loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Turn Log Elf vs Elf - Get Neuman! Horza666 vs Witch-King
posted 03-07-03 01:14 PM EDT (US)   
Dark Elves: WitchKing
Elves: Horza666

Game startet 7. March 2003

Ladder # 76

i'm back after nearly 8 years...- if you are looking for PBEM players just put me in with horza666(at)outlook.com. New games or substitute does not matter, i need to shake of some rust.

[This message has been edited by Horza666 (edited 03-13-2003 @ 01:36 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-07-03 09:45 PM EDT (US)     1 / 23  
Meando - Day 1:

Bah, that fool Neuman thinks that he can outwit me. I shall prove in the end that he is nothing but trailer trash. My forces have been sent to the East and the West. A death node fell to me today. More will fall tomorrow.

This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it?
- The Witch-king of Angmar (Dwimmerlaik, Lord of the Nazgul)
posted 03-08-03 03:35 AM EDT (US)     2 / 23  
Julioch day 1:

captured a life node and troops spreadinng out

posted 03-08-03 02:00 PM EDT (US)     3 / 23  
Meando - Day 2:

Two watchtowers fell to my forces today offering a greater view of the surrounding terrain. One of Neuman's pitiful cities has been spotted on the horizon. It shall fall to my forces tomorrow. A second death node has been spotted to the West, it too shall be added to my resources...

posted 03-08-03 09:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 23  
Julioch Day 2:

A Tower in the east is captured. Nothing special sighted.

posted 03-09-03 00:07 AM EDT (US)     5 / 23  
Meando - Day 3:

My troops have discovered a magic vault. They easily dispatched the pitiful guards and have plundered it for its secrets. They were fortunate enough to discover another death node along the way. It too shall provide for my empire.

My troops to the East have taken Neuman's city, though it cost me. I have sent reinforcements to secure my borders to prevent Neuman and Julioch from taking advantage of the situation.

posted 03-09-03 04:16 AM EDT (US)     6 / 23  
Julioch Day 3:

A small village is captured from Neuman, one of the iron ladies died. too bad. some scouts return from the eastern swomps, they brought up news about resources and a tomb, we'll see.

posted 03-09-03 01:33 PM EDT (US)     7 / 23  
Julioch Day 4

It's in deed a swomp full of resources, i gathered all i could get my hands on, and it pays off, a beautiful new tower is spreading my domain all over

posted 03-09-03 11:51 PM EDT (US)     8 / 23  
Meando - Day 5:

A windmill was discovered by one of my scouts and dispatched with ease. Neuman's scout was caught unaware and was terminated before he could report my progress to his master.

posted 03-10-03 03:38 PM EDT (US)     9 / 23  
Julioch Day 5:

more resources where collected. my troops spreading out widely. i wonder why alfred is still inactiv, cause near the swomp i can see a massive concentration of his army

i'm back after nearly 8 years...- if you are looking for PBEM players just put me in with horza666(at)outlook.com. New games or substitute does not matter, i need to shake of some rust.
posted 03-10-03 05:17 PM EDT (US)     10 / 23  
Meando - Day 6:

Engaged Neuman's troops with my scout. It was a rout, but it provided me with valuable intel on his troop disposition. I have reserves moving up from the rear to fortify my positions. His scouts won't stand a chance.

posted 03-11-03 12:44 PM EDT (US)     11 / 23  
Julioch Day 6:

a groups of explorers plundered an old ruin, unfortunatly nothling really helpful in there. in the southwest another life node is captured. Neuman still very quied

posted 03-12-03 00:40 AM EDT (US)     12 / 23  
Meando - Day 7:

It would appear that Neuman's scouts grew leary of pursuing their course and they have turned back. No matter, my reserves have arrived and I shall send them deep into his territory.

My troops to the South-West were successful in capturing a Windmill. The capture sent of an interesting fireworks display entirely unexpected. I imagine it is some sort of signal to Neuman. I can expect him to retaliate in some fashion or another.

posted 03-13-03 00:23 AM EDT (US)     13 / 23  
Meando - Day 8:

Nothing much to report. My troops have ventured ever farther South and East. The troops to the East have yet to discover anything of value. My troops to the South have discovered a heavily-defended city of Neuman. I've decided to delay my assault to give more attention to the haunted crypt nearby.

Side Note: I really don't care much for the way this map was setup. It takes far too long to get troops anywhere. With the mountain range cutting off egress from the North to the South, you have to send troops all the way to the edges of the map before they can move towards the middle. Additionally, with no Wizard's Tower and apparently no sphere of influence, the Wizard is unable to cast spells on the troops such as Enchant Weapon which has a real negative impact on your ability to attack the AI.

posted 03-13-03 01:28 PM EDT (US)     14 / 23  
Julioch Day 8:

i'll have to defeat some guys from Neuman, unfortunately my hero dies :-(

-------------
i have collected many resources so far. therefor i have a wizards tower. my domain is spreading and i allready summoned a unicorn to go behind the mountains. but overall i agree with you, if there would be some ways across the mountain the game would be faster to play

posted 03-13-03 02:55 PM EDT (US)     15 / 23  
There were absolutely no resources on my side. I don't have any production resource caches, and I don't have more than a couple of windmills that offer little in the way of supply. I should have taken a look at the map before I agreed to play. I've found far too many of these that are woefully unbalanced.

Be that as it may, let's see this through.

posted 03-13-03 09:59 PM EDT (US)     16 / 23  
Meando - Day 9:

Nothing much to report. Captured a watchtower to the East which provided a valuable view of the surrounding terrain. Sent my main forces in search of resources in the forest.

Side Note: I've been messing around with my eMail settings, so you may get a restart message.

posted 03-13-03 11:30 PM EDT (US)     17 / 23  
witchking, the map is pretty simetrical; you have the same things your opponant does, just on opposite sides...

I've looked at the map carefully, and read the author's notes about it (in the forums), and there are good reasons as to why the mountains are there, and they accomplish what he wanted them to do.

you can also send your wizard out with your main army, especially to get yourself some resources....

posted 03-14-03 03:11 AM EDT (US)     18 / 23  
Julioch Day 9:

that dammed Neuman! He killed my task force in the west, i need reinforcement .... fast ! I send my remaining troops to the elven hospital and they and on a rescue mission....

posted 03-15-03 12:26 PM EDT (US)     19 / 23  
Meando - Day 10:

My forces to the East have discovered multiple death nodes which have proven to be most valuable in aiding my research. I have further instructed them to explore a nearby crypt in case there may be magical weapons we can take advantage of.

My forces to the West have discovered multiple production resource caches which I intend to take advantage of.

Side Note: I didn't realize what those were. The terrain hides the fact that they are resources. All I could see was the forces guarding them and I didn't see any reason to put my forces at risk for nothing. It wasn't until I double-clicked on the forces that I realized what they were. While it probably ends up costing me, I really don't like looking at the map in an editor first. It takes the fun out of playing for me.

posted 03-15-03 01:47 PM EDT (US)     20 / 23  
Julioch Turn 10:

My Wizard is pretty lonely in his tower, Neuman is closing in and there is no way my reinforment may appear in time. I try to attack Neuman from behind, hope that die AI will change the troops objektive. A single Horseman is killed and i captured a watchtower. what i can see now in the middle of the land makes me shiver ! you not a lot of luck to survive this map ! and obviously do not leave alone your Wizard ......

posted 03-15-03 06:00 PM EDT (US)     21 / 23  
Meando - Day 11:

Overall a good day. I was able to explore the ruin and picked up some gold and a few nice trinkets for my hero. I also found an interesting item which I need to study further.

My forces to the West were successful in securing additional production resources although at a difficult cost. I lost a few good men. Hopefully my forces are still strong enough to take on the final cache in hopes of obtaining a wizard's tower.

posted 03-16-03 04:17 PM EDT (US)     22 / 23  
So, the turn I received said that you'd been defeated. Where do we go from here? With you not being able to play any longer, do I win by default? This probably wasn't the greatest map to use for a Wizard's Ladder game for that reason. Thoughts??

P.S. I didn't do anything on my turn. I just opened it up, received the message you'd been defeated, and closed it down. If we do continue, there will be a restart message.

[This message has been edited by WitchKing (edited 03-16-2003 @ 04:17 PM).]

posted 03-17-03 05:15 PM EDT (US)     23 / 23  
well, you managed to survive... so i'll loose this one

*send an extra e-mail*

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Turn Log Elf vs Elf - Get Neuman! Horza666 vs Witch-King
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames