You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Resurgence on Armor - Not Working?
posted 08-11-03 07:02 PM EDT (US)   
Resurgence on hero armor appears not to function. In testing, a hero wearing resurgence armor made at the item forge died, and didn't come back, not after combat, or during combat(3-4 rounds later).

Interesting side effects include the fact that there are apparently two "resurgence" properties listed in the editor, and that you can cast resurgence on heroes wearing armor with resurgence made at the item forge, but not on a hero wearing the Stained Tunic library item, which also has resurgence. Perhaps one of these resurgences is a dummy, and the wrong one is being given by the item forge items?

Replies:
posted 08-11-03 10:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5  
Lol I never had much luck with resurgance so I don't even bother researching it anymore. My heros used Da Bomb, and never came back, my fairy dragons with resurgance died without coming back... So I just gave up on it.
posted 08-12-03 00:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 5  
The spell definitely works: I cast resurgence on a hero, he got killed, and then grew back.

However, from items, it appears to be hit-or-miss, particularly from the item forge. I haven't fully tested the stained tunic/dabomb resurgence, but it's possible that the hero is being stripped of all abilities acquired from items on death, as even a spell-resurgence hero who returns to life during the combat drops all of his items in a pile where he started on the strategic map before the combat.

posted 08-12-03 01:03 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5  
Hmmm, this may be a bit off topic, but I just thought I'd pass it along...

I'm playing Royal Acquisition, and I made an armor with Leadership III. Now, I've noticed that Leadership I and II works fine, but when it adds III to the hero, they go back to their regular stats... anyone else with this problem?

Heavengames's Age of Wonders 2

"You always have and always will walk the path of the warrior, but remember ...there are many ways to win a war and they do not all involve a sword." Lao Ma

posted 08-12-03 05:19 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5  
In AOW2 Resurgence didn't work unless the corpse was still lying on the battle field. After some attacks (such as blowing yourself up with da bomb) there would be no corpse and as a consequence of this, no resurgence. You can still have use for 'da Bomb' if you die the conventional way but you can't blow yourself up.
posted 08-12-03 09:28 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5  
Tnx, noted
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting » Resurgence on Armor - Not Working?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames