You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Diplomacy With Dragons (Classic Superman And Xiados vs GillB And enginerd)
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 02-04-05 11:59 PM EDT (US)   
Hi folks! We talked about this game in off, so it's time to execute the project.

Map: Diplomacy With Dragons

Standard House Rules

MODS: None

Players:

Classic Superman - Orcs (classicsuperman@gmail.com)
Xiados - Lizards (aqudae@gmail.com)
GillB - Elves(GillB@heavengames.com)
enginerd - Frostlings(mjschuck@fidnet.com)

So my fellows, i was thinking in playing a Good or Neutral vs Evil, with me and Xiados on the evil side. Is it okay for all of you? And someone here wants to make this challenge a Ladder Game? If i made any mistake, feel free to correct it.

"The carnival comes and goes. If you wait for a while... it'll always come back to you".

[This message has been edited by Classic Superman (edited 02-12-2005 @ 10:30 PM).]

Replies:
posted 02-09-05 08:55 AM EDT (US)     1 / 89  
Personally I prefer good - not sure about enginerd. Ladder game would be fine by me.

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
posted 02-09-05 02:49 PM EDT (US)     2 / 89  
Anything is fine by me.

Age of Wonders 1 Online Players Listing - Here
posted 02-09-05 10:57 PM EDT (US)     3 / 89  
Okay, so i'll pick the Goblins for me. Xiados, GillB and enginerd, please post your races.

"The carnival comes and goes. If you wait for a while... it'll always come back to you".
posted 02-12-05 00:02 AM EDT (US)     4 / 89  
Ladder game is fine.

The only Diplomacy and Dragons map that I have is the one that came with the original disk. It has Orcs, Frostlings, Lizards, Elves. Is there another version?

If CS wants gobbos (let's say orcs) and Gill wants good (elves) then I guess Xiados and I get to decide between the frostlings and lizards. Okay, I'll take Frostlings.

CS if you have a version with gobbos send it my way.

Who is going to set the map up? I recommend the two teams start out as allies, allied victory enabled, leaders OFF. Do we want to keep the teleporter active between the frostlings and orcs or shall we delete it?

[This message has been edited by enginerd (edited 02-12-2005 @ 00:11 AM).]

posted 02-12-05 10:26 PM EDT (US)     5 / 89  
Oh, i made a mistake... there's no Goblins in this Scenario. IŽll pick the Orcs. Thanks enginerd.

Well, so the races are all settled.

I was thinking in setting the game, but i don't know how to make the two teams start as allies, neither how to remove the teleporters (yeah, i want to remove them). Could someone please set the game for me (and teach me how to do it after that)? I'm such a newbie, i know... but i'm trying to improve!

P.S: This game counts as a Ladder Game, then.

posted 02-13-05 12:15 PM EDT (US)     6 / 89  
I think that'll have to be enginerd ... I know how to set a game up (more or less) but not how to remove stuff without something disastrous happening ...

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
posted 02-13-05 04:40 PM EDT (US)     7 / 89  
Okay, I'll set it up.

I'll leave the teleporters as razed so we can rebuild them. There is a land bridge between the other races so the only way for me and CS to get to enemy lands is to go through our allies land or through the dragon infested land in the middle.

Ladder game, normal house rules. I'll set it up later tonight.

posted 02-13-05 08:49 PM EDT (US)     8 / 89  
Thanks for all, enginerd. Good luck to everyone!

Xiados, time to exterminate!

posted 02-15-05 10:22 PM EDT (US)     9 / 89  
Orcs Day 1

Hired a Hero and captured a farm. A brand-new adventure to the smartest race alive (us) begins, and with our Lizard partners this land we shall rule together!

posted 02-16-05 12:16 PM EDT (US)     10 / 89  
Elves Day 1
Just exploring. All still alive, and a new hero to help us.

posted 02-17-05 03:37 PM EDT (US)     11 / 89  
Day 1 Lizards

A hero joins. Moved everyone around.

posted 02-20-05 08:35 PM EDT (US)     12 / 89  
Frostlings day 2

Day one was quite successful as we spread out looking for fun. We find it in several areas including a nice crypt we explored, got some great items.

posted 02-21-05 11:02 PM EDT (US)     13 / 89  
Orcs Day 2

Today we overthrowed a Dark Elf City. Now spreading our forces through the land... SEARCH AND DESTROY!

posted 02-23-05 01:19 PM EDT (US)     14 / 89  
Elves
Continuing exploration. Everything's so far away.

posted 02-27-05 09:14 PM EDT (US)     15 / 89  
Lizards Day 2

Captured some resources.

Restart - had uninstalled the game to make room for something else over a few days back.

posted 02-27-05 09:48 PM EDT (US)     16 / 89  
Frostlings day 3

We just kind of move around a bit today trying to gather up more resources. Too bad that prison had troops that wouldn't agree with us, had to let them go

posted 03-01-05 11:07 PM EDT (US)     17 / 89  
Orcs Day 3

Nothing to report. Everything's so far...

posted 03-02-05 11:41 AM EDT (US)     18 / 89  
Elves
We plod on in search of anything

posted 03-04-05 12:15 PM EDT (US)     19 / 89  
Lizards Day 3

Purchased a city and marched onward.

Sorry for the slowness lately. Been cleaning up the drives and formatting the last couple of days.

posted 03-07-05 11:13 PM EDT (US)     20 / 89  
Orcs Day 4

A scout spotted a mine today, and at the same time our main army found some of our Lizard fellows. Welcome to the Orcish domains!

posted 03-09-05 09:32 AM EDT (US)     21 / 89  
Elves
Apologies for the restart - I think I may have saved the game twice by mistake.

We start to converge towards a crypt in the hopes of good treasure. The longer-legged crew are there, the shorter-legged trotting there as fast as they can.

posted 03-09-05 03:24 PM EDT (US)     22 / 89  
Lizards Day 4

Captured an Earth Node and migrated some more. Looks like there are enemies blocking the path.

posted 03-11-05 05:03 PM EDT (US)     23 / 89  
Frostlings

We continue our efforts to conquer the lands here. Things are progressing nicely for us.

posted 03-13-05 09:52 PM EDT (US)     24 / 89  
Orcs Day 5

Overthrowed a Goblin city. After that, we captured a mine and a Power Node. Now spreading our forces to explore the area.

posted 03-15-05 07:38 AM EDT (US)     25 / 89  
Elves

Apologies for the restart. I don't understand why I'm getting one every turn ...

We continue plodding to the furthest reaches of our lands.

posted 03-15-05 11:41 AM EDT (US)     26 / 89  
Lizards Day 5

The small elven party lies dead.

Having some computer problems, and getting a new HD today. Shouldn't have any more restarts after the next turn then.

posted 03-15-05 07:42 PM EDT (US)     27 / 89  
Frostlings day 6

We continue to gain control of our homeland as well as expand out. Soon we hope to see our enemy.

posted 03-18-05 00:52 AM EDT (US)     28 / 89  
Orcs Day 6

The scout captured a Power Node today. The Orcish contamination continues.

posted 03-18-05 11:59 AM EDT (US)     29 / 89  
Elves
That was very unfriendly by the lizards ... we were just having a look around.

We couldn't be bothered to wait for any more to arrive to explore the castle ruins. Not our best idea, but at least our hero survived, & got some nice items to make up for her lost friends.

posted 03-18-05 02:05 PM EDT (US)     30 / 89  
Lizards Day 6

The Lizards continue their aggression against the Elves, capturing their undefended Dwarven city. We see Frostlings coming this way, but are confident we can handle them.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Diplomacy With Dragons (Classic Superman And Xiados vs GillB And enginerd)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames