You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Oblivion (JWorth vs. King of Gloom)
posted 05-28-03 03:28 PM EDT (US)   
WL Oblivion (tournament version)

Ged: JWorth, jay at immaterial dot net
God King: King of Gloom, king_of_gloom at hotmail.com

Are we playing with summon hero? My instinct is to ban it, not really sure if there are any neutral heroes on this map.

Replies:
posted 05-28-03 03:30 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16  
Ged, day 1.

Moving out, securing resources -- perhaps tried to cut things a little too fine and lost my first scrub . No matter, I'm sure that many more will die before this campaign's done.

Turn sent.

posted 05-28-03 06:45 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16  
God King day 1

We got lost of the resources defenders and now really own the island we started on. Soon more islands wil follow.

Enjoy the game JW!

posted 05-29-03 02:00 AM EDT (US)     3 / 16  
Ged, day 2.

Nothing too exciting -- took a node, captured some gold. Starting to get a secure hold on my starting territory...I wonder what that dastardly God King is up to? And what did he do to earn that title? Must have been something truly heroic...

Turn sent.

And, yes, forgive me, I forget my manners...Enjoy the game, King of Gloom (nice title, btw).

posted 05-29-03 03:48 AM EDT (US)     4 / 16  
Mr.King, day 2.

I did nothing to earn the title, my parents thought it be funny to have their child called God. Their mistake; I started to believe it and started acting like one (and filled the niche). But you don't have to call me God, mr. King will do.

Turn sent.

posted 05-29-03 07:21 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16  
Ged,

Thanks, Mister King God, or whatever combination you prefer, that's mighty generous of you .

A slightly bloodier than expected turn, but I'm getting used to that . Securing more resources and sending out scouts.

Turn sent.

posted 05-30-03 11:14 AM EDT (US)     6 / 16  
Ged, day 4.

Scratch one boat...My raiding party decides to take a peek into the God King's domain, grabbing a tower with a commanding view. The enemy defenses are much stronger than we'd hoped -- no chance for a quick, decisive strike -- but Mr. God's boat is exposed and vulnerable, and charging amphibious cavalry make short work of it.

Now, to see if I can consolidate myself on this exposed forward island before the inevitable counterstrike...

Turn sent.

posted 06-02-03 11:15 AM EDT (US)     7 / 16  
Ged, turn 5.

Hmm...suddenly, I'm struck by a fit of indecision. All this water imposes a real constraint upon my advance. Perhaps my forward position is best used as a base for economic warfare, rather than for a killing strike?

I'll let the God King's actions determine my course, for the moment.

Turn sent.

[This message has been edited by JWorth (edited 06-02-2003 @ 12:07 PM).]

posted 06-03-03 02:16 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16  
Ged, turn 6.

Hunkering down, waiting to see where the God King commits himself next.

Turn sent.

posted 06-04-03 11:55 AM EDT (US)     9 / 16  
Ged, day 7.

The usual -- made a minor mistake, but killed one of the God King's frogs.

Turn sent.

posted 06-04-03 04:57 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16  
Ged, day 8.

So, the God King has made his counterattack, and our lines held, barely... It's mutual annhilation, with the human town left in my hands, and the sea surrounding his capital now solidly controlled by the God King's new galley -- my boat makes haste for safer waters...

Turn sent.

posted 06-07-03 01:52 AM EDT (US)     11 / 16  
Ged, turn 9.

Secured a magic relay to provide some cover to our exposed advanced forces, and took a node from the God King.

Turn sent.

posted 06-10-03 04:04 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16  
Congrats JWorth. I give up. Hoped to play a long game but guess we picked the wrong map for that

Well played!

posted 06-10-03 05:09 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16  
Thanks, King of Gloom. I agree -- it's going to take me a little while to get to your home island, but I think I can keep you from ever expanding off it on the surface, and it'll take you too long to get anywhere underground. I guess this map lends itself to a surface rush.

Thanks for an entertaining game -- those human villages really turned out to be key; once I had the ability to shift my morale to neutral and grab the campsites (which was good fortune for me), everything just seemed to fall into place. That big battle on turn 7 was very close, though, and if it had come out the other way this would have been anybody's game. I'm game for a rematch, if you like.

[This message has been edited by JWorth (edited 06-10-2003 @ 05:12 PM).]

posted 06-11-03 05:35 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16  
Yes, if I would have won that battle you referred to I might have had a chance.

What about Havens of Arvandos with Artica as CPU player in the middle?

posted 06-11-03 01:50 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16  
Just took a look at it...that's a really large map. Hard to tell at a quick glance if it's balanced or not, though my suspicion is that the elves would have a big edge over the goblins. Wondering how it would work with custom races/wizards?

Perhaps we could try something a little quicker?

[This message has been edited by JWorth (edited 06-11-2003 @ 01:51 PM).]

posted 06-12-03 11:04 AM EDT (US)     16 / 16  
Hey King of Gloom,

If you're looking for something epic, how about the Grimstone wars 2-player mod that Aim22 and Waterfly are currently playing? Looks like there's plenty of map to sink our teeth into, in that one...

-- JWorth

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Oblivion (JWorth vs. King of Gloom)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames