You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Nuclear Fallout (Nojd,WW,Uni,Eng,Dan,Zsaber)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
posted 10-30-04 09:52 AM EDT (US)   
New game on the Nuclear Fallout map

Playable Races in order of play:
Frostlings, Zsaber defeated by ??? on day 65
Highmen, Nojd
Undead, Enginerd
Elf , Wild Weasel
Azracs, Unicorn defeated by Enginerd on day 64
Dark Elves, Dan Peterson

Standard house rules, no boats on land, kill or be killed, etc...

Wizard Ladder Free for All!

[This message has been edited by enginerd (edited 04-01-2006 @ 07:36 PM).]

Replies:
posted 10-30-04 09:54 AM EDT (US)     1 / 454  
My race preference is to NOT play Azracs or Frostlings as I just played those races in another game.

I prefer WL game (but it doesn't have to be)

Can't wait to get started. If anyone doesn't have the map you can find it in the download section. Unicorn will send out the final version before we start.

posted 10-30-04 03:10 PM EDT (US)     2 / 454  
Aha! A ring! Time to throw my hat in..

I vote for a WL game.

My race choice in order of preference:-

Elf, Highmen, Undead, Azrac, Dark Elf, Frostling.

I'd better check the rules for a FFA game - I'm not quite sure what they are. Is it purely the +2 points for eliminating each human opponent, or does it extend further into modifying the house rules also (clearly, I have never played a FFA game) ?

Could I double check something - it's 'no boats on land' rather than 'no spells on your own machines', meaning I can haste a battering ram ?

[This message has been edited by Wild Weasel (edited 10-30-2004 @ 03:32 PM).]

posted 10-30-04 04:22 PM EDT (US)     3 / 454  
I would definately vote for a WL game and my race preferences are:

1. Dark elves
2. Highmen
3. Elves
4. Azracs
5. Undead
6. Frostlings

Looking forward to an exciting and fun game.

Itīs nice to be important, but itīs more important to be nice.
posted 10-30-04 05:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 454  
Yes you can haste your ram, boat, galley, drill, etc... Boats should stay on the water.

WW is Elves, Dan is Dark Elves. We'll see where the others come in.

Check the FFA rules, it's a complicated scoring system but basically the first one out loses the most and the winner gets the most points. I think with a 6 player game the top 3 might actually come out with positive points. Like I said, it's complicated. I'll look it up too.

posted 10-30-04 10:50 PM EDT (US)     5 / 454  
Found the link for FFA rules, it is really complicated...

We'll have to keep track of when people get killed and who does the killing.

link here

posted 10-31-04 01:36 AM EDT (US)     6 / 454  
WL game is fine with me too. I'll take frostling. Looking forward to a great game.
posted 10-31-04 10:15 AM EDT (US)     7 / 454  
Sorry for being a bit slow here. Sign me up for any race, and WL or not is not important.

Edit: Ok, I'll pick Highmen!

[This message has been edited by Nojd (edited 10-31-2004 @ 10:20 AM).]

posted 10-31-04 01:38 PM EDT (US)     8 / 454  
Hmmm. If Enginerd wants Undead that leaves Azracs for me, which I have played a number of times. I would have liked another race but I'm not bothered, as long as noone thinks thats a problem. I shall send the map out soon. All leaders are replaced with equivalent hero's except that dominate is replaced with life stealing. There are millions of spiders in the tunnels, and the good races are disadvantaged as they can't use the dominated ones like the rest, hence removal of dominate. I just want one final ponder over the secondary heros. They are all level 3 except the elf is 4 and the azrac is 3. Maybe I'll level them up, but if I'm azracs I have a vested interest, so perhaps we should vote?
posted 10-31-04 02:37 PM EDT (US)     9 / 454  
Wizards Ladder FFA it is, I'll register the game.

Looks like the races are just about sorted out.

Starting heroes - imo, just do your best Unicorn. I'll live with whatever balance you create.

The game will start soon, good luck to all.

posted 10-31-04 03:01 PM EDT (US)     10 / 454  
OK! We're off! Good luck everbody, and please let me know if you spot anything odd on the first turn (like a misspelled address, most likely). First turn autosent to Zsaber.
posted 11-01-04 02:15 AM EDT (US)     11 / 454  
Frostlings - day 1

We awoke in a cold land. We took a look at our surrounding. Our leader spot a pond with holy water. He was eager and ran a whole mile to get a sip of these nature's gift only to find out that the water is frozen. So he's unhappy throughout the entire day and took it out on our poor soliders.

turn sent

posted 11-01-04 05:39 PM EDT (US)     12 / 454  
Day 1, The Highmen Report
A busy first day of the campaign, unfortunately not entirely successful.

Turn sent to The Undead (Enginerd).

posted 11-01-04 09:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 454  
Undead day 1

Death awakens with vengeance oozing from his spirit and a thirst to destroy the life around him. First we enlist the aid of other foul creatures nearby, our priests are performing masterfully, they can be very persuasive.

posted 11-02-04 08:07 AM EDT (US)     14 / 454  
Elves

The Elves begin to re-take the land from the independent tribes.

posted 11-02-04 02:38 PM EDT (US)     15 / 454  
Azracs

Desert folk speed through the desert like the wind on the dunes, taking what is rightfully ours!

(Unexplained restart! The only thing I can think of is it arises due to mucking about with the set up. I thought all I did was to set it up as a dummy game and run through each turn to check the positions were OK - but maybe I did more than that. Hopefully, that's the end of it.)

posted 11-02-04 04:22 PM EDT (US)     16 / 454  
Dark elves day 1

We enlist, conquer and scout the area. A brand new world awaits us in the underground.

Turn sent!

Good luck to you all!

posted 11-03-04 04:53 PM EDT (US)     17 / 454  
Day 2, The Highmen Report
No action at all today.

posted 11-03-04 11:10 PM EDT (US)     18 / 454  
Undead

What a fun day, for some strange reason an azrac town was willing to be bought (I guess it had something to do with only having elephant guards). What a nice addition, too bad the town wants to revolt at least the elephants are happy.

posted 11-04-04 05:31 AM EDT (US)     19 / 454  
Elves

The Elves move to new heights.

posted 11-04-04 11:57 AM EDT (US)     20 / 454  
Azracs

We pause awhile in the sands, sit round some tents, and barter away our coffers. But we get some new scaly friends. Not sure whether they will like the lack of water.

posted 11-04-04 02:06 PM EDT (US)     21 / 454  
Dark elves day 2

Some wolves attacked during the night. They were easily killed, but we will stay on guard for more foul creatures out there. A monster cave was searched and the monsters in there gave Moira some good experience. She will level up tomorrow.

Turn sent!

posted 11-06-04 02:18 AM EDT (US)     22 / 454  
Frostlings - day 3

We spent a costly effort trying to vacant a lair. Our hero is about the only one who's happy as he got some nice toys to plays with, all the others are either badly bruised or bited the dust .

turn sent

posted 11-06-04 07:13 AM EDT (US)     23 / 454  
Day 3, The Highmen Report
Today we explored a place of horror, and received a set of shields as reward!

posted 11-07-04 04:08 PM EDT (US)     24 / 454  
Undead day 3

Attacks in the night go as planned. Not too much to report today. Tomorrow should be fun.

posted 11-08-04 09:15 AM EDT (US)     25 / 454  
Elves

The Elves get out a bit more and see a bit of the countryside.

posted 11-08-04 01:36 PM EDT (US)     26 / 454  
Desert, desert and more desert. Wait! What's this round the corner? Ah. Desert.

Anyway, We steam into battle with our mega-hero dominator...... No! That's the other war! Extremely deft change of tactics and he escapes with his life and a few xp. Onto the next battle. One silly lizard will provide that one little extra xp needed for a level up next day. Thwack! Fire strike! Damaged but not killed - finish him off next turn. Oh - he's burnt to death. Fiddlesticks.

posted 11-08-04 06:14 PM EDT (US)     27 / 454  
Dark elves day 3

Several new gains made and Moira advanced a level. More targets spotted for tomorrow.

Turn sent!

posted 11-08-04 10:53 PM EDT (US)     28 / 454  
Frostlings

We took a small town and there's much more to go.

turn sent

posted 11-09-04 02:27 PM EDT (US)     29 / 454  
Day 4, The Highmen Report
Exploration and bribing, that's fun!

posted 11-09-04 08:26 PM EDT (US)     30 / 454  
Undead

Slow going with no friendly cities nearby. We must migrate and that takes precious time and resources.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 16  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Nuclear Fallout (Nojd,WW,Uni,Eng,Dan,Zsaber)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames