You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Haste: Mov points (minor glitch)
posted 07-14-06 10:54 PM EDT (US)   
Sometimes Haste ability is not taken into account when movement cost is checked.
  • (Classic turns) Sometimes when stack with some units Haste'd is moved to the end of it "possible" (yellow) route, only then it suddenly appears that it can move further - few next darkened path "pea" becomes yellow. Seems to be underestimation when movement cost is calculated initially.
    Not a big problem, but perhaps it can affect AI, preventing it from use full mov points ? If it handicaps AI, it's much worse.
  • (AoWSMEd) When trying to place unit with low Mov on hex with too high Mov cost for this unit. Haste is not taken into account (in fact unit can move there in game!). Not a big problem as such, but demonstrates where glitch is. And, besides, it adds troubles to making "turret-like" units in Mod.

And even I make no pretence Of having more than common sence - R.W.Wood
    The secret half a country keeps, the whisper in the lane... - R.Kipling
    [UPatch 1.4 Team] * STLpack
  • Replies:
    posted 07-15-06 00:04 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3  

Quote:

Sometimes Haste ability is not taken into account when movement cost is checked.

I am wondering if the AI learning the explorer skill has a similar effect (I think it does).

Quote:

...perhaps it can affect AI, preventing it from use full mov points ?

I noticed something a long time ago while playing simultaneous turns...

...If you wait until the AI passes it's turn, and then you save and re-load the game, the AI will usually make further movement with many of it's units (and often split stacks). Then, you can save and re-load again and the AI might still move a couple of units further. (I didn't take note whether the AI had explorer, but I am sure it isn't necessary).

Quote:

...is moved to the end of it "possible" (yellow) route, only then it suddenly appears that it can move further - few next darkened path "pea" becomes yellow

This happens to me a lot when I have the explorer skill...even several times with the same stack (especially if units are hasted).

posted 07-15-06 04:25 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
    This always happens not only with Haste but with any group of units that have both favorable/neutral movement in a terrain. For example, units with cave-crawling and those without or with forestry/without it, etc display the same behaviour.

2009 1v1-Mapmaking Champion, Former PBEM Singles Champion, Proud contributor to the UPatch 1.4 and 1.5 effort
    War of the Twins- 1 vs 1 PBEM map, Too Much Water - 1 vs 1 PBEM map, winner of 2009 1vs1 Mapmaking Challenge
    My Dragon Age development blog
    posted 07-15-06 02:19 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
    Yeah, I found with a group of mixed cave crawling/non cavecrawling units on overland map I often have to move them twice to get full MP(usually falling short one squares worth of movement, might have seen it by more though)

Since this is unintuative & unintended (I'm sure) the AI is set to move a stack once and be done with it.

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW:SM Tech Help & Bug Reporting » Haste: Mov points (minor glitch)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames