You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Island Wars (Enginerd vs Unicorn)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 07-21-03 11:45 PM EDT (US)   
Map: Island Wars

Game 1: Enginerd as Halflings vs Unicorn as Darkelves
Game 2: Unicorn as Halflings vs Enginerd as Darkelves

WL match, leaders off, etc..

Good Luck

Replies:
posted 07-21-03 11:48 PM EDT (US)     1 / 36  
Game 1 Day 1 Halflings

We march forward with our heroes to battle the lizards. They will not be bribed so we battle. We are wounded but victorious. The lizard 4-hex has fallen. Next we will move on the Orcs and then we hope to move our attention across the seas

Game 2 - turn sent

posted 07-22-03 04:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 36  
Game 1 Day 1 Dark Elves

Wandered about grabbing stuff

Game 2 Day 1 Halflings

Wandered about grabbling stuff

Wait a minute! Those other halflings took the lizard 4 hex!! Guess I'd better have a go at it myself.

posted 07-22-03 07:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 36  
Game 1 Day 2 Halflings

Wandering Orcs were killed. Their 2 heroes are hiding in the town, we will attack them tomorrow.

Game 2 Day 1 Dark Elves

We attack the frostlings in the center. They fight valiantly and we suffer losses. That will slow us down in our efforts to kill the elves but the 4-hex has fallen.

posted 07-23-03 02:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 36  
Game 1 Day 2 Dark Elves.

Decided not to be too adventurous and did, er..... nothing!

Game 2 Day 2 Halflings

Decided to be adventurous and took the lizard 4 hex with the sad loss of our scout.

posted 07-23-03 06:33 PM EDT (US)     5 / 36  
Game 1 Day 3 Halflings

The Orcs heroes stayed in the home and were killed with little effort. We find the walls halfway built and will let them stand as we will start migrating next turn. Our troops now move out seeking good things to capture on our island. Lizard troops are being built daily.

Game 2 Day 2 Dark Elves

Our adventurous Dark Elves move out and attack the elves in their 2-hex. A glorious battle ensues. The Elves entangle our fighting hero and the nymph seduces him. Things do not look good. In the mean time our cleric, swimming hero and archer take out their boar-riding hero. We kill the nymph in time to put our hero to work again killing their hero and ranger. The city falls and only one lone elven cleric remains wandering in the woods. Our 2 cities are empty, hopefully the cleric won't take one of them over..

posted 07-25-03 02:05 PM EDT (US)     6 / 36  
Game 1 Day 3 Dark Elves.
Decided to be extremely adventurous and captured a builders guild off two, that's TWO defenders. Actually, one of them is now mine, so we may have enough troops to take the 4 hex next turn.

Game 2 Day 2 Halflings

The orcs take and raze the builders guild for some reason. The humans thus released go on a rampage and kill all the orcs - leaving just the two heros in their 2 hex. so we go on to kill them.

posted 07-25-03 10:32 PM EDT (US)     7 / 36  
Game 1 Halflings day 4

We clear out a dungeon and get some nice treasure. Most of the island is now under our control. We start thinking about preparing forces to move out.

Game 2 Dark Elves day 3

The lone elf cleric has died so the island is now ours, except for a few renegade indies. They will be conquered.

posted 08-03-03 01:10 AM EDT (US)     8 / 36  
Game 1 Halflings day 5

We start to move our Swimming troops out over the seas. Our boat will soon be ready to march forward. Drats! Our lizard archers missed the mark and were defeated in a minor battle.

Game 2 Dark Elves day 4

We move our troops around the island picking up gold, mana and doing little else. We are preparing by building more troops for our future advance into the seas

posted 08-03-03 03:55 PM EDT (US)     9 / 36  
Both games - going slow, I fear too slow! But at least we are making some progress.
posted 08-03-03 08:03 PM EDT (US)     10 / 36  
Game 1 Halflings day 6

Our swimming troops start to venture out on the water while the rest of our troops are waiting for a ship to be built.

Game 2 Dark Elves day 5

We still have a few places left to conquer on our island. We hope to build a boat soon but we're not quite ready to venture out.

posted 08-04-03 06:59 PM EDT (US)     11 / 36  
Game 1 Halflings day 7

We move out on the waters and make peace with the Highmen. They will prove valuable allies when we attack the evil Dark Elves. We kill the guard on a spell tower and are discouraged to find the silly spell "cosmetic surgery"

Game 2 Dark Elves day 6

We explore a nice dungeon and our lady of pain seduces 2 kobalds and 3 darters. The extra troops will soon be put to work, first we must get our boats ready.

posted 08-05-03 12:02 PM EDT (US)     12 / 36  
Latest email bounced, with garbage response of:

"SMTP error from remote mailer after initial connection:
host mailin-02.mx.aol.com [64.12.136.89]: 554-(RLY:B1) The information presently available to AOL indicates this
554-server is generating high volumes of member complaints from AOL's
554-member base. Based on AOL's Unsolicited Bulk E-mail policy at
554-http://www.aol.com/info/bulkemail.html AOL may not accept further
554-e-mail transactions from this server or domain. For more information,
554 please visit http://postmaster.info.aol.com ."

It says this is a permanent error, but a second send seems to have got through.

This wass all more exciting than what actually happened in the turns!

posted 08-06-03 12:13 PM EDT (US)     13 / 36  
Enginerd,

Looks like I can receive emails from you but I cannot send them. I tried some old isp accounts I had lying around but I couldn't get them working, so I can't resend from a different address.

Are you having the same trouble with anyone else? If not, I could try sending to someone else, and asking them to forward on. I'm sure GillB would oblige.

Unicorn

posted 08-06-03 01:45 PM EDT (US)     14 / 36  
I sent you an email, hopefully it gets through.

Try my alternate email address: mjschuck@juno.com

posted 08-06-03 11:55 PM EDT (US)     15 / 36  
Game 1 Halflings day 8

Our boat is ready and we venture out on the waters. We enter into a dungeon not knowing what we'll find. Ugh, a wraith, good thing we had enchant weapon or we'd have been toast.

Game 2 Dark Elves day 7

The homeland is secure and we've healed our troops from the fighting. Our boat will be ready next turn and we will venture out on the waters

posted 08-08-03 05:13 AM EDT (US)     16 / 36  
Game 1

Our Dark elves clear out a monster lair on an island retrieving two valuable items, before retreating in the face of amphibious forces capable of marooning them easily!

Game 2

Our Halfling make ready to go on a cruise, but spot a nasty birdlike creature ready to spoil their plans.

posted 08-08-03 06:48 PM EDT (US)     17 / 36  
Game 1 Halflings day 10

Our forces on the sea march forward into the pyramid and gather more goodies, although they aren't very useful. We advance on the indie elf 4-hex on another island. We bribe our way into their good graces and now the undead and azracs want to kill us. We don't stand a chance if they both attack.

Game 2 Dark Elves day 9

We attack the Highmen and take their 2-hex, the indie Dark Elf 4-hex was bribed and the troops moved out to attack. The highmen fought back and killed many. Our heroes will kill the rest of the highmen next turn we think. We laugh at the Halflings running into their burrows too afraid to get their furry feet wet.

posted 08-08-03 08:59 PM EDT (US)     18 / 36  
Game 1 Halflings day 11

Reinforcements are on the way for a massive invasion. We'll see what the dark elves think of it. We did kill one of their nasty penguins and a boat too. They're stuck on their island for now.

Game 2 Dark Elves day 10

Sneaky Halflings killed my empty boat and stranded me on the Highman island. We killed the last remaining highman and the frostlings want war too. Maybe we can appease them. My dragon boat is coming to cause problems for the Halflings. Let's see what they think of this new threat.

posted 08-09-03 05:42 AM EDT (US)     19 / 36  
Game 1 Dark Elves.

Another penguin waddles out and kills the lizard archer his friend wounded yesterday.

Our hero venture forth and kills another interloper.

Not much else we can do except wait for the onslaught.

Game 2 Halflings

We decide to risk the loss of our transport in an attempt at reducing the oncoming reinforcemnts. Forgetting that those sitting in their own boat will join the defence. In the end, it went quite well.

posted 08-09-03 08:25 AM EDT (US)     20 / 36  
Game 1 Halflings day 12

We send in a lone lizard the the dark elves took the bait. It worked so well they left the 2 hex wide open. We then bring in our troops and attack strategically and only have to face one hero this time. I lost my gold medal pony rider but both my heroes are standing.

Game 2 Dark Elves day 11

An attack on my low level troops did not go well. That will slow me down. However, the Halflings will pay. We send in our dragon ship to attack his transport, an easy battle. And lucky for us his swimming hero was in an adjacent hex. The hero fought well but the dragon ship's javelins were too much. One hero down.

posted 08-09-03 09:51 AM EDT (US)     21 / 36  
Dark Elves take on a risky battle and fail to do any significant damage.

Halflings go down below and take on an even riskier battle v independents which goes badly.

So both games are now only likely to go one way, unless a miracle occurs!

posted 08-09-03 02:35 PM EDT (US)     22 / 36  
Game 1 Halflings day 13

The Dark Elves attack with what they have left and do not survive. My reinforcements arrive and move to take out the rest of the isolated troops. The vacated Dark Elf capital raises the white flag and surrenders with no armies to defend it. Good game.

Game 2 Dark Elves day 12

Having stranded the Halfling hero on the center island we wonder what has become of him. We will send our scouts down below before too long. First we invade the halfling homeland and capture the 2-hex. We mount another attack against the frostlings, they are being so troublesome. We will hold them at bay for now. Another dragon boat will be ready next turn to carry more reinforcements across the waters.

posted 08-09-03 03:55 PM EDT (US)     23 / 36  
Game 1 - Congratulations! Short, but virulent.

Game 2 - Just managed to make it to the city with the main invasion force in it. A bloodthirsty battle ensues!

posted 08-09-03 06:31 PM EDT (US)     24 / 36  
Game 2 Dark Elves day 13

Unfortunately we do not prevail in the bloody battle in the halfling homeland . The frostlings have pulled out all their forces to cause problems too and the dragon boat I thought would be ready is still one turn away. We pull back to regroup and gather reinforcements for our next invasion.

posted 08-10-03 07:04 AM EDT (US)     25 / 36  
Still persevering! Not much action apart from taking a node.
posted 08-10-03 07:43 PM EDT (US)     26 / 36  
Game 2 Dark Elves day 14

Some mysterious magic from the Halflings suddenly caused 4 valiant armies to disappear. We must put an end to this halfling bug out there.

Our battle with the frostlings continue, we killed 3 more of them but their heroes are holed up doing nothing. My new hero that joined us has started out on the waters and gained new treasures in a dungeon. The Boats are moving around trying to get troops to needed places, namely the halfling land

posted 08-11-03 06:39 PM EDT (US)     27 / 36  
Dark Elves with a frog hero? Well, that should make up for the loss of a few piffling units!

We roast a penguin using the wood from it's transport ship.

Not much else.

posted 08-11-03 09:04 PM EDT (US)     28 / 36  
Dark Elves day 15

Our new hero with his nice dragon boat is making fine progress. He finds many halflings troops on the center island just waiting to be introduced to our arrows. Their hero falls and fought valiantly as we suffer some losses but in the end we stand victorious. We wonder if there are other halflings troops nearby that will attack in the night. We'll see what happens.

posted 08-12-03 06:53 PM EDT (US)     29 / 36  
Dark Elves day 16

Well we found one halfling cleric down below, don't know how many more are down there with him. Our troops are making preparations to move again. The frostlings are also moving, ready to attack me.

posted 08-13-03 04:41 PM EDT (US)     30 / 36  
Trying to put the appropriate forces together in the right place.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Island Wars (Enginerd vs Unicorn)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames