You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 09Round2 Game49 BH&GF's War (Vovy - Charx)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 10-04-09 09:47 PM EDT (US)   
2009 Singles Tournament: Round 2
Game ID: #49
Map: Blackheart and Goodfella's War

------------------------------------------------------------
Blackheart Vovy, Vovy-13 at yandex.ru
Goodfella Charx, charx at gmx.net
------------------------------------------------------------

Important reminders
* You are expected to be familiar with ALL the rules and official announcements as posted here.
* You MUST log (only 'ts' will do) your turn at least once every 48 hours or be subject to tournament warnings which may result in your disqualification.
* Please give notice of any absences longer than 48 hours in this thread.
* Houserules are in effect. Be aware that the MIGRATION TRICK (OR) is not permitted as well.

Good luck to all, and have fun!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
Replies:
posted 10-08-09 04:52 AM EDT (US)     1 / 44  
Turn 1.
Game started. Goog luck!

Awaiting next turn...

Is anything happened?

[This message has been edited by Vovy (edited 10-10-2009 @ 04:35 AM).]

posted 10-11-09 11:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 44  
Goodfella, day 1

Sorry for being late, but i needed a weekend to make my strategy, because i don't have much time during the week.

Good luck!

ts

[This message has been edited by Charx (edited 10-11-2009 @ 11:56 AM).]

posted 10-12-09 03:07 PM EDT (US)     3 / 44  
Hello,

Vovy asked me to tell you that he is going to be away from his computer in the next day or two.

Spell check failed - not enough mana
posted 10-13-09 02:37 PM EDT (US)     4 / 44  
Turn 2.
I was completed 2th turn using computer of my friend.
My comp will be available at friday.

[This message has been edited by Vovy (edited 10-14-2009 @ 10:17 AM).]

posted 10-14-09 04:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 44  
Goodfella, day 2

Some of my plans did not work, but other did very well. The news of our scouts let us run around in circles.

ts
posted 10-16-09 01:22 PM EDT (US)     6 / 44  
Turn 3.
My computer is available for me at this weekend.
posted 10-16-09 05:17 PM EDT (US)     7 / 44  
Goodfella, day 3

Today we met Blackheart's southern troops on surface and killed 2 pirates and 1 agent, while losing one strong elven fighter. Luckily, Dahl managed to survive with 2 hps.

ts
posted 10-17-09 02:19 AM EDT (US)     8 / 44  
Day 4.
No, Dahl not managed to survive, because my forces have overtaken and finished him.
My northen forces are preparing for involving in eastern city of Goodfella. In this group I have two tempters, wich was tempted good warriors on my service.
posted 10-17-09 12:46 PM EDT (US)     9 / 44  
Goodfella, day 4

That doesnt look good. Striker shows up on my island with a cyclops and a titan. Changing my strategy...

ts
posted 10-17-09 03:50 PM EDT (US)     10 / 44  
Day 5.
Captured easten city. Killed 1x2-level and 2x1-level units, but lost 1x2-level unit. Regrouping forces.
posted 10-17-09 06:52 PM EDT (US)     11 / 44  
wrong post

Fortes fortuna Adiuvat!

[This message has been edited by Cranberry (edited 10-17-2009 @ 06:53 PM).]

posted 10-18-09 07:39 AM EDT (US)     12 / 44  
Goodfella, day 5

Finally a day where everything was good. On surface in the southwest, we are greeting Captn Allweather and his small group.

ts
posted 10-18-09 09:30 AM EDT (US)     13 / 44  
Day 6.
Killed Goodfella`s unit.
After 2 fightings my units need in doctor.
posted 10-18-09 11:29 AM EDT (US)     14 / 44  
Goodfella, day 6

Red finds an interesting item, and everything else has to be kept in secret...

ts
posted 10-19-09 12:15 PM EDT (US)     15 / 44  
To make turn I can use computer of my friend. But it cause to restart message. That is why I will make my turn at friday, when my computer will be available. (My job located in other city. I take my computer a bit later.)

Turn 7.
I attacked Goodfella`s forces. My army consistad of my strongest hero with a set of vary useful artefacts and 6 pirates with silver and gold medals. Army of Goodfella consistad of 2 heroes, horseman, dwarf, dog and elemental of water, some of unites was hurted in previouse fights. All units was died excent my hero who has a little hearts.

Since this day my computer will be available all time.

[This message has been edited by Vovy (edited 10-23-2009 @ 02:15 PM).]

posted 10-23-09 02:15 PM EDT (US)     16 / 44  
Hello Charx,

Vovy asked me to emphasize that he is really sorry about all the restart messages, including the boat-bug related ones. Especially on the turn he is playing now, since it happened there after he had managed to land a significant blow on your forces.
He red Swolte's post, yet cannot figure it out fully, and when he needed to land a single unit off a boat, things got complicated. Once again, he will send you a screenshot with inner log showing the restart occured after that fight, and he hopes you will be satisfied with it as a prove of his fair play.

Regards,
Oleg

Spell check failed - not enough mana
posted 10-23-09 05:39 PM EDT (US)     17 / 44  
Goodfella, day 7

Well, this game is pretty much over. Two heros and 6 pirates appeared through the western water gate and surprised my army, consisting of Humperdink, a heavily enchanted water elemental, a centaur archer, a veteran and a berserk and an invisible Red. Blackheart ordered his men to attack, even when Capn Allweather had to stay out of battle. Near the end, there was only his hero left, when Red AND two units were left on my side, but all of them did not manage to finish that hero, so that he survived with very low health and my army is dead....

Now there is an invisible hero with the crystal helmet running around in my cave, and i lost my army that was meant to attack...

ts

PS: Luck is clearly not on my side in this game... If Red had hit that crazy hero one more time in 6 strikes... In the very first turns, a dwarven veteran even managed to lose a 1v1 situation against an orc lvl 0 soldier...
posted 10-24-09 02:30 AM EDT (US)     18 / 44  
Day 8.
I didn`t seen hiden hero in group near the dwarf otherwise I probably refrain from attack.
As all my pirates is dead and heroes are hurted, I need in 2-3 turns to collect my last western forces.
posted 10-25-09 02:29 PM EDT (US)     19 / 44  
Goodfella, day 8

Ah, that makes sense that Blackheart has not seen the invisible hero. The situation was that our army stood beside the resources in the western cave, and next to it i placed a wounded berserk that i did not want to participate in the resource-battle next day. Damn it! If i just had not placed that berserk seperate, then maybe Blackhearth would not have attacked and i could have reinforced them... argh

ts
posted 10-27-09 02:22 PM EDT (US)     20 / 44  
Day 9.
My army needs in regrouping too. And in hailing. It will take about 1-2 turns.
posted 10-28-09 03:46 PM EDT (US)     21 / 44  
Goodfella, day 9

ts
posted 10-29-09 12:21 PM EDT (US)     22 / 44  
Day 9.
Hailing compleated. Regroupind forces almost compleated too. Besides I produced a group of pirates-recrouts.
My strongest hero who has full set of artefacts can kill neutlar armies alone.

[This message has been edited by Vovy (edited 10-29-2009 @ 12:33 PM).]

posted 10-29-09 03:30 PM EDT (US)     23 / 44  
Goodfella, day 10

We bring our defense into position. And its true, that this uber-hero could kill my entire tower-defense with one hand at his back and eyes shut. If there wasn't our cyclops, who is looking forward to this fight.

ts
posted 10-29-09 04:19 PM EDT (US)     24 / 44  
Day 11.
Captured another Goodfella`s city. My forces need in blood.
posted 10-29-09 05:03 PM EDT (US)     25 / 44  
Goodfella, day 11

They are coming. Our mission is clear now.

ts

[This message has been edited by Charx (edited 10-29-2009 @ 05:04 PM).]

posted 10-30-09 12:30 PM EDT (US)     26 / 44  
Day 12.
My western forces is ready to attack tower`s protection of Goodfella. Eastern forces run to attack the capital.
posted 10-31-09 04:35 AM EDT (US)     27 / 44  
Goodfella, day 12

Evacuating the capital and hoping that the defense in the tower will hold.

ts
posted 10-31-09 12:31 PM EDT (US)     28 / 44  
Day 13.
Captured a city and 3 nodes.
posted 11-01-09 07:59 AM EDT (US)     29 / 44  
Goodfella, day 13

We move into our last defensive position, the cave with the mana nodes. We left back a razed capital... better to raze it than give it to the enemies.

ts
posted 11-01-09 12:44 PM EDT (US)     30 / 44  
Day 14.
Killed a lot of Goodfella`s units. But lost 6 units too. Captured dwarven city and some other buildings. I sad that Goodfella`s capital was broken. It will not be my.
posted 11-01-09 02:40 PM EDT (US)     31 / 44  
Goodfella, day 14

This annoying Mr. Uber-Pickles is no more. Thats good news, that before i leave this land, i have killed the dorn in my eyes.

First, he and Allweather attacked my fortified watch tower with 3 elephants, a barbar and some stuff. In my tower were 1 cyclops, 2 veterans, a big wolf, 2 darters and 2 minotaurs, all of them enchanted. And this hero, he goes through all that units like cutting butter. The cyclops killed the barbar, before he was slain in 3-4 strikes...

Fortunately our main army was nearby so that the remaing stuff of that Blackheart army was taken out quickly. It only worked because of my pitguard, who managed to paralize MrPickles one time.

In the north, my mobile army captured the halfling town, defeating some of Blackhearts spies during that process.

Soon i will have to face Blackheart's own cyclops and his Titan... and this will probably be the end.

ts
posted 11-02-09 10:13 AM EDT (US)     32 / 44  
Day 15.
Preparing to the last battle.
posted 11-02-09 12:45 PM EDT (US)     33 / 44  
Goodfella, day 15

We take back some assets and are looking forward for what will be our last fight. We prepared a compact defense, and it will be a great show!

ts
posted 11-02-09 01:45 PM EDT (US)     34 / 44  
Day 16.
My army goes to fight.
posted 11-02-09 02:41 PM EDT (US)     35 / 44  
Goodfella, day 16

We see them coming. The gold medalled cyclops and titan are impressive. Maybe our last day down here...

On surface, our desperation-task-force captured Port Forgotten.

ts
posted 11-03-09 12:47 PM EDT (US)     36 / 44  
Day 17.
Final fight was consisted of 2 stadyes.
1) Group of little units attacked enemy to hurt his units.
2) Group of the strongest guyes attacked hurted Goodfella`s units and killed leader.
But I didn`t seen 2th fight because win-message was risen on my screen.

Thancks a lot to Charx for the most interesting game. Good luck.

When I was reinstalled my game (7th or 8th turn) ship`s bugs was gone away. I think that this map is the best map played in this tournament. Thancks to map-developer for a lot of unique artefacts.

[This message has been edited by Vovy (edited 11-03-2009 @ 12:49 PM).]

posted 11-04-09 00:02 AM EDT (US)     37 / 44  
Ladies and gentlemen, this is TNS reporting live from the scene where Vovy just defeated Charx!

Charx, you have had a moving tournament! Did you expect the match to go like this? And, will we see a different Charx in the next tournament?

Vovy, congratulations! You were the favourite for this match and you proved your worth. You are now up against Timelord! What are your thoughts on that match?

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 11-04-09 02:35 AM EDT (US)     38 / 44  
Thancks!
I don`t know who is Timelord and how strong his games. But I think it will interesting match.
posted 11-04-09 03:19 AM EDT (US)     39 / 44  
I would like to thank Vovy for this exciting match. I have used every trick i could think of and i have spent many hours with the editor to achieve the best possible start. Vovy proved to be a very strong player and his match against Timelord will be of a very high quality for sure. I have learned a lot in this game, because facing difficult situations creates the need to invent or discover new tactics. So if i don't forget what i have learned, you will see a slightly better prepared Charx next year.

Thank you @Swolte & @Enginerd for the very good tournament organization and two exciting months.

I know that our posts were very short, so here comes a short walkthrough of the match, describing the up and downs i went through:

First, on day 3/4 i sent Dahl to the south, attacking a spy and two pirates on water and defeating them. Dahl was wounded and placed far away, next to the explored camp site where an item was lying around. Moreover i had a full hp rogue and a low hp fairy left, but all remaining lvl 0/1 Blackheart's units were also wounded. My plan was to give domain to Dahl next turn and summon 2 hell hounds. I expected Blackheart to divide his remaining units to secure the item and the town, so i saw a possibility to kill them all and raze it. I was very disappointed when i received the turn and saw that somehow 2 pirates came out of nowhere and managed to kill Dahl. The end for the eastern front came on day 5 when Blackheart landed Striker, a cyclops and a titan and took the island.

After that, my underground expedition corpse (Red, Humperdink, water elemental, centaur and stuff) already reached the western dwarven town and i planned to use the watergate. I have found a ring of invisibility and crystal helmet, which gives a large domain. My plan was to place an invisible Red on the mountains and summon a minotaur and stuff to attack the nomad city. But instead, Blackheart came through that watergate with a strong hero (Mr. UberPickles) and 6 pirates and attacked my army. My army was covering 2 hexes and Vovy stated that he did not see the invisible Red, and maybe he would not have attacked if he knew that Red was with it. The fight was very close, finally there was only Mr. Pickles left against Red, a centaur and a veteran, and Red had multiple chances to kill him, but luck was not with us

After that fight, Mr Pickles got even stronger and the game was pretty much over. I was able to sell structures of the northern draconian town and that small satyr dominated a cyclops, a bone dragon, an air elemental and 3 trolls. With the 2 bats and the gargoyle, i decided not to play a senseless defense. I sent out all my fliers to the halfling town and the northern cave entrance to try a last assassination run. Below, i had a strong defense position near the mana nodes, having 2 strong stacks (3 trolls, 2 runemasters, some veterans, a pitguard and stuff) and the last fight was also close. I had 6-7 units left when there was only the cyclops and the titan remaining for Blackheart, but then the titan killed Goodfella himself.

The biggest problem in this match was that neither stoneskin nor Efreet would show up in my spellbook, as i rushed through it, researching one spell each round. Maybe with stoneskin Red would have killed Mr Pickles which would have even out the situation, who knows.

[This message has been edited by Charx (edited 11-04-2009 @ 03:20 AM).]

posted 11-04-09 03:57 AM EDT (US)     40 / 44  
finally there was only Mr. Pickles left against Red, a centaur and a veteran, and Red had multiple chances to kill him, but luck was not with us
The more i know Vovy the more i think he doesn't play without a pot of leprechaun's gold near him))) His luck can be really really incredible.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » 09Round2 Game49 BH&GF's War (Vovy - Charx)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames