You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion & Suggestions
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: question on Gates of Elocin (possible spoiler)
posted 03-06-06 12:42 PM EDT (US)   
I thought i saw a post the ohter day that had jpg on this senario about special gate as orc but now I can't see it. I killed the dragon and got this glowing disk. There was some text that I was suppose to make a helm from it but alas the text is gone and now i'm lost ... i'm playing orc.
Replies:
posted 03-06-06 03:02 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12  
You need to get the necromant's skull; that together with the dargon-soul will open the gate when brought to the temple.

If you need more details, go here: http://www2.kielnet.net/home/kay.vollbehr/

[This message has been edited by Chat Noir (edited 03-06-2006 @ 03:03 PM).]

posted 03-06-06 06:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12  
Hi You3

If you mean the text from you Intro you can read it again if you look at the discription of you wizzard in the diplomatic screen. there you will find your complete intro text again after the text of Trosskolls Son.

The Inro for every race is readable in the Wizzard discription from you played wizzard.

if you want to read the complete text for this map look at the sign in the down right corner of the map.
It is shown for five turns at the beginning of each game and of course it you take a closer look at the area in this corner.

AoWSM Maps: 1. Marlenes Welt 2. Marlenes Schatten 3. Marlenes Gnade
Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. Davidīs Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marleneīs_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
11. AoW I Sound Set for AoWSM 12. Gentleman Rules Set
Need Help? The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe
Proud member of the Upatch 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6 Team
posted 03-07-06 08:32 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12  
Thanks Noir and Groll. The text part I was refering to is the text when you first pick up the item. Once that passes there is no way to bring it back up (in the game). An rpg journal would be useful

Groll I really like your areas Esp Secrets of Marlina.

Well I've made a ballon and I'm flying to the temple - hopefully all will turn out well

posted 03-07-06 05:50 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12  
Good idea with the ballon You3.
You can take the teleporter too.
You will be surprised what a nice little island this is, where the temple in standin on.
Or not?

Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. Davidīs Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marleneīs_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
posted 03-07-06 07:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12  
Sigh. I must be missing something really basic. I went to the temple the island turned to snow and the shadow gate opened. But when I go to the gate - my only option is to go down. And down below i find a teleporter but when I click teleport on it (to teleport to the shadow world) nothign happens !!!
posted 03-07-06 08:59 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12  
Are you perhaps at peace or allied with Grabberack?

If so, and if Grabberack has an army standing on the Shadow World-side of the teleporter, that is what will happen (if you teleported into his army, you would be attacking him, but if you are at peace/allied with him, you cannot do so, so nothing happens).

posted 03-07-06 09:04 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12  
Bleh. I'm too much of a newbie. You should get a message indicating such ! Alas, he wanted to be allies. How could I resist ?
posted 03-11-06 10:58 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12  
Yea. I finished! btw the reason I needed a ballon is something evil was there and i only had one character that could walk the mountain to the teleporter. With the ballon i could take a stronger group.
posted 07-05-06 11:40 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12  
this has been a great map. i started as dwarves, eliminated dain, opened the west passage and have ventured to the surface. however this has taken a good 100 turns. now that i am on the surface, i am facing massive amounts of independent shadow demons. is there a way to stop the indies from spawning? they have utterly destroyed my allies and i spend most of my resources fighting them instead of the orcs or grabbernack.

lax

posted 07-09-06 08:27 PM EDT (US)     10 / 12  

Quoted from laxdoc:

is there a way to stop the indies from spawning?

Yes. Win the game.
Maybe it isn't as obvious from within the main story as it should, but... Grabberack is only one of your concerns. Grabberack is strong, but he is not in full control of all the Shadow Demons. There are sycophant factions among the Shadow Demons that venture out on their own trying to please Grabberack and get his favor. Those you experience as indies.

My advice: make sure that you can defend your cities and go for Grabberack. Any other strategy is sure to fail.

posted 07-29-06 05:26 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12  
Tried nomads, earlier, now humans err dragons.

Anyway, is there a way to make teh nomad marriage work?
Tried standing from day one to 30 either on the statue or the disc. Neither spawned an event saying that i accepted the marriage...

Ugh how the slow turn turnings dicouraged my many earlier attempts at the map, that I usually ended up losing my full army around turn 30 to some strike-back army didnt help either, just after having paid a enormous price for my first captured town.
Luckily later theres enough to do so that the 4 minute turn waitings dont seem quite as bad.. used to be 6 minutes, but did away with graphical detail to low.

Liberals are destroying the world!
LOL AIDS LOL
posted 08-17-06 06:42 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12  
Hi all!

If you have more questions or suggestions of The grolls map go to this thread:

The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe - All about his maps and mapmaking - DO Panic!

Quote:

Anyway, is there a way to make teh nomad marriage work?
Tried standing from day one to 30 either on the statue or the disc. Neither spawned an event saying that i accepted the marriage...

No there is no way to marriage this ugly cousin
I never thought someone wants to marriage this bastard

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » General Discussion & Suggestions » question on Gates of Elocin (possible spoiler)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames