You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Hidden Kingdoms (Thorongil vs Unicorn)
posted 12-02-04 10:57 AM EDT (US)   
Thanks to Arctic Wolf for setting this up!

Highmen day 1

We find ourselves in our small home village, with no weapons, and no idea of the world around us. Only Uncle Bob, (what an old saint he is...) is around to keep company. One day a venerable dwarf showed up...what stories he had of vast forgotten realms! We move off in the darkness, to see what we can find. What's this? A tower! We can see a long ways now...we are sorry to leave our pretty little town with its beautiful holy gardens, but we see an elvish town in the distance...we walk into the marketplace, but whoa! All those elvish prostitutes can't seem to keep away from my dwarvish friend...we are forced to slay them in the streets. Then a cleric demands that we pay for the funerals! What impudence. We kill him too. Tommorrow we will move out to see what else we can find in this dark cavern...

If you've come for a visit, you'd be welcome with fewer, if you've come to take me away, you'll need a lot more.
Replies:
posted 12-02-04 04:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 28  
Undead Day 1

We move out in great force from our massive citadel.... well, 3 of us from a one hex. And we find..... a tower! Which reveals...... an elf city with a vicar and tarts! All seems strangely similar, as is the outcome.

posted 12-02-04 05:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 28  
Day 2

We continue to explore in all directions...or at least as many directions as we have explorers, but find nothing but a mine which seems to need a drill to get at it. Hopefully no underground beasties attack during the night.

If you've come for a visit, you'd be welcome with fewer, if you've come to take me away, you'll need a lot more.
posted 12-03-04 12:58 PM EDT (US)     3 / 28  
Day 2

Ditto. We have a target in sight, though.

posted 12-03-04 01:05 PM EDT (US)     4 / 28  
Day 3, a lone druid pops out of the darkness, and kills our hero. How rotten of him. And still no more cities in sight...

TS

posted 12-03-04 01:53 PM EDT (US)     5 / 28  
Day 3

Fortunes diverge... a hero begs to join. But also no more cities.

posted 12-03-04 02:06 PM EDT (US)     6 / 28  
Day 4
Finally we see a city...but can't reach it. And our swordsman was killed overnight by a fire sprite. Plus, the dwarven hero who joined us goes down the wrong tunnel...ran smack into a bone horror. Now he'll likely be killed tonight...things are not off to a good start.

posted 12-03-04 02:08 PM EDT (US)     7 / 28  
Day 4

Game over. Our 3 heros are killed by a single highmen avenger in the night. We now have one doom priest left.

posted 12-03-04 02:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 28  
Day 5

Another hero joins, only to be killed overnight, along with 2 archers, by a wraith. With almost no troops left, we send the bony ones an offer of truce.

posted 12-04-04 06:40 AM EDT (US)     9 / 28  
We've come to the conclusion the indies are too tough! Neither of us has any force to speak of. We may see how we get on, though.
posted 12-04-04 09:07 AM EDT (US)     10 / 28  
Day 7?

We continue to creep our way around in circles...almost everyone is dead. Let's see what we can raise from the ashes...at least a nice city offered to join...

posted 12-04-04 12:39 PM EDT (US)     11 / 28  
Soldiering on. Now we have more than one soldier. Three actually!
posted 12-04-04 01:25 PM EDT (US)     12 / 28  
Another city offers to join! And we found a pile of gold which paid for it...

posted 12-05-04 05:06 PM EDT (US)     13 / 28  
Well, from being as close to extinction as it is possible to be, we are now expanding nicely, except that we now play peek-a-boo with the Highmen.

And the now silver medal avenger that killed our 3 heros in one pathetic battle attacks again in the night. this time against 4 of our archers, only one of which he kills before dying.

posted 12-06-04 09:03 PM EDT (US)     14 / 28  
Day ??

We are also expanding nicely, with a couple of nice cities above ground at our orders. The undead persist in making a nuisance of themselves however, and we continue to have skirmishes with them. Did raze one of their cities, such a pretty sight to see it burning so merrily...

posted 12-08-04 01:49 AM EDT (US)     15 / 28  
Things I've fixed based upon your comments:

Crypt Enginerd found now has items (Silly me used personal Library items which weren't attached properly to the map)

Dwarves can dig around their city with mole

Small one hex with mage and seducers must now be bought as a wall has been constructed. (I never thought that you guys might actually dispatch those useful troops)

Found an Undead city in the Dark Beneath that is supposed to be razed but is not so the Undead are in for a good bonus down there.

Added two gobbis to guard a mine as the Highmen have to contend with stubborn dwarves at the mines.

So far deciding to leave Indies as they are as they definately seem to be tough enough by your comments. Perhaps the hidden indies at the Wizards Towers are too sneaky??

Hope it is fun so far.

BTW: Good to see each of you back from the brink of extinction. The map has lots of low level heroes so you should be able to replenish your losses. Just be careful around the Wizards Towers as the sneaky hidden troops are set to guard area. Bet you can't guess how the troops are hidden....

[This message has been edited by Arctic Wolf (edited 12-08-2004 @ 01:50 AM).]

posted 12-08-04 12:52 PM EDT (US)     16 / 28  
Day something or the other of the Undead

Having come back from near extinction we are now massing our troops to, er.... get extincted! Hopefully, more highmen will become dead than undead become undeader. The supply lines of the highmen are becoming clear, now that we inadvertently parked our ram next door to their paltry hero.

In other parts, an astra becomes annoying overnight, but does not live to see another.

posted 12-08-04 10:02 PM EDT (US)     17 / 28  
Day ??

Driven out of our new capital...we try to launch raids at the masses of undead that seem to be pouring out from everywhere...if only we had more money, we could buy a nice city that wants to join...

posted 12-09-04 04:12 PM EDT (US)     18 / 28  
Day 32?

Today was a great day, as we stopped the undead invasion cold. (no pun intended) Even though they did not fall into the trap we left, and retake our capital, we were neverthless able to pile archers in our air galley, and surround the bony hero and his forces. Now all thier bones lie rotting in the cold snow. Our air galley escaped with one hitpoint left, and we only lost 2 archers and a slinger. Now perhaps we can go on the offensive...if the undead don't have some other nasty trick up thier sleeve...

posted 12-13-04 03:13 PM EDT (US)     19 / 28  
Undead

Some battles have marginally gone our way of late, but we are forced into a corner and there must be many more highmen out there somewhere, including that air galley.

posted 12-13-04 11:38 PM EDT (US)     20 / 28  
Highmen

"That" air galley...is currently headed for what seems to be the undead capital, a 4hex orc city which we believe to be currently installing a dragon, since it stopped upgrading about 2 or 3 days ago. The galley is full of a hero and 6 gold medal archers. There are about 6 more archers and a couple pony riders already outside the gates of said city, which is garrisoned by only 3 orc archers. In the little backwater valley the undead have taken control of, we snuck a couple archers in and took one city, and when some guys came after us, we bought a nearby human city, and used the inhabitants to kill the raiding party. A titan is almost there, and we will soon control the valley. One of our other air galleys, (I think we currently have 3, after losing one to an indie dragon) crammed with troops, is headed into the darkness underground to see what can be found there... We don't see too many undead these days, and those drow priests they have paid off won't hold us off forever...we have too many troops coming through that forest.

posted 12-14-04 03:22 PM EDT (US)     21 / 28  
Undead

Aha! Valuable information given away!

posted 12-14-04 10:38 PM EDT (US)     22 / 28  
Yep...real valuable, considering that we believe the undead are down to two storm priests...and we just found the hidden kingdom of light...

posted 12-15-04 12:32 PM EDT (US)     23 / 28  
Undead.... down to no storm priests, actually!
posted 12-15-04 12:36 PM EDT (US)     24 / 28  
Great game unicorn! You had me worried early on, when you kept popping up with all those heroes, and I kept losing mine...I guess the galleys probably made the difference, more in transportation than fighting.

posted 12-15-04 01:26 PM EDT (US)     25 / 28  
Well, at least looking at the stats it appears I kept up with you until the galley popped up. I know they don't always tell the full story but I'm sticking by them!

Have a good holiday!

posted 12-16-04 07:36 PM EDT (US)     26 / 28  
Great Game guys!!

Seems like the Human four hex city overpowered the Orc 4 hex. Was it a case of Throngil finding his four hex first??

posted 12-16-04 09:21 PM EDT (US)     27 / 28  
I don't know which one was found first, perhaps Unicorn didn't upgrade his right away?

posted 12-17-04 02:20 AM EDT (US)     28 / 28  
I found an orc 4 hex on the surface, which I upgraded eventually and installed a red dragon. I think that finished and I was producing one or was just about to before I was overwhelmed but I had very little gold available.

Not sure I didn't miss another 4 hex though?

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Hidden Kingdoms (Thorongil vs Unicorn)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames