You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL - Divine Chess (Nojd vs Sprout)
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 06-19-03 06:45 PM EDT (US)   
Scenario: Divine Chess.
The games are Wizards Ladder games.
The AI players are set to Emperor - Expander.
Leaders are off.

Game 1: DivineChessGame1(Nojd,Sprout).asg
Azracs - Nojd - nojd@heavengames.com - 3 Water, 3 Earth, 1 Life
Lizards - Sprout - speicher@wueconc.wustl.edu - 3 Water, 3 Air, 1 Life

Game 2: DivineChessGame2(Sprout,Nojd).asg
Azracs - Sprout - speicher@wueconc.wustl.edu - 3 Water, 3 Earth, 1 Life
Lizards - Nojd - nojd@heavengames.com - 3 Water, 3 Air, 1 Life

[This message has been edited by Nojd (edited 06-20-2003 @ 05:07 AM).]

Replies:
posted 06-19-03 07:25 PM EDT (US)     1 / 68  
Both games are started!

Good luck!

posted 06-20-03 01:16 AM EDT (US)     2 / 68  
Lizards Day 1

Sad to see that no hero joined us! Collecting resources - although a water elemental killed our lurker.

Azarcs Day 1

No hero joined here either! Collecting resources - although we lost 4 units including a ballista and catapult today!

Turns sent.

posted 06-20-03 05:07 AM EDT (US)     3 / 68  
Problems:
  • Neither of us have gotten any heroes. We can live with this, right?
  • Game 1 refuses to load for me to play my second turn. It loads 20%, hangs for a long while, continues to load, and then produces lots of error messages, and has to be killed with the task manager. Do you want to resend/replay your turn, or should I start it again from turn 1?

Game 2 Day 1, The Lizards Report
    No hero in sight. We make a little progress in our own backyard, but nothing to brag about.

Turn sent to The Azracs (Sprout).

Game 1 Day 1, The Azracs Report
    The Azracs are without a hero, and the troups do the best they can on their own. No one is impressed.

Turn sent (yesterday) to The Lizards (Sprout).

• posted 06-20-03 05:21 PM EDT (US)     4 / 68  
    Answers
    - No heroes are fine I guess...just need to keep some cash on hand in hopes that one will join.
    - Not sure why game 1 did not load...I went to check to see if your turn would load for me, but you passworded it, so I could not see. Instead I replayed and resent that turn. Not sure what the problem could be - either the file just randomly got corrupted somehow or when it was created something was messed up. So if the turn does not work this turn, then just restart it from scratch I think would be best.

Game 2: Azarcs - Day 2

A single little 1 hex turn has cost us nearly half as dozen troops...never have we seen such poor fighting. It looks like we are going to be invaded and lose quickly in this one!

Game 1: Lizards - Day 1 (again)

It went even worse this time around...

Turns sent.

posted 06-20-03 05:28 PM EDT (US)     5 / 68  
    My attempts to load that messed up turn didn't even get me as far as to the password. I guess that means the file got corrupted in the transfer via email.

Will play both turns shortly.

posted 06-20-03 05:56 PM EDT (US)     6 / 68  
    Game 1 Day 2, The Azracs Report
    We're still without a hero, and there's been no negotiations with other races. The future is uncertain.

Turn sent to The Lizards (Sprout).

This is so very strange. Game two acts exactly the same way now, and I'm absolutely sure I've copied the new turn to the email in directory. I've restarted this game. Better luck this time!

posted 06-20-03 06:47 PM EDT (US)     7 / 68  
    Game 1 Day 3, The Azracs Report
    War on all known fronts, and no hero to guide us.

posted 06-20-03 07:12 PM EDT (US)     8 / 68  
    Game 1 - Lizards

No hero here either...on all sides, war is declared. Our early loses cause us to move cautiously now.

Game 2 - Azarcs

Restarted again...hopefully it will work better this time!

Turns sent.

posted 06-20-03 07:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 68  
    Game 1 Day 4, The Azracs Report
    More wars, no heroes.

The new game 2 loaded!
    But I'll grab some sleep before I play it. Oh, and I didn't get a hero this time either. Are there any heroes in this world?

posted 06-21-03 04:44 AM EDT (US)     10 / 68  
    Game 1 Day 5, The Azracs Report
    We try to move carefully, but we still fear we picked our night camp in a dangerous spot. Still no hero on our side. On the other hand, we haven't seen any enemy heroes either.

Game 2 Day 1, The Lizards Report
    No hero in sight, but our battles went well today.

posted 06-21-03 04:46 PM EDT (US)     11 / 68  
    Game 1 Day 6, The Azracs Report
    So far so good. We maintain a slight pressure on the Elves, while we're fending off the Dark Elves. Still not a single hero to be found in this world.

Game 2 Day 2, The Lizards Report
    Dwarves encountered, but no heros in sight.

posted 06-21-03 07:56 PM EDT (US)     12 / 68  
    Game 1 Day 6 Lizards

The Dwarves have slaughtered almost all our troops...few hatchlings remain to carry on our cause. However, even without a hero - we managed to take the dwarves down with us! We will likely soon be overrun...but we had the pleasure of not being the first eliminated!

Game 2 Day 3 Azarcs

Not good news...the dark elves and elves are at war with us. The elves are staying away for now, but the dark elves are being aggressive...those dang spider queens are quick and it cost us dearly!

Turns sent.

posted 06-22-03 06:00 AM EDT (US)     13 / 68  
    Game 1 Day 7, The Azracs Report
    The Elves are too many and too strong, so we retreat - for now. We keep hoping for a hero to join us, but we're not counting on it.

Game 2 Day 3, The Lizards Report
    As expected, the Dwarves wanted war. We're prepared!

[This message has been edited by Nojd (edited 06-22-2003 @ 06:01 AM).]

posted 06-23-03 02:11 PM EDT (US)     14 / 68  
    Game 1 - Lizards

Goblins are invading now...just hope the undead stay clear for a bit longer. Still no hero here.

Game 2 - Azarcs

We still make no move against the Elves, but constant warfare abounds with the dark elves. Oh...and now we have a hero to lead us

Turns sent.

posted 06-24-03 07:52 AM EDT (US)     15 / 68  
    Game 1 Day 8, The Azracs Report
    No events at all today.

Game 2 Day 4, The Lizards Report
    We're slaughtering the Dwarves!

posted 06-24-03 03:34 PM EDT (US)     16 / 68  
    Game 1 - Lizards

Very little today...a bit of fighting here and there...one battle went quite poorly. Thinking I have little chance in this one.

Game 2 - Azarcs

Ah...doing very well...Elves and Dark Elves fall before us. Thinking I have a good chance in this one.

Turn sent.

posted 06-25-03 03:36 PM EDT (US)     17 / 68  
    Game 1 Day 9, The Azracs Report
    No battles, no heroes.

Game 2 Day 5, The Lizards Report
    Dwarves keep dieing (can't spell that)!

posted 06-26-03 00:56 AM EDT (US)     18 / 68  
    Game 1 - Lizards - Day 9:

We did a bit better today...managed to kill off 3 powerful stacks of goblins that were invading. We did misjudge the firing arc of their ballista...that was not good.

Game 2 - Azarcs - Day 6:

Great sadness. All the hard work and sacriface to get a hero and now that stupid git rebells...enough of that - he is dead. We suddenly do not feel nearly as confident as we did before!

Turns sent.

posted 06-26-03 06:43 AM EDT (US)     19 / 68  
    Game 1 Day 10, The Azracs Report
    Today we gave the Dark Elves a really good beating!
    The Elves are advancing on us, so we try to build up a defence on that front.

Game 2 Day 6, The Lizards Report
    Our battles against the Dwarves are going well, but the Undead are coming and we have no way of dealing with their Wraith!!

[This message has been edited by Nojd (edited 06-26-2003 @ 11:48 AM).]

posted 06-26-03 11:48 AM EDT (US)     20 / 68  
    Game 1 Day 11, The Azracs Report
    This was a day filled with huge battles! We killed the big Elven army that was approaching, and in the Caverns we've almost exterminated the Dark Elves, and also killed a big Highmen army.

posted 06-26-03 01:52 PM EDT (US)     21 / 68  
    Game 2 Day 7, The Lizards Report
    The Dwarves are defeated, but we're still at the mercy of the Undead Wraiths.

posted 06-26-03 02:29 PM EDT (US)     22 / 68  
    Game 1 - Lizards

We rejoice! We have a hero to lead us...oh...that did not last long A very bad string of luck and our hero is no more.

Game 2 - Azarcs

Continuing to pound the elves...starting to move against the highmen now that the dark elves are defeated.

Turns sent

posted 06-26-03 02:38 PM EDT (US)     23 / 68  
    Game 1 Day 12, The Azracs Report
    We have seen the first two heroes! Both of them carrying the Lizard banner.
    One of them was seen dieing though.

Ah, I see! I need to examine the map better the next time. Something tells me there's another Lizardian hero around somewhere...

posted 06-26-03 05:50 PM EDT (US)     24 / 68  
    Game 1 - Lizards (Day 12)

Our fight may soon be shown to be in vain The goblin army of Karaghs and Big Beetles is *nasty* No good way to kill those Karaghs and if they break through there will be nothing to stop the quick moving Karaghs and Beetles from taking over all the dwarven cities we have taken...

We did not want to mention *too* much about the heroes...the Azarcs are in the much better position. 2 beholders and 2 djinns proved to be enough to rescue the heroes from the prisons (although I was stupid when I played the Azarcs and had the first hero rebell on me )

Anyway - if we continue a monopoly on heroes we may have a small chance against the dominating azarcs!

Turn sent (game 2 turn resent as well).

posted 06-26-03 07:10 PM EDT (US)     25 / 68  
    Game 1 Day 13, The Azracs Report
    No more Dark Elves!
    We really, really need a hero!

Game 2 finally sent too (or possibly resent?).

Both turns should be with Sprout now.

posted 06-26-03 11:29 PM EDT (US)     26 / 68  
    Game 1 - Lizards

Out of the darkness of the night came the Karaghs...two of the foul beasts - they moved as quick as lightning and our seige engines barely got off a shot - hurried it did little good and then the foul things were among us...our brave gold medal troops now lay scattered like leaves in after a harsh storm - scattered and ruined!

Game 2 - Azarcs

We now are striking against the Elves...our heroes moving to gain experience and items before dealing with the Lizards.

Turns sent.

posted 06-27-03 03:47 AM EDT (US)     27 / 68  
    Game 1 Day 14, The Azracs Report
    A spying Wyvern is approaching. I'm sure it noticed that we've now eliminated the Elves.

Game 2 Day 8, The Lizards Report
    We're doomed.

posted 06-27-03 06:34 PM EDT (US)     28 / 68  
    Game 1 - Lizards

With the terrible threat of the Azarcs hanging above our heads (literally) - we attempt to keep pace with their rapid expansion. Hence today marked the end of those nasty Karaghs and the goblin race. We have noticed that that several of the races that we can see have been offered low level heroes - where is ours?

Otherwise, we continue to spy on the mighty Azarc forces...see what they left at home

Game 2 - Azarcs

Some silly mistakes may cost us one of our heroes...otherwise we press onward.

Turns sent.

posted 06-28-03 03:41 AM EDT (US)     29 / 68  
    Game 1 Day 15, The Azracs Report
    We'll soon find out what the Lizzies are made of. Dare they leave their mountains?

Game 2 Day 9, The Lizards Report
    We have no hope of a better future.

posted 06-28-03 04:14 AM EDT (US)     30 / 68  
    Lizards - Game 1 - Day 15:

Thinking that we would not see that the cave is explored? It seems obvious that the Azarcs now have a hero...but we must make sure - yess...they do have a hero - a level 1 (almost level 2) hero - so no spellcasting...yet. With the Undead kicked our green backsides and the Azarcs with a hero - this indeed spells our doom we think.

(Did you really think I would send someone done into your little trap? The only reason we were in those mountains was to explore the cave...sadly you beat us to it!)

Azarcs - Game 2 - Day 10:

The Elves are no more...the Highmen capital falls...the undead are going to fall soon...we close on the lizards from multiple directions - have to start running into them soon, not?

Turns sent

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
    Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL - Divine Chess (Nojd vs Sprout)
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames