Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Get Neuman: Casta vs Alex Mars
posted 04-07-03 07:02 PM EDT (US)   
Replies:
posted 04-07-03 08:16 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
there are serious problems with the map - I suggest you contact the author (king david) for an update (if he has finished it yet), or try another map...
posted 04-07-03 09:40 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
posted 04-07-03 10:25 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
the places you can land on to summon units vs the other player can be used over and over and over again, even if you dont have the gold.

... I suppose you could both agree not to use them, but when I last talked to king david, he said he was about done fixing it up...

posted 04-07-03 11:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
I guess we'll look for another map then...thanks.
posted 04-08-03 03:59 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
I think we should try as the map has a lot to offer.
ts
posted 04-08-03 08:10 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
Hey guys:

Here's the report regarding greenmonster's (correct) warning:

This map has some fairly innovative triggers that play along with the "vs" theme and allow extra opportunity to beat each other up. These triggers are designed to allow you to send "gifts" to your opponent (enemy raiders) in exchange for a sum of gold. Unfortunately, there is a bug in the game which allows you to go far into negative income on a given turn, with your gold supply resetting to "0" on the following turn and, unfortunately, I did not realize this when designing the game. So, I recommend you do one of two things:

1) Play on the honor system (ie don't use the triggers if you don't have the cash) or,

2) Wait until I post a "fixed" version in which the triggers and "gifts" will be somewhat different.

I'd meant to have the "fix" posted by now, but have been very busy lately. I hope to have it out in a few days. In any case, Tripcrow just finished a game on this map and enjoyed it a good deal, and didn't send any negative reports regarding the triggers. Any other questions, just ask or request - kngdvd@outgun.com

Thanks and sorry about the inconvenience, I'll make time to patch this up now that I know more folks are interested in it.

KD

posted 04-09-03 01:39 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
We have agreed to avoid the triggers.

turn sent

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Get Neuman: Casta vs Alex Mars
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames