You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Ladder: Danny's Sock tournament (Swolte, Waterfly)
posted 01-28-03 02:09 PM EDT (US)   
Map by Mister Pickles, can be downloaded at the btooic website.

We play by:
- House rules
- Latest patch (v1.2)
- Ladder game

* Swolte, Selena (swolte2@hotmail.com)
* Waterfly, Arachnia (torsten.staedler@t-online.de)

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
Replies:
posted 01-28-03 02:43 PM EDT (US)     1 / 31  
Selena, day 1

All our objectives for today were met. The execution did not go as well as we'd hoped but since speed is our greatest advantage now, we intend to use it!

ts

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 01-29-03 05:22 AM EDT (US)     2 / 31  
Day 1: Arachnia

We moved out in force, but couldnt reach any objectives yet - money seems an issue.

posted 01-29-03 01:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 31  
Selena: day 2

Sun is shining and all seems fine!

posted 01-29-03 03:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 31  
Day 2: Arachnia
Some indies were slain and darkness unfolds into our lands
posted 01-30-03 08:54 AM EDT (US)     5 / 31  
Selena

Saving some money for a possible hero to get our troops a bit.. organised.

posted 02-01-03 01:58 PM EDT (US)     6 / 31  
Day 3: Arachnia
We saved a little earlier and already have one
posted 02-03-03 09:07 AM EDT (US)     7 / 31  
Day 4:
Contact! A Gladerunner was overwhelmed...
posted 02-03-03 12:03 PM EDT (US)     8 / 31  
D'oh!

Aha, we have located his precious hero.. We had to let the Boar life, he must die another day (not today..)

This will be our last day of saving money for a hero.. we are far behind on production schedule!

ts

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 02-03-2003 @ 12:29 PM).]

posted 02-04-03 05:24 AM EDT (US)     9 / 31  
Day 5: Arachnia
Gathering troops on the possible battlefield
posted 02-04-03 11:45 AM EDT (US)     10 / 31  
Serena

Arachnia's hero carries her magical strength.. combined with the DE's strong main forces our chances are too low. We wait and choose a more profitable time.. Reinforcements are on their way.

posted 02-05-03 02:32 PM EDT (US)     11 / 31  
Day 6: Arachnia
Yes, we intend to use our startup advantage while we can
Putting on some spells...
posted 02-06-03 02:14 PM EDT (US)     12 / 31  
*phew*

Got us a hero as well, and with a nice spell!

We have seen the forces of Selena being clogged up into a strong stack.. taking the human village will possibly not weaken them enough for us to take advantage..

posted 02-07-03 03:51 AM EDT (US)     13 / 31  
Day 7: Arachnia
We overwhelmed the human town without losses and take aim for other targets...
posted 02-07-03 06:43 PM EDT (US)     14 / 31  
D'oh! Retreating..

posted 02-10-03 08:48 AM EDT (US)     15 / 31  
Day 8: Arachnia
Exploiting while we can
posted 02-10-03 05:09 PM EDT (US)     16 / 31  
Moving back and forth..

posted 02-11-03 07:39 AM EDT (US)     17 / 31  
Day 9: Arachnia
Building up defenses
posted 02-11-03 03:18 PM EDT (US)     18 / 31  
Preparing for.. euh.. things.

We see Arachnia's troops fleeing from the south knowing they won't be able to hold the Goblin village we took (in anarchy now..).

posted 02-12-03 06:59 AM EDT (US)     19 / 31  
Tactical retreat on the southern front, until we know about the enemies strength - and increased ours.
posted 02-17-03 12:05 PM EDT (US)     20 / 31  
Lost a scout but he did his job, positions and strength of the enemy are known..

ts

posted 02-18-03 12:39 PM EDT (US)     21 / 31  
Messing around..

posted 02-20-03 08:10 AM EDT (US)     22 / 31  
Day 14: Arachnia
killed another Scout and moving closer...
posted 02-20-03 12:01 PM EDT (US)     23 / 31  
*runs out of scouts*

posted 02-20-03 02:53 PM EDT (US)     24 / 31  
razed a mine and captured another

*trying to hurt Selenas treasury*

posted 02-21-03 11:26 AM EDT (US)     25 / 31  
*runs out of money*

posted 02-24-03 08:59 AM EDT (US)     26 / 31  
Day 17: Arachnia
We get invaded by 7 Dwarves, that have a grim and battle hardened look on their face. Our tunnels will be complete soon and those mountains will bury them.

*still working on the warlords*

posted 02-24-03 03:25 PM EDT (US)     27 / 31  
Serena, day 18

Scaring the enemy..

Crap, another scout gone, I lost 4 (or three?) this way. Three turns lost.. Only, I regret this one as we suspected an Abominal presence. Argh..

ts

posted 02-27-03 07:43 AM EDT (US)     28 / 31  
Day 18: Arachnia
Getting serious now - razed an elven village and burned the defenders.
Those Gladerunners should be down in numbers - one was caught trespassing
posted 02-27-03 12:06 PM EDT (US)     29 / 31  
Elves

Getting into serious trouble now.. The swimming hero razed our newly migrated elven village and will most likely target more. Our capitol builds up defenses but already we realise that we are lost if nothing happens, soon.

The loss of another scout demoralizes the troops and urges me to drastic measures...

The sight of a second hero wasn't making us any happier as well..

posted 02-28-03 07:43 AM EDT (US)     30 / 31  
Day 19: Arachnia
Our Galley carried our hero back to the main army of Selena where 11 units went on attacking course to our human town.
The battl of 11 vs. 11 units was won with a clear margin, since our heavy troops were all spelled up and we managed to take off 2 spells before engaging the enemy. The Iron Maiden is slain and our hero is free to join our Southern army to ensure simple economic victory....

This battle should be decided although it might take some turns.

posted 03-01-03 12:14 PM EDT (US)     31 / 31  
I will surrender my forces and not lengthen our pain, all hope has abandoned us... with our northern strike force gone and all three fronts controlled by Arachnia it is folly..

Thanks for the lessons!

(one day you'll regret them.. )

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Ladder: Danny's Sock tournament (Swolte, Waterfly)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames