You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Gathering Of Magic Duel - Hiranu vs Evil Roc (Rematch)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 10-21-03 02:22 PM EDT (US)   
Game started.

Merlin of Humans (Air, explorer) - Hiranu (hiranu[at]earthlink[dot]net)
Arthur of Tigrans (Fire, conqueror) - Evil Roc (evil-roc[at]dol[dot]ru)

[This message has been edited by Evil Roc (edited 10-21-2003 @ 03:18 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10-21-03 03:06 PM EDT (US)     1 / 49  
Having removed some stubborns bowmen from the mine, I am ready to emerge into the light.
posted 10-21-03 03:33 PM EDT (US)     2 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 1.

Time has come for tigran nation to rule the lands once more. It's a honour to lead such proud and mighty people.

Hero, Kaskar The Rogue, picked up an 'artifact' (actualy a piece of junk) and hurried to command a battle against nasty orcs. After their death a mine was added to my kingdom.

posted 10-21-03 04:07 PM EDT (US)     3 / 49  
THe good people of the humans have broke into the light of day, though the force is but expiditionary. Our main forces will arrive soon, having finished up with the magic spirits holding down a node.
posted 10-22-03 02:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 2.

Kaskar commanded the battle against magic spirits and liberated a needed power node. Meanwhile first scouts entered the surface.

posted 10-22-03 03:22 PM EDT (US)     5 / 49  
Picked up some loose gold today, and starting to spread out
posted 10-23-03 01:33 PM EDT (US)     6 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 3.

Second hero, human priest Kitus, joined me today. He requested some gold for his temple, but promised to serve me zealously. He has such mad look that I belive him. In his fanaticism.

Today my forces regrouped and hurried to capture production resourses. Tommorow I'll receive a nice addition to my capital.

posted 10-23-03 01:42 PM EDT (US)     7 / 49  
I've been informed, horor of horrors, than infidels have invaded the land. I'm scrambling forces to attempt ot deal with the threat.
posted 10-24-03 04:28 AM EDT (US)     8 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 4.

Production resourses were captured from pack of goblins, but my master builder was not able to put them to good use. No champions hall, no oasis, no monastery. I had to choose from two quite useless addons to wizard tower.

posted 10-24-03 07:59 AM EDT (US)     9 / 49  
In my killing of infidels, I wasted more troups than I could afford to lose. This will require some new plans.
posted 10-24-03 02:09 PM EDT (US)     10 / 49  
Gathering what I have left, I htink I will need to invade a friendly city. Just not enough cash.
posted 10-24-03 04:08 PM EDT (US)     11 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Days 5&6.

These were quite lucky days. Two towns were captured, first of goblins and second of elves. Tigrans will unite all other nation, save foul undead and mad archons under strict but fair rule.

Both heroes are making good progress, thanks to conqueror skill.

posted 10-24-03 04:10 PM EDT (US)     12 / 49  
Still working on my second city.
posted 10-26-03 05:20 AM EDT (US)     13 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 7.

One more city was included into my kingdom. Having two heroes I can divide my forces into two groups, each strong enough to capture independent villages and towns.

posted 10-26-03 02:57 PM EDT (US)     14 / 49  
What I wouldn't do for a second hero. Still wandering around.
posted 10-26-03 03:47 PM EDT (US)     15 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 8.

Was shocked when my scouting prowler spoted two thiefs of Merlin - Dark elven Shade and orc Abomination. They are so close to my lands... Some changes are required for my plans - time to build up garrisons and set up patrols. And my army is advancing so slowly through the woods...

posted 10-27-03 02:50 PM EDT (US)     16 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 9.

Reorganizing armies.

posted 10-28-03 09:03 AM EDT (US)     17 / 49  
Stupid order lords put infidels right on top of a city I have with no defenders, and no troops close enough.
posted 10-29-03 10:21 AM EDT (US)     18 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 11.

Hunted down and killed sneaking shade, now have to track abomination.

Third hero joined to help expanding.

posted 10-29-03 10:33 AM EDT (US)     19 / 49  
The life of a spy is frequently brief, but worthwhile none the less. Hopefully my abomination will have better luck.
posted 10-29-03 03:30 PM EDT (US)     20 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 12.

Recaptured my goldmine in the north. While may soldiers spent all day checking every tree and bush no sign of abomination was found. It either passed throuh to fast or retreated back. Or may be I'm searching poorly.

In the center a zephyr bird was slain.

In the south there is a confrontation starting - several soldiers of Merlin and mine faced each other near the narrow mountain valley. Two towers there will become important points.

--------------------

P.S. As you are playing Air sphere there is a question of bugged chain lightning. Until the patch 1.2 is out I think the use of C.L. in PBEM should be somehow limited or forbidden - in Auto Combat it often hits 16-20 times per use and can devastate an army in one turn. I can agree not to use fireball or cosmic spray as a compensation. What do you think about it?

posted 10-29-03 04:02 PM EDT (US)     21 / 49  
My spies are definatly hiding well, though at the cost of getting absolutely nothing done. The balance of when to conceal and when to reveal is a rather tricky one at that.

I would stop to mourne the loss of my bird, if they wern't so bloodly useless in combat. Still, it served its purpose, and can rest peacefully knowing that.

----

If chain lighting is buggy, then I won't research it so it doesn't get used, no problem. No real need to compensate, I don't think that it will be the deciding factor.

posted 10-30-03 08:59 AM EDT (US)     22 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 13.

My scouting/patroling prowler spoted an undefended Merlin's town of draconian race in the north region. I claimed it.

In the south the second bird escaped it's death for now. Yet it won't find anything useful to steal.

posted 10-30-03 09:11 AM EDT (US)     23 / 49  
THe loss of the draconion city is unfortunate, but expected. The southern bird continues to run ahead attempting to evade pursuers.
posted 10-30-03 02:52 PM EDT (US)     24 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 14.

Very fortunate day. One more town was captured from Merlin - this time nomad village in the southern region. Djinn was killed in the watchtower. My forces now have the upper hand there. But zephyr bird escaped from my bird-hunters.

In central area my gladerunner captured a magic relay and plans his further thefts.

posted 10-30-03 04:07 PM EDT (US)     25 / 49  
The loss of the djinn and its town is an unexpected blow, forces are a bit more forceful than I had expected.

The bird, onthe other hand, defeted a glad runner, which allowed me to purchase a troll which should have a merry old time inthe backlands.

posted 10-31-03 03:38 PM EDT (US)     26 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 15.

I knew that I should leave yeti to guard the tavern... Instead of recruiting troll for my service I had to kill him. And he was mighty warrior! He slew my cleric and yeti before dying. Poor result. The only good thing is that bird is dead too.

In the north a group of infidels entered my lands. I had no quest to kill them, but I had to do it anyway to prvent stealing of my mine. Now Merlin will have reward from a spirit. Brr.

posted 10-31-03 04:17 PM EDT (US)     27 / 49  
The destruction of the troll and the yeti was well worth the cost of the bird. Still nothing but death, with no gained territory, doesn't do me much good.

Merlin has yet to recieve any such reward, so I suspect that your killing the infidels did not do me any favors. In fact I suspect it made my completing that quest impossible.

Things were going better, now I need to find a way to build some momentum.

posted 11-01-03 02:33 AM EDT (US)     28 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 16.

Killed a swordsman in the northern region. He was checking the rogue's shack. I wonder what allies he was looking for there.

Two enemy spies were killed lately, but there is no my desert in it. One attacked my prowler and got killed, second was to slow to enter the forest hex.

posted 11-01-03 10:47 AM EDT (US)     29 / 49  
My spyies clearly need a better education in how to keep themselves alive. That's going to be costly in the long run.
posted 11-02-03 05:47 AM EDT (US)     30 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 17.

Batlles are now shifted to the northern region. My prowler tried to ambush the holy man of Merlin, but was betaten to death by man's staff. Useless cat, I don't need warriors who can't kill a man with a stick.

Enemy hero with 2 champions is coming there. My forces are regrouping to face the new menace. Luckly my reinforcements, coming through the wood finally spoted and killed the long wanted abomination.Yet it killed one more prowler.

In the central region my gladerunner keeps stealing stuff. No sign of enemy forces there.

posted 11-02-03 02:35 PM EDT (US)     31 / 49  
Looks poor for me at the moment. I lost momentum, and am having problems getting it back. Losses to the south are distressing, to say the least.
posted 11-03-03 07:09 AM EDT (US)     32 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 18.

I was surprised to see Talberu the ranger and his 3 champions advancing deeper into my realm. As the abomination supplied you with information about numbers of my troops, I supposed to see your forces retreating. Well this attack was brave, but quite hopeless. Outnumbered three to one, champions were defeated, Talberu slain and his artifacts picked up by my hero. Now the situation is really difficult for Merlin.

posted 11-03-03 10:00 AM EDT (US)     33 / 49  
There seems to come a point in most games where I make a fundamentally bad call, and this was definately the one here. I'm not dead yet though, we'll see if there are bunnies I can pull out of this hat.
posted 11-03-03 02:50 PM EDT (US)     34 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 19.

Survived an attack of halfing rogue of Merlin during the night. Luckly my lone dwarven crossbowman turned to be a real sharpshooter.

My scouts are working hard in the border zone. I need some more information about enemy forces, if I want to attack succesfuly.

posted 11-03-03 06:46 PM EDT (US)     35 / 49  
I'm gathering forces, we'll see.
posted 11-04-03 03:39 PM EDT (US)     36 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 19.

Zephyr birds are becoming a nuisance. I have to keep guards in every structure near the border line.

My forces are finishing regrouping. Three armies are formed, each leaded by hero, and tommorow they will start the invasion.

posted 11-04-03 03:49 PM EDT (US)     37 / 49  
*braces himself for unpleasantness*
posted 11-05-03 03:18 PM EDT (US)     38 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 20.

Killed one more zephyr bird. Skies are clear for some time.

Armies are advancing.

posted 11-05-03 03:43 PM EDT (US)     39 / 49  
I see the armies advancing, and I launch another areal scout. I have two birds in the air letting me see them, but not much I can do about them yet.
posted 11-09-03 04:56 AM EDT (US)     40 / 49  
Arthur of Tigrans Day 22.

Birds are spying, I'm killing them but they deliver full information about my moves. Well my advance will not be a surprise, but it will be nonetheless deadly.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Gathering Of Magic Duel - Hiranu vs Evil Roc (Rematch)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames