You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL A Cry in the Heartwood Forest (Throngil vs Arctic Wolf)
posted 10-22-03 11:39 PM EDT (US)   
Map: A Cry in the Heartwood Forest

Players:
Throngil as the Goblins vs
Arctic Wolf as the Frostlings

Rules:
This is a friendly, Wizard's ladder game.

Modified house rules apply.
Here are the Modifications:

Absolutely no spells cast on your own machines!
Incarnates can possess as many units per turn as they want. (Personally I think limiting the Incarnates ability to possess makes it a useless unit.)
No disbanding of weak units for hero exp.
No micro-managing your turns in the editor.
Please focus on AI opponents first when possible. Additionally even when facing AI opponents you must wait one turn after quitting an alliance before declaring war, and one turn after declaring war before you can attack!

Because of the last rule, it is best to post when you are breaking alliances, and declaring war on CPU races and opponents!

Good Luck Throngil!! (But lots of bad luck too!)

Replies:
posted 10-23-03 00:04 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8  
Seathe Snowbind of the Frostlings

Day 1: Lots of troops, Two Heroes, a yeti, shaman, and some archers! Take a builders guild, Move my troops out upon the dangerous roads!

Day 2: Independant wolfs retake the builders guild, and two spiders take my capitol! The Yeti dispatches all!
Huge hit to income, I'll be negative by tomorrow! Must find the City of Frost Thistle and estabish competant rule for the frostling Empire! (This will greatly help income as well) Hmm the signs are helpfull!

posted 11-04-03 01:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8  
Day 3 Spiders captured my builders guild.

Day 4 Foolishly left my capitol unprotected and recapyured builders guild. No more captitol.

Day 5 Stated to disband all but my heroes and yetis.

day 6 captured one hex city. Income desperate and yeti unhappy. Send heros to nearby jail, and yeti to look for more income.

Day 7 Freed a Goblin prince! He is really unhappy with no Gold. Sent him to defend one hex city. Ice heroes must heal!

Day 8 Yeti abandons me, Wyvern raises only city and kills Goblin prince.

Day 9 Heroes find builders guild, Gold in distance as well as 4 hex city. Must decide between Gold and four hex tomorrow, $ hex is well defended, but Gold is two days away!

posted 11-10-03 10:08 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8  
Struggling about looking for ways to increase my worth. Manage to conquer a two hex city. Then I seize a Pestilence node! By Day 15 I am knocking on the door to a nice large city.

In PBEM mode this map is a lot tougher than in regular lan mode with simultaneous turns.

posted 11-10-03 10:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8  
Was down to just one hero for most of the game up to this point, but am starting to come back now. Finally took the 4 hex with my hero and a wraith out of a dungeon.

If you've come for a visit, you'd be welcome with fewer, if you've come to take me away, you'll need a lot more.
posted 11-11-03 01:14 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8  
Hmmm....

I have Three Heroes and two cities.

You have three cities and one heroe and a wraith. At this point in the game because the AI is too dumb to use 'enchant weapon' properly the wraith is probably the most powerful unit on the map.

Looks like we have an even battle thus far!

Day 18. My heroes venture below!

posted 11-24-03 08:23 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8  
Day 29

That Darn Yeti that deserted and then proceeded to steal all my resourses is dead!! A mighty cheer rises from the peanut gallery!!

Four brave Heros now serve the Empire of Snow and Ice!! Cities are being rebuilt, and territory is being confiscated. Even the Drow have lost ground to the Cold Empire! Today Zarther fought and dispatched 11 Dwarf soldiers with two cannons. Round attack is a mighty skill when you have 9 def and 7 att!

I have not heard from the Goblins for some time now.. no doubt they are up to no good!!

posted 11-24-03 08:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8  
Nah... getting chopped up by the indies. Lost all our heroes.

If you've come for a visit, you'd be welcome with fewer, if you've come to take me away, you'll need a lot more.
posted 02-04-04 01:20 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8  
Thanks for the game Thorongil!!

I won more by luck than skill. Feel free to challenge me anytime and get your revenge!

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL A Cry in the Heartwood Forest (Throngil vs Arctic Wolf)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames