Please login or register

AoW2/SM Mod Making
Moderated by Swolte, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Race Structure 649
posted 09-23-08 05:50 PM EDT (US)   
I know this is a question related to map-making, but I think that it's a question that people with mod-making experience are more likely to be able to answer, so I have posted it here. Anyway, if a moderator feels that it should be moved to map-making, please feel free to do so...

I have made an XL BNW3 map called Last Dwarf, and some people that play the map (but not all) are having a problem loading saves of the map at some point after day 7. Merkraad has pointed out that the error log always seems to include this:

Resource Missing TTCRaceStructure 649
Access violation at address 004C49F6 in module 'AoWSM.exe'. Read of address

Does anybody know of a way, please, that I can work out what Race Structure 649 is, maybe through the editor?

The challenge I have is that there are more than 600 events in this map, and I have been through checking them all and removing a couple that seemed suspect, but it hasn't actually resolved the loading problem. It may not even be an event that is causing it!

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
Replies:
posted 09-24-08 04:25 AM EDT (US)     1 / 10  
Did you use the Omega Patch for your Map?

I can't find any information about it.
posted 09-24-08 05:44 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10  
Since the Omega version of BNW3 was released there has been a small bugfix issued:
http://www.badongo.com/file/11157467
or
http://www.doack.campaigncreations.org/BNW_3.0.zip

However, it might be a mistake to assume that this is an issue with BNW3 specifically, as this map was firstly built with Upatch 1.4, then built some more with BNW 3.1 beta, then 3.1 omega, and then BNW 3.0 :P

But if I could find a way of identifying in the editor which slot holds which particular number, that would help a lot, and I assumed that this was something that modders would be familiar with. If it was as easy as going to slot 649 on a particular tab in the editor, and seeing what resided there in the different mods, that would be fantastic news!

"Shooting down a plane of civilians isn't careless, it's politcal opportunism." - Stormraider
posted 09-25-08 03:20 AM EDT (US)     3 / 10  
I'm not a modder actually, just a mapmaker.

I've searched for the unit ID 649 in your map and it is a Poltergeist in the southwest of your map near the starting point of the dwarven hero Lepslayer. It is not alone. There are also a Lich King, another Poltergeist and two Bone Archers in the party and they are area guards.

I don't know if the unit ID is the same than race structure number, but if so, you know where it is.

I have two different contents of the Images/Units directory. On my desktop are two Poltergeist ILBs, one usual and a version called dark. Both are the same shape but have different colours. I think you can guess how it looks. The first has blue colour and the second is... dark blue.
On my laptop there is only the dark version in the directory. I don't know how it is, like it is and if it has something to do with the problem, but maybe the others, who occured this, could check.

I've also seen that you have used more than this two Poltergeists in this party, but maybe the others aren't into play so early. Unfortunately I don't have the time to test your map at the moment, which I will do definetly, because it looks very nice and interesting, but even if I couldn't solve the problem, maybe I could help a bit.

Someone has to say: Is the unit ID the same as the race structure number?? That's the key here in my opinion. I guess it is.

[This message has been edited by Albaron (edited 09-25-2008 @ 03:27 AM).]

posted 09-25-08 12:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10  
Hi Albaron,

the unit ID and the structure number are totally different things !
The unit ID can be seen within the editor (tab units), the structure number / ID can't.

Best wishes,

RPGamer

PS: RogerRabid, I got the same error-message, but do not know how to fix this .
posted 09-25-08 12:30 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10  
Hi Peeps,

I personally have seen no evidence of a save bug in the map or mod. I played an early version of the map that Roger kindly sent up to turn 40 or so, saving multiple times a day and often loading too. I never had a save that wouldn't load. When the official version was released and people started mentioning this save bug I started over. I am on turn 30 now. Again I am saving every day with the turn number added to the save. I often load a save each turn to replay fights that I think I could of done better in. :P I have had no problems at all!

I think this may very well be caused by folks playing the map with the beta version selected. This map needs to be played from start to finish with BNW 3.0 selected as it utilizes many resources from the update which are not present in the beta.

Now maybe I am just very lucky and there is some bug. I havent seen it yet though.

Cheers!

Kirky

P.S. The map is unbelieveably great!
posted 09-25-08 04:26 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10  
Hi Kirk

Unfortunately it does bug for me. I never played the map with the beta/omega version, by the way

I actually am here to inform that a crash happened on a RANDOM map. Yep. Silly me did not keep the save but actually it would not matter, since reloading DID work; so the save game was not corrupted. I guess it becomes an issue on pre-made maps, where the map info is saved on the .asg file.

So yes Kirk, you are very lucky and the map is unbelievably great, and I can't play it

Anyways I'm posting the errors logs here, guess what poped up:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (5.12600)
DirectX Version: 9.0 (4.09.00.0904)
Desktop Resolution: 1024x768x16
Physical Memory: 816 / 2047 MB
Virtual Memory: 1661 / 2047 MB
Winsock 2 Detected: YES

AoWSM Version: 1.30
Resources ID: 0
Display Resolution: 1024x768x16
Display Mode: Full Screen
Pixel Format: 5-6-5
3D Renderer: Hardware
Display Driver: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 (nv4_disp.dll)
Driver Version: 0.0.0.0 (4318 / 545)

Detail Level: High
Cursor Mode: Software
Sound: On
Music: On
DirectSound: On

Map: noname.ahm
Day: 25
Play Mode: Simultaneous
Connection Type: Local

Application opened at: 7:00:10 AM
Access violation at address 004D09F0 in module 'AoWSM.exe'. Read of address 00000018
Failure during UpdateFrame
Access violation at address 00415693 in module 'AoWSM.exe'. Read of address 00000008
Application closed at: 7:39:08 AM (6 errors)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP (5.12600)
DirectX Version: 9.0 (4.09.00.0904)
Desktop Resolution: 1024x768x16
Physical Memory: 1155 / 2047 MB
Virtual Memory: 1654 / 2047 MB
Winsock 2 Detected: YES

AoWSM Version: 1.30
Resources ID: 0
Display Resolution: 1024x768x16
Display Mode: Full Screen
Pixel Format: 5-6-5
3D Renderer: Hardware
Display Driver: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 (nv4_disp.dll)
Driver Version: 0.0.0.0 (4318 / 545)

Detail Level: High
Cursor Mode: Software
Sound: On
Music: On
DirectSound: On

Map: autosave.asg
Day: 29
Play Mode: Simultaneous
Connection Type: Local

Application opened at: 11:40:19 AM
Access violation at address 004D09F0 in module 'AoWSM.exe'. Read of address 00000018
Failure during UpdateFrame

Access violation at address 00415693 in module 'AoWSM.exe'. Read of address 00000008
Application closed at: 12:29:23 PM (15 errors)

Artist, Sorcerer, Monk and AoW Series fan
Proud citizen of BRASIL \o/ |o/ \o| \o/ |o| /o/ \o/
Blog with some art
www.the-battlefield.com ex-member with fond memories:Battlefield Player of the year 2003;Battlefield Winner of 4 Tourneys;Battlefield Winner of AoW league 2004
Proud owner of an AoW SM poster signed by Devs!
Please try the fantastic BNW Mod made by my friend Kirky Picardo! The best AoW:SM Mod!

[This message has been edited by Merkraad (edited 09-25-2008 @ 04:28 PM).]

posted 09-25-08 05:50 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10  
Merk!

Well an odd crash isn't really the issue. I assume people have occasionally had the game crash when playing, wether it be mods or just normal. It's about saves supposedly not loading. Some of the peeps who reported this have said they started off with the beta selected then changed to the update. It's quite easy to accidentaly select the beta.

Anyway, I'm on day 45 now. Saved and loaded multiple times every turn. No problems and here's me saves to prove it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/148402531/LastDwarfSaves.zip.html

Kirky
posted 09-25-08 07:32 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10  
*sigh*

Kirk its not an odd crash... this 'Resource Missing TTCRaceStructure 649' is actually the same error message I get when playing the map Roger made. I'm betting my money that the saves won't load because of this 649 thing

We need someone like Turbo Beholder to know what this number is exactly anyway... I vaguely recall a thread which had the numbers in hex or something for the racial buildings.

Funny that the crash blocks my advance on Rogers map, but all the 3 times I played I got Gold Dragon summon before by turn 10 or so

Blog with some art
www.the-battlefield.com ex-member with fond memories:Battlefield Player of the year 2003;Battlefield Winner of 4 Tourneys;Battlefield Winner of AoW league 2004
Please try the fantastic BNW Mod made by my friend Kirky Picardo! The best AoW:SM Mod!
posted 09-25-08 07:32 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10  
Actually it has come to my attention that this error has happened to other people, including some that don't even have BNW (sad people!)

Take a look at post # 79 in this thread:
http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=25&tn=3772&st=recent&f=25,3772,0,60

I'm fairly confident that this is not a problem with unit 649 in the map, but thanks for the research, Albaron. I will try deleting that unit anyway, just in case

posted 09-25-08 07:52 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10  
649 is the new 13

I was gonna edit my post Roger, but you beat me to it

I searched google for AowSM race structure 649 and found that Wizard's Folly thread as well.

Pawels says in post 80 there that he will will 'try to find out what is "TTCRaceStructure 649" ' but that is dated 06-03-2008

I guess we all eagerly await hehe.

Blog with some art

[This message has been edited by Merkraad (edited 09-25-2008 @ 07:53 PM).]

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW2/SM Mod Making » Race Structure 649
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames