AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL North and South - Enginerd vs Dan Petersson
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 01-02-05 05:15 PM EDT (US)   
Turn log thread for the WL match between Enginerd of the Azracs and Dan Petersson of the Frostlings.

Map: North and South (6 player version)
Rules: Standard house rules
No WWDS or FMDS
Alliances OFF
Exploration ON
No customization except the names of the starting heroes.

Good luck Enginerd! Let's have a great game!

Itīs nice to be important, but itīs more important to be nice.
Replies:
posted 01-02-05 09:53 PM EDT (US)     1 / 88  
Azracs day 1

A glorious day as we go forth and conquer locations nearby. Money and Mana were improved, now we work on building armies and preparing for more battles....

Good Luck Dan!!!! Let the fun begin

posted 01-03-05 03:07 PM EDT (US)     2 / 88  
Just curios

Are you playing the modified version that Throngil and Enginerd modified or my original version of the multi race game.

(I will be uploading the multiplayer maps soon as I think I have gotten as much feedback as I am going to out of the posts.)

[This message has been edited by Arctic Wolf (edited 01-03-2005 @ 03:08 PM).]

posted 01-03-05 03:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 88  
Arctic Wolf,

We're playing the multiplayer original that you sent to me and not the one I modified

posted 01-03-05 03:41 PM EDT (US)     4 / 88  
Cool!!

I just uploaded the final version which has the two monster lairs fixed, and changes the underground slightly to give the frosties a slightly faster path to getting to the jails. But the changes are really minor. Enjoy your game!!

posted 01-03-05 06:14 PM EDT (US)     5 / 88  
Frostlings day 1 & 2

Day 1 everything went as planned. We captured some resources and gained some experience.

Day 2 ended in disaster as Emily was killed by two silly berserkers guarding a mine. I made a REALLY stupid mistake in that battle, charging out with her, eager for experience, making my healer too far away to heal her wounds when she got into trouble. *sigh*

Turn sent!

posted 01-03-05 10:06 PM EDT (US)     6 / 88  
Azracs day 2

We capture a few more mines and move our troops around. Things are looking up with the bad news from our enemies.

posted 01-04-05 05:07 PM EDT (US)     7 / 88  
Frostlings day 3

Consolidating our forces to claim the surrounding area as quickly as possible.

Turn sent!

posted 01-05-05 05:19 PM EDT (US)     8 / 88  
Frostlings day 4

Today we captured another of those important power nodes.

Turn sent!

posted 01-05-05 10:01 PM EDT (US)     9 / 88  
Azracs day 4

We were attacked in the night by lots of wolves, they are all dead now. We purchased a nice spell to speed our movements and soon we hope to gain some valuable treasures..... but first we must prepare for the bats

posted 01-06-05 04:56 PM EDT (US)     10 / 88  
Frostlings day 5

No sign of bats today, but we expect to see them tomorrow. Hopefully our capitol will be strong enough not to fall. Battles go well today and both experience and artifacts were gained.

Turn sent!

posted 01-06-05 08:53 PM EDT (US)     11 / 88  
Azracs day 5

We have three lovely archers ready to battle the bat that we know will come. We should do just fine.

We also picked up a nice sword in the cave, too bad the cloak we picked up giving me ignition isn't as useful.

posted 01-07-05 05:33 PM EDT (US)     12 / 88  
Frostlings day 6

The bat was easily shot down and our capitol is safe for now. Stone skin was learned today. It will come in handy.

Turn sent!

posted 01-08-05 01:35 PM EDT (US)     13 / 88  
Azracs

The bat dies easily and we gain more territory today, alas we lose our cleric, that will slow us down a bit.

posted 01-09-05 05:10 PM EDT (US)     14 / 88  
Frostlings day 7

Had to turn back from a treasure site with status Explored today.

Turn sent!

PS. More info about this in email and inside the turn. It appears that a bug in the map has not been corrected. I have left it to Enginerd to decide what to do. DS.

posted 01-09-05 06:58 PM EDT (US)     15 / 88  
Downloaded the updated version, modified the cave for Random items and sent day 1 back...

Hope you like the names I picked out

posted 01-10-05 00:30 AM EDT (US)     16 / 88  
I am really curios here! I downloaded my most recent version and confirmed the error in the cave (There is one in the cave directly below the Frostling three hex as well....by directly below I mean in the cavern by roughly just below the Frostling Capitol.) However... I fixed these errors before I uploaded the map. Honest I know I did. So the question is...why are they not fixed when I know I fixed them??

When I load the map into the editor again after I fix the caves, the error shows up again even though I save the map after the fix. So...when you fixed the caves Enginerd ... Did you just click auto generate to place random items in the caves?? If You did I believe when you load the map in the editor you will find they have reverted back to their original state with fixed items but no items selected. This is what has happened to me numerous times. It appears to be a bug in the editor. To fix the problem the caves/lairs actually have to be deleted and then rebuilt with the same defenders but items set to autogenerate.

I think the problem has to do with the caves originally having items in them from an item library that no longer exists. (I had the same error on my "Death's doorstep" map if you recall. That one was fixed by just selecting new items from an existing library.) When I deleted the item library I just changed the caves to autogenerated treasure but the map seems to be trying to find the old libraries.

So if you could humour me... reload the map in the editor after it is fixed and check the lairs again. Tell me what you find.

[This message has been edited by Arctic Wolf (edited 01-10-2005 @ 00:31 AM).]

posted 01-11-05 02:46 PM EDT (US)     17 / 88  
Frostlings day 1

With a strange sense of Deja Vu our troops set out to conquer the surrounding area. Everything goes according to plan so far.

Turn sent!

Thanks once again Enginerd for being such a good sportsman. Good luck to you once again!

posted 01-11-05 09:07 PM EDT (US)     18 / 88  
Azracs day 1

Our heroes gain that important experience as we capture key sites near our home. Soon we will capture much much more.

posted 01-12-05 05:06 PM EDT (US)     19 / 88  
Frostlings day 2

Day 2! There is obviously something wrong with day 2. Dan rode into battle against two spirit puppets with a pounding headache and voices ringing in his head. "Don't battle today, it's a bad day to fight" Dan ignored the voices and tried to focus on his task instead. Now he is feeding maggots 6 feet under.

Turn sent!

I suppose that some kind of justice has been made and the great sportsman Enginerd has gotten his deserved advantage back.

posted 01-13-05 02:29 PM EDT (US)     20 / 88  
Frostlings day 3

Things continue to go wrong. Two archers attacked two pikemen and all they did was to inflict 2 dmg, making it impossible for me to claim the builders guild. This game is slipping out of my hands...

Turn sent!

posted 01-13-05 11:42 PM EDT (US)     21 / 88  
Azracs

Another fine day grabbing up resources, armies preparing for the bats and things are going swell. Evil wolves will attack in the night but we are prepared.

posted 01-14-05 05:37 PM EDT (US)     22 / 88  
Frostlings day 4

Captured some resources without losses. Perhaps things might start looking a bit more positive now?

Turn sent!

[This message has been edited by Dan Petersson (edited 01-14-2005 @ 05:37 PM).]

posted 01-14-05 08:07 PM EDT (US)     23 / 88  
Azracs

The night was not as kind to us as we would have liked but the wolves are dead (too bad my cleric died too).

posted 01-15-05 05:01 PM EDT (US)     24 / 88  
Frostlings day 5

Out of luck once again as we lose a battle to a single surviving pikeman with 1 hp. We did find the Stone skin spell today though. Too bad that we don't have a spell caster...

Turn sent!

[This message has been edited by Dan Petersson (edited 01-16-2005 @ 04:06 PM).]

posted 01-15-05 07:13 PM EDT (US)     25 / 88  
Azracs

What an enjoyable day as our hero almost dies trying to kill a couple pikeman. We run away with only 2 hp left

Elsewhere we do explore a nice cave and gain a couple nice shields.

posted 01-16-05 02:27 PM EDT (US)     26 / 88  
Frostlings day 6

Capitol protected as expected, but we lost our cleric in a monster cave. Two nice artifacts were picked up though.

Turn sent!

[This message has been edited by Dan Petersson (edited 01-16-2005 @ 04:06 PM).]

posted 01-16-05 04:05 PM EDT (US)     27 / 88  
Frostlings day 7

Gained a water node, but it cost us four archers and nearly our last hero, Emily. At least she gained some experience.

Turn sent!

posted 01-16-05 05:05 PM EDT (US)     28 / 88  
Azracs day 6-7

we are soooo silly sometimes, we have lamented the loss of our cleric these last two days and only today do we realize our stupidity. Unfortunately it came AFTER we cast stone skin on our mighty hero with 4 hp left and we started researching another spell, then.... like a shot out of nowhere a voice said, "you idiot, cast remedy and go kill bad guys"

Tomorrow we will heal our mighty hero and go kill bad guys but today we just kind of waste another turn moving around

posted 01-16-05 05:44 PM EDT (US)     29 / 88  
Frostlings day 8

An eventless day.

Turn sent!

posted 01-16-05 07:30 PM EDT (US)     30 / 88  
Azracs

The healed hero helps take out the earth node, now mana is much improved and our hero stands ready to slay more foul beasts.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL North and South - Enginerd vs Dan Petersson
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames