orcs = greenmonster
elves = dafyth
tigrans = minstrel
halflings = stratovarius

Replies:
posted 04-10-03 09:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 64  
orcs day 1-
----------------

finally I have assembled an army that is determined to see the elves pay for their aggressions!

enough of their trickery and fancy ideas...
this time we meet on orc terms;
bloody face to face combat!

TS

good luck everyone!

game has been registered for WL

posted 04-10-03 09:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 64  
Elves -- Day1

All is good in my green and sunny realm. My pure and holy magic streams through my tower, giving warmth and comfort to my loyal followers and to the furry forest creatures whom I protect.

What's this? A warrior maiden who guards a tree of life, wishes to join me and present me with her tree. She only asks for some gold? Of course my dear, there is plenty for all! Come to me.

Ah, another magic node, occupied by some playful water dancers. Will you join us as well? No?!? Well then, whack-whack, you naughty things! . . . Now, it is peaceful again, and more magic flows through our domain, and the birds sing even more gaily.

Yes, it has been a very pleasant day.

TS, Played on work computer.

posted 04-11-03 04:41 PM EDT (US)     3 / 64  
Felix Sandstorm - Day 1

The forces of fire started the day singing and shouting as some gold was given to us as we already completed our first quest.

posted 04-11-03 05:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 64  
I havent recieved the turn yet, just so you know. hs667@hotmail.com
posted 04-11-03 05:26 PM EDT (US)     5 / 64  
Resent.
posted 04-12-03 00:02 AM EDT (US)     6 / 64  
The turn I recieved was still felix's.
posted 04-12-03 10:40 AM EDT (US)     7 / 64  
Halfling - Day 1

Our short, stubby legs have begun moving to contact the friendly people in the nearby lands. We have already bought a windmill and a village, and expect more of the same tomorrow. We also see the radius of our good elven friends. We shall come to speak with you tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by Stratovarius (edited 04-12-2003 @ 10:41 AM).]

posted 04-12-03 03:16 PM EDT (US)     8 / 64  
orcs, day 2-
----------------

we suffered many casualties overnight, but none that were critical.
in fact, we expected the losses anyway, as some of the node defenders jumped in... it just allowed us to take the node faster.

and today we see our next target in the distance...

TS

posted 04-17-03 02:09 PM EDT (US)     9 / 64  
Dafyth -

You sent me minstrels turn.

posted 04-17-03 11:31 PM EDT (US)     10 / 64  
Elves -- Day2

Wild frogs attacked from nowhere slaughtering followers of the light! We press on, undeterred, with the memory of those fallen fresh on our minds

Turn sent to Minstrel

posted 04-18-03 03:09 AM EDT (US)     11 / 64  
Felix Sandstorm - Day 2

We reached the surface and a tigran outpost was glad to join us for a few gold coins. Another one was also willing to join but will need to be taken by force as they are too greedy.

posted 04-18-03 09:02 AM EDT (US)     12 / 64  
Halfling - Day 2

The growth continues.

posted 04-18-03 06:00 PM EDT (US)     13 / 64  
orcs-
------------

gluttony = greed.

today my champion found means to build me a wizards tower, took over an outpost, and killed enough independants on the way to nearly earn himself a gold medal. let me stress that this was all in 1 day...

TS

posted 04-18-03 11:01 PM EDT (US)     14 / 64  
Elves – Day3

Another scout has been pounced upon by feral creatures – do none respect the keepers of the forest anymore? We continue to scout, seeking the source of the grave disturbance. I am beginning to sense what may be behind these strange occurrences

Turn sent to Minstrel, switched to home computer and it generated a restart

posted 04-19-03 04:18 AM EDT (US)     15 / 64  
Felix - Day 3

The village was taken without casualties and another Tigran outpost joined our side.

posted 04-19-03 10:28 AM EDT (US)     16 / 64  
Halfling - Day 3

We were attacked in the night by foul creatures, but they had the pleasent side effect of cleaning out a village for us to take. The survivors were put down with the coming of the day. The expansion continues, as even more falls into our hands, and we expect this to continue.

posted 04-19-03 10:51 PM EDT (US)     17 / 64  
orcs, day 4-
---------------

a band of elves assaulted us, but were dispatched.... one of my followers took a watch tower, and gave me his report....

a strong band of Reignbeau loyalists is headed my way...

it looks like the elves are putting all of their eggs in one basket (how appropriate for easter!).

all we can say is that we already have a wizards tower, and that our glutton really likes eggs!

TS

posted 04-20-03 00:44 AM EDT (US)     18 / 64  
Elves – Day4

Well, now I know what has been causing the disturbances. It is an Orc Wizard with his pet glutton -- or is it a glutton with it's pet wizard? Either way, they are both far from home, and they should not have wandered into my peaceful domain. They will find a meal in my kingdom very unpalatable; and it will most likely get caught in their throats -- from the outside.

Turn sent to Minstrel

posted 04-20-03 06:39 AM EDT (US)     19 / 64  
Felix Sandstorm

Met our friends the orcs.

Sorry for the restart message, I mixed up the game file. No impact though as there was no fight today.

posted 04-20-03 10:58 AM EDT (US)     20 / 64  
Halfling - Day 4

We have spotted the first sign of Tigran infestation, although we merely plot for now. A battle will take place in the night, we just believe we shall win it. More halflings join our cause, ever expanding our domain.

posted 04-20-03 09:27 PM EDT (US)     21 / 64  
orcs, day 5-
-----------------

since I have sustained wounds in the past few days battles, I decide it best to leave the outpost for the elves to take, and to retreat myself to the safety of my capital.

I am furious I need to do this, but since I have just made new friends, and they are coming to my aid, It is the wisest choice.
I will punish the elves for making me retreat though... I just need to build up my empire a bit more.

TS

posted 04-21-03 05:16 AM EDT (US)     22 / 64  
Elves – Day5

Hehe, we have a wounded wizard on the run! The Orc outpost he seemed so interested in was happy enough to welcome us, and my nymphs convinced its inhabitants that joining us was the right thing to do.

Though I am not fond of wild Orcs, the domesticated ones usually behave well as I am well known as a keeper of the peace. Perhaps I shall forego the standard migration process and allow them to tend to themselves while I finish hunting down that upstart rebel wizard.

Turn sent to Minstrel

posted 04-22-03 02:13 PM EDT (US)     23 / 64  
Received a mail with file name FightforLight.ahm
Assuming it is not the right game, please resend.
posted 04-22-03 03:39 PM EDT (US)     24 / 64  
Oops -- turn resent
posted 04-22-03 03:59 PM EDT (US)     25 / 64  
Felix - Day 5

The alliance with Karissa has now been forged.

posted 04-22-03 04:14 PM EDT (US)     26 / 64  
Halfling - Day 5

More troops have joined our ranks, and our money flow increases again. A slightly costly battle with area guards was won. We see the tigran advance, but it appears scattered and wounded. We suggest retreating before the stubby people march upon you.

posted 04-22-03 07:42 PM EDT (US)     27 / 64  
orcs -

nearly at the saftey of my capital. once we are healed, the elves will be forced to fall back.

TS

posted 04-23-03 09:37 PM EDT (US)     28 / 64  
Dafyth, did you get the turn file?

I'll resend now just in case

posted 04-24-03 11:13 AM EDT (US)     29 / 64  
Elves – Day6

Never have I seen a pair run so quickly – and I have seen many a fast gladerunner in my day. The glutton and wizard were either hastened on an enchanted road or they were being chased by Elevn enforcers of the Peace. Certainly the latter, perhaps even the former as well ;-) Though their bloodlust was great, I instructed my troops not to over-pursue. The archers and nymphs would have been left behind and a bit defenseless, and a mob of scrubs would have most likely met my Maiden and Druid at the Orc’s castle in support of the fleeing rouges.

Besides that, the Orc outlaws and their duped Tigran allies left behind some things almost as valuable as a wizard scalp – some in plain view and others just out of normal sight. My Druid recovered a mine, and the Eagle scout guarding it saw the error of its ways and now faithfully serves us. My Iron Maiden scouted a distance and found an abandoned outpost begging to serve us. The settlement is much happier now under our banner. She is off to capture the watchtower next.

As my Orcish pikeman headed West, he found something hiding in the bushes. Heh, an Abomination that was apparently too slow to accompany its former masters was left behind to perish. But I took pity on the creature, and my Nymphs (the gods only know how) used their charms to persuade him to joined our ever growing ranks of Orcs loyal to Our cause. With my troops thus bolstered, we may visit the Glutton and his pet wizard after all . . .

Turn sent to Minstrel, switched to office PC (for the next several days until my home PC is fixed)

posted 04-25-03 00:28 AM EDT (US)     30 / 64  
Halfling - Day 6

We see that damn bird is still hovering. We also noted the killing of the halfling camp. We even see Karzen, a blade throwing hero with a shield. We shall still prevail, as our numbers shall overcome.

posted 04-28-03 08:07 AM EDT (US)     31 / 64  
GM, you get the turn file?
posted 04-28-03 10:24 AM EDT (US)     32 / 64  
i thought i played it and sent it on...

i'll reload the file to see if I'm right..

it may cause a restart later.

posted 04-28-03 10:27 AM EDT (US)     33 / 64  
yes, i played that turn and sent it on.

hopefully we wont need a resend fom me, as the turn has now been overwritten...

let me know if I need to replay the turn and send it on.

posted 04-28-03 10:42 AM EDT (US)     34 / 64  
screw it... i just replayed and sent it on.

nothing happening in my turns anyway...

posted 04-28-03 11:06 AM EDT (US)     35 / 64  
Looks like Dafyth is AFk for a couple days, so it'll be till the end of the week.
posted 04-30-03 07:24 PM EDT (US)     36 / 64  
Elves – Day7

Turn sent to Minstrel, switched to exclusive home PC use.

posted 05-01-03 07:26 AM EDT (US)     37 / 64  
Felix

My flying forces noticed 8 halfings heading to our land. Measures have been taken.

I have no clue for the restart message (but there was no fight either).

posted 05-01-03 09:21 AM EDT (US)     38 / 64  
Halfling - Day 7

That bird was irritating, but I think you for the small amount of money you gave. It will be taken care of.

posted 05-01-03 09:28 PM EDT (US)     39 / 64  
orcs -
------------

awaiting tigran aid, healing, ..... and recruiting a big threat to the elven queen..

TS

posted 05-02-03 00:39 AM EDT (US)     40 / 64  
Elves – Day8

A day of mixed news. I have been contacted by the leader of the Halflings, and an alliance will be quickly forged. He is sorely pressed by the Cat people but I have sent him much needed aid. Unfortunately I have lost my proud Zypher in an ill-fated scout attempt, giving the Tigrans a free hand.

The Glutton and two of its slaves have re-emerged in the area. Its retinue is very weak, but the bloated monster must be having illusions of grandeur by pulling along its pet wizard. Probably it is merely a feint, and my forces will simply chase it back from whence it came.

Turn sent to Minstrel

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » A River RanThru It REMATCH (gm,d,m,s) - -=WL=- -
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames