turn. I had to do it 5 or 6 times to get things very close to original (same units/ virtually the same HP/MP, almost the same XP distribution/ gold, new quest target different).

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 09-12-2009 @ 07:59 PM).]

posted 09-13-09 11:09 AM EDT (US)     10 / 19  
Ne'khan, day 9
Errrr, this requires some scientific approach...
I gain new friends, but I lose old ones, and I am short of money. To improve cash flow, I need to conuier heavy guarded points of interest. But then I will lose more friends. And what do I need money then for and when would it get up to the loses?
Things were so simplier in the desert...

ts

posted 09-13-09 05:30 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19  
Ne'khan, day 10
Hell with science, if you ignore a problem long enough, it will disapear. I think it is what I am going to witness... So we just regroup.

ts

Something bad happens to my computer. No messages this time, but I'l have for the very least to give up on my habbit to stare at the screen for some 30-40 minutes after 99% of MP is spent...

posted 09-14-09 01:48 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19  
Ne'khan, day 11
Today our brave troops captured a settlement. No troops were lost, and almost all the injured will have their wounds tended tonight. We made another furry friend, and then we decided to slow down a bit in favor of providing tomorrow a good treatment to a new group of little fragile creatures. I hope they will behave themselves and stand in line quietly and patiently while we tame them.
The only setback was we had to decline a quest - the infidels were located in a spot we do not intend to visit any soon....

ts

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 09-15-2009 @ 02:35 AM).]

posted 09-14-09 04:25 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19  
Ne'khan, day 12
Not the best day, as we lost our yesterday's recruit, and fragile creatures we approached were so glad to meet us that... they all died of joy... Then some Spirit decided he should give us a quest and infested our realm with more infidels, injecting them into a very sensitive point.
Not the best day...

ts

posted 09-16-09 03:04 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19  
Ne'khan, day 13
Arrrghhh, I will have to hunt the Heretics from the refused quest, AKA Scouts. And the other group, too! And lost my scouting Bird... And my gold is almost out... Arghhh!

ts

posted 09-16-09 06:43 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19  
Ne'khan, day 14
An important day came after a dangerous night, as we reveal ourselves. "Scouts" were taken care of, such a pity, for free. Our Elite Succubbus was put in charge of the second group, and is supposed to report about completion of the assignment tomorrow.
As Flander hinted (a great Wizard indeed!), we shall see a lot of action very soon.

ts

posted 09-17-09 09:02 PM EDT (US)     16 / 19  
Ne'khan, days 15-16
We move deeper into A'Shir's territory, killing and capturing. We also recruited a cool flying machine, explored a campsite for yet another sword and saw spot where A'Shir's hero was killed in fight against Indies. Level 7, ressurging, floating, firing bolts and what not - he was fearsome, and probably the last obstacle to our victory is now removed.
The infidels were vanished, not before they kicked some guards off a resources pile. The Spirit granted us a cool piece of armor - right after we had another one, now useless, teleported to the front line from the first explored ruin.
On the sad side, we lost two units, one of whom was the last of my companions that entered this land with me...

ts

[This message has been edited by Oleg123 (edited 09-18-2009 @ 02:33 AM).]

posted 09-18-09 01:35 PM EDT (US)     17 / 19  
Ne'khan, days 17
Today we accepted A'Shir's surrender.

Xalarun, thank you for the game!

posted 09-18-09 06:27 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19  
Ladies and gentlemen, this is TNS reporting live from the Mountain of the Gods. Oleg, congratulations! Are you pleased with the surrender or had you rather played more? And, how do you feel about reaching the next round?

Xalarun, what was it that made you decide to surrender?

posted 09-18-09 10:00 PM EDT (US)     19 / 19  
Thank you! The surrender was actually my idea, and I am glad that Xalarun chose to avoid unnesessary bloodshed.
It feels great to advance to the next round (and I do, according to Flander). It is still exciting to watch other players' games developing, however, it is nice to relax about my own advancement.

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » 09TRound1 Game39 Mountain (Xalarun-Oleg123)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames