You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL rematch: Newfoundland (Dafyth vs Sfriese)
posted 04-11-03 04:36 PM EDT (US)   
WL rematch
Map: Newfoundland

Nekron = Sfriese
Serena = Dafyth

House rules

Let the game begin!

Replies:
posted 04-11-03 05:10 PM EDT (US)     1 / 17  
Serena - Elves - Day1

Scouting and exploring. One Watchtower and a water mill have been captured.

TS

posted 04-12-03 12:43 PM EDT (US)     2 / 17  
Serena - Elves - Day2

Grrrr, the resources are a day away, and all are heavily guarded. I could get massacared if if don't approach this right.

TS

posted 04-12-03 02:46 PM EDT (US)     3 / 17  
Serena - Elves - Day3

So far, so good.

TS

posted 04-17-03 05:02 PM EDT (US)     4 / 17  
Serena - Elves - Day4

Cleaned up the area with only a few losses. We found a frostling village symathetic to our cause and we have joined forces.

TS

posted 04-17-03 05:05 PM EDT (US)     5 / 17  
Serena - Elves - Day5

A Dwarven rouge has shown up at the capital, looking for gainful employment. Though gold is sparse, I have decided to recruit him anyway. Better that then to let him roam free raising havoc. perhaps I shall place him in charge of the captured Orcs.

TS

posted 04-18-03 11:44 AM EDT (US)     6 / 17  
Serena - Elves - Day6

We found some rouges blocking the bridge near my frostling settlement. With the help of some glade runners with ousted those drifters. An orc settlement appears in the distance -- I doubt that they can be swayed with gold.

Joy! An Elven settlement has also been spotted! Unfortunately, they are demanding vast sums of gold for an alliance. I will consider their offer.

TS

posted 04-18-03 11:46 AM EDT (US)     7 / 17  
Serena - Elves - Day7

The Orc settlement was only lightly guarded, and my small frostling allies took it with relative ease. The glade runners were again around to provide assistance before flitting off again. A furnace and watchtower also were captured by my swift scouts.

TS

posted 04-18-03 01:35 PM EDT (US)     8 / 17  
Serena - Elves - Day8

Hmmm, Teleporters and FC go about as well together as do firearms and alcohol. My newly summoned unicorn lasted all of 10 seconds in this world before being ripped to shreds at the receiving end of one of those damned unnatural transportation devices. The good news is that there is an Elven city ready to be recruited, and several resources in the immediate area that can be acquired while I figure out what to do next . . .

TS

posted 04-18-03 03:30 PM EDT (US)     9 / 17  
Serena - Elves - Day9

Heh, it seems that a zombie wanted to return the favor of a visit, and he was returned to the earth for eternity. A death node was taken -- as repugnant as it is, I can still make some use of it.

TS

posted 04-18-03 11:07 PM EDT (US)     10 / 17  
Serena - Elves – Day10

My forces were forced to slay a crazed Gladerunner – the shock was palpable and horrific! The poor soul must have been enscrolled by the enemy to serve against his will. At least the poor soul is now at peacefully at rest.
An ancient ruin appears in striking distance – I shall have some troops explore it tomorrow.
Negotiations are complete and the Elven city has joined our cause. The cost in gold was significant, but hopefully it will be worth it.

TS, switched to home computer and it generated a restart.

posted 04-19-03 00:24 AM EDT (US)     11 / 17  
Serena - Elves – Day11

The ancient ruin was sucessfully explored, and the rewards were rich! The troops are now enroute to another, but it is several days away.

TS

posted 04-25-03 10:30 PM EDT (US)     12 / 17  
Day 11 resent
posted 04-26-03 01:35 AM EDT (US)     13 / 17  
Serena - Elves – Day12

Disaster! I have tried to hold the magic portal with my staunchest defenders, but Necron has virtually annihilated my entire defense force. My Dwarven hero and his retinue have been decimated -- all but an Iron Maiden. But she is sorely wounded and is forced to flee.

All of my remaining forces have been immediately recalled to plug the breach. They are scattered and divided, but make haste. I pray that they are not too late.

TS; home PC fixed (harddrive upgraded) but it’s generating restart messages in all of my games tonight (sorry!)

posted 04-26-03 02:12 AM EDT (US)     14 / 17  
Serena - Elves – Day13

My forces are rushing to the teleporter. Either nothing has emerged yet, or the units have concealment. this could be trouble if they are Vampires

TS

posted 04-30-03 07:51 PM EDT (US)     15 / 17  
Serena - Elves – Day14

The former Orc town is now full of happy elven citizens -- they will hopfully serve as a buffer for any undead invasion that comes near there. Meanwhile, my scattered forces are coming together and are closing in on the breach. There has been no followup attack yet, so I am hoping that the damage has been kept to a minimum.

TS

posted 04-30-03 11:45 PM EDT (US)     16 / 17  
Serena - Elves – Day15

I've left the orcs behind with the frostlings -- My need for speed through the forest is more important than the extra units right now.

My Gladerunner reports an all clear through the teleporter, and a mixed Elven force pops through. They stay huddled together, fearing a trap, but close in on the undead capital.

My Nymph was about to snatch away a recently discovered artifact by the enemy, but he has covered it with my archers than my Nymph can handle. She has swum back out to sea.

TS

posted 05-02-03 00:34 AM EDT (US)     17 / 17  
Serena - Elves – Day16

Leaving the Orcs behind turned out to be the proper thing to do. With all of my forces imbued with forestry I was able to reach the undead capital just a step ahead of the bone horror reinforcement. Nekron has returned to the void, and the land is safe again for the Elves to inhabit.

Thanks for a fun game Sfriese! I really thought I had blown it when you smashed my teleporter guard. I even went as far as to raze the other teleporter leading to my kingdom, and I had rush built a transport boat figuring I’d have to go the long way in a Naval race. I was totally vulnerable once you wiped out that stack.

TS

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL rematch: Newfoundland (Dafyth vs Sfriese)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames