You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 1/2 FINALS- BTOOIC TOURNAMENT: Valley of Flowers (Kris Lighthawk vs Waterfly)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 03-12-03 10:14 AM EDT (US)   
An exciting match between two AoW giants, who's histories go back far beyond the coming of AoW2. The battleground is a modified map by D3-Kamikaze and features two rivaling halfling tribes in a Valley filled with flowers! The positions have been randomly determined.

* Merdoc: Kris Lighthawk (kris@hco.kollegienet.dk)
* Ellendra: Waterfly (torsten.staedler@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)

We play by:
- tournament rules
- Allied victory-off
- No 'official' diplomatic relations
- BTOOIC activated
- Latest patch, v1.2 installed

(I start the game when the other team is ready as well..)

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
Replies:
posted 03-13-03 12:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 49  
AND WE'VE BEGUN!!

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 03-13-2003 @ 12:23 PM).]

posted 03-13-03 04:33 PM EDT (US)     2 / 49  
This is going to be an interesting game, This will be the first time ever that I play a 1 v 1 game against Waterfly...

Merdoc - Day 1

Turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
Creator of Lighthawk's mod
posted 03-14-03 03:52 AM EDT (US)     3 / 49  
Day 1: Ellendra
Well yes, certainly - "clash of titans", sort of
Although we never had a 1x1 together, you are the one player I battled the most games against, and who made me invent and refine most of my advanced tactics

Our troops are assigned their tasks and most of them survived todays fierce battle ...

Shouldnt we make this a Ladder-game too? I am worth 3 points only or so but I dont play so may games and eventually we will meet anyway!
If you agree - please sign up the thread.

[This message has been edited by waterfly (edited 03-14-2003 @ 04:03 AM).]

posted 03-14-03 04:08 AM EDT (US)     4 / 49  
Swolte - please note that the better email for me is now
torsten.staedler@t-online.de
although the "old" one get forwarded, it might delay the mails and might get invalid in a year or so.
Kris if you send manually, you should use the new one too.
posted 03-14-03 11:09 AM EDT (US)     5 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 2

turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
posted 03-14-03 12:23 PM EDT (US)     6 / 49  
Day 2: Ellendra

turn sent

posted 03-14-03 03:53 PM EDT (US)     7 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 3
turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
posted 03-14-03 04:28 PM EDT (US)     8 / 49  
May the best butcher... err... player win.

This will definitely be an interesting game to watch.

**grabs some snacks and sits as a spectator on a fence**

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ~Confucius
Email at: Tekkaman_Zero@hotmail.com 124881677
posted 03-14-03 04:54 PM EDT (US)     9 / 49  
Day 3: Ellendra
*hands Tekk some popcorn*

One more battle plan realized - our scheming is on track!

ts

posted 03-14-03 08:09 PM EDT (US)     10 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 4

Turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
posted 03-15-03 04:02 AM EDT (US)     11 / 49  
Day 4: Ellendra
Secret stuff only
ts
posted 03-15-03 10:23 AM EDT (US)     12 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 5

Turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
posted 03-15-03 12:10 PM EDT (US)     13 / 49  
Day 5: Ellendra
*Ho, hum.....ho, hum*
the little ones are on the march

ts

posted 03-15-03 01:27 PM EDT (US)     14 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 6
Turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
posted 03-17-03 03:10 PM EDT (US)     15 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 7

A halfling swordsman of ours moving north, was a little surprised to ran into an enemy goblin bomber (!!) and a glade runner deciding that he would die anyway he attacked..... and won without a scratch!!

Turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
posted 03-19-03 06:20 AM EDT (US)     16 / 49  
Day 7: Ellendra
Our Nymphs only do seduce victors, so the brave halfling swordman was recruited after passing his test of ability

money isnt too abundant though
ts

posted 03-19-03 07:05 PM EDT (US)     17 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 7

NO!!
The enemy has turned our super sword man against us!!
Now we are surly going to lose the war.....

Turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
posted 03-20-03 06:59 AM EDT (US)     18 / 49  
Day 8: Ellendra
We recruit Winger into our army and capture the center magic relay which we hope to be able to put to good use soon....
The Elite Swordsmen is send out to persuade his former fellows of the better pension plan in Ellendras army.
posted 03-20-03 08:21 AM EDT (US)     19 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 8

Turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
posted 03-20-03 12:17 PM EDT (US)     20 / 49  
Day 9: Ellendra
Ellendra had to unveil her surprise act to prevent an Eagle Rider - who also approached as a surprise - from capturing the magic relay. At least one Eagle Rider is slain...
posted 03-20-03 03:28 PM EDT (US)     21 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 10

A water elemental?? Yes that was quite a surprise...

Turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
posted 03-21-03 01:53 AM EDT (US)     22 / 49  
Day 10: Ellendra
We sent our battle-weary cavallery outriders into a suicide mission against the elven town of Recar, which likely isnt as deserted as it looks...
posted 03-21-03 05:02 AM EDT (US)     23 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 11

Well, you can always try your luck against our nymphs....

Turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
posted 03-21-03 08:07 AM EDT (US)     24 / 49  
Day 11: Ellendra
The Outriders didnt dare to attack the beautiful Nymphs, since we feared instant defection.
A life node was captured by our Water Dancer though and a Slinger fell victim to one frustrated Rider... his last communication sounded somewhat vague - he might have retired by tomorrow
posted 03-23-03 07:27 AM EDT (US)     25 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 11

Turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
posted 03-23-03 09:07 AM EDT (US)     26 / 49  
Day 12: Ellendra
Lennart is dead!
He was stronger then my hero yet is and had better items (sacrifical dagger and frost breath) , that I knew already from my disbanded cavallery the turn before...

I came to threaten the elven town and had my water Dancer healthy again and fully enchanted (Nymphs seem to not able to seduce him).
Seeing Lennart down to 3 health and your Wizard highly likely out of mana I had to take the chance, since 1 hit from the Water elemental (15 att vs 16 def) should be enough to finish him. If things go worse, at least the golden sheriff might be slain.
I won and the Dancer made a good fight even against the sheriff (13att/11def with 14 health is quite good) - with Lennart gone, the greatest threat to our Wizard seems eliminated for now and ressurection would take some time...

posted 03-24-03 04:35 PM EDT (US)     27 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 12

Damn!! I should never have tried to attack that steam tank

Turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
posted 03-25-03 03:21 AM EDT (US)     28 / 49  
Day 13: Ellendra
Our water elemental captured the elven town and defeated the nymphs army by a safe margin.
Our hero recaptures a life node against a Gladerunner and heads for those nice items Ellendra is safekeeping.

Quote:

Damn!! I should never have tried to attack that steam tank

Yes, I never could have dared to attack Lennart in full health...
posted 03-27-03 11:54 AM EDT (US)     29 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 13

Turn sent

Sorry about the delay, I have been very busy with my RL....

Kris Lighthawk

[This message has been edited by Kris Lighthawk (edited 03-27-2003 @ 11:54 AM).]

posted 04-01-03 05:12 PM EDT (US)     30 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 15

Turn sent

I am sorry about the delay, I have been visiting my parents since friday and expected to be able to play my games from there, unfortunately their internet connection was down all the time....

Kris Lighthawk
posted 04-02-03 08:27 AM EDT (US)     31 / 49  
Ellendra: Day 15
We razed a magic relay to prevent being dispelled by some Eagles assault.
Our hero captures a life node since we figure the forces on our side cant be strong, our elven town in the South didnt notice any trespassers so far.
We have secured a rebuild dwarven town and hope to gain a safe center for our adventures....
posted 04-03-03 09:12 AM EDT (US)     32 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 16

Turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
posted 04-04-03 06:31 AM EDT (US)     33 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 17

Turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
posted 04-04-03 07:50 AM EDT (US)     34 / 49  
Day 17: Ellendra
Our hero Chris captured the last halfling outpost -so that for the moment we own all villages except the enemy capitol.
Merdoc army razed a watchtower adjacent our capitol but then retreated out of sight.
We have a nice dwarven fortress for Ellendra with 16 defending troops and a Hall of enchantment to give them all bless.
Chris is still razing stuff to gain some levels before he will make his forward move against Merdocs quarter of the map.
posted 04-07-03 06:30 AM EDT (US)     35 / 49  
Ellendra: Day 18
Exploring a magic vault....
hunting a poor hobbit militia.

Waiting for the attack in our center fortress. Will we see an Eagles mob? a water elemental? A horde of sheriffs?

posted 04-09-03 10:08 PM EDT (US)     36 / 49  
Turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
posted 04-10-03 05:53 AM EDT (US)     37 / 49  
Day 19: Ellendra
Lost an elven village,
captured the hobbit...
posted 04-10-03 10:15 AM EDT (US)     38 / 49  
Merdoc - Day 20

Turn sent

Kris Lighthawk
posted 04-10-03 11:15 AM EDT (US)     39 / 49  
Tournament Newsflash

The two matches are really taking shape now! Waterfly seems to have the advantage in the Valley of Wonders, but Kris isn't easily defeated! Waterfly is known to be a excellent consolidater but it remains to be seen if he is able to hold on to everything with this opponent, though! He just lost his Elven village!
Troy had a good start, making use of the elven speed. His fast elves seemed to disrupt the strategy of Ellumesh in the early game, but it was not enough. Then Ellumesh strong Dark Elves struck back hard. It remains to be seen what Troy's answer will be.. if there will be any at all..

The final map: Tournament-Oblivion is now available for download at the BTOOIC website after heavy testing and modifying by me and Karmic.
Comments on balance are welcome, the sides (Ged and God King) will be picked random.

Good luck to all players! Keep up the good pace!

posted 04-11-03 04:24 AM EDT (US)     40 / 49  
Ellendra: Day 20
Our Raiders found Arcos in the South with the main army of Merdoc - about 3-4 days from our 2 main cities. Pretty dangerous stack of 4 sheriffs, 2 Eagle Riders a water dancer and Arcos himself at level 2.
Now we hope he isnt able to sink our Raiders Galley and we will try to take off some spells tomorrow.

We need our main hero now to threaten this stack with our strongest troops....

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » 1/2 FINALS- BTOOIC TOURNAMENT: Valley of Flowers (Kris Lighthawk vs Waterfly)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames