Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL ArcticClash Unicorn77VsBlacksmith_Tony
posted 11-01-03 06:07 PM EDT (US)   
Logs for the new game between Unicorn77 (Humans) and me (Frostlings).

Game setup and turn 1 sent to the Humans.

Good luck.

Replies:
posted 11-01-03 06:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 28  
Humans wake up in some icy bodies. Where's the air galleys? Never mind. We look at our surroundings and decide what we would like to go shopping for, and what we need to go chopping for. The air node seems rather benign, so we start with that.

Good luck, frosties!

posted 11-01-03 06:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 28  
What a great start!, one of our heroes overthrows a city and takes the new units to a dungeon, only to be wiped out by a horde of undead.

Still hopefully the rest of my heroes can make up for that.

posted 11-02-03 05:38 AM EDT (US)     3 / 28  
Husties

Day 2 is a day for chopping. Income and mana are both now OK. Not sure whether we remembered the lay of the land correctly, but we have a plan! Which hopefully does not involve losing any heros, but you never know.

posted 11-02-03 05:26 PM EDT (US)     4 / 28  
A much better day today. We liberated some Dark Elves from a prison and took two new cities, all for very little loss.
posted 11-02-03 06:15 PM EDT (US)     5 / 28  
Husties

Beavering around trying to complete the obvious initial tasks. We too liberate some dark elves, and take another city to pay for them, without any losses. Although we seem to be rushing back and forth too much.

posted 11-05-03 03:31 PM EDT (US)     6 / 28  
The northwest corner of the map is now secure. After being raided by a couple of bands of wolves we took another city and defeated some lurking independants.
posted 11-05-03 04:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 28  
Southeast... errr.... ditto!
posted 11-11-03 05:01 PM EDT (US)     8 / 28  
Explored a cave, two trolls took a chunk out of my forces inside it though.
posted 11-12-03 02:00 PM EDT (US)     9 / 28  
Hardly any action, just grouping and planning - except for some scouts nosing their way into faraway places!
posted 11-15-03 06:11 PM EDT (US)     10 / 28  
Cpatured a few minor structures, and what is this I see a little Glow heading towards me ?
posted 11-15-03 06:37 PM EDT (US)     11 / 28  
Oh yes! We've wandered across to the centre, to pinch what we can. Can't see any enemies, though.

Some more fighting, exploration and shopping, as usual.

posted 11-15-03 06:48 PM EDT (US)     12 / 28  
Waiting for some more pennies to flow into the treasury.
posted 11-16-03 06:25 AM EDT (US)     13 / 28  
Thats very good news about the pennies, because we have pushed forward in the west and would be a little exposed if those two frostlings came in, bought the city and used the troops to attack our fragmented forces.

We nose around elsewhere.

posted 11-19-03 05:05 PM EDT (US)     14 / 28  
We had enough money to try to do that this turn, but it didn't do too much. Our forces only managed to kill on beetle rider. Falling back on the north eastern front as there is a big nasty stack on its way.
posted 11-19-03 05:31 PM EDT (US)     15 / 28  
That beetle was a sad loss, but we paid the price of rushing headlong forward. But at least we walked into the city without effort.

On the other front, we capture an indy city and start to regroup.

In the middle, we do some secret things.

posted 11-23-03 04:16 PM EDT (US)     16 / 28  
Another city falls to our advance in the west. We win a small skirmish against the Humans, the attack may have been a mistake as we think there are some humans lurking just out of sight.
posted 11-23-03 05:33 PM EDT (US)     17 / 28  
Yes, I think that was a mistake, and quite a costly one, as we can bring 3 of our better heros, an executioner, a cavalier and two archers to the battle. We send a wyvern behind the lines and find no signs of backup so we charge in. Actually, chain lightning against us takes a toll, and both our archers die, but the two heros and support archer don't really stand a chance. And now we have some more useful items!

On the other flank, we edge forward and take a tower.

In the middle, we have pinched some resources on the central island and get out quickly, whilst a penguin army is coming up in support.

posted 11-27-03 02:28 PM EDT (US)     18 / 28  
Oh what a turn, major troubles as a large number of our troops are slaughtered by a yeti in a dungeon. Elsewhere a supposedly even fight turns out to be a crushing defeat, it doesn't seem like we frostlings have all that much left now.
posted 11-27-03 06:39 PM EDT (US)     19 / 28  
Those yetis can be real pains on occasions. Just lost a cavalier in another game - not this one fortunately!

Had to double check which side one that glow battle!

We edge forward on both fronts.

posted 12-02-03 05:02 PM EDT (US)     20 / 28  
Recaptured one of our lost cities but could do much else. Didn't trust my level 1 hero to be able to defeat the nearby glow.
posted 12-02-03 05:27 PM EDT (US)     21 / 28  
Lord Ice Day 11

We tighten the noose ever tighter. We gather 3 swordsman and an archer at the dungeon, and have an exploratory punt to see what's left on guard. Turns out to be just two swordsman which we kill for the loss of one of ours. But we gain some useful prisoners!

posted 12-02-03 05:32 PM EDT (US)     22 / 28  
We head southwards to try and defeat some enemies, however there are far too many of them there so we run away again.
posted 12-02-03 06:44 PM EDT (US)     23 / 28  
Lord Ice Day 12

We soften up the main force with an icy blast then bring in our penguins to join the most mobile of our own main force. The ensuing battle settles the war for sure. A 4 hex producing glows is not enough to resist the force we have left.

posted 12-06-03 05:49 PM EDT (US)     24 / 28  
Killed a single lizard rider, in what may have been our only victory against the humans in the entire game.
posted 12-06-03 06:21 PM EDT (US)     25 / 28  
I guess tomorrow will see the fall of the 4 hex and maybe we can get the glow too...
posted 12-09-03 05:09 PM EDT (US)     26 / 28  
My lonely glow takes out a penguin in a last act of defiance.
posted 12-10-03 03:01 PM EDT (US)     27 / 28  
Our two floating heros and wyvern rider catch up with the glow - the map is now all ours!

Thanks for the game - everything went right for me in this one, pretty much.

posted 12-13-03 12:07 PM EDT (US)     28 / 28  
Congratulations (again ), that was certainly a bad game for me starting with losing most of my heroes early on and losing about 10 units in a dungeon thanks to a stupid yeti.

Anyway thanks for the game.

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL ArcticClash Unicorn77VsBlacksmith_Tony
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames