You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Hex of Death LH (Sprout vs Enginerd)
posted 02-22-04 10:05 PM EDT (US)   
Eriksson's most excellent map Hexagon of Death with very minor modifications for Lighthawks play

Sprout as Azracs
vs
Enginerd as Frostlings

[This message has been edited by enginerd (edited 02-27-2004 @ 07:41 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02-25-04 10:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 19  
Frostlings day 1-2

We advance into the unknown and discover friendly cities. Our hereos will need some time to develop their strength, but we venture forth on our great objective, to squish our enemies and claim this land as our own.

posted 02-26-04 00:21 AM EDT (US)     2 / 19  
Azarcs - Day 1 - 3 Report

Somehow we have managed to not lose any of our precious heroes or troops...although with the 1 defense, our heroes are not exactly stallions out there!

We scrapped together the gold and bought a 2 hex and a 4 hex city. They have provided some much needed support. The need for healing has encouraged our 4 hex city to start installing priests, while our starting 3 hex city forgoes a 2nd level unit and is installing some scorpions.

posted 02-27-04 07:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 19  
Frostlings day 3

Well, our mighty spellcasting wimp falls to two arrows. The bum only had 5 hp so that's the breaks. At least we capture the centaur's guild. We have no money after buying the 4-hex so we can't even think about installing anything. At least wolves are good at helping me explore dungeons.

posted 03-01-04 10:59 PM EDT (US)     4 / 19  
Frostlings

Still wishing our hereos could be counted on to do something good

posted 03-01-04 11:37 PM EDT (US)     5 / 19  
Azarcs

Explored a dungeon today...the evil wizard killed our sworsman, but we now have two more weapons...if only we could wield one in each hand!

Actually, two of the weapons we have give strike in addition to magic strike, so they are helpful for our spellcaster. In fact he actually was the one to deliver the killing blow on the evil wizard. All four of our heroes are doing fine...although Anshar is still wandering around doing little waiting for that curse to wear off...

posted 03-02-04 09:26 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19  
Frostlings

Cleared our more dungeons and the treasure is now appearing to be quite useful. Between 2 heroes I can boast of a very nice suit of armor, shield, helm, ring (with 1def and other goodies) and a weapon. I won't complain about that silly ankh, now I just have to get all those items into my best hero, buy the stone skin spell from the tower and my formerly 1 def hero will not be so ugly looking. I think I can get the items combined in time to see my first centaur come out of the nice building. Hopefully the undead won't attack.

posted 03-03-04 11:09 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19  
Frostlings

We gain a couple more small cities but the real battles are still at our front.

posted 03-04-04 09:39 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19  
Frostlings

We continue to do well in our battles now that we know our heroes stink and need support. We also buy the nice stone skin spell, that should help a little bit.

posted 03-04-04 10:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19  
Over the past two days we managed to lose 2 heroes Things not progressing as we hoped!
posted 03-04-04 10:27 PM EDT (US)     10 / 19  
Frostlings

At least our wolves move well over the lands. As our mighty wolf (yeah right) investigates the Lizard lands we see the Azracs have wiped them out, their two remaining heroes are resting from all the fun they've had. I wish I could have a lvl 2 hero with 6 defense, oh and 40 movement is quite impressive too. My lvl 3 hero with 6 hp has a defense of 4, we're quite pleased at that.

posted 03-04-04 11:08 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19  
Frostlings day 10

We are pleased that the azracs lose another 3 heroes, this time it was when they decided to attack us and failed With all the new artifacts we beef up our hero and protect him with a nice stack that will grow with our new lizard troops, so nice to have an empty city to take over.

Now we just can't get over confident and blow it (like we've done in the past).

posted 03-05-04 06:29 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19  
Frostlings day 13

After the several battles between us we see that the Azracs had a mighty army. We will try and contain the lizard force underground but may not be able to as our hero stacks press forward into the azrac homeland. Soon we will storm their cities (we hope).

posted 03-06-04 09:31 AM EDT (US)     13 / 19  
Frostlings

Our forces defend well as we push back yet another azrac advance. We are glad to see all those scorpions die, they can be quite tough and yes always nice to see their hero fall. We believe they have only one left, but he is well protected, for now....

posted 03-06-04 11:47 AM EDT (US)     14 / 19  
Frostlings

The azracs attack as planned and the battle goes well even though we lost. They were left with only a wounded shaman and swordsman, bye bye to their hero. It was nice to seduce the swordsman, he'll fight well on our side now.

The humans suffer at our hands as three of their heroes fall to our mighty archers and frostling shamans. It seems we have the ability to freeze just about anything we look at

Now for the final assault on the underground azrac and lizard lands, we wonder what dangers lurk beneath the ground.

posted 03-06-04 03:10 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19  
Frostlings

We are regrouping this turn, bringing up our reinforcements and preparing to go underground. It appears there is quite a force in the azrac lands to be dealt with. We hope to survive if they decide to attack. Pesky humans and undead must be dealt with first.

posted 03-09-04 01:51 AM EDT (US)     16 / 19  
Sigh...nothing going right...seems the frostling shaman can freeze anything in sight, while my azarc priests die against anything...

Our last hope is nearly gone now...

posted 03-10-04 11:17 PM EDT (US)     17 / 19  
Frostlings

We wonder what surprise the azracs have underground. Our hero is mighty so we decide to give it a try.....

All those nasty clerics are pretty tough but our 2 mighty heroes survive and with our high defense we take out the other support troops nearby. We can't imagine the azracs have much left after defeating 14 of their troops and capturing the lizard 4-hex as well.

posted 03-11-04 07:34 AM EDT (US)     18 / 19  
Frostlings day 18

Good thing we picked up a wallclimbing hat or it would have been another day to kill the last remaining azrac troops. We storm their lizard 3-hex that they stole from the undead.

Now we turn our attention to the undead forces that will soon be everywhere.

Finally won one against the mighty Sprout! (does a little dance and jumps up and down with glee as we put an 18 game win streak to an end)

posted 03-11-04 07:41 AM EDT (US)     19 / 19  
Congrats Enginerd!

I believe this will make you the new AoW Champion maybe it's time to challenge you since I failed badly in my game against Sprout.

/Eriksson
Life is nothing but a game
poe@telia.com
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Hex of Death LH (Sprout vs Enginerd)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames