You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL-RedMoonBlueMoon (Enginerd vs GillB)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07-04-03 03:09 PM EDT (US)   
WL match between Enginerd and GillB
Map - Red Moon Blue Moon
Leaders off,

Enginerd - Orcs
GillB - Halflings

3 cities need to be conquered. The Humans have great control over the land and the forces of good and evil are hoping to reclaim order and control of all the lands.

Will the forces of good capture the cities first or will it be the forces of evil? Both will have to kill the humans before they face each other. The race is on to capture Red Moon, Blue Moon and the Human Capital.

Good luck

Replies:
posted 07-04-03 03:12 PM EDT (US)     1 / 45  
Day 1
Things started well in that no-one's dead .. or no halflings at any rate. One or two humans are sorry they got in our way. That said, we had a lousy selection of spells in our spell book.

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
posted 07-04-03 04:08 PM EDT (US)     2 / 45  
Orcs day 1

The nearby Humans wandered too far from home and didn't stay together. We picked off their hero, catapult, cleric, 2 swordsmen and archer in 3 different stacks. Those that died fought valiantly and were expendable. If our wounds heal enough we may attack their town and kill whatever humans remain before clearing out the indies.

posted 07-04-03 04:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 45  
Halflings Day 2
Things didnt go well in the night. The humans decided to retaliate for our few puny kills of yesterday and destroyed hero and most of the minor units. We now start to rebuild from nothing.

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
posted 07-04-03 07:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 45  
Orcs day 2

Our losses were not as bad as the Halflings. We did lose our beloved Eagle that we rescued from a prison. Too bad, now we can't cross the waters and cause mischief for the humans that are on the other side. The human 3 hex has been captured. Many troops are wounded but will recover. We now have a few days to bring order to the indie cities nearby and prepare for the next wave of Humans.

posted 07-05-03 05:56 AM EDT (US)     5 / 45  
Don't think I've ever had a worse start to a game ... but we plough on after a really stupid move ... I hate one-way teleports. I hate forgetting they're one-way even more.

posted 07-05-03 10:50 AM EDT (US)     6 / 45  
Orcs day 3

Captured a magic node and move towards a couple indie cities. More battles next turn. We expect to see human/lizard troops coming across the water soon.

posted 07-05-03 05:57 PM EDT (US)     7 / 45  
Orcs

Waiting to see what will happen....

posted 07-05-03 07:24 PM EDT (US)     8 / 45  
Restarted from day 1 by mutual consent
Orcs day 1

Similar to last time, their hero, catapult, cleric and swordsman are dead. Couldn't get the other stack of swordsman and archer. We advance.

posted 07-06-03 02:47 AM EDT (US)     9 / 45  
We explored a monster lair and picked up not very much for a few losses then retreated to our capital to watch the powerful human hero advance on us.

posted 07-06-03 07:56 PM EDT (US)     10 / 45  
Orcs day 2

The humans raced for the highmen 2hex to try and buy their aid but we stopped them just in time. Attacked their 3-hex but did not have enough troops strong enough to kill all their armies. One Charlatan remains plus an archer they're bound to produce over night.

posted 07-07-03 02:20 AM EDT (US)     11 / 45  
Day 3
Weird happenings. We took a shipyard and one of the defenders was charmed by our satyr. At the end of the battle, the charmed defender was on a different island. Elsewhere, we move slowly.

posted 07-07-03 08:38 PM EDT (US)     12 / 45  
Orcs day 3

The strange magic of the Halflings has affected our fighting ability, that must be it or why would our assassin have fallen to such weak foes?

Our Eagle flies on and the humans have been killed near our home. Many more lie in wait across the waters. We will prepare for them over the next few turns as we expand our vision and control of this land

posted 07-08-03 03:03 AM EDT (US)     13 / 45  
A reasonably successful battle with the humans when we managed to charm their hero on the fourth attempt. We're keeping it slow and steady.

posted 07-08-03 09:10 PM EDT (US)     14 / 45  
Orcs day 4

The highmen 2-hex that had hoped to join the humans has been conquered. Started migrating it to a race that will be more friendly to me. My eagle has been sent off to explore some more ground. So far so good.

posted 07-09-03 02:49 AM EDT (US)     15 / 45  
Did something really stupid in my battle to take the human 3hex. Still took it though.

posted 07-09-03 07:11 PM EDT (US)     16 / 45  
Orcs day 5
We advance on more cities capturing another 1-hex and 2 cities will be bought next turn provided our funds hold out (and the humans don't capture them while we sleep). The extra troops will come in handy as we advance on the humans.
posted 07-10-03 02:48 AM EDT (US)     17 / 45  
Just movin' around in search of gold, mana & allies.

posted 07-10-03 06:07 PM EDT (US)     18 / 45  
Orcs day 6

We had sufficient funds to purchase a nice 1 hex city with 5 troops that we took into the prison. Lost 2 swordsmen and archer but freed the nice frostling hero. Oooh, what a nice flying ability he has.

Other troops are moving to secure more area and prepare for the humans which are not far off.

posted 07-10-03 06:23 PM EDT (US)     19 / 45  
We rescued an azrac hero from prison and were joined by a few miscellaneous units.

posted 07-10-03 07:10 PM EDT (US)     20 / 45  
Orcs day 7

Another glorious day for the orcs. We found a Human elephant doing nothing but waiting for us to kill him. Our flying hero swept into a dungeon and came out with beautiful treasure. We purchased another town and put the troops to work killing indies all over the place. In 3 turns we will be able to launch death, ice, life and poison all over the land (I'm sure it will land on Humans, ha ha ha ha )

posted 07-11-03 02:53 AM EDT (US)     21 / 45  
We had a close-run battle in a monster lair but picked up some nice prizes. Possibly foolishly we moved onto a dungeon but came out of it battered, bruised but with another hero.

All in all a pretty good day.

posted 07-11-03 09:11 AM EDT (US)     22 / 45  
Orcs day 8

Captured another indie 3-hex and killed a wandering human archer. Troops are moving into position to attack the remaining humans on this level. The highman city has completed migrating so troops can now move on the humans.

We will soon conquer this level and begin advancing on the Humans and Halflings above.

posted 07-11-03 09:26 AM EDT (US)     23 / 45  
Delighted to pick up *another* hero in a dungeon ... I like these prisons In fact I like this map ... very busy. Far too many human heroes though.

posted 07-11-03 05:06 PM EDT (US)     24 / 45  
Orcs day 9

We rejoice in our victory over the humans in the frostling 3-hex. We also had victories among other independant towns and expanded our territory even more. Uh oh, our eagle strayed too far from home and died in a silly battle
There are only a few human troops left to conquer on this level. We will begin our preparations to move to the center level and attack the humans. We expect heavy resistance.

posted 07-11-03 05:46 PM EDT (US)     25 / 45  
We were hit by a lightning storm & lost 2 of our heroes All that effort to lose them to something stupid like that.

The humans seem suddenly to be gaining strength and there are 4 or 5 heroes in sight.

posted 07-11-03 06:57 PM EDT (US)     26 / 45  
Orcs day 10

The orc leaders call upon the gods of Poison to drop a nasty cloud on that human city, the inhabitants are suffering. A massive Holy spell was cast to hurt several humans combined with a powerful death spell there were few left standing. The last ice storm came crashing down and my troops swooped down and killed the wounded humans that were left.

Alas, the elves declared war on us and may divert our attention from the humans for a turn or two. They have one strong stack that will have to be dealt with.

posted 07-12-03 05:27 AM EDT (US)     27 / 45  
We rescued a goblin hero who didn't seem very happy to join us so we sent him on a suicide mission to a monster lair. Cheaper than paying him.

Elsewhere just moving around trying to avoid human heroes for now.

posted 07-12-03 09:37 AM EDT (US)     28 / 45  
Orcs day 11

How could they kill our goblin cousin? Thoses Halflings will pay for this. Our anger had been focused against the humans but now we will increase our army production and move our troops to take our revenge.

A few elves were taken care of because of their insults, we see a couple wandering humans down here but little else. Our scouts have ventured into the human lands, let's see what swoops in and attacks them.

posted 07-12-03 10:09 AM EDT (US)     29 / 45  
Apologies for the restart message - think my daughter was fiddling with something while I was out

We killed a human lvl6 hero after blasting him with lightning and now are heading for some crypts to, hopefully, find some treasure. We also took a Highmen 3hex, but have to save up some gold to upgrade.

posted 07-12-03 12:22 PM EDT (US)     30 / 45  
Orcs day 12

We advance on the humans on several fronts. My forces move in to attack the last remaining troops down below. Forces above are moving in to capture two cities that I can buy up above. The added troops will assist me as I storm the desired cities. The elves have withered on the vine and more of them are dead. We cleaned out a nice treasure trove and got some great items. It has been a good day for the Orcs. We hope to see the Halflings soon...

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL-RedMoonBlueMoon (Enginerd vs GillB)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames