Moderated by Swolte, Timelord, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Wanna play online?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 06-22-03 10:39 AM EDT (US)   
nvm

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider

[This message has been edited by RogerRabid (edited 07-10-2011 @ 04:34 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-22-03 11:52 AM EDT (US)     1 / 84  
Nice work Roger
I think this should be sticky since it's a good guide to new people trying to play online games. Remember though that although the house rules mentioned are used in most multiplayer games, they are not mandatory and u can play without them if everyone agree on that. They only try to make the game balanced, fair and fun for every player.

P.S. Hopefully the druid/charioteer/flyer annoyance will be dealt with in Shadow Magic.

posted 06-22-03 11:53 AM EDT (US)     2 / 84  
16) I recommend playing Online games with a fast computer (At least 500 Mhz, 128 RAM and 16 MB video), because if you are going to play Online games with the computer that just meets the minimum requirements, then it'll be really painful. Especially on large maps with a lot of players. Believe me, I know

[This message has been edited by Daidalos (edited 06-22-2003 @ 11:57 AM).]

posted 06-22-03 05:54 PM EDT (US)     3 / 84  
17; if you are going to game spy for the first time donīt be shocked, thereīs a bunch of really weird persons hanging out there. Ignore them and stick to the cool and decent players that are as well represented.

posted 06-22-03 06:11 PM EDT (US)     4 / 84  
Hahaha - well, I'm not disagreeing with you, but I don't think I'll be adding that to the list

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
posted 06-24-03 05:44 PM EDT (US)     5 / 84  
17) You may need to uninstall/reinstall your directx and/or latest device drivers if you dropped a lot from game. Here is the freeware to uninstall directx: DirectX Eradicator
posted 08-03-03 07:28 AM EDT (US)     6 / 84  
18) Close all the unnecessary programs (especially programs that use internet connection, like downloaders, instant messengers etc.) to allow a better connection and prevent lags.
posted 08-24-03 07:48 AM EDT (US)     7 / 84  
Please help I am new here so I need your help to conect the server, say how can I do it. And say(if you can) in what game server. I whant play too/
posted 08-24-03 09:01 AM EDT (US)     8 / 84  
I can't connect to any server either... I'm behind a firewall and maybe if someone knows the listening port aow2 hosted internet games, I will able to play...
posted 08-24-03 01:42 PM EDT (US)     9 / 84  
There isn't a server, it's played peer-to-peer. You find some people who want to play, then go to the IP address of the person who's hosting

Windows XP's internal firewall does not require any ports to be opened. Other Firewalls need ports 6073 and 2302. Note that AoW2 may not work reliably on a shared Internet connection.

posted 10-19-03 03:31 PM EDT (US)     10 / 84  
Ok I can't seem to find or host any multiplayer games. I just got win xp and can only assume it has somethng to do with that firewall or with the new internet connection I have....it's a lan broadband connection. Does that mean anything to anyone?

BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN, last of the Azrac warriors.
posted 10-19-03 04:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 84  
You'd be better off starting a new thread in the tech help forum

I could only suggest:

1) Make sure DirectX 9.something is installed

2) As a last resort, see if this thread helps

Good luck!

posted 01-16-04 12:29 PM EDT (US)     12 / 84  
MAN I REALLY NEED HELP HOW DO U PLAY?
posted 01-24-04 04:42 AM EDT (US)     13 / 84  
Looking for AOWSM War of Ring Scenario players. You will need fast internet connection and cpu with good graphics card and ram because it is a huge map.
posted 02-15-04 01:42 AM EDT (US)     14 / 84  
Id like to try a game sat night feb 24th starting between 9-10 cst something small to test it out up to four players
ffa no alliances e-mail me or post here if your interested

dawgawar@hotmail.com

posted 08-16-05 03:20 PM EDT (US)     15 / 84  
Online gaming is fun!

Get the unofficial Patch v1.4. here!
My best AoW-Sm map: Drums of Death (This is the multiplayer version; for single player, or AI use different version)
Other proud AoW-sm maps: The Key of Kharzul, The Fight for Light, Waikiti Island, Goldrush Mountains
My proud AoW2 maps:The River Arne
Coordinator of the v1.4 and v1.5 patchteams, Seraph of AoWHeaven, PBEM Singles Champion 2008
posted 08-16-05 03:23 PM EDT (US)     16 / 84  
Thanks for your help

posted 08-16-05 04:28 PM EDT (US)     17 / 84  
Is gamespy realy free? I suggest, you cannot access necessary gamespy room with out subscription. Am I right?
posted 08-16-05 04:50 PM EDT (US)     18 / 84  
No, you're wrong

posted 08-16-05 05:27 PM EDT (US)     19 / 84  
Yes. I understood it. And now, I understood that people, who ask here about online games. First, it is hard to find gameroom at gamespy if you are not familiar with gamespy. And there is a second reason.
posted 02-27-07 00:48 AM EDT (US)     20 / 84  
Something to add to the information roger
Ports for port forwarding are..
2302 udp and 6073 tcp
The udp & tcp are important.
posted 02-27-07 07:34 AM EDT (US)     21 / 84  
Hey Roger,

Add the Hamachi Program (http://www.hamachi.cc/ to the main post, preferably after Game Spy and before ASE.... ASE will not help much Munataros got it and said there was no AoW SM players registered there, lol. While Hamachi allows anyone to host a game and that is far more useful. Also tell people to use GS, Hamachi AND ASE for finding players, using only one could be a problem.

I also could suggest removing things like:

9) Stacks consisting purely of charioteers, druids, pit guards or flying units are extremely unpopular with other players, so it's best not to rely on these too often

This didn't make sense even for AoW 2 IMO

Artist, Sorcerer, Monk and AoW Series fan
Proud citizen of BRASIL \o/ |o/ \o| \o/ |o| /o/ \o/
Blog with some art
www.the-battlefield.com ex-member with fond memories:Battlefield Player of the year 2003;Battlefield Winner of 4 Tourneys;Battlefield Winner of AoW league 2004
Proud owner of an AoW SM poster signed by Devs!
Please try the fantastic BNW Mod made by my friend Kirky Picardo! The best AoW:SM Mod!
posted 05-09-07 08:42 AM EDT (US)     22 / 84  
I got the latest patch and i have firewall off. but i still don't see any games. howe can i make it that i can see other games online?
posted 05-09-07 01:21 PM EDT (US)     23 / 84  
1) Announce to the people at Gamespy what your IP is, so they can join your game

or

2) Wait until someone at Gamespy is starting a game, and go to their IP

posted 05-09-07 03:29 PM EDT (US)     24 / 84  
NVM this

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Nitrogenix (edited 05-09-2007 @ 03:38 PM).]

posted 05-09-07 11:12 PM EDT (US)     25 / 84  
Otherwise just ask people if they are interested in a game. If you find enough people who are willing to play with the amount of people available to play, you have a game.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Online Multiplayer » Wanna play online?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames