You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: After the Fall (No heros)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 03-12-05 01:21 PM EDT (US)   
Rules:

No heros
No seducing, charming, dominating, or possessing heros.

After the Fall map, exploration off
leaders off
customization off
AI set to Knight.

I'm looking for 2-3 others to join. If interested post below.

Stylz - Frostlings
Corbeau - Humans
Thorongil - Elves

[This message has been edited by stylz (edited 03-13-2005 @ 06:45 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-12-05 01:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 40  
So what do you have against heroes?

If you've come for a visit, you'd be welcome with fewer, if you've come to take me away, you'll need a lot more.
posted 03-12-05 04:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 40  
I like the twist of not using a hero, the uberhero strategy is tiresome in my opinion, and losing the ability to cast spells is also interesting, wraiths and incarnates are really scary without enchant weapon, cavaliers aren't the invincible powerhouse they can be with stone skin bless and whatever else you decide to give them. Also, I've noticed several games I've played with leaders off where one or more players don't get a hero to join on their first turn, which is somewhat unfair.
posted 03-12-05 05:38 PM EDT (US)     3 / 40  
I'm interested in playing, preferably as the Humans. My email is in my profile.

Corbeau (the annoying AoW n00b)
"Rule 1: Pillage, then burn." - The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates

[This message has been edited by Corbeau (edited 03-12-2005 @ 05:40 PM).]

posted 03-13-05 01:05 AM EDT (US)     4 / 40  
Are you going to edit the map so that all AI races are independent? Because it seems somewhat harsh to have the AI using heroes...

I might be interested if this is a WL game and is going to go fairly quickly, as in a turn a day or better...otherwise have fun!

If you've come for a visit, you'd be welcome with fewer, if you've come to take me away, you'll need a lot more.
posted 03-13-05 01:13 AM EDT (US)     5 / 40  
I edited the map so that the max heros is 0.
Then I set it to leaders off, so the only way the computer can get a hero is if they dominate, seduce, or charm it. At least that's the theory.

If you like I'll keep it at 3 people, it'll make it move a little faster.

posted 03-13-05 10:03 AM EDT (US)     6 / 40  
Fine with me, since no one else is responding anyhow. I guess I'll take the elves...

posted 03-14-05 01:15 PM EDT (US)     7 / 40  
Humans - Day 1

Not much to start with. Bought a small town and captured a watchtower. It may take a while to produce an army strong enough to take any of the surrounding cities.

The lack of magic is slightly unsettling. Never played a no heroes game before.

Turn sent.

posted 03-14-05 01:38 PM EDT (US)     8 / 40  
Yeah, us frostlings are looking to see what we can take, but not much near by. Anybody else start with only 150 gold?
posted 03-14-05 04:46 PM EDT (US)     9 / 40  
Days 1&2, moving out, surprised that exploration is off, our small force prepares to make the long trek north to conquer the blue races.

Sent to stylz

[This message has been edited by Thorongil (edited 03-14-2005 @ 04:47 PM).]

posted 03-14-05 05:21 PM EDT (US)     10 / 40  
Stylz: IIRC, I began with 250.

[This message has been edited by Corbeau (edited 03-14-2005 @ 05:21 PM).]

posted 03-14-05 05:57 PM EDT (US)     11 / 40  
Day 2

Frostlings are on a long march themselves.
I figured with exploration off that the game would go quicker, also I figure at least you and I probably know the map pretty well so it would be more fair for corbeau (if he really is an AoW newbie )

posted 03-14-05 06:29 PM EDT (US)     12 / 40  
I am a newbie, but I have a decient idea of what the basic multiplayer maps look like (I've scanned though them in the editor). Your concern is appreciated though.

posted 03-14-05 11:33 PM EDT (US)     13 / 40  
Corbeau, if you sent the turn...I didn't get it.

posted 03-15-05 01:16 PM EDT (US)     14 / 40  
No, I hadn't sent the turn. I went out to dinner last night and by the time I got home I was too tired to play the turn.

Humans - Day 2

Not much to do but wait for new recruits to finish training. Sent off a scout to see what resources remain unclaimed to the south. Not sure how far he'll get before the dwarves intercept him. Some long range plans in the making, but it'll be a while before I'll need them.

Turn sent.

posted 03-15-05 01:30 PM EDT (US)     15 / 40  
Still moving out...bought one city and ready to capture another tomorrow.

Sent to stylz

posted 03-15-05 02:13 PM EDT (US)     16 / 40  
Moving on, stupid undead wish to wage war on me??!??, They will lose soon enough.

TS

posted 03-15-05 05:59 PM EDT (US)     17 / 40  
Humans - Day 3

Contuniing to scout, looking for sources of gold. The dwarves may shape up to my main rival; everything I want lies beyond their lands. I may also have to considering getting into the good graces of the Goblin people. Buying the Goblin cities may be expensive, but it would take less time and troops than taking them by force.

Turn sent.

P.S. Are we using the informal rule about killing the AIs first?

[This message has been edited by Corbeau (edited 03-15-2005 @ 06:16 PM).]

posted 03-15-05 06:16 PM EDT (US)     18 / 40  
Failed taking that town by one hitpoint of one orc swordsman...bother.

Sent to stylz

posted 03-15-05 09:57 PM EDT (US)     19 / 40  
Humans - Day 4

A productive turn. Captured a watchtower down south, giving me an overview of the dwarven lands and contact with both the dwarves and the goblins. A treaty here, a declaration of war there, and now the neighboring cities are more ameanable to hard cash. Ahh, diplomacy!

Turn sent.

posted 03-15-05 10:15 PM EDT (US)     20 / 40  
Bought a frostling town today, the undead are being excptionally troublesome, and now the highmen have also declared war. Hopefully the undead are too bothersome overnight.
posted 03-15-05 10:42 PM EDT (US)     21 / 40  
And the gobbos declare war, what a surprise!

Sent to stylz

posted 03-15-05 10:58 PM EDT (US)     22 / 40  
Humans - Day 5

Many things are now in motion. Money is streaming in, yet it flows out even more quickly. The Dwarves are in quite a tight spot to the south, pressed from both sides. On a side note, we see frosting pennants far to the northeast.

Turn sent.

[This message has been edited by Corbeau (edited 03-15-2005 @ 10:58 PM).]

posted 03-16-05 00:05 AM EDT (US)     23 / 40  
Things are moving along on the frostling side also, the gold bug sucks though.
posted 03-16-05 00:08 AM EDT (US)     24 / 40  
Gold bug?

By the way, how many units did everyone start out with? I had 1 at the beginning of the game.

posted 03-16-05 01:05 AM EDT (US)     25 / 40  
Stylz I'm not sure that is a bug, I don't remember for sure, but I think the frosties may start out with less on purpose because of the empty 3hex near their start position.

As far as units, I started with either 3 or 4, including a ram. I do know that the humans start with only one, I'm not sure why though, but that's the way whoever made the map put it. Perhaps because they have those two large cities just south of them?

posted 03-16-05 01:34 AM EDT (US)     26 / 40  
Probably, though those big cities aren't exactly easy to take.

Humans - Day 6

Mobilizing for war with the Dwarves. Took an independent city on the dwarves flank, though it's now in unrest. My gold reserves are dwindling as I recruit troops to guard my homeland; I need better sources of income, and soon!

Turn sent.

[This message has been edited by Corbeau (edited 03-16-2005 @ 01:35 AM).]

posted 03-16-05 01:31 PM EDT (US)     27 / 40  
Frostlings are moving along nicely. I think I started with a wolf rider, penguin, and a swordsman. I guess that makes up for the 100 gold
posted 03-16-05 02:01 PM EDT (US)     28 / 40  
Wolf rider and penguin? I don't feel very sorry for you anymore. :P

Humans - Day 7

Moving to threaten the dwarves. We'll see how they respond. The next few days should be interesting.

Turn sent.

posted 03-16-05 03:09 PM EDT (US)     29 / 40  
Made peace with the Dwarves today...

Sent to stylz

posted 03-16-05 05:36 PM EDT (US)     30 / 40  
Killed an elvish patrol today. Also conquered an upgrading undead city, cancelled the upgrade and made about 150 gold

TS

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » After the Fall (No heros)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames