Exploration ON
Allied Victory ON

Frostlings & Elves - Sprout
Orcs & Lizards - Species

[This message has been edited by Species8471 (edited 10-15-2003 @ 01:15 AM).]

Replies:
posted 10-14-03 01:53 AM EDT (US)     1 / 37  
Frostlings and Elves - Day 1:

Our starting situation is not the greatest, but we press onward...searching for the mana and gold we will need to secure this region against the Orcs and Lizards.

Turn sent.

posted 10-15-03 01:16 AM EDT (US)     2 / 37  
Day 1 -

So many resources, so few units. We're doing our best.

posted 10-15-03 08:42 AM EDT (US)     3 / 37  
Frostlings and Elves - Day 2:

One of our main units is out of action following a foolish move on my part. Otherwise, we just take what is available without a fight.

Turn sent.

posted 10-16-03 08:01 PM EDT (US)     4 / 37  
Day 2 - Another uneventful day. Turn sent.
posted 10-17-03 00:38 AM EDT (US)     5 / 37  
Frostlings and Elves - Day 3:

We continue to push forward. A few scouts took and razed a city today...otherwise waiting for the curse to run its course on one of our heroes

Turn sent.

posted 10-25-03 00:36 AM EDT (US)     6 / 37  
Day 3 - Didn't realize that Elves could reach our cities so fast on this map. Was barely able to reach the responsible party. I'm afraid the damage has been done though. turn sent
posted 10-25-03 02:07 AM EDT (US)     7 / 37  
Day 4:

Indeed, pooling the gold of both our races to recruit the dwarves to our side allowed us to raze that lizard 3 hex. A shame we lost all the dwarves in the lizards counter-attack...but it was expected.

Did very little as we build up our armies and prepare for the onslaught.

Turn sent.

posted 10-25-03 07:17 PM EDT (US)     8 / 37  
Day 4 - We picked up some items and sent our scouts into the unknown. Unfortunately we didn't have enough units left to attack the Elves. turn sent
posted 10-25-03 09:31 PM EDT (US)     9 / 37  
Day 5

We miscalculated - we fear what the night will bring

Turn sent.

posted 10-25-03 10:05 PM EDT (US)     10 / 37  
Day 5 - ...and the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiight!

*ahem* I mean, 2 Bombers, 2 Darters, 2 Archers, 2 LoP, 2 Cavalry and their leader come in the night. The first wave performs quite stupidly, but the second cleans up.

posted 10-25-03 11:39 PM EDT (US)     11 / 37  
Day 6 -

The frostling race through the teleporter to avenge their leader! They go through and prepare to raze the teleporter...then...well...um...forget They attack the orcs and do fairly well, although we lose eight and did not manage to kill the orc hero

All in all, a rather sad turn.

Turn sent.

posted 10-26-03 01:12 PM EDT (US)     12 / 37  
Day 6 - Even if things didn't work out the way they hoped, I think the Frostlings were lucky to do that much damage before I could increase my hero's defense. If they have any troops to follow up that attack with, they might get lucky. Otherwise their bad luck is probably going to continue. We're also tracking the movement of the main Elf army. Which way are they going to go? turn sent
posted 10-26-03 10:58 PM EDT (US)     13 / 37  
Elves/Frostlings -

We toy with the idea of attacking the Orc hero, but feel that another lost battle and we are finished.

The main elven force retreats a little to cover the dwarven 3 hex...the swimming lizards are going to prove quite a problem

Turn sent.

posted 10-27-03 06:18 PM EDT (US)     14 / 37  
Day 7 - Hmmm...I haven't done anything that dumb in a while. (I'm sure you'll be relieved to know it's not something that's likely to affect the outcome of the game ...not if those swimmin' Lizards and fightin' Orcs do their thing without too many more problems...)
posted 10-27-03 11:12 PM EDT (US)     15 / 37  
Day 8 -

Our enemy is confident...and well...they should be

We have little left now.

Turn sent.

posted 10-28-03 05:24 PM EDT (US)     16 / 37  
Day 8 - The Orc hero, barely hanging on after a disastrous day 7 attack on the Elf 3 Hexer, managed to clear out the city. Some Elves had popped in unexpectedly and were way too close to buying it. So it's possible his failure to capture it last turn did nearly tip the balance in that region after all.

In other news, them sailin' Lizards are the scourge of the Elvish coast. Avast! turn sent Disclaimer: we have no idea what "avast" means, we just like the pirateering lifestyle

posted 10-29-03 00:14 AM EDT (US)     17 / 37  
Can not seem to catch a break this game...every chance turns out to go against us...we are now heroless and hopeless.
posted 10-30-03 02:21 AM EDT (US)     18 / 37  
Day 9 - Not much happening today except regrouping.

I don't entirely agree with your assessment. It wasn't chance that your forces were divided, or that the Lizards were mobile enough to pick them off (in one case it seemed that they were baited by a single archer). We were lucky to avoid casualties against the hero, but you had similar luck on day 9, killing my best unit with 1 shot. The Frostlings have had some bad luck though.

posted 10-30-03 10:12 AM EDT (US)     19 / 37  
Not much going on...and yes, I miscounted the hexes that allowed my Elf leader to die. Otherwise, I was hoping to get the 50/50 chance of killing the Orc hero to give us a chance, but failed. It is the way it goes...gamble a bit, take a few chances here and there and when too much goes poorly - well, then one loses
posted 10-30-03 10:23 PM EDT (US)     20 / 37  
Day 10 - We should have finished regrouping, but we tried to rush it, and it turned out worse than I'd feared. Them fightin' Orcs just don't fight like Orcs anymore. How can I put a positive spin on this...the Orcs are going to have more of a challenge now...turn sent.
posted 10-30-03 11:00 PM EDT (US)     21 / 37  
The frostlings muster what they can to challenge the Orcs as best that they can. The Elves continue to struggle against the fast swimming Lizards.
Turn sent.
posted 10-31-03 10:02 PM EDT (US)     22 / 37  
Day 11 - Game crashed during the Lizards' turn, hence they got a restart while the Orcs didn't. Hopefully the Elves are almost gone, but at too high a price (I know this because I had already played the first 2 battles when the crash occurred, and that time I didn't lose ANY units.)
posted 11-01-03 00:43 AM EDT (US)     23 / 37  
Elves - well both of the dwarvish cannons missed (and with an attack of what? 7? - that is rather sad shooting!)...our forces were easily overwhelmed and indeed the Elves are almost dead...sending all their gold and mana to the frostlings.
Frostlings - tried a low percentage attack that failed as predicted...otherwise attempting to regroup.
Turn sent.
posted 11-01-03 01:25 PM EDT (US)     24 / 37  
turn sent

(btw, cannons had a 36% chance of both missing, but all I'm saying is obviously, I inadvertently did something differently the second time, and the result was that I lost 3 frog riders instead of 0.)

posted 11-01-03 02:58 PM EDT (US)     25 / 37  
Frostlings -
Attempting to marshal our forces...one scout has located the Orc capital...another scout found a lizard city that after a little gold greatly increaes our troop strength...then our last scout found the orc ARMY. EEK!! A monsterous troll leads enchanted heavy cavalry...our scouts quake in fear and we kick ourselves for moving those scouts last
Our Elves huddle together for warmth. Ready for our death at the hands of the lizards.

(I was more upset at my stupid move of building cannons...they could have been very effective, I guess, but ended up a complete waste 6 archers probably would have been better than those 2 cannons!)

Turn sent.

posted 11-02-03 02:31 AM EDT (US)     26 / 37  
turn sent
posted 11-02-03 03:36 PM EDT (US)     27 / 37  
Day 14 I think -

Orcs: the Frostlings seem to have marshalled an incredible number of lvl 1 units; there's only so much a troll and a few cavalry can do against that, but I think we'll survive.

Lizards: Cursesssss! Cannonsssss are ssssso ssssslow! Jusssst one more turn!

posted 11-02-03 06:24 PM EDT (US)     28 / 37  
Frostlings -
Advance forces take the Orc capital...indeed in a good change of luck for once, we suffer few losses and even charm 2 of the orc heavy cavalry.
Otherwise, we grab another city, but doubt we will have it for long.
Elves -
Our doom awaits off-shore...but the battle will be close...we have a large number of troops manning the walls. Peharps we will be lucky and the cannon will be destroyed before it shatters the wall...but likely as not, this is the last turn for the Elves

Turn sent.

posted 11-04-03 03:48 AM EDT (US)     29 / 37  
We've dealt with the Elf situation, it seems, for the low price of 1 stack of frog riders (although we were hoping with stone skin we would be able to save some of those.) We turn our attention to the Frostling situation, which admittedly is completely out of control. (we're still not sure how all these hordes of human veterans came out of that one 2-hexer.) P.S. as you may have noticed, with this PC reboots (i.e. restarts) are part of life. Ah well, turn sent
posted 11-04-03 09:06 AM EDT (US)     30 / 37  
Frostlings - with the fall of the Elves, we are forced to take the full force of the war - and thus we push forward. Them heavy cavalry not fightin nearly as well under the new management Our masses of low-level troops are able to take the troll-producing city from the orcs taking out a low level lizard hero as well. I think the Orcs are just about gone...so it is Frostlings vs Lizards now...
Turn sent.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Diplomacy (Sprout vs. Species) Official Challenge
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames