You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion & Suggestions
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Custom random map generator, cities placer or at least map validator could be done.
posted 12-17-05 11:47 AM EDT (US)   

I have heard about map converter tool from PawelS, that converts maps from AOW1 to AOW2SM. With some restrictions, but does.
So, I want to say that custom RMG could be easely done. What is even more easy, it is custom cities placer on already generated map.
What are benefits from it? More balanced cites distribution, no overlap, good amount of cities. Now in online games very often some players have no one city near capitol while others have three. So, they play a bit and often quit. To prevent overlap, big maps are selected that leads to long games that are never finished. Really, I do not understand, why these rmg is so unbalanced while it easy to place cities appropriate. And what is most easiest thing, is map validator that validate already generated map for balance among all players.
I have recently bad experience with wrong cities placement. One player was at underground just below under another, and had bad position. He lost soon, and the game was decided. Map validator could prevent it.
Replies:
posted 12-17-05 01:19 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1  
Anyway, sooner or later it will be map editor.
Because AoWSMEd also have other awkward shortcomings as i wrote.

About RMG - i'd prefer RMG engine that just interpretes custom scripts (including postprocessing of map with flexible events - change/raise/lower terrain, spawn tile/army, raze/rebuild/flag..., auto-roadbuilder with custom settings, etc). That way we could have quite different styles accessible at the same time.

And even I make no pretence Of having more than common sence - R.W.Wood
The secret half a country keeps, the whisper in the lane... - R.Kipling
[UPatch 1.4 Team] * STLpack
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » General Discussion & Suggestions » Custom random map generator, cities placer or at least map validator could be done.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames