You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Timelord, Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WLFFA-Random A (Hiranu Fubarno Timelord Evil-Roc Berend)
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 01-03-04 04:57 PM EDT (US)   
Random medium map with all 3 levels. 5 players, no AI, lots of all sorts of stuff.

Hiranu - hiranu@earthlink.net
Fubarno - Rutbeer@earthlink.net
Timelord - gabriel_merlin@yahoo.com
Evil-Roc - evil-roc@dol.ru
Berend - bvschaik@hotmail.com

Replies:
posted 01-03-04 05:01 PM EDT (US)     1 / 106  
Syrons Turn 1

Looks like an interesting world I've been born into. Full of opportunities to explore.

posted 01-04-04 03:02 AM EDT (US)     2 / 106  
Tempest - 1

Regardless the direction of the compass the wind should blow, the storm shall cross my path. Gatherers are sent out.

posted 01-06-04 10:57 AM EDT (US)     3 / 106  
The above-mentioned gatherers are sighted by my Elven followers after capturing a furnace and recruiting a rogue - who managed to get to that gold pile.

It remains to be seen whether we a temporary peace accord can be signed or not.

--------------
Turn sent to Evil Roc

posted 01-06-04 11:58 AM EDT (US)     4 / 106  
Ariane Day 1.

First exploration parties were seny out. I wonder if any wizard started in underground or in shadow world - entrances to both are in sight and scouts should be sent there.

Two gold producing structures were captured by heroes.

posted 01-06-04 01:08 PM EDT (US)     5 / 106  
Julia, Day 1

The Elves cheer upon my arrival in their meager town and i am delighted to see two strong heroes awaiting my command. They are the female warrior, who was raised by dwarves, named Sandra and the famous Syron, who escaped from the evil clutches of the Shadow Demons, named Rodran. With them a small group of warriors stand, who quickly bow before me. With a smile upon my face i speak to them "Stand my children, i have come to you with a quest. A quest bestowed upon me, Julia Queen of the Elves, by the gods themselfs. We are to combat those who oppose us. They are not evil, but merely went astray from the path that must be followed. We will be victorious"
The listening workers and non-combat involved Elves cheer with joy and make dances around the town, as if we have already completed this huge task. The only ones who merely smile and stand still, yet look saddened and worried, are the warriors. For they know what this means.. war against others who do not understand peace and in those wars many will perish, on the sides of elves, but hopefully more on the other side. I look into their eyes and see their dedication. They will not abonden my cause.

Already reports are coming in about a goblin and its master, who both are in service of a Wizard named Tempest.
Tempest has always been known to me for being a fine dimplomat and a worthy ally, but times have changed. How much the changes of time have affected him and his people is a mystery to me, but i think highly of him nonetheless. I quickly sent word toward him about peace and request him to return his scouts to the south, where they came from, and we shall not go there ourselves.

After this task i take place upon my greenleaved throne and began to read the other reports, while issueing orders upon my soldiers during the reading. A nearby windmill guarded by some fallen cousins (it's now ours and our friendly nymph was unable to get any of them to our side), a Water node in the south defended by some Water Dancers (also now ours, no deaths on our side), a Earth node to the northeast defended by some Magic Servants (who they were serving is unknown, couldn't be the node, because it hurted them more than us after we engaged them in combat. Certainly they now serve in Hell/Heaven, because now the node is ours with no casualties), some random resources on the ground (a nice armor for the lovely lady for example), a passage to the Underground and a gate to the Shadow World. The last two are very worthy to investigate in the near future, but for now my army will have their hands full on taking the remaining resources from the ground and scouting to the east, west and north. Unless Tempest turns down our peace offer, then we are in combat against a Wizard sooner than we expected.

My eyes are drawn to the last report. I read it once, twice, three times but still i can not believe what i read.
Rodran reports that during his daring escape from the Shadow Demons, he came across a white stone planted upon this world with a message from a god. In the report he describes his escape, his fears, his hopes, what he ate (he is a bit arrogant) and the way he took from that stone to my Elven people. I wrestle my eyes from the report and look toward where he claims the stone lies. For i know which god placed the stone there and what he represents... Order. I know, that when Rodran will reach it and touch/read it, i will be contacted by this god. It will give me a quest and i will do anything in my power to complete it. My starting empire will need every reward, small or large, it can get and with the aid of this god, we will have an advantage upon all that oppose us! While i gather my Wizard robes and start my studies of the Arcane, one thing is for certain.. this day was a good day for me and my new empire.

TS

Narf!
Kham award for first post with an ounce of intelligence.
"Enough chit chat. Let's go to battle men."
Wu Su Zheng award "Worst Staff Member Ever"
posted 01-06-04 03:42 PM EDT (US)     6 / 106  
[bold] Syrons [/c]

I recruited some more help from a local inn, and discovered dead endds to my exploration in several directions. Perhaps soon we shall have to leave the shadow realm and emerge onto the surface.

posted 01-07-04 00:54 AM EDT (US)     7 / 106  
Tempest - 2

First contact with two neighbors took place far sooner than I anticipated, but the meeting was not too unpleasant for both wizard queens are amenable and offered up peace, for which I am grateful. I endeavor to hold by the proposed guidelines for the peace proposals as there must be other wild lands and places for my draco's to explore and ward over without charging unwisely and hastily into warfare.

Some of my troops are recalled closer to home though to insure my safety in case some entity should get a foolhardy inclination and attack. Strong walls make good neigbors. The wind is gusty. Storms may not be far off but I hope it is just a spring flurry. I shall watch closely.

posted 01-09-04 01:08 PM EDT (US)     8 / 106  
The temporary peace accord was signed with Tempest, though the terms proposed are not to the liking of the fair folk. We have asked him to reconsider the decision of the borders. Hell! We have already breached that border!! So, it has to be reconsidered.

----------
turn sent to Evil roc

posted 01-09-04 03:04 PM EDT (US)     9 / 106  
Ariane Day 2.

Today forces wre busy with picking up lots of different stuff around. No battles, but tommorow there will be at least two. I need nodes for power and I will take them. Spiders and zephyr birds will not stop me.

Still no contacts with other wizards and frankly speaking that is good. Quarrels about borders and mines are not best best way of spending time for archons. Better to go and hunt more minions of darkness.

posted 01-09-04 04:30 PM EDT (US)     10 / 106  
Julia, Day 2

Sorry no time for a turnlog.

TS

Narf!
posted 01-10-04 00:25 AM EDT (US)     11 / 106  
Syrons

Just movement

posted 01-11-04 08:32 AM EDT (US)     12 / 106  
Tempest - 3

(late post)
I was troubled by the move of Ellendra and reinforced my city and drew back some more reserves within a days march in case..., but I understand her reasoning. The storm of chance has dealt us both a cruel lot and we will have to learn to live with our disabilitiies.

posted 01-12-04 08:29 AM EDT (US)     13 / 106  
Ariane Day 3.

All is going according to the plan. Two nodes, air and death, were captured today (with loss of level one warrior in each) and later a mine was claimed from small band of goblins. In the far distance a new target was spoted and soon army will go there for exploration.

Contact with Tempest was estabilished today and peace treaty signed. We hope it will last long.

posted 01-12-04 12:44 PM EDT (US)     14 / 106  
I have paid the debt of some halflings to a local overlord, and they have joined my cause of light. And along with the furnace added to my domain, it has been a good day.
posted 01-12-04 04:17 PM EDT (US)     15 / 106  
Julia, Day 3

In my lovely green town i receive news that my army stands ready to attack the condemmed nomad town. The inhabitants again look at the people who stand before their gates and again name their price while looking nervour to their meager defenders for protection in case anything goes wrong. Too bad for them it simply is too much for my taste.
After a small sigh, i snap my fingers and upon my command a loyal Unicorn emerges from the Magic Plane and joins the army that stand before their gate.
My other units look with confusion to each other and then to their leader. "Strike now, strike fast, strike deadly my friends" he says while racing toward the town. After these kind words my army joins the attack and strike the nomad town with no remorse and take it from the dead clutches of its former defenders. The only one who gets scratched is the Unicorn, but it does not mind for it is created to take the beatings.

While the tears run over my pretty elven face, the god of Order reveales itself again before me and smiles
"You have done well little Wizard. You show promise and i will reward you for a job well done." And then it gave me a choice between two rewards. I look at rewards and whisper "They had to die for this?.. you rule a harsh realm of descipline god of Order.."
I choose one, but with a bitter taste in mu mouth. Both rewards were quite pathetic and absolutely not what i had expected.

After this brutal strike the hero and friends attack a nearby tower and lose a dear friend during it. He will be remembered. Thanks to his sacrifice, my scouts are able to see further and they notice men walking under a white banner.
Quickly i sent word to the Wizard who rules them and request the same as i did before. My scouts in the newly acquired tower report now being able to see a town nearby that will be worthy to take. I hope it still be independent tomorrow, for we desperately need more towns.

My scout who entered the Shadow Realm came across a bunch of Halflings who seem to made a camp there and were quite, literally, sick of the Shadow Realm and were eager to join my army (for absolutely nothing!). I quickly welcome them to their new employers scout army and they repay me with a little skeleton kill. Too bad chances are that they will be dead tomorrow.

My other hero reports something i do not quite understand.
Upon further investigation, i will reveal more about it.. if i have the time..

TS

Narf!
posted 01-13-04 01:42 AM EDT (US)     16 / 106  
(Late Post)

Today we saw that Tempest has indeed fortified his main town.
We sent a message to him clarifying further the stance we must take with respect to each other. Other wizards in different parts of the realm were seen but so far no move has been made to initiate talks with them.

Too many good races in this map.

posted 01-13-04 02:28 AM EDT (US)     17 / 106  
Tempest - 4

I am the eye of the storm, tightly surrounded by 3 other wizards. Not much accomplished today, some of my minions are ordered toward what I hope will be lucrative endeavors.

posted 01-13-04 10:51 AM EDT (US)     18 / 106  
A fully unnconscious mistake has cost my ally some setback due to his hero not being able to move. We apologised to him and hope no such future events mar our relationship.

Down south, lucrative endeavours are indeed waiting and they can be definitely shared. We finally made contact with another wizard - one in the shadows!!

---------
Turn sent

posted 01-13-04 11:39 AM EDT (US)     19 / 106  
Ariane Day 4.

Important negotiations with Julia. Hope we can settle a plan of sharing local resourses and have fair long peace.

To be ready for possible war (in case of diplomatic failure) two level 3 units were recruited from local structures and sent to this region along with both heroes and other forces. Yet I hope that we can evade bloodbath.

posted 01-13-04 04:07 PM EDT (US)     20 / 106  
Syrons Turn 5

Today I met my first neighbor, Julia, and offered to her the open hand of peace. Hopefully my first encounter with surface people will be one that can be remembered with joy, and not sorrow.

posted 01-13-04 04:11 PM EDT (US)     21 / 106  
Late post

Julia

No time for turnlog.

TS

Narf!
posted 01-14-04 01:56 AM EDT (US)     22 / 106  
ts
posted 01-14-04 08:07 AM EDT (US)     23 / 106  
The offer of peace was accepted from Yaru and the alliance seems to be a wise investment. Moving out of the way of our allies so as not to hinder them.

Long-term plans shaping up.

---------
Turn sent to Evil Roc

P.S. Restart generated because I mistakenly downloaded this file two times. Only troop movements this turn - no battles. Anyways, sorry 'bout that!!

posted 01-15-04 07:26 AM EDT (US)     24 / 106  
Ariane Day 5.

Our diplomats succeded. Alliance was formed with elves of Julia, and together our people of light will struggle for survival in this dangerous world.

Meanwhile one more node was captured and more news expected tommorow.

posted 01-17-04 04:16 PM EDT (US)     25 / 106  
Yaru

I have achieved peace in one direction, and am seeking peace in another. We shall see how that negotiation goes.

posted 01-18-04 02:52 AM EDT (US)     26 / 106  
Tempest - 6

My two capatins Shira and Karzen led their small force in a dangerous attack against 3 minotaurs guarding an earth node. In retrospect it was a foolish attack as the two barely survived. Their supprt troops were not so fortunate.

The day did not end for the two after this battle though as their ambition is lusty. A nearby shrine provided a rejuvination from their wounds and their speedy cat mounts, aided by my magics, bore the two further up the road where they raided and subjugated a small population of tigrans.

[This message has been edited by Fubarno (edited 01-18-2004 @ 02:53 AM).]

posted 01-19-04 01:47 PM EDT (US)     27 / 106  
Ariane Day 6.

Exploring in three different directions. Yet territory is not large and soon I will have to search for more ways.

posted 01-25-04 07:10 AM EDT (US)     28 / 106  
Nekron
Was attacked by independants, yet I live. continuing to explore.
posted 01-27-04 01:59 AM EDT (US)     29 / 106  
Tempest -

Shira and Karzen raise the flag over another outpost.

posted 01-28-04 08:58 AM EDT (US)     30 / 106  
The elves think they have had enough of scouting and move ahead with their plans.

-----------
Turn sent to Evil-Roc

posted 01-28-04 11:22 AM EDT (US)     31 / 106  
Ariane Day 7.

Some new structures were captured to the glory of White Banner. In general archons are making decent progress.

posted 01-29-04 08:19 AM EDT (US)     32 / 106  
TS.

Narf!
posted 01-30-04 09:43 AM EDT (US)     33 / 106  
ts
posted 01-31-04 03:27 AM EDT (US)     34 / 106  
Tempest -

TS

After my moves were done and I was just examining the map and planning my strategy the game crashed. I had one battle against a tree ent and elf archer with my two heros and a charger. I won without loss using my spell power to panic the archer.

I replayed the turn exactly and had the exact same results. I never cheat turns because losing is part of the fun - I don't mind. Sorry for the resart!

posted 02-03-04 09:56 AM EDT (US)     35 / 106  
Strange but hopefully, fruitful negotiations are going on!

Yaru seems to hold sway at the moment with 4 heroes and enough towns to spare one each!!. Must watch out.

---------------------
Turn sent to evil Roc

posted 02-03-04 01:20 PM EDT (US)     36 / 106  
Ariane Day 8.

Nothing important today. I'm allied with one nation of elves against another. That's going to be funny.

posted 02-04-04 01:52 AM EDT (US)     37 / 106  
Tempest -

Karzen and Carcal fight and slay 5 draco's including a flyer,... with some help.

posted 02-04-04 12:39 PM EDT (US)     38 / 106  
TS
posted 02-04-04 03:25 PM EDT (US)     39 / 106  
Ariane Day 9.

It seems my ally has some problems with glade runner infestation. It probably will not be very dangerous (there are few woods around). I'm very glad that my paladins and avengers have true seeing.

posted 02-08-04 10:58 PM EDT (US)     40 / 106  
Replayed turn resent to me (generated restart) and sent it on.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WLFFA-Random A (Hiranu Fubarno Timelord Evil-Roc Berend)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames