You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: I Takes More -FFA(AWvsEngvsZsabervsThrongvsSpout)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 02-15-04 02:26 PM EDT (US)   
Once Again we revist this map, this time in a FFA Battle royal. I have taken the liberty of assigning races to five paticipants as follows:

1) Goblins - Arctic Wolf (Tundraiwolf@aol.com) spell = chain lightning
2) Azracs - Enginerd (mjschuck@fidnet.com) spell = healing water
3) Humans - Zsaber (zhengzjm@earthlink.net) spell=bless
4) Frostlings - Thorongil (joseph.brooks@asbury.edu) spell = stone skin
5) Halflings - Sprout (speicher@wueconc.wustl.edu)spell=haste

The map has been sent to each particpant. Each race has been given three spheres but must choose 4 others. As well each leader is allowed to instruct the wizards at the nearby tower to research one spell.

I would advise each of you to examine the map carefully. Advise me of any potential problems. Changes made based upon correspondance thus far are:

a) Koddo Tyke has magic bolts removed and has been given he item, Sprout's Holy Bolter!
b) Empress Reba has lost her musket but found the item Z's Saber which gives magic bolts anf plus 1 to resistance.
c) All items giving Charm, Dominate, and Seduce have been removed...I hope.
d) All heroes with such abilities have lost them.

The Rulz!

Normal House rulz apply for free for all play with the following exceptions:

i) You must wait one turn after declaring war, prior to attacking, if you were at peace previously.

ii) The use of the spells "Warp Party, and Town Gate" are prohibitted. (Way too cheap!)

iii) It is permitted to cast any spell upon a machine. (I.e flying ships and land crawling boats are permitted.)

1V) If perhaps an item giving seduce.. Charm.. or dominate was inadvertantly left in the map. They must not be used!!

[This message has been edited by Arctic Wolf (edited 02-18-2004 @ 01:36 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02-15-04 09:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 126  
Spheres of Power!!

1) Arctic Wolf - 3 death; 2 earth; 2 water
2) Enginerd - 3 Fire; 2 life; 2 earth
3) Zsaber - 3 Water; 2 death; 2 earth
4) Thorongil - 3 air; 3 water; 1 death
5) Sprout - 3 Earth; 3 water; 1 life

[This message has been edited by Arctic Wolf (edited 02-15-2004 @ 10:16 PM).]

posted 02-15-04 10:18 PM EDT (US)     2 / 126  
If no one objects I'll register this as a ladder game!
posted 02-15-04 11:00 PM EDT (US)     3 / 126  
I think there are two more heros with charm ability in the dungeon of the halfling and frostling island.
posted 02-15-04 11:52 PM EDT (US)     4 / 126  
A Glorious Start! Exept that ever time when I playtest this game i get a hero to join on the first turn. Everytime I play it for real, no hero. Darn!

To Zsaber...

They were given different abilities!

[This message has been edited by Arctic Wolf (edited 02-15-2004 @ 11:53 PM).]

posted 02-16-04 10:09 PM EDT (US)     5 / 126  
Azracs day 1

We advance and do very little except wait for the wandering monsters to attack before we capture some nice locations. We however have great luck as a nice hero decides to join our cause.

posted 02-16-04 11:50 PM EDT (US)     6 / 126  
Humans

A horrid shout came from the capital of the human empire

- Where? Where? Where is my musket, my heirloom from my long lost father?

- Your majestive, you lost it in the banquet you attended yesterday. But we found a wand left by a old wizard who passed by couple days ago.

- What? lost it? how could that be true.

Refusing to admit her imprudence, she takes the wand and shake vigorously saying

- It's a bit rusty, can this thing still shoot?

turn sent

Question: what does an use item having added attribute namely att, def, dmg and res, do if it really doesn't add to the hero stat who possess it?

[This message has been edited by Zsaber81 (edited 02-16-2004 @ 11:51 PM).]

posted 02-17-04 09:57 AM EDT (US)     7 / 126  
Not too much happened...just normal moving out to see what's out there.

Turn sent to Sprout

If you've come for a visit, you'd be welcome with fewer, if you've come to take me away, you'll need a lot more.
posted 02-18-04 00:15 AM EDT (US)     8 / 126  
Halflings - Day 1

We accept the services of a new hero! Then we look and realize that she (although level 3) is less skilled than a level 1 hero... Well, after that waste of money, we took out our frustrations on some passing beasts.

Turn sent.

posted 02-18-04 01:18 AM EDT (US)     9 / 126  
Ahh! Poetic justice perhaps is served. Whenever I play this map in PBEM, No heroes ever join me. I believe everyone got a nice hero on day one...exept me. It is fitting that some are displeased with their heroes. My only comment in this forum is that if the said hero really is that bad of a deal,... then maybe the rest of us stand a chance!!

Any bad luck for the Halfpints is good luck for the Goblins. The Halfpint leader has a knack for badluck on my maps so I would advise any who wish to defeat him in ladder play to choose a genuine Arctic Wolf map to be sure you have the advantage.

The Goblins gobble up a nice city and use the inexpensiveness of our troops to begin the building of a mighty army.

[This message has been edited by Arctic Wolf (edited 02-18-2004 @ 01:34 AM).]

posted 02-18-04 01:38 AM EDT (US)     10 / 126  
NOTE to everyone. It seems as though two items giving dominate were left in the map by accident. If such items are retrieved from a lair or dungeon et cetera you must leave them where you find them!!
posted 02-18-04 01:40 AM EDT (US)     11 / 126  
Note to Zsaber: Tough break with the item claiming it ups your resistance and then it actually not doing so. I have no idea why it worked that way, but the Goblins again are happy for the misfortune of others.
posted 02-18-04 06:52 PM EDT (US)     12 / 126  
Azracs

So far so bad, wandering monsters do more damage than expected and battles go poorly as well. We expect to be attacked by more wandering monsters in the night.

posted 02-19-04 07:43 PM EDT (US)     13 / 126  
Now this totally bites! I move all my troops up to take a farm, and rest for the night. I'm not worried. Seathe the mad is a great hero and Arctic Wolf is a wondrous leader. Then whiles we are sleeping three teensy weensy spiders creep up and kill everyone except Seathe and a rider who has to run and hide. Morning we lick our wounds.... Hmmm taste good. Lick some more mmmm! While we digest the situation we realize our plight is dire! No extra hero joins the goblins. Our troops are in dissarray. At least we kill the nasty spiders!
posted 02-20-04 08:30 PM EDT (US)     14 / 126  
Azracs,

Once again, our mighty forces can't seem to do anything good in TC, guess I'll have to hope they do better when attacked by wandering beasts in the night.

posted 02-21-04 01:19 AM EDT (US)     15 / 126  
humans - day 3

yup gotta say the tc really stunk us. Thankful no real casuality yet but it sure put a lot of burden on our shamans. Hopefully our heros will learn how to fight better tomorrow.

turn sent

posted 02-28-04 05:30 PM EDT (US)     16 / 126  
Throngil do you have the turn?
posted 02-29-04 09:12 PM EDT (US)     17 / 126  
Halflings

The night brings raiders that attack...but our small army holds on. The day brings a foolish attack - the good news is that we have a halfling swordsman who is gold medal now

Turn sent.

posted 03-01-04 00:10 AM EDT (US)     18 / 126  
nasty beastys eat all our army including a hero in the night...arctic wolf why do you put so many dastardly indie creeps on your maps?

If you've come for a visit, you'd be welcome with fewer, if you've come to take me away, you'll need a lot more.
posted 03-01-04 12:57 PM EDT (US)     19 / 126  
To Throngil

The most difficult stack of indies in the whole map is two doombats with underground concealment. Other stacks include three boars, five wolfs, and maybe a luker here and there.

I do not consider any of these stacks particularily difficult. In fact five archers can take out any stack I have created with minimal casualties. Since the map is not blind, I sincerely believed that each of us would properly prepare our troops for the fight we face. If this is not the case please accept my apology. Of course any bad luck happened upon by the Frostlings is considered good luck by the Goblins.

The main reason to create the stacks is to ensure that you have a challenging time right from the get go. You are forced to make resource decisions and tough choices. Personally I find this much more fun than whomping on the AI.

posted 03-03-04 10:00 PM EDT (US)     20 / 126  
Azracs day 4

So few troops so little action. We do move our troops around a bit and finally uncover that nice pond that let's us see what everyone is doing

posted 03-04-04 12:51 PM EDT (US)     21 / 126  
Halflings

If you uncovered your little pond, then you can see that we are doing nothing

Strapped for gold, we lose yet more troops today. Our respect for the lurkers, wolves and boars is the reason we have not ventured from our starting city to conquer our island yet...must build up a force of slingers first...

Turn sent.

posted 03-04-04 07:59 PM EDT (US)     22 / 126  
Azracs

We continue our efforts to conquer new territory. Now if we could just get past all those underground beasts

posted 03-05-04 01:14 AM EDT (US)     23 / 126  
Humans - day 5

Our surface is pretty plain too. now that we've almost taken care of some underground business, maybe we can pay a visit to all those wild animals out there.

turn sent

posted 03-06-04 03:15 PM EDT (US)     24 / 126  
Azracs

So nice to see that first halfling enter the above ground. We are sure they've been busy underground lately. We too are trying to get underground, forces there aren't cooperating, next turn we will conquer the nasty wandering beasts.

posted 03-07-04 03:23 AM EDT (US)     25 / 126  
Humans - day 6

We are wondering on the surface waiting for the indy forces to attack us. We are still poor with little gold and practically no mana.

turn sent

posted 03-08-04 11:41 PM EDT (US)     26 / 126  
Halflings

Starting to probe around the surface...nothing major yet.

Turn sent.

posted 03-10-04 10:43 PM EDT (US)     27 / 126  
Azracs

We continue to have fun above and below ground.

posted 03-10-04 11:17 PM EDT (US)     28 / 126  
Humans - day 7

We have secured underground, now we are wondering how everyone else is progressing.

turn sent

posted 03-10-04 11:57 PM EDT (US)     29 / 126  
Driven out of our homeland by the indies, we find friends elsewhere. And enemies? We wonder...

TS

posted 03-12-04 02:03 PM EDT (US)     30 / 126  
Progressing? Let us just say that the Goblins face challenges.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » I Takes More -FFA(AWvsEngvsZsabervsThrongvsSpout)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames