You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Island Wars(Sprout, Enginerd)
posted 06-04-03 09:43 PM EDT (US)   
This is a wizard ladder game on the map making competition map of Island Wars.

Looking over the map, there is some difficulty finding a balanced setup. We decided to try Highmen vs. Undead.

Undead - Sprout
Highmen - Enginerd

Good luck!

Replies:
posted 06-04-03 09:49 PM EDT (US)     1 / 26  
Undead

The first two days have found us battling the Azarcs...we have slaughtered several of their units and captured the elven 4 hex - which we are busy migrating to undead of course.

Turn sent.

posted 06-04-03 11:28 PM EDT (US)     2 / 26  
Highmen day 1 & 2

Captured the darkelf 4 hex and started migrating. The frostlings are close but haven't attacked. They're out scouting, mostly alone, that will make them easier to kill.

turn sent

posted 06-05-03 10:14 AM EDT (US)     3 / 26  
Undead - Day 3

Tried to explore a cave, but could not fight the doombats...will have to send some troops with ranged attack. Mostly just sitting on the 4 hex and waiting to migrate.

Turn sent

posted 06-05-03 06:53 PM EDT (US)     4 / 26  
Highmen day 3

Still waiting on the 4-hex to migrate. The frostlings have seen my forces and retreated back into their caves.

posted 06-06-03 01:19 AM EDT (US)     5 / 26  
Undead - Day 4

The 4 hex is almost finished migrating, then we shall finish off the Azarcs.

Explored a cave for two very basic items.

Turn sent

posted 06-06-03 09:10 AM EDT (US)     6 / 26  
Highmen day 4

Next turn the 4 hex will complete migrating. A shipyard was taken and dragon boats will be on the waters about the time the frostlings are defeated. So far so good.

Turn sent

posted 06-06-03 11:36 AM EDT (US)     7 / 26  
Undead - Day 5

The 4 hex is finished migrating...so our forces go forth and now the Azarcs are no more. Their 2 hex is now migrating. Would be surprised if it takes the Highmen so long to finish off the frostlings! If it takes them 6 more days - we will be on their doorstep well before then!

Turn sent.

posted 06-06-03 06:47 PM EDT (US)     8 / 26  
Highmen day 5

The 4-hex has finished migrating and will produce very powerful armies in the days to come. My armies are advancing on the frostlings, wait, oh no...

Minor tactical error I cannot crush the walls and the ram I built is still two turns away from the city. Should have built it sooner.

posted 06-07-03 03:51 AM EDT (US)     9 / 26  
Undead - Day 6

Still migrating the Azarc capital. Our units are spreading out to take remaining resources...should launch attack on neighbors within a day or two at the latest.

Turn sent.

posted 06-07-03 10:24 AM EDT (US)     10 / 26  
Highmen day 6

A small frostling army came to meet our wall crusher, stupid frostlings. Their frost queen was shattered, their hero has few defenders in the city and will fall easily next turn. My advance on the other islands will come soon but maybe a turn or two behind the undead.

posted 06-07-03 11:43 PM EDT (US)     11 / 26  
Highmen day 7

Captured the frostling city, they're all dead. Darn the luck, it will take 3 turns to migrate and some armies will have to wait inside, more delays.

posted 06-08-03 01:14 AM EDT (US)     12 / 26  
Undead - Day 8

We move off our island and start the conquest of our neighbors...who first?

Turn sent.

posted 06-08-03 10:57 PM EDT (US)     13 / 26  
Highmen day 8

Starting to move my troops back to the river, the frostling city is very far away from the water, more delays

posted 06-09-03 12:06 PM EDT (US)     14 / 26  
Undead - Day 9

Conflict with the Highmen is coming...we feel it in the air!

Turn sent

posted 06-09-03 08:48 PM EDT (US)     15 / 26  
highmen day 9

Moving my troops to the water, we've spotted elves and halflings, wonder which way I'll go? Still migrating the frostling town.

posted 06-10-03 00:48 AM EDT (US)     16 / 26  
Undead - Day 10

Visiting another island with my army. Wonder what the response will be?

Turn sent.

posted 06-10-03 08:00 PM EDT (US)     17 / 26  
Highmen day 10

What is that rubbish that washed up on our shores? It is old, smelly, nasty. What an unholy sight that leaves such a blemish on our holy shores. What is this? The rubbish is moving! Alas, it is as ancient legends described the those who turn from the holy ways eventually turn into the "unholy", alive but not alive. We have ways to deal with them....

To Arms, to arms, quickly friends, we will soon be under attack, evil is upon us, we must rid the world this filth.

posted 06-11-03 00:52 AM EDT (US)     18 / 26  
Moving Flith - Day 11

We sacriface our transport to move our forces to dispatch that nasty highmen avenger...with him out of the way and our massive mound of bones now gold...soon we shall engulf the highmen and there will be no more light.

Turn sent.

posted 06-11-03 01:00 AM EDT (US)     19 / 26  
Highmen day 11

This day will be remembered as the battle between light and dark, good and evil, holy and unholy, Highman and Undead

All my troops assemble and go to battle against the evil invaders. 2 heroes on both sides, several archers and cleric on the side of good, a powerful bone horror and archers on the side of evil. 10 forces of good versus 5 forces of evil. Spells are flying, magic bolts back and forth, volley after volley of arrows. First one archer falls, then another, death and blood is everywhere, finally the bone horror falls and will kill no more.

Alas, the Highmen fail to win the battle. There is nothing to stop the undead from taking over our homeland. Today, evil triumphed over good.

Good game, let's see if you can kill my last archer.

posted 06-11-03 01:26 AM EDT (US)     20 / 26  
Undead - day 12:

A bone horror with gold medal, dark gift, enchant weapon and stone skin is not to be taken lightly! The Azarcs learned first and now the Highmen have learned...we took the 4-hex and will start turning over stones in an attempt to find the remaining highmen tommorrow. Reinforcements are bound to arrive fairly soon as well to help.

Turn sent.

posted 06-11-03 06:44 PM EDT (US)     21 / 26  
Highmen day 12 (here it is day 12)

Come and get me you dirty little undead beasties! I'll do my best to keep any of your troops off my island with my lone dragon ship. We will fight until the end (which probably won't be long)

posted 06-11-03 08:35 PM EDT (US)     22 / 26  
Undead - Day 13

The town from which the Highmen sprung has been taken. Reports are that a hero foolishly joined the Highmen...he will not last long!

Turn sent.

posted 06-11-03 11:52 PM EDT (US)     23 / 26  
Highmen I think it's still day 12

The night is coming and with it comes the evil. We have little hope of seeing the sun rise in the morning...

posted 06-12-03 00:20 AM EDT (US)     24 / 26  
Undead - Day T-2 and counting

Highmen hero is gone. Their last city will fall tomorrow and our dragonships are getting ready to leave dry dock and destroy the last Highmen unit.

Turn sent.

posted 06-12-03 07:37 PM EDT (US)     25 / 26  
Highmen

We have surrendered, there is nothing more we can do, all troops destroyed, the evil hordes have eliminated us.

Thanks for the game Sprout, that makes me 0-2, I'm looking forward to that first win

I'll post my comments to the competition page (eventually but they will get posted)

posted 06-13-03 00:10 AM EDT (US)     26 / 26  
Undead - rulers of the Islands!

It was a short fight...good try with attacking my hero stack...if you had gotten lucky with those chain lightnings then perhaps things would have been different!

Good game!

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Island Wars(Sprout, Enginerd)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames