You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Witch_King Swolte: OBLIVION (WL)
posted 03-11-03 01:58 PM EDT (US)   
Map by Karmic (ask me if you want the balanced tournament version!).

Set in the North-Eastern part of the Earthsea, where two wizards, Ged and the God King of Kargad, are about to clash in a bloody conflict. Ged repelled the God King's first attack on the island of Gont with a simple spell. Now Ged has grown up to become a wizard, and the God King seeks revenge. Also they are both after the powerful artifact, the Ring of Erreth-Akbe.

We play by:
- BTOOIC activated
- Latest patch v1.2
- Ladder game rules (+ house rules)

WitchKing: Ged
Swolte: God King

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 03-11-2003 @ 04:57 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-12-03 00:42 AM EDT (US)     1 / 28  
Ged - Day 1:

I have sent my troops out to the four corners of my island to obtain precious resources for my war effort. I encountered no resistance, although a power node on the horizon will prove to be a challenge.

This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it?
- The Witch-king of Angmar (Dwimmerlaik, Lord of the Nazgul)

[This message has been edited by WitchKing (edited 03-15-2003 @ 12:29 PM).]

posted 03-12-03 10:55 AM EDT (US)     2 / 28  
Resend to swolte2@hotmail.com, plz

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 03-12-03 11:11 AM EDT (US)     3 / 28  
OK, I will when I get home. What happened?

posted 03-12-03 11:21 AM EDT (US)     4 / 28  
Nothing

(and that is the prob., I should have recieved at least something!)

posted 03-12-03 02:49 PM EDT (US)     5 / 28  
Weird. It said it sent it (I use the automatic function). Any possibility that Hotmail blocked it? I know that I have my junk mail filter set to exclusive, so if you aren't on my safe list, I don't even see the eMail.

I'll have to figure out where it saved the outgoing file and send it to you. If I can't locate it, I'll redo my turn and send it to you manually.

posted 03-12-03 02:56 PM EDT (US)     6 / 28  
It's in your emailout -map, located under program files-> AoW-> etc..
(usually).
Dunno what happened, I had the same problem with Thundarr and Thorongil. Like the entire hotmail was down for a few hours?

posted 03-12-03 08:35 PM EDT (US)     7 / 28  
It's possible, that's why I don't use Hotmail. If you're interested in a Pop3 account, let me know; so long as you don't really care about the domain name. I run a web server and I can set you up with one that you can use with Outlook, Outlook Express, or any other POP3 software. It also has a web client.

Send me an eMail if you're interested.

posted 03-13-03 00:26 AM EDT (US)     8 / 28  
Okay, I went ahead and just replayed the turn because I couldn't figure out where the saved game was stored. I have an EmailIn folder where I place the games when I receive them, but my EmailOut folder is empty. At any rate, let me know if you don't receive it.

posted 03-13-03 03:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 28  
Day 1: the God King

Sailing and walking!

posted 03-13-03 10:00 PM EDT (US)     10 / 28  
Ged - Day 2:

Captured a power node that didn't provide much in the way of increased resources. Sent my troops in search of additional resources.

Side Note: I've been messing around with my eMail settings, so you may get a restart message.

[This message has been edited by WitchKing (edited 03-15-2003 @ 12:29 PM).]

posted 03-14-03 10:45 AM EDT (US)     11 / 28  
God King

Spreading out and got some nice towers and mana!

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 03-14-2003 @ 10:45 AM).]

posted 03-15-03 12:29 PM EDT (US)     12 / 28  
Ged - Day 3:

A hero joined my cause today, bringing me much reason for celebration. I have sent my forces far and wide to procure the resources I need for survival. Have spotted a scout of the God King. Cannot engage as he is on the water, but will remain wary of possible attack.

posted 03-15-03 03:15 PM EDT (US)     13 / 28  
God king

A few of my scouts quickly disposed of the human cavalry and pushed through to sink the Ged's boat..

Things look good for us, even more now that Chanta has joined us!

posted 03-15-03 06:02 PM EDT (US)     14 / 28  
Ged - Day 4:

The loss of my ship and my scout was a difficult blow. I have pulled my forces back to regroup. I have spotted the enemy's forces on the horizon. Surely it will only be a matter of time before they are at my doorstep.

posted 03-15-03 06:49 PM EDT (US)     15 / 28  
God King

Ati decided not to go for Ged's capitol, yet. Instead he took the human town on the small island.
From now on we will be a little less reckless...

posted 03-16-03 04:19 PM EDT (US)     16 / 28  
Ged - Day 5:

Having lived to fight another day, I have sent my troops out exploring to gather precious resources. Not much else to report.

posted 03-16-03 04:49 PM EDT (US)     17 / 28  
Plz send the turn

posted 03-17-03 01:44 PM EDT (US)     18 / 28  
ShadowGod: day 5

Moving and building..

posted 03-19-03 01:15 AM EDT (US)     19 / 28  
Ged - Day 6:

Continue to explore. Lost a watchtower and windmill today, but gained a mine.

posted 03-19-03 09:05 AM EDT (US)     20 / 28  
God King

Not much to report, just enjoying the view....

posted 03-19-03 11:23 PM EDT (US)     21 / 28  
Ged - Day 7:

Nothing much to report. Got off to a bad start and things haven't improved much.

posted 03-20-03 12:58 PM EDT (US)     22 / 28  
God King

Not much to report. Consolidating our position...

posted 03-21-03 12:43 PM EDT (US)     23 / 28  
Ged - Day 8:

My scouts are continuously beset by independent forces. Have sent reinforcements to solidify their position.

posted 03-21-03 01:15 PM EDT (US)     24 / 28  
God King

Preparing..

posted 03-23-03 05:37 AM EDT (US)     25 / 28  
Ged - Day 9:

I'm afraid it's only a matter of time. I lost my hero today to independent troops bent only on attacking me at every turn. I have nothing to offer in the way of resistance. I fear my days are numbered.

posted 03-23-03 06:17 AM EDT (US)     26 / 28  
God King

A frog spied on the capitol and saw it was undefended. Quickly the animal 'kwaaAaaked' the information. My hero and his companion jumped in the boat and sailed towards the capitol right away.
Ged's reign has ended. A quick attack on his undefended capitol put an end to his fragile position..

-----------

Nice playing with you, WitchKing, although you never really got the oppertunity to do anything back. I hope you still enjoyed the game. I tried a 'rush strategy' against you on this map and it proved very effective. I made some modifications in the final version to discourage such strategies (and lessening their effects).

Against Thundarr (as Gedd), I tried a careful 'conquer the surroundings first'-strategy, but when I foolishly lost 3/4 of my army against 2 EarthElementals, I had to go for a more offensive approach fast. Since I captured a human town very quick I could outbuild and control his forces. I also got lucky with the vaults.

Against Minstrel I went for the 'underground-resource strategy' but was forced back real soon. He was very offensive and I could barely defend myself after I took the human town (with risks and fast) and the manticore with my heroes in one turn with heavy loss and wounds.. I managed to do succesfully anyway and directly counterattacked, took his human town as well...
Game is still running but his odds are low..

I dunno why I type all this now but it's here now..

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 03-23-2003 @ 06:22 AM).]

posted 03-23-03 02:07 PM EDT (US)     27 / 28  
It was nice playing with you, but unfortunately I lost too much early on and I never was able to recover. I tried going underground, but I was continuously attacked by the independent forces who were far too strong for my weak opening forces. I'd suggest scaling them back just a bit to allow for some judicious expansion.

posted 03-24-03 03:38 AM EDT (US)     28 / 28  
Good tip!
I have scaled the underground forces back a bit.. I also think it will be good for the map to have at least one city in the underground (but I'll have to discuss this with Karmic). The incentive to go underground is for resources only and the 'big treasure' is too far away in these fast games..
*ponders*

Perhaps with 2 careful and defensive players or in stalemate positions the underground become key (to reach the enemy capitol and develop hero).

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 03-24-2003 @ 03:39 AM).]

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Witch_King Swolte: OBLIVION (WL)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames