Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Boring Old Windmill
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 17  Next Page »
posted 04-07-02 09:00 AM EDT (US)   
*Big sign on the door:*

MEMBERS-ONLY!!

Hehe, who would suspect secret BTOOIC meetings in here?

OK fellows, feel free to take some coffee and a doughnut while we discuss our strategy. Any agenda points can be raised and discussed here. Decisions will take at least 24hrs and try to be modest with agenda points. The Teleport off thread is our 'batcave' to the outer world, for now.

Secret Agenda

1. More members = > power: how to get more members?
2. Opening of BTOOIC-school?
3. Signatures (closed)
4. Colonization (strategies)(closed)
5. Clay Pidgeon joining Valley? (closed)
6. Recent interforum war (FARRP, BORG, Hall, ODNP).(closed)
7. New naming for BTOOIC when applying as an AoW-Guild (closed).
8. The new 'Tower of Evermore' forum.
9. Ranking system
10. Big Bad four nuisance...
11. New cause -> AoW source code?
12. New cause -> Map reviews?
13. Squeekydragon joining

*leans back*
Lets hear it...

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 07-19-2005 @ 12:06 PM).]

Replies:
posted 04-07-02 10:27 AM EDT (US)     1 / 508  
I still want teleporters to surprise the BTOOIC enemies with ambushes as they oppose our powerful organization. No opposition should be tolerated, as we are right and "they" are wrong.

edit: By the way, I love this secret hangout. Nice and cozy.

edit some more: Now I will leap out through the Rollin Heroes thread and create some confusion and perform diversive action-tactics.

[This message has been edited by Rorschach (edited 04-07-2002 @ 10:29 AM).]

posted 04-07-02 11:07 AM EDT (US)     2 / 508  

*sigh*

Try a different strategy in that thread, Rorschach. Thank you.

Whats your view on agendapoint #1?

Swolte the First
()

posted 04-07-02 11:18 AM EDT (US)     3 / 508  
Well, maybe I should revise my tactics as of agendapoint#1. I am so eager to support the cause, I sometimes fumble.

Bribes have been mentioned, in the form of pastries and beverages. I like that, it gives the doubters that feeling of welcome, that they are among friends. It seems to work great, we should be wary about increasing our effort before needed.

posted 04-07-02 11:23 AM EDT (US)     4 / 508  
I concur, let those who defy the BTOOIC have a jelly-filled doughnut, and a Tim Horton's Ice Cap., and they'll be begging to join. We could also raise an army of Incarnates to possess those who resist.
posted 04-07-02 11:33 AM EDT (US)     5 / 508  
I think this should be all cozy and cuddly. Incarnates are not cozy nor are they cuddly. They are mean and translucent. We can't have a legion of possessed, mumbling idiots as supporters?! We should go for the elite, convincing the aristocracy will bring us power without masses- "power to the people" is overrated.

Edit: I think your earlier life as "Newsboy555" should be exploited by having him around as a mole. He could join "the others" and work from within their organization, sabotaging meetings, and provoking their followers.

I miss us having a clear and defined opposition, maybe we should promote another organization against the Buildable Teleporters off - option? And then Newsboy555 could run it through the mud, and nobody would support them, and everybody would come running towards us, wanting pastries and beverage.

[This message has been edited by Rorschach (edited 04-07-2002 @ 11:39 AM).]

posted 04-07-02 12:15 PM EDT (US)     6 / 508  
*shouting voice down the hill where the mill stands*

"He guys, just a housekeeping management request,
I need some more acts at the opening ceremony, quickly. Can you sing? or anything... we have to get more people in there to join, they love it!"

Swolte the first

(ROLFL!)

posted 04-07-02 12:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 508  

Quoted from Rorschach:

I still want teleporters to surprise the BTOOIC enemies with ambushes as they oppose our powerful organization. No opposition should be tolerated, as we are right and "they" are wrong.

This idea is a bit conflicting with our cause, but, it can be tolerated as long as ALL cities with teleporters in them are razed to the ground as soon as the teleporting-using enemy has been (nearly) defeated. As long as this remains standard procedure among BTOOIC members, the public will not be in doubt about what we stand for. Always remember the primary directive, avoid teleporters whenever possible if this was requested for the game you were in.

"I wanna be Sultan instead of the Sultan!" - Grand Vizier Iznoghoud, 2nd and honoured member of the BTOOIC (Buildable Teleporters Off Option in Cities)
Admin of the BTOOIC site and forum.
posted 04-07-02 02:18 PM EDT (US)     8 / 508  
Hehe I like this secret conspiracy
posted 04-07-02 02:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 508  
I want to make a point about our main cause, the teleporter off-option. Who will have the last say in determining if teleporters are allowed? I think it should be the mapmakers. They should be able to choose from 3 options:

1) Buildable Teleporters ALWAYS enabled.
2) Buildable Teleporters ALWAYS disabled.
3) Allow the player to choose between teleporters disabled/enabled when starting their game. (the default option for a default map and random maps)

What do you all think? *sits back and takes a doughnut*

"I wanna be Sultan instead of the Sultan!" - Grand Vizier Iznoghoud, 2nd and honoured member of the BTOOIC (Buildable Teleporters Off Option in Cities)

[This message has been edited by Iznoghoud (edited 04-07-2002 @ 02:22 PM).]

posted 04-07-02 02:28 PM EDT (US)     10 / 508  
Poor Andalakus has no doughnut
I am a mapmaker, cause i make maps, so I have the last word, too!
And I think all of us have made maps and will do when AoW2 is released, so...
posted 04-07-02 02:28 PM EDT (US)     11 / 508  
That might be a problem Ror. You see, Newsboy555 can't access his account because the password that was sitting at his email address is unaccessable because the email service screwed him over by not recognizing his name. So when he figures out how to get that password, he'll gladly infiltrate the enemy and bring about mass confusion.

just as an aside: Where the bloody do you get all those different smiley faces and animations?

posted 04-07-02 02:37 PM EDT (US)     12 / 508  
Rightclick and save adress or guess!
Woulnd´t do it by mine, cause the site flickers.

[This message has been edited by Andalakus (edited 04-07-2002 @ 02:37 PM).]

posted 04-07-02 02:50 PM EDT (US)     13 / 508  
A german forum smilies site. This is a very cool site, it even fills in the correct ubb-code in a text field, ready for you to copy and paste into your post field. Just click the smilie you want, copy the text from the field below to the post field, and voila! Lots of categories to choose from as well, total smilies even more than the UTAssault forums!

*Ahum* But, to get back on topic, how do you guys think the teleporter-off option should be implemented?

[This message has been edited by Iznoghoud (edited 04-07-2002 @ 02:51 PM).]

posted 04-07-02 02:50 PM EDT (US)     14 / 508  
*steps forward, hands spread forward holding something*
Here Mr Pickles of Dill,
Let them be a gift, use them wisely...

*Leans forward*
Hmmmmm.. We have to lure more members to the ceremony. Perhaps we should take some action at our Rollin thread to get the topic on top again.

Swolte the First

btw: Grand Vizier, good suggestion at the ceremony but unfortunately I was already working on the cow-idea-thing. Indeed, being accused of spamming is something this organisation can't use now..

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 04-07-2002 @ 03:24 PM).]

posted 04-07-02 03:44 PM EDT (US)     15 / 508  
Can somebody tell me where I could upload my personal Andalakus smilie?
posted 04-07-02 03:54 PM EDT (US)     16 / 508  
You have a website? Guess not, otherwise you wouldn't be asking this. There are some free providers of webspace to put images on around, don't know them by name, also have no experience with them, as I have my own website from my ISP. If you search around, you'll find something.

*changes to official voice* However, please don't ask too many of these questions here, we are supposed to be discussing agenda points. So if you really want to ask an off topic question here, please try to add something on-topic to go with it in the same post. Thank you.

posted 04-07-02 04:03 PM EDT (US)     17 / 508  
We should say that one of our objectives is also to make the demo released soon.
That would Btooic attractive to new members.
We all know that the demo will be released soon in any case so we are not lieing to them
posted 04-07-02 04:39 PM EDT (US)     18 / 508  
I thank you for the generous gift Swolte. Please forgive my ignorance though, alas, I do not know how to use them with this board. Your wisdom in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
posted 04-07-02 04:41 PM EDT (US)     19 / 508  
I do know how to work the Plauder site though
posted 04-07-02 04:42 PM EDT (US)     20 / 508  
I will share my wisdom on this subject. Right-click the smilie you want in your post, select and copy the url. (ctrl-C) Go to your post, paste it, (ctrl-V) and it will automatically add the [img] tags to it. That's all.

posted 04-07-02 04:47 PM EDT (US)     21 / 508  
No, It will become a link...at least, on my comp!
I have to ad [ Protocol '*' for image URL not supported. ]

[This message has been edited by Andalakus (edited 04-07-2002 @ 04:47 PM).]

posted 04-07-02 04:59 PM EDT (US)     22 / 508  
Well, it doesn't really matter. The Plauder site seems to have smiley's far in excess to that of UT Assault. So it is Plauder I choose to represent how I feel in this forum.
posted 04-07-02 04:59 PM EDT (US)     23 / 508  
Andalakus: Oh, uhhmm well, in that case, use the Insert Image button on the post toolbar when you have ctrl-C'ed, or use this: [IMG]http://url.of.picture[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by Iznoghoud (edited 04-07-2002 @ 05:01 PM).]

posted 04-07-02 05:04 PM EDT (US)     24 / 508  
*changes to oficial voice again* Please try to talk mostly on-topic here. Otherwise, this thread will become completely useless, and no one will read it, because it is in a not much visited forum.

posted 04-07-02 05:07 PM EDT (US)     25 / 508  
I'd like to bring discussion back to the first item, membership. It's apparant that we need many more members to reach the cow, so how can we increase membership without sacrificing coziness?
posted 04-07-02 05:13 PM EDT (US)     26 / 508  
At Iz,
thats what I meant to say, the forum have written something in the message
and now I can`t edit.
Sorry for beeing Off-topic, but I have a suggestion above, so I´m allowed to post this!
posted 04-07-02 05:14 PM EDT (US)     27 / 508  
Well, there are/were more threads about the teleporter issue, maybe look them up and ask there if anyone wants to join. That's all my ideas for now.

Andalakus: Sorry I'm also out of ideas on this one. Maybe post something in the website comments forum. One of the moderators may know, and I bet they often check that thread if someone makes a new post.

[This message has been edited by Iznoghoud (edited 04-07-2002 @ 05:18 PM).]

posted 04-07-02 05:20 PM EDT (US)     28 / 508  
Aaah... yes, wisdom has found ye!

I was thinking of inviting that pretty red wizard-lady Klarissa(?) to our party. Hehe, think about the ALL the souls we could gain. Perhaps one of you should get in touch with her...

btw: Any suggestion on other agenda points? What about opening a BTOOIC learning room for newbies? We could spread our teachings and start when they are still young...

[This message has been edited by swolte (edited 04-07-2002 @ 05:27 PM).]

posted 04-07-02 05:21 PM EDT (US)     29 / 508  
I mean just I have to ad Img and img,
or the forum make a link out of it, and that is just what you have to do. End of Discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By the way:
Any Btooicmember want to burn me for my heretic vision?
posted 04-07-02 05:40 PM EDT (US)     30 / 508  
So, a good name for a secret recruitment topic under AOW2 right? Processing...

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 17  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » Tower of Evermore - A Clan Forum » Boring Old Windmill
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames