You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Danny's Sock rematch (Df - Iq)
posted 08-19-03 11:56 PM EDT (US)   
WL Danny's Sock Rematch

Elves: Dafyth, dwcarless@hotmail.com
Dark Elves: izaqyos, izaq_y@hotmail.com

House rules are in effect, Call hero banned.

Replies:
posted 08-19-03 11:58 PM EDT (US)     1 / 22  
Serena - Elves – Day1

The Elves are on the move!

Turn sent

posted 08-21-03 12:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 22  
Dark elves, 1.

Turn sent.

posted 08-21-03 10:30 PM EDT (US)     3 / 22  
Serena - Elves – Day2

So many resources -- what should I attack first?

Turn sent

posted 08-27-03 03:21 AM EDT (US)     4 / 22  
Dark elves, 2.

TS.

posted 08-27-03 10:16 AM EDT (US)     5 / 22  
Serena - Elves – Day3

Arachna has been busy -- I see wild pigs running amok in her kingdom!

Turn sent

posted 08-28-03 08:44 PM EDT (US)     6 / 22  
Serena - Elves – Day5

Some fat little Hobbits, with the help of a unicorn, are eating well tonight

The Elves continue cautious exploration, expecting Arachna's horde to leap out of the shadows at any moment.

Turn sent

posted 08-30-03 05:42 AM EDT (US)     7 / 22  
Dark elves, 5.

A significant day.
TS.

posted 09-01-03 03:56 AM EDT (US)     8 / 22  
Dark elves, 6.

The elves are adavancing boldely into my domain. No fear in their hearts.

posted 09-01-03 07:58 PM EDT (US)     9 / 22  
Serena - Elves – Day7

The Hobbits are Dwarves are so slow, we had to start the attack early so that they could get there on time

We found a windmill during our march.

Turn sent

posted 09-02-03 04:10 PM EDT (US)     10 / 22  
Dark elves, 7.

TS.

posted 09-02-03 08:54 PM EDT (US)     11 / 22  
Serena - Elves – Day8

I watch my Dwarves and Hobbits trudge down the road. I do not know whether to laugh or weep at the slowness of their stubby legs. So far nothing or nobody has come forth to challange my mighty midget army. Is it a trap, or is Arachna actually afraid to fight them?

Turn sent

posted 09-03-03 04:05 PM EDT (US)     12 / 22  
Dark elves, 8.

Strangely enough the elves have turned back.
I wonder why?

Still tommorow might see some bloodshed as the few leading units has discovered some elves hiding underground.
Hurt as they are they would be easily crashed by the following stack.

posted 09-03-03 09:36 PM EDT (US)     13 / 22  
Serena - Elves – Day9

The Elves to the North tried to fight back to the surface -- my lone survivor had but 1 HP. In the end the enemy bladedancer alone killed both of my cav units and one of my swordmen before she was finally slain. Such a terrible foe!

To the South there is still not much to see. Pokt Island was left ungaurded, so my troops take it as an advanced base. One abomination was killed as my reinforcements arrived, and another has been spotted a little out of range.

Tomorrow my troops begin the final drive toward Arachna's capital. I suspect that her army awaits me there.

Turn sent

Former PBEM singles champion.
posted 09-04-03 03:15 AM EDT (US)     14 / 22  
Dark elves, 9.

The elves have attacked us at the north, and since the situation near my capital is dire my force is heading home to reinforce my defence.

note,
I'm impressed with the way you handled the elves.
But how were you able to produce (at least) two druids on day 9?

posted 09-04-03 10:25 PM EDT (US)     15 / 22  
Serena - Elves – Day10

A bit of scouting has clarified the situation somewhat. Arachna's Army is part way between her capital and Pokt Island -- as a result my army consolidates its position and waits for a few more reinforcements from across the water.

As to the druids -- well they were to have been a secret, but I ran out of hiding room. How they got there? It is a secret for now, until one of us is victorious, and I can tell you offline All I will say for now is that it takes a little pre-planning, and it is not too tricky

Turn sent

posted 09-05-03 04:38 AM EDT (US)     16 / 22  
Dark elves, 10.

This game will be decided by a single battle.
The situation however favores the elves.

posted 09-05-03 08:12 PM EDT (US)     17 / 22  
Serena - Elves – Day11

Several battles today, and two villages captured.

The underground Goblin village in the Bayou was captured by Torgal, and Pokt Island was recaptured by my Iron Maiden. A stray Abomination was rounded up by a Druid.

A huge clash of armies finally took place on the Dark Elven plain -- her summoning a boar indicated that her magic was all but exhausted for the day, it now was the time to strike with my Druids in place. All 13 of Arachna's troops fell to 12 of mine. But my Iron Maiden was one of the survivors -- it was stunning how she cut through the spiderqueen and shade. The remnants of my army will join Elme and Torgal soon to track down Arachna's last hero.

Turn sent

posted 09-06-03 05:55 PM EDT (US)     18 / 22  
Dark elves, 11.

Summoning the boar was a mistake.
Not a grand mistake, but enough to cost the most important battle in the game.
I will continue the game till my inevitable defeat.
I am learning much in those games.

posted 09-06-03 06:32 PM EDT (US)     19 / 22  
Serena - Elves – Day12

My almost dead Druid has lost his enchantments, and seeks the safety of the water. His brother and sister are racing to give him aid.

Torgal, Elme and my Iron Maiden rendevouz with some support units. Tomorrow they will advance and see what Arachna is putting together for a new army.

A few scouts explore the ice to see if the enemy has left anything behind there.

With both armies more or less wiped out, it will take a little time to build back up.

Turn sent

posted 09-07-03 04:33 PM EDT (US)     20 / 22  
Serena - Elves – Day13

I begin my pressure of Highpass, to keep the troops there honest, and away from the capital and Arachna's defense.

Arachna herself is on a walkabout, to defend her firenode from an ambitious Hobbit swordman. He takes the node anyway, and hopes for the best.

Scouts have spied a mine in the glacier, and will try to occupy it tomorrow.

My heroes begin their advance to the capital.

Turn sent

posted 09-08-03 03:34 AM EDT (US)     21 / 22  
I surrender.
You played very well and rightly earned this victory.

Would you like to play another match?
maybe we can try an AOW-SM map?

posted 09-08-03 09:36 AM EDT (US)     22 / 22  
Thanks for a nailbiter of a game -- Your main army was so strong that I really never felt safe attacking it until my druids showed up, and even then I was worried about surviving with all of your stonings available.

The turn that you summoned your boar was my best chance to break through -- Your Wizard was out of magic for a day, and the boar vulnerable to my Druids. My tests showed that I'd win 8-10, the losses coming when your spiderqueen or abomination entangled the Iron Maiden on round 1.

Had I not attacked I fear that your army would have become too strong -- you were right that the game really came down to one huge battle.

Sure, I'm open to another set of matches. If you prefer SM then I'd like to wait until the patch 2.1 is out. If you'd like to play AoW2 I could start right away.

Oh and check your email about my Druid offensive

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Danny's Sock rematch (Df - Iq)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames