You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL I Takes More!! (Arctic Wolf vs Enginerd)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 08-30-03 01:48 PM EDT (US)   
New Wizard's Ladder Game

I hope this is set up right!

House Rules! No Flying ships!

Turn Order:

Azracs: Arcticwolf (Tundraiwolf@Aol.com)
Frostlings: Enginerd (Sergingmom@Aol.com)

Replies:
posted 08-30-03 01:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 96  
Day 1 (Princess Shira)

Expanded Empire!
Turn sent!

(I shall keep logs vague so as not to spoil the Blind Challenge)

posted 08-30-03 08:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 96  
Frostlings day 1

Need more money, I takes more mines. Need to see, I takes more towers. I likes spells, need more mana, where is more mana, no see mana

(is that vague enough?)

posted 08-30-03 09:14 PM EDT (US)     3 / 96  
Day 2

Empire Expansion continues.

posted 08-31-03 00:58 AM EDT (US)     4 / 96  
Frostlings day 2

I sees more cities, I wants more cities, I takes more cities, I kill things that gets in my way.

posted 08-31-03 02:47 AM EDT (US)     5 / 96  
Day 3

Setbacks today! But I got another city. Also had to be pleased that opponents new hero is gone! How did you manage to find her, she looked like she could have been a game breaker!

[This message has been edited by Arctic Wolf (edited 08-31-2003 @ 02:47 AM).]

posted 08-31-03 05:45 PM EDT (US)     6 / 96  
Restarted because I noticed a problem with the map. Foolishly I set up a previous version which was missing some key elements.

Anyway Day 1 for Princess Shira.

For the second time no heroe wished to join me. Funny how in playtesting Heroes join every race on turn 1, but when its for real no hero joins me. Expanded my empire! Turn Sent.

posted 08-31-03 07:37 PM EDT (US)     7 / 96  
Frostlings day 1

I wants hero again, I takes new hero again, I takes what I wants like before.

posted 08-31-03 08:54 PM EDT (US)     8 / 96  
Day 2.

Still on the same pace as last time! I hopes you lose your hero, because I didn't get one!

posted 08-31-03 11:21 PM EDT (US)     9 / 96  
Frostlings day 2

I wants to kill giant, I tries to kill giant, giant not wants to be killed, hero makes giant happy and dies, tundra tom is sad

posted 08-31-03 11:44 PM EDT (US)     10 / 96  
Day 3

Added one city to my empire! Found another Mine! Need Mana desparately. Happy to see my enemies are having difficulty. Now to figure out why the AI never brought me a hero, but everyone else got one. Oh well, saved me money I guess.

posted 09-01-03 00:01 AM EDT (US)     11 / 96  
Frostling day 3

I wants more armies, I don't takes more I makes more armies, armies need food, I takes more farms

posted 09-01-03 01:40 AM EDT (US)     12 / 96  
I am slowly expanding. Sent my first troops underground!

Nice city nearby with an unfortunately strong Executioner! I'll leave him alone for a while. Some of my troops became slug food.

posted 09-01-03 12:27 PM EDT (US)     13 / 96  
Frostlings day 4

I wants more lands, I makes peace with silly humans and halflings for now, I takes more lands later. I takes life of giant, stupid giant. Must makes more troops, must find mana

posted 09-01-03 10:05 PM EDT (US)     14 / 96  
Day 5

I got extremely lucky. Lost half my troops which were sent underground, but could easily have lost all of them.

Don't know what to do about the Executioner guarding the city near my base, Executioners have a way of not dieing easily! Bought a town of slippery allies, and still no heroes have asked to join me. Noticed in the blind game that the azrac was given a hero first turn like he was supposed to. Hmmm. I think I have gremlins in my computor.

[This message has been edited by Arctic Wolf (edited 09-01-2003 @ 10:55 PM).]

posted 09-05-03 08:11 PM EDT (US)     15 / 96  
Frostlings day 5

I wants to explore, I takes trip in cave, nasty fire dogs. I don't lets nasty fire dogs takes half my armies, I takes their lives.

posted 09-05-03 10:11 PM EDT (US)     16 / 96  
The Frostling Leader is lucky with big Horseshoes up his butt! He gets nasty fire guys, while I gets unhappy spirit puppet guys, and super nasty Shadow guy!

Oh well, I found some mana, and soon will find more.

posted 09-05-03 10:31 PM EDT (US)     17 / 96  
Frostlings day 6

I wants more farms and cities, I takes more farms and cities, I kills gobbos they no wants to joins me. I wants mana, I finds mana, nice penguin takes more mana. I likes magic spyglass water, I sees enemies lands, I wants enemies lands, I must find way to takes enemies lands, I likes cold must kill fire people.

posted 09-05-03 10:40 PM EDT (US)     18 / 96  
Day 7

I see the Frostling leader finally admits to spying upon our lands and covetting them. Now he wages an unjust war upon the fire peoples. I have no choive but to abandon the peace I love and must prepare for war lest the cold consume my beloved deserts.

Curse you Tundrai Tom! Curse you to the depths of Sheol! I shall Prevail!!

(How's that for high drama?)

posted 09-05-03 10:49 PM EDT (US)     19 / 96  
Frostlings day 7

The fire people's curse ran straight through Tom's bones. Their magic is strong. Tundrai Tom was just about to land the deathblow on a boar when he vanished, our wise cleric says his spirit now resides in Sheol. We, the survivors of the cold-dwellers will seek out our revenge against the fire people.

posted 09-05-03 11:12 PM EDT (US)     20 / 96  
Day 8

I am awed and humbled at the great power my curse unleashed!

Beware Frost Peolpes! You are now leaderless and adrift! Now my fire shall wound your very spirit and my curse shall be as a yoke upon your hearts! Surrender your lands to me else my fire shall burn your very souls!!

posted 09-05-03 11:26 PM EDT (US)     21 / 96  
Frostlings day 8

We go in search of friendly forces, some go out over the waters, others go underground, and the rest through the forests. We will prepare for the fire folk and their evil magic.

posted 09-05-03 11:45 PM EDT (US)     22 / 96  
Day 9

Our forces fought great victories today and added to our holdings.

We see the Frost Cities empty and adrift! Soon we will take to the tunnels and rid our world of their wretched presence. Unless they abandon the cursed water magic! For it has been foretold..."The fire shall rise from the depths and the water shall dissolve to the air". Fire is mightier than water.

posted 09-06-03 00:03 AM EDT (US)     23 / 96  
Frostlings day 9

There is much of our territory the fire folk cannot see. We have many armies and have a nice foothold in the underground. Soon we will advance through the tunnels and on the sea. The mighty cold will quench the fires of our enemies.

posted 09-06-03 08:55 AM EDT (US)     24 / 96  
Frostlings day 10

We go in search of a new hero but there is none that wants to join. All must be afraid of the fire folk curse, maybe it still lingers in the air. We must do it the hard way, a prison is nearby, let the armies advance..

posted 09-06-03 10:39 AM EDT (US)     25 / 96  
Day 11

The Frosty Ones have a strange resilliance, defying the odds that have been pitted against them. Though all their spellcasters have been lain waste, still they forge on. Now they face the ultimate test! For within their realm lies a prison, set their by the Azracs long ago. One Fire Mage who abadonned the fire and embraced the water was imprisoned in the time of my forefathers. Samson!! If the Cold Ones succeed in freeing Samson, they too shall possess the secret of the AZRAC CURSE!!

Now I stand and summon a great wind to carry my words.

Curse you the Frost Peolples!!

Let your efforts be in vain! Let Samson rot in the Prison in which he has been set! Lest he leads your entire nation to the Shores of Sheol!!!

You have been warned!!

[This message has been edited by Arctic Wolf (edited 09-06-2003 @ 11:30 AM).]

posted 09-06-03 12:31 PM EDT (US)     26 / 96  
Frostling day 11

Those foul fire curses . We enter the prison to attack, our archers launch their arrows left and right, our cleric blast out the frost bolts, little damage is done to the executioner. We manage to kill the first but cannot run away fast enough before the second one kills us all. We will return but will need more help.

Fortunately Faruk, a mighty human hero, has joined our cause. He has seen the evil ways of the fire folk and is more than willing to help us on our quest. He has no desire for magic which is good because mana is hard to come by. He will join up with our frostling troops and advance.

posted 09-06-03 08:40 PM EDT (US)     27 / 96  
Where do the Frosted Ones find these dupes to serve them! Now Faruk, a misguided Human has joined the cause of Ice and water! Though his own race is at peace with us, he chooses war! I shall wait! my next curse will be my mightiest!
posted 09-06-03 10:05 PM EDT (US)     28 / 96  
Frostlings day 12

We move onward moving our troops underground and above ground. Those darned wandering monsters keep killing my penguin scouts. I can't seem to keep them alive. The air is warming up, another curse must be coming our way.

posted 09-06-03 10:54 PM EDT (US)     29 / 96  
Day 13

An Unlucky day!

If you are an enemy of mine that is! I have taken over most of the underground near my realm! Upgrades will begin in key cities! It is now close to the time to deal with a certain prison, and a certain executioner!

posted 09-07-03 12:28 PM EDT (US)     30 / 96  
Day 14

Rumours! Our scouts tell us the Frost peoples may be stronger than we suspect! They have freed Samson from his prison but have found out why he was imprisoned in the first place! The man is mad! Embracing the water magic has unbalaced his mind! Let the Frost peoples try to tame him! They may find the Azrac curse to be more than they can handle!

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL I Takes More!! (Arctic Wolf vs Enginerd)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames