AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Uni & WW's Thread of Eternal War
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 12-08-04 04:05 AM EDT (US)   
The purpose of this thread is to capture turn logs, comments and notes for the myriad ongoing and future conflicts between Unicorn and Wild Weasel.

Good Hunting to us both!

Replies:
posted 12-08-04 09:39 AM EDT (US)     1 / 53  
Game 256, Wild Weasel's Frostlings go to The Great Yellow Slush of Frostling Doom. I will leave the honour of reporting the victory in the ladder thread to you, Uni.

All other games, turns sent!

posted 12-08-04 01:31 PM EDT (US)     2 / 53  
Hooray for a much needed victory! I had the advantage of knowing the map.

Remaining 3 games sent. The CF game with me as highmen shows a restart because it is the turn I already played and sent a couple of times. As I saved over emailin and autosave doesn't give an out file save, as such, I can't resend anymore. Well, I can now, because I played and autosent it again. If you get my drift.

posted 12-08-04 06:39 PM EDT (US)     3 / 53  
The eternal war hots up! Decided to set up both poap games and the turns were autosent to hotmail.
posted 12-09-04 12:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 53  
I've done the two cf games and the nuc one. I changed the autosend address to fastmail, except that I forgot on the first one, so now theres a little race going between fast and hot.

You should also have the missing poap turn, and I will do the one you sent when I get back in tonight from badminton.

posted 12-09-04 03:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 53  
PoaP maxi done and autosent to fastmaail.
posted 12-10-04 01:00 PM EDT (US)     6 / 53  
All 5 turns sent.

One for the last time! So that's both home wins on the nuclear map. You played that one well - much better than me! I made a mistake with my hero force, should have scouted more, for which I paid, and I could have played the human lands struggle better..... there you go! Your turn to claim the victory.

posted 12-11-04 06:35 AM EDT (US)     7 / 53  
All 4 turns sent to the new Unicorn address.

I learnt from you that a significant route to victory in on the Nuclear War map is not to undervalue the teleports!

Meanwhile, Cold Fushion hots up!

posted 12-11-04 08:51 AM EDT (US)     8 / 53  
All 4 turns sent - from my new onetel gaming address!

Cold Fusion is quite a merry dance.

PoaP is going to be interesting, what with early contact and initial peaceful relations.

posted 12-12-04 01:33 PM EDT (US)     9 / 53  
All four turns sent earlier today.
posted 12-13-04 10:14 AM EDT (US)     10 / 53  
All four turns sent!
posted 12-13-04 03:10 PM EDT (US)     11 / 53  
All 4 turns sent.

Looks like both Highmen positions are definitely doing better then the Undead in CF. Although how much better is the question.

Managed to do the end-of-turn thing on poap highmen turn, even with a mouse! Sorry! Also managed, on day 6 or whatever in both games, to change my plans for the third time. Probably have to change yet again due to the seemingly early appearance of evil hordes.

posted 12-15-04 09:00 AM EDT (US)     12 / 53  
I found the same - the Highmen have the definite edge in CF as the Highmen get to use Dwarves and Dwarves can take the ice altars without having to fight their way into the centre..

In the PoaP games, my minis are can see demons looming in the distance. This is disturbing, because the ground pinch points I have carefully manned are going to be useless against them..

posted 12-15-04 01:32 PM EDT (US)     13 / 53  
All 4 turns sent.

CF Highmen bide their time. We got you surrounded! CF undead lose their chance to regain the 3 hex now that re-inforcements arrive. Their days are numbered.

PoaP minis skirt disaster. Well, actually the dwarves embrace it with open arms! The halflings are woefully exposed and if the luck of the dwarves flows their way it will be a case of min boo hoo.

PoaP maxis fare better. The highmen win battles by the skin of their teeth, but the elves have a stupendous piece of luck which could turn the whole war.

posted 12-16-04 05:02 PM EDT (US)     14 / 53  
All 3 turns sent - wait a minute, something wrong! Oh dear, no undead CF turn, I appear to have lost all my units. Well done! I should be able to return the favour, as long as I don't let you produce a wraith.

Restart in poap maxi. Somehow I managed to lose the elf turn to myself. I must have actually opened it up at one point, then thought it was the previous day and resaved it. Pity me.

posted 12-17-04 12:59 PM EDT (US)     15 / 53  
All 3 turns sent.

We release the undead from thier prison, in CF, as we need to kill a few of them elsewhere. Slowly, we make inroads into their territory.

The minis in poap escape some close overnight shaves! Whilst the maxi highmen have an orc level 20 hero and accompanying spider rampaging through our heartlands. Oue elf maxis were able to glimse where they went, and it could be worse - no fighting but they head straight for the 4 hex!!

posted 12-17-04 03:46 PM EDT (US)     16 / 53  
CF - The Undead make a prison break by, er, throwing a bone to the guard dogs..

Poap Maxis - A 20th level Orc anti hero carves through the Elven defences as though they weren't there. Serious hero scampering ensues.

Poap Minis - Enemies at two gates..

posted 12-17-04 06:03 PM EDT (US)     17 / 53  
Uni! I have just resent the turns!
posted 12-17-04 07:27 PM EDT (US)     18 / 53  
Turns turned.

Looks like we've let the undead loose to rampage in CF, if only that hero had died....

Poap mini, nothing much to report. PoaP maxi, our highmen kill the orc level 20 and our elves eyeball a lone dwarf. We rattle a few sabres, and the elephant does a big doodoo but nothing else as yet. But that crypt looks very tempting......

posted 12-18-04 11:26 AM EDT (US)     19 / 53  
CF - Rampaging Undead in Rampaging Rampage Shocker!

PoaP Maxi - The 20th level Orc buys it in my game too. Elsewhere, the evil armies seem to be running out of steam.

Poap Mini - The Halflings dispose of a marauding Goblin hero.

posted 12-18-04 12:47 PM EDT (US)     20 / 53  
3 to go.

Definitely a mistake in CF, but I'm hoping I've jsut prolonged the agony for a while.

PoaP mini takes a nice turn for the better, although on the halfling side as the dwarves still struggle.

PoaP maxi takes a very similar turn, for the elves. The Highmen suffer an overnight setback in that our hero support troops are wiped out, including our starting palladin, so our heros are somewhat exposed....

posted 12-18-04 04:20 PM EDT (US)     21 / 53  
Some agony in CF, and it looks like I've let some more troops be acquired. But there are less on the way. At least the heros have split up so we have achnce of isolation one and stomping it to death.

PoaPs. I'm getting confused. Running the same tactics in both games, and I think I've done something three times, that I could only possibly have done twice. At least it was a good thing, and you can't have too much of that. Our incursions are being dealt with, but it looks like our opponent dwarves have a problem with orcs. Perhaps we can help them out. Its a funny old war.

posted 12-19-04 08:31 AM EDT (US)     22 / 53  
Various turns done.

CF is going downhill fast.

Poap Mini I've lost track of, but there is a disaster in PoaP maxi. Not good.

posted 12-19-04 11:06 AM EDT (US)     23 / 53  
CF - seems our prison break has been more successful than I hoped!

Poap maxi - we have some fun at the Dwarves' expense.

Poap mini - we make some progress in fighting back the dark elves.

posted 12-19-04 04:05 PM EDT (US)     24 / 53  
CF looks like it's going to be touch and go. Speaking of "go", where go big undie hero?

PoaP mini - exactly the same thing happens that was such an elf disaster, but this time it's not a disaster.

PoaP maxi - the highmen benefit from an upgrade bug, which we have agreed not to use deliberatley. The elves fight a dungeon battle twice, as a mapdraw error occurred first time round.

posted 12-20-04 05:50 PM EDT (US)     25 / 53  
CF requires a rethink, so we sit round the highmen campfires and come up with a great one - kill all the undead!

PoaP mini - our dwarves head into elf lands to see what we can see, whilst our halflings are doing rather better having achieved all their initial quests and kept all the evil forces out of their homelands.

PoaP maxi - our elves head into dwarf lands to.... errr.... kill orcs! Where are the dwarves? Our highmen start to spy on the halfling borders.

Soon, both PoaP games will require the eradication of the mass evil forces on our borders.

posted 12-22-04 06:05 PM EDT (US)     26 / 53  
CF - we wreck the countryside with our Undead townie ways.

Poap mini - we noble the inspector who turned up to survey the remains of the Elven capital, then look around for something else to explode.

Poap maxi - every where we go, we find Little Sods have been there previously!

posted 12-30-04 11:26 AM EDT (US)     27 / 53  
Hostilities resume after a Christmas truce.

CF goes much better. We take advantage of the tactic of attacking a structure defended by an otherwise unattackable unit.

PoaP Maxi also takes a turn for the better, after some beating of the undergrowth.

PoaP Mini is a case of deja vu.

posted 01-02-05 12:36 PM EDT (US)     28 / 53  
Another sort break then more of the battles.

Well, nothing much doing in CF except dancing around for position.

PoaP mini finds another major confrontation similar to maxi previous turn when King Torian was found flying over water and despatched to meet Neptune. This time some water walking dwarves confront another water walking king, this time of the elves, and decide to have a go again....

PoaP maxi is quieter for the elves, but the Highmen have a lot to do, including the despatch of a black dragon which turned up in the worst possible place but was fortunately badly injured, plus the investigation of the source of evil, which proves very frightening!

posted 01-03-05 09:45 AM EDT (US)     29 / 53  
CF continues the dance with the dead...er... undead!

PoaP mini takes another disastrous turn for the halflings, plus the loss of the dwarf home 4 hex.

PoaP maxi is largely a tale of the fight against evil. The highmen eradicate large numbers of various races including a high level hero, but the cost is high. Hopefully we can hold. The elves have less to do.

posted 01-04-05 03:02 PM EDT (US)     30 / 53  
CF - dancing, dancing, dancing.

PoaP mini - we come just an hp or two within what may have turned the game. But we plod on.

PoaP maxi - not a great deal of action, more consolidation. But we have some plans which are gelling nicely. Biggest threat is to the highmen where a strong raiding party is now not so strong and is desperatley trying to escape from evil.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Uni & WW's Thread of Eternal War
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames