You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Minstrel Swolte: OBLIVION (WL)
posted 03-11-03 01:56 PM EDT (US)   
Map by Karmic (ask me if you want the balanced tournament version!).

Set in the North-Eastern part of the Earthsea, where two wizards, Ged and the God King of Kargad, are about to clash in a bloody conflict. Ged repelled the God King's first attack on the island of Gont with a simple spell. Now Ged has grown up to become a wizard, and the God King seeks revenge. Also they are both after the powerful artifact, the Ring of Erreth-Akbe.

We play by:
- BTOOIC activated
- Latest patch v1.2
- Ladder game rules (+ house rules)

Minstrel: Ged
Swolte: God King

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 03-11-2003 @ 04:56 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-12-03 01:05 AM EDT (US)     1 / 34  
Ged - Day 1 : Exploring and captured a few nearby resources.
posted 03-12-03 10:52 AM EDT (US)     2 / 34  
God King

A good day for me.. We took several resources and had a frightening idea..

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 03-13-03 02:27 PM EDT (US)     3 / 34  
Ged - Day 2 : Continuing to capture nearby resources and sailing to the next island.
posted 03-13-03 03:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 34  
God King
We continue to explore our surroundings

posted 03-13-03 06:32 PM EDT (US)     5 / 34  
Ged - Day 3 : We celebrate the capture of a city on the nearby island without too much casualties.
posted 03-14-03 10:30 AM EDT (US)     6 / 34  
God King

The progress of our enemy forces us to slightly adapt our strategy..

posted 03-14-03 03:03 PM EDT (US)     7 / 34  
Ged - Day 4 : Captured some resources. Wanna try frog legs for dinner?
posted 03-14-03 04:08 PM EDT (US)     8 / 34  
God King

A bad day, lost a hero due to a stunting Manticore, argh...

No frog for dinner yet, he still be lurking..!

posted 03-15-03 02:59 AM EDT (US)     9 / 34  
Ged - Day 5 : I will miss these legs. Another time may be?
posted 03-15-03 04:35 AM EDT (US)     10 / 34  
God King

Ged is growing bold.. unfortunately, there is little we can do but licking the wounds of the manticore attack. Boy, do we miss Ham now!

posted 03-15-03 01:06 PM EDT (US)     11 / 34  
Ged - Day 6 : Playing frog games.
posted 03-15-03 03:43 PM EDT (US)     12 / 34  
God King

Not playing along... *kwaaak*

The situation has changed somewhat. Ged's ship and pirate have found their grave in the sea. Now an army of 4 stands in front of the bridge.
Interesting days ahead!

posted 03-16-03 06:21 AM EDT (US)     13 / 34  
I have not received the turn. Please resend.
posted 03-16-03 06:49 AM EDT (US)     14 / 34  
Resent

posted 03-16-03 07:42 AM EDT (US)     15 / 34  
Ged - Day 7 : My attempt to kill God King's hero failed miserably.
posted 03-16-03 10:46 AM EDT (US)     16 / 34  
God King: day 7

The enemy hero sacrificed himself to sink our boat. Unfortunately it needed 2 dispells to make him join his fellow swashbuckler and ship into a sea-grave.
What was left of Geds troops attempted a foolish attack on our main army. They were easily defeated and with minor losses.
Reckless Ged got punished!

The sinking of the boat buys him the time he needs to get his defenses in order. That is his fortune (and the very stupid mistake of mine to forget taking the watchtower so you can see exactly what I'm up to, Arrrggh..).

posted 03-17-03 00:18 AM EDT (US)     17 / 34  
Ged - Day 8 : Our hero is mourned.
posted 03-17-03 12:21 PM EDT (US)     18 / 34  
God King

Took back the forgotten tower..

posted 03-17-03 01:30 PM EDT (US)     19 / 34  
Ged - Day 9 : Retook back the tower.
posted 03-17-03 01:59 PM EDT (US)     20 / 34  
God King

Counterattack, re-retook it..

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 03-17-2003 @ 02:00 PM).]

posted 03-18-03 03:08 PM EDT (US)     21 / 34  
Ged Turn sent.
posted 03-18-03 04:34 PM EDT (US)     22 / 34  
God King

We took the town of Re-Albi (? those names, I can't seem to get 'm in my mind!). A frog distracted the lone crossbowman while Ati-Gwazah (?) bashed the gates. A few blows were enough to put an end his resistance.

We directly instructed the monks to work for us now! With the two towns in our control, we can start outbuilding..

posted 03-19-03 06:02 PM EDT (US)     23 / 34  
Ged : A hero joined us today, but probably too late to change the balance of forces.

Played one PBEM turn under a different user name on my PC and now getting a restart message in all my games !

posted 03-19-03 06:17 PM EDT (US)     24 / 34  
God King

Trying to make no mistakes, playing safe..

posted 03-20-03 06:24 AM EDT (US)     25 / 34  
Ged Re-re-re-took the tower.
posted 03-20-03 12:48 PM EDT (US)     26 / 34  
God King

Re-re-re-re took a tower and ran into the little frog that caused it all!
hehe..
We see a pretty lady standing on the shores. Perhaps she needs a lift?

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 03-20-2003 @ 12:49 PM).]

posted 03-20-03 03:13 PM EDT (US)     27 / 34  
GedA lift to your main city would be very kind.
posted 03-20-03 03:49 PM EDT (US)     28 / 34  
God King

Closing in with stronger forces but with patience..

posted 03-22-03 11:58 AM EDT (US)     29 / 34  
Ged : Building forces to counter the expected strong attack.
posted 03-22-03 12:36 PM EDT (US)     30 / 34  
God King

Some scouts spotted that beautiful women we saw before. Again she was on the shores by the water...
A dwarf axemen thought he heard her sing about some ending but noone knew for sure exactly.
Could she have foresight?

posted 03-23-03 07:51 AM EDT (US)     31 / 34  
Ged She preferred to die fighting the ennemy than to be abducted.
posted 03-23-03 08:15 AM EDT (US)     32 / 34  
God King

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Enraged we attacked the capitol! Our distraction of weakening the defenders even more worked. With little losses we killed all the inhabitants!
Ged is dead!

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!

Thx for the game, Minstrel. I was planning on trying to explore the underground in this game (see if that is a feasable tactic). You rushed me and caught me by surprise. Those were tense moments (certainly after I got a hero killed and one heavily wounded). I managed to defend properly, pulling everything I had back! The counterattack was effective and after securing the towns it would be just a matter of time..

Gee, won three matches in a row..

posted 03-24-03 03:39 AM EDT (US)     33 / 34  
Nice game and very well played swolte. I believe that the turning point in the game happened when my boat was destroyed. Looking forward to fight against or team with you in future games.

Minstrel

posted 03-24-03 03:53 AM EDT (US)     34 / 34  
Thx, try to beat the ShadowGod as a revanche!

Any thoughts for improving this map?

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Minstrel Swolte: OBLIVION (WL)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames