You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussion & Suggestions
Moderated by ChowGuy, Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Get the unofficial patch v1.5 here!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 03-29-16 09:30 AM EDT (US)   
Dear everyone,

Finally, the wait is over!

Please download the unofficial patch v1.5 here.

Due to pressure from team members and supporters on this forum, we could simply not delay the release any longer. And so, we wrapped it up this past week. It does mean we won't have a complete list of credits nor an elaborate documentation of changes. Moreover, there may be a few cosmetic oversights as well as a few small bugs that slipped through the cracks. I leave it to the modding community to build on, and improve, this patch, just like some did with v1.4!

The good news is that the current version is playable and frankly, quite amazing for mapmakers. You will find 3 maps shipped with the patch (labeled with the up15_ prefix) and you can try them out for yourself to get a small taste of what is possible. One of them is a single player made by me (Dalgdrom's Pass) and the other are two clever multiplayer maps made by Enginerd. Two more maps by Albaron and PawelS are nearing completion and will be released soon. I will have to say that a lot of the new content is not obvious at first sight, and you can discover a lot by experimenting with the editor.

I would like to thank a few people in the team. Most of them have been there from the start and have worked hard to get this product where it is now. PawelS has been instrumental in the completion of the patch. He's made installers, units, and figured out how to mod things that we thought were not possible before. Beastfeast and MagicIceFlame have been adding some amazing landscape content and units, some even made from scratch. Albaron has done a ton of unit exports for you to enjoy. We cannot forget Enginerd as well who was always positive and followed through on work that needed to be done. I think that the patch probably would have been released next year without the Groll complaining once in a while. Make no mistake, though, we were not going to give up on this patch. Timing wasn’t always ideal but this thing was going to get released someday.
Last, the modding community, certain organizations, as well as you guys have been extremely supportive with contributions, ideas and encouragements.
Thank you.

And now… please enjoy this thing!

~ Swolte

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008

[This message has been edited by Swolte (edited 03-29-2016 @ 10:36 AM).]

Replies:
posted 03-29-16 11:22 AM EDT (US)     1 / 41  
Hey Swolte,

thanks for publishing the patch. Downloading it right now . I've been checking the upatch 1.5 thread every once in a while and am so happy that it's finally done. It is my cue to play AoW SM again. I was planning on making a LetsPlay for this game for a while now but always said to myself: "wait for 1.5 so it's gonna be more awesome". Now that there is nothing to wait for I gonna start it. (gonna be in german though :S)

Thanks to all the people helped creating this. You are the heroes!

Zeldafreak
posted 03-29-16 02:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 41  
Thanks to the whole UPatch team for this!

Downloading now, hope I have time soon to try everything out and play with the extra goodies in the mapmaker.

Hope everyone spreads the word on this.

btw, no newspost on the mainsite or entry in the download section?

[This message has been edited by freezy (edited 03-29-2016 @ 02:10 PM).]

posted 03-29-16 05:55 PM EDT (US)     3 / 41  
A news post should follow soon (I asked Chow). My little old laptop, in its last breath, allowed me to transfer some important patch files last week. But yeah, I can't use it now and it has some of the HG-passwords I used. Will take me a while to get that all back... At least I got my admin one!

My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 03-29-16 09:08 PM EDT (US)     4 / 41  
I was going to start some freelance job and now this? Bad timing!

Uhm.. is anyone unable to download it from Dropbox like I am?

Edit: Never mind. Some character in the link were replaced by something else

For anyone who happens to bump to it like I did

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v612wqsp4xgfd2i/AoWSM_UPatch_v15.exe

Tired of manually receiving/sending your PBEM turns everyday ? Try out Dave's PBEM Wrapper!

[This message has been edited by naecO (edited 03-29-2016 @ 09:11 PM).]

posted 03-30-16 05:44 AM EDT (US)     5 / 41  
Brilliant thing, but...

in the main menu writes UPatch 1.4, and...

or you can ask for a list of changes?
posted 03-30-16 09:36 AM EDT (US)     6 / 41  
Downloading right now, thank you all!
posted 03-30-16 11:22 AM EDT (US)     7 / 41  
Hey Lichking, true, those are the small cosmetic oversights we spoke about earlier. We could have delayed the patch and double-triple checked for all of those issues but we had to draw the line somewhere. There was such good momentum last week!

We'll be paying attention to this thread in weeks to come and see if there's any major issues that arise. Feedback is welcome.

Note that most of the patch is basically v14 left untouched but with many additions for mapmakers. Existing balance, with the exception of heroes and some racial additions, is mostly the same.

~ S

posted 03-30-16 12:37 PM EDT (US)     8 / 41  
hi again,

pretty nice map you made swolte. really enjoyed to play it. well the first 69 turns but then at turn 69/70 of the light blue player the game locks. it will not start my next turn so i cannot play any further . i guess a event that is not working?

i also found a bug with the patch. the model of zephyr birds is not visible in combat. on the world map it shows perfectly fine, but when entering "battle mode" they become invisible. once they die their corpse is visible again.

may we start a little bug thread? so if anyone of the team has time and wants to fix some of those a upatch 1.5.1 or so could be made?
posted 03-30-16 03:57 PM EDT (US)     9 / 41  
Downloaded the patch fine- had a slight hiccup figuring out that I needed to set 'default' in the setup screen (no v1.5 avail) then everything opened fine. Brought up the map editor. Then this: [Opens 'Grassland' tab, starts to scroll down] "Hmmm, looks like a few new OH MY GOD LOOK AT THOSE AUTUMN TREES!! [scolls down a little further] OHMYGODTHOSENEWFIELDSAREAWESOME [sound of cranial explosion with sparkles and gore]

Thanks patchteam, this looks terrific! I'm almost sorry the map I was working on was so much closer to done than I remembered (Hadn't looked at it in awhile) - I won't get as much 1.5 goodness into it as I'd like. Guess I'll just have to start a new map. (Cue lamentations from the player community at the prospect of another Needles map.)

Winner "Miss Congeniality Award" in the 2009 AoWSM map making tournament!
Proud author "Across the Wyrding Sea" (1.1 out of 5!)
posted 04-01-16 09:40 AM EDT (US)     10 / 41  
Great day ! Thank you all !
posted 04-01-16 10:01 AM EDT (US)     11 / 41  
I can't believe it, you made it!
posted 04-02-16 01:54 PM EDT (US)     12 / 41  
Dropped by the site today for the first time in a few years, totally by coincidence, and I see UPatch 1.5! So many times previously I had checked and been disappointed.

Well done Swolte and team!

Time to reinstall AOWSM.
posted 04-04-16 08:44 PM EDT (US)     13 / 41  
Hah, good to see you, Cheese! Needles, you crack me up every time!

Zelda, if you haven't beaten the map within 70 turns you deserve it! Seriously, though, I am not aware of any day 70 events so it doesn't sound like an easy fix. I'll look into this stuff, and more, during the summer!

posted 04-05-16 01:39 AM EDT (US)     14 / 41  
Thanks Swolte and the whole team!!
posted 04-06-16 07:20 PM EDT (US)     15 / 41  
Just DLed and applied the patch, then started the editor for a look... Impressive! I'll give Dalgdrom a go this weekend. Looking forward to some new adventures this year (HINT HINT).

Thanks for all the hard work, folks!
posted 04-08-16 03:28 AM EDT (US)     16 / 41  
Great news!!!

Iīm still here but was not online for some weeks! Still more than 150 emails to check...
To much work and private stuff theses days.
Sorry for not writing back until now Swolte and team.

I have checked the forum so often during the years, have made "some" bumps to Swolte (you remember?) and now I missed the final release!?
666!? Maybe...
OK!

Thank you Swolte and PawelS and the whole development team for this!
I remember the long nights when I made graphic stuff, units and sounds for the upatch and working on my big map...
Great days and nights! I am happy to see and hear my dark blue shadowbat creature and their newborn, see the shadowland structures I made and all the cool terrain stuff made (for example) by beast feast and others.

About my map:
It should be released with the new upatch but as I said in the long forgotten past, I need a (near) final release to complete it, because it will contain some special terrain tiles and some special stuff in general.
Because upatch 1.5 is now released without such a last devteam workbuild and within a true short time after the last bump, I was not able to complete the map and send it to Swolte for implementation. Sorry for this.
But the map is not lost and if I remember right I would say it is 80% done.
I will start working on it again and I promise it will be released as fast as possible.

Just downloading the upatch file...

AoWSM Maps: 1. Marlenes Welt 2. Marlenes Schatten 3. Marlenes Gnade
Up.1.4 Maps: 4. Secrets of Marlenia (UPatch 1.4 Map - update) 5. Gates of Elocin - Part I (Mapmaking Competition - Winning Map) 6. Davidīs Winter Wonderland 7. Fairy Wedding
8. Marleneīs_Laughter 9. The Gods Arena Of Magic And Power 10. The_Wilderness 11. Kayland (AoW I Mod) 12. Mia-Mina_&_The_Seadrake
11. AoW I Sound Set for AoWSM 12. Gentleman Rules Set
Need Help? The Conqueror's Fieldguide to The Groll's Universe
Proud member of the Upatch 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6 Team
posted 04-10-16 08:14 AM EDT (US)     17 / 41  
Looking forward to that map, the Groll! Just thought today that we need mapmakers for 1.5-maps. Thanks in advance
posted 04-11-16 10:58 AM EDT (US)     18 / 41  
If I generate a random map after installing the 1.5 patch, is there a chance that some of the 1.5 elements such as new units & terrain will get built into the randomly generated map, or is the only way to play with 1.5 elements is to use a custom made map? Thank you
posted 04-18-16 10:42 AM EDT (US)     19 / 41  
And now a mod for AoW3 with the feeling of AoW2? ;-D
posted 04-27-16 09:12 AM EDT (US)     20 / 41  
Can anyone shed light on the above 1.5 elements in random map question? Thank you
posted 04-28-16 07:50 AM EDT (US)     21 / 41  
Good job v1.5 team !!!

Hope everyone will enjoy the patch.

>>>Delete Yourself; You've got no chance to win<<<

Atari TeenAge Riot

posted 05-09-16 04:43 PM EDT (US)     22 / 41  
I'd like to know that too, gsol69. It's been a long time, but if I remember correctly, 1.4 elements weren't incorporated into random map generation. I imagine it's the same now.

Great job on the patch. I never lost the faith.
posted 05-13-16 02:48 PM EDT (US)     23 / 41  
Thanks for the response Galneon. I have always been a random map guy because I enjoy the exploration and element of surprise with uncovering random maps. Not sure how much use I will get out of 1.5 if it is not referenced by the random map generator.

Thanks again
posted 05-18-16 01:31 PM EDT (US)     24 / 41  
To Swolte & the team: congratulations and respect for finishing this! Knowing from personal experience what it's like to be under the pressure of a giant ongoing project with more things planned than can fit into a sane amount of time (and what it feels like to finally release such a thing), I'm sincerely happy for you

Author of the post is not responsible for any side effects of reading it, including mental trauma, blown up brains, hurt feelings, law violation, sudden death or understanding what the hell author meant.
---------------
Twitter
MP Evolution 2.0 | Lab break 1.0
posted 06-03-16 01:09 PM EDT (US)     25 / 41  
Not sure what you guys were all bothering with the fact that the patch had in the end 666 files... of course it had 666 files - itīs the most wonderful number beside 13...

I still believe that itīs all a bad joke and/or an elongated version of Swolteīs renowned April-Jokes which apparently lasts until June this time but anyhow... As chance brought me after a long time back to this forum because I had to start my ancient netbook and saw the old favourite link there and thought to myself - ah, check it and see whether there is still some life on this page - and then I found this propaganda about the apparant release of 1.5...

OK - I donīt want to bother you too much with irrelevant blabbering - I just wanted to let you know that I will now upload my latest map which I worked on from 2010-end 2012...
Thereīs a long story about it to tell which nobody wants to hear anymore.
I will simply upload it as it is - I have not even downloaded the (fake) file of the 1.5 Patch - I still have to old tester version installed and I hope you guys didnīt change too much or anything in the final version.
Iīm not going to work on that map anymore...
I hope it runs and I hope that (the few of) you who are still left to play AOWSM will like and enjoy it - itīs a monster of a map.
Maybe not a big Monster as Descent to Undermountain but from scripting perspective itīs almost as intricate as DtU.
Itīs designed for PBEM only. You canīt play it alone as thereīs much story for each player and a AI would not stick to this obviously.

have a good time everybody

Author of the following maps for AOWSM:
Version 1.4: DEMONWARS II (Transcendence & Immortalis)
Version 1.3: (also playable in 1.4) Gates to another World 1.4
><-><-><- Planning replaces coincidence by error. -><-><-><-
posted 06-04-16 08:29 AM EDT (US)     26 / 41  
Meanwhile I couldnīt resist and had to download the all new patch (so far I had only a 4 year old workbuild installed on which my last map 'The secret of the Runeblades' was created) and it turned out that the map wouldnīt run on the finally released patch.
But I managed to fix that problem very fast and now I uploaded the fixed map in the downloads section where It should be visible sooner or later
btw. itīs a pbem only map for 5-7 players. Playing it as single player makes only sense if you control at least 5 of the 7 wizards - the prime evil one included so it would be like playing chess against yourself
Otherwise, the map concept wonīt work at all.
Perfect setup is 4 'good' players against at least 1 evil wizard (plus 2 AI controlled Evil ones) or ideally against 3 human-controlled evil wizards.
(But I know how hard it will be these days to find even 5 players for a pbem

have fun - I can at least guarantee from many many hours of playtesting end of 2012 till 2013 that the scripts work all fine. Only the balancing in the later game (as of aprox. turn 20 onwards) would be subject to testing because It was never really tested far beyond turn 20...

posted 06-05-16 04:51 AM EDT (US)     27 / 41  
Meanwhile I couldnīt resist and had to download the all new patch (so far I had only a 4 year old workbuild installed on which my last map 'The secret of the Runeblades' was created) and it turned out that the map wouldnīt run on the finally released patch.
I've released both new uploads (Secret of the Runeblades and Secret of the Runeblades V1.5) since it wasn't clear from the descriptions whether both were for UP1.5 or not. Both indicate ruleset UP1.4. Was that you intention, and if so could you update the description to note the difference?

ChowGuy - The LaChoy Dragon - Servant of the Tiger and disciple of the Wanderer
The Hall of Wonders - HeavenGames Fantasy Role Playing and Creative Writing Forum

[This message has been edited by ChowGuy (edited 06-05-2016 @ 04:57 AM).]

posted 06-05-16 10:23 AM EDT (US)     28 / 41  
you can (if possible) delete the first one (the one which does NOT end with 1.5) because it seems to work ONLY with the (ancient) 1.45 workbuild from 2012.

After re-installing the whole game on my 'new' harddrive (with WIN 7 which I had to install only for the latest Triumph produkt in the early Year 2013 ) and installing all the patches I loaded the old map version in the new installed Editor and simply saved and renamed it.
(Only) this version worked then for me in the game with the 1.5 patch - the other one would not start when selecting the map in the game for whatever reason.

So again to avoid confusion: If you want to download the map, DOWNLOAD the Version
"The Secret of the Runeblades V1.5"

cheers

posted 06-06-16 03:58 PM EDT (US)     29 / 41  
Gratz! Happy to see some people still show some love to this pearl of a game.

As a side note, maybe some1 ought to check the spelling on the main page (some1 might get confused otherwise).

Maker of the CoMA and Strange Lands mods.
Check out the AoW Chatroom
posted 06-27-16 04:27 PM EDT (US)     30 / 41  
I dont' know if this is the right place to ask this, so correct me if I'm wrong.

In the unit folder there are a lot of unit files that I can't use when I try to edit a scenario (Lucifer, Kraken, etc)
Did I patch wrong or they are just unfinished units?

Thanks
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » General Discussion & Suggestions » Get the unofficial patch v1.5 here!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames