You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Danny's Sock tourney (iz-df)
posted 08-07-03 09:41 AM EDT (US)   
Tournament Danny's Sock

Elves: izaqyos, izaq_y@hotmail.com
Dark Elves: Dafyth, dwcarless@hotmail.com

House rules are in effect, Call hero banned.

Turn one has been sent

Replies:
posted 08-07-03 05:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 21  
Day 1 TS.

edit.
Good luck Dafyth.

[This message has been edited by izaqyos (edited 08-07-2003 @ 05:20 PM).]

posted 08-07-03 10:44 PM EDT (US)     2 / 21  
Arachna - Dark elves - Day1

The war for dominion of Danny's Sock has begun!

TS

posted 08-08-03 08:53 AM EDT (US)     3 / 21  
Day 2.

so far so good.
TS.

posted 08-08-03 09:16 AM EDT (US)     4 / 21  
Arachna - Dark elves - Day2

Many resources have beem taken, but the casualties begin already

TS

posted 08-09-03 04:38 AM EDT (US)     5 / 21  
Day 3,

TS.

posted 08-09-03 11:29 AM EDT (US)     6 / 21  
Arachna - Dark elves - Day3

Expansion continues, but no sign of the enemy, as yet.

TS

posted 08-10-03 12:18 PM EDT (US)     7 / 21  
Arachna - Dark elves - Day4

We continue to explore and look for things to kill.

TS

posted 08-10-03 06:26 PM EDT (US)     8 / 21  
Arachna - Dark elves - Day5

My troops found a gladerunner trying to hide in the bushes, so they killed it.

Were there is one, there is usually a few more. It is time for some pest control.

TS

posted 08-11-03 08:59 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21  
Arachna - Dark elves - Day6

A very brave unicorn attacked and killed one of my boars. My hero got revenge, and captured a mine.

TS

posted 08-12-03 09:50 AM EDT (US)     10 / 21  
Arachna - Dark elves - Day7

My troops continue to cautiously advance. I have seen evidence of the Elves presence, but nothing of the Elven or Dwarven troops themselves. I wonder what they are up to?

TS

posted 08-12-03 03:51 PM EDT (US)     11 / 21  
Elves, 8.

My forces have come out of the hiding.
A small but strong stack of units has attacked the dark elves' eastern invading force.
The dead unicorn was avenged and that threat removed.
( actually, I didn't expect to win this battle, only to thin your ranks a bit, was surprised at the result)
meanwhile the majority of my army is waiting at my southern dwarven village for the enemy to draw close.
Then the southern invading force might be dealt with too.

My foe is correct, I have deployed quite a few gladerunners.
They want to play hide and seek

posted 08-12-03 11:02 PM EDT (US)     12 / 21  
Arachna - Dark elves - Day8

I have no idea how you did what you did, and I have reviewed that battle at least 10 times looking for clues.

Serena's troops are either the smartest alive, or the luckiest, or perhaps both. Whichever the case, I salute the outnumbered attackers on an amazing and shockingly effective victory over my hero, spiderqueen, and large retinue. This day belongs to you.

After a devestating defeat such as this, I see only dark times ahead. Unfortunatelyly, even those may be cut short.

TS

[This message has been edited by Dafyth (edited 08-12-2003 @ 11:11 PM).]

posted 08-13-03 04:29 AM EDT (US)     13 / 21  
Have you tried simulating this battle with the editor?
I would also like to better understand the results.
My units were all blessed and weapon enchanted, your units weren't.
However your units got the first attack (defenders), I was sure I will lose three units in the first round. but I lost only one- the archer. Then the enchant weapon kicked in and your units took heave punishment.
Another small factor is the fact the your queen was hurt and died quickly without doing serious damage.
All that said, I admit that when I engaged that battle I expected to lose. I wanted to hold your forces enough for my main force to engage your southern force without risking me.
posted 08-13-03 04:12 PM EDT (US)     14 / 21  
Certainly the fact that 9 units could only kill one archer in the first half of the round is key; that the surviving 6 units could only kill one berserker in the next round cemented the rout.

It was a bold move on your part to attack while being outnumbered, and your gamble paid off handsomely. it was very well done.

I ran some sims, and usually with the atacker's enchantments they lose the archer and berzerker at least, and 60% of the time a scout as well in the first round. Most of the battles finally ended with the Iron Maiden as the sole survivor.

If you can duplicate this in future battles then for sure I'm dead in a few turns. If it is just a case of some lucky (and unlucky) numbers, then I'm still proabbaly dead, but I can drag it out a bit more

posted 08-13-03 05:06 PM EDT (US)     15 / 21  
Day 9,

TS.

I guess it was a matter of luck.
Wish I ccould duplicate this in ALL my future battles
IMO you are still very much in the game.

posted 08-13-03 09:35 PM EDT (US)     16 / 21  
Arachna - Dark elves - Day9

Serena continues to roll up the North. My mine has been lost, as well as Glacier sock and its garrison. My homeland villages attempt to rush build a defense.

In the South the news is a bit better. Another sneaky gladerunner tried to take a mine. A local boar squished him, and retook my prize.

Hillburg was devoid of any real army -- just about a half a dozen scrubs that were lightly enchanted. I had no real choice but to attack , and the level 1 units died without much of a fight. They seemed to target the Shade, but lifestealing and physical protection make it a great damage sponge.

TS

posted 08-14-03 09:25 PM EDT (US)     17 / 21  
Arachna - Dark elves - Day10

The North is strangly silent -- I do not see the expected enemy army coming into my realm. Every day that I have I use to rush my defence.

To the West my remaining forces peek into the area. I see too many nymphs for my liking. But no Druids -- yet.

TS

posted 08-15-03 08:52 PM EDT (US)     18 / 21  
Arachna - Dark elves - Day11

I send scouts into the North to see why it is so quiet. I see the Elven army is gone, and only a light garrison at Danny's Sock. Perhaps the army has gone underground to take the Hobbit village? In any case it appears that my homeland has been spared direct attack. For that I am thankful.

In the West my remaining army (and a few Dwarven conscripts) moves a little closer to the Elven homeland. The last time I tried this I was completely massacred. I will advance extra, extra carefully this time.

TS

posted 08-16-03 03:27 AM EDT (US)     19 / 21  
I have made the mistake of attacking your superior force.
I had lost and therefore surrendered.

Truth is, it was a good game. You played very well and countered alot of the things I usually do with the elves.

Thanks and congrats

looking forward to another game with you.

posted 08-16-03 05:18 AM EDT (US)     20 / 21  
I think that you let me off easy in the North. Your remaining units were all enchanted, and had 40 MP? You may have been able to race quickly to my capital. That was my biggest fear. When you killed my army in the North I thought that my game was close to over. That was well done! I blitzed everything that I had the other way in a race to beat you to the capitals. Overall a very exciting game

If you'd like a rematch with sides switched that would be OK with me. I am actually gone this weekend but I can start playing again Monday night or Tuesday.

Thanks again for an exciting game!

posted 08-16-03 11:15 AM EDT (US)     21 / 21  
The thought of rushing your capital had crossed my mind.
However my cautious nature won over and I decided to "play it safe". That was my first and primary mistake.
I then underestiamted your southern force. That had been my second mistake.
I was used to people giving up on hunting my gladerunners, so I failed to use them correctly when you consistently hunted them down. That was my third mistake.
You are a good player and playing against you is a good way to learn.

I would like a rematch with reversed sides.
Would you be able to set it up?

Thanks again for a great game.

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Danny's Sock tourney (iz-df)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames