AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL Half Moon Falls Game 1 (Xiados vs Sprout) Blind
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 03-12-05 03:33 PM EDT (US)   
Game 1: Sprout (Dwarves) vs. Xiados (Elves)

Elves - Turn 1

Traveled away from the city.

Age of Wonders 1 Online Players Listing - Here
Replies:
posted 03-12-05 11:27 PM EDT (US)     1 / 66  
Dwarves - Day 1

We face an interesting situation to start with - a wonderful 4 hex city - but guarded by a titan, walls and more...they would cost too much to buy their loyalty. A ram is being produced!

Turn sent.

posted 03-12-05 11:49 PM EDT (US)     2 / 66  
Elves - Turn 2

Defeated the hostile spirits that had invaded a guild. The nearby city can wait as we cleared some druids out from a wizard's tower, instead.

Turn sent.

posted 03-13-05 00:22 AM EDT (US)     3 / 66  
Dwarves - Day 2

We scout the land a bit - not much to see...a builders guild, another small walled city. Just waiting for our ram to get here...on the morrow we will assault the city...although, the titan, paladin and saint do not look easy to overcome

Turn sent.

posted 03-13-05 01:43 AM EDT (US)     4 / 66  
As soon as I checked the turn logs I realized I sent you guys the beta version instead of the finished version.

Resent the game start to Xiados

posted 03-13-05 12:13 PM EDT (US)     5 / 66  
Same first turn. Heh.

Elves - Turn 1

Traveled away from the city.

posted 03-13-05 03:41 PM EDT (US)     6 / 66  
Dwarves - Day 1

Ugh..now we are saddled with a non-mountainclimbing saint. Ah well, hopefully he will come in handy *somehow*.

Turn sent.

posted 03-13-05 08:47 PM EDT (US)     7 / 66  
Dwarves - Day 2

We capture a mine and a power node...with no wallclimbing ability we are limited...but we have a plan

Turn sent.

posted 03-13-05 08:54 PM EDT (US)     8 / 66  
Had a problem posting it, but Turn 2 was the same as before.

Elves - Turn 3

Going for a mine or two for now.

Turn sent.

posted 03-13-05 09:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 66  
Dwarves - Day 3

We continue to wait on production - instead we have divided our starting force into two groups. Our two heroes and an archer have taken the mine and power node...this day they only moved...probably going to abandon the area and move to support the highmen 4-hex. Our other group was the highmen saint and an archer...they took a builder guild this day. They also spotted some giants. We could have produced a ram - but I do not believe I can charm titans (they are a creature?) - anyway, we should have enough gold to buy the four hex. Then we will use the titan and saint from there to reinforce and help take out the giants and then the newly spotted walled undead 3-hex. At least, that is the plan

Turn sent.

posted 03-14-05 10:22 PM EDT (US)     10 / 66  
Elves - Turn 4

Captured a mine. Going for.. I forgot now, but I think a farm and something else.

Turn sent.

posted 03-15-05 00:10 AM EDT (US)     11 / 66  
Dwarves - Day 4

Sigh...we are three gold short - I should have disbanded an archer last turn but forgot. Oh well...there are actually three giants together - with no means to disable them, it is not going to be easy to charm them...if I even can charm a giant...sigh...hope that highmen 4-hex is already upgraded!

Turn sent.

posted 03-15-05 12:15 PM EDT (US)     12 / 66  
Elves - Turn 5

Charmed a giant, and he willing gave us his Guild. Too bad he smashed one of the archers. Charmed another giant to get a farm.

Turn sent.

posted 03-15-05 04:06 PM EDT (US)     13 / 66  
Dwarves - Day 5

Not sure if we are going to be able to charm the giants - all three in one battle is going to be a bit tough...although...hmm..I wonder...

Anyway, the Highmen 4-hex joined our cause today - although we were dissappointed at its upgrade level...we now set off to try to charm some druids so we can have lightning bolts - also building a ram...captured a tower fort and have a good idea of what is on the island.

Turn sent.

posted 03-15-05 04:33 PM EDT (US)     14 / 66  
Elves - Turn 6

Smashed a giant with some other giants and captured a mine. Buying the 4-hex, next turn.

Turn sent.

posted 03-15-05 05:13 PM EDT (US)     15 / 66  
Dwarves - Day 6

Nothing accomplished today as we just moved troops around...

Turn sent.

posted 03-15-05 09:49 PM EDT (US)     16 / 66  
Elves - Turn 7

Purchased a mighty city. Going to let the gold raise a turn or two. Also captured a mine. Keeping the group of units together.

Turn Sent.

posted 03-15-05 11:51 PM EDT (US)     17 / 66  
Elves - Turn 8

Broke up the party. The cleric hero, a paladin and a giant captured a small Lizard city. An archer followed, but was too slow. The rest of the party took out two wolves, but was unable to all reach the liar this day.

Turn Sent.

posted 03-16-05 00:13 AM EDT (US)     18 / 66  
Dwarves - Day 7+8

Nothing exciting...charmed a pair of druids and used the ram to help take out a small city...going to try to charm the giants I guess...but not too happy about my chances for success. Walls on every town we have meet so far. Three successive failed charm attempts on an archer leads to one of our saints being dead.

Turn sent.

posted 03-16-05 07:02 PM EDT (US)     19 / 66  
Elves - Turn 9

The smaller party captured a walled Frostling city. Thankfully that giant can throw big rocks. As dusk came onto the land, only the other hero, a saint and another unit ( I forgot what its called. The Highmen melee unit with round attack? I think its a Highmen unit. ) survived the liar. Though it is still infested, the sacrifice of the other saint, archer, and giant managed to free up a weapon and shield.

Turn Sent.

posted 03-16-05 11:33 PM EDT (US)     20 / 66  
Dwarves - Day 9

We have explored our island - but an air galley came from beyond our sight and will raze our capital tommorrow...even every troop in our empire is unlikely to be able to kill the silver medal air galley...

Turn sent.

posted 03-17-05 00:10 AM EDT (US)     21 / 66  
Elves - Turn 10

Grouping the smaller party near a node. Our other small party captured a shipyard. Soon we will be off this island, as long as the sea creatures let us move on. I believe I see an arena within a day's travel.

Turn Sent.

posted 03-17-05 00:25 AM EDT (US)     22 / 66  
Dwarves - Day 10

Well, the good news is the silver medal air galley carrying the catapult did not take and raze our starting 3 hex...instead it headed for our 4 hex Nearly everyone was gathered, so we had to try...really was nothing else for us to do. The battle was difficult - we lost some dear units - and nearly every unit that lived was wounded...but in a day or two, we will be healed...just a rough start. Our explorations underground continue to bear no fruit...

posted 03-17-05 01:17 AM EDT (US)     23 / 66  
The Agressive AI is behaving rather oddly. Must say that I am more surprised than Sprout!?? I have never witnessed the AI attacking itself, so how the silver medal?? How does a unit set to guarding leave its guarding perimeter? Such strange questions. Perhaps you truly are cursed when you play my maps Sprout.

Anyways it looks like Xiados got a huge boost. Or did he??

(Thanks for sending the Turn Sprout and I think a part of the mystery has been clarified. I loaded the game turn in the editor (This is actually possible some of the time but usually the game editor crashes) Indeed a Galley set to Guarding has left its guard perimeter, probably chasing Goblins who got off to a quick start. Where the catapult came from is anyone's guess as no such unit was put on the map and there are no razed areas where one could come from.

I consider this an serious map flaw which shall be corrected (Not sure how yet but I may have to eliminate the galleys from future versions of the map.) If you are wondering your turn logs have revealed to me One serious flaw, one moderate flaw, and two minor flaws. (All thes flaws incidently working in Xiados favour.) We shall see if Sprout's bad luck (call it the Arctic Curse) holds out or if he begins to make a comeback. (I am glad that the idea of making this a ladder game was his and not mine.)

Good Luck both of you and thanks for the great turn logs.

[This message has been edited by Arctic Wolf (edited 03-17-2005 @ 11:12 AM).]

posted 03-17-05 11:02 AM EDT (US)     24 / 66  
Elves - Turn 11

Its been a while since I used ships, as I forgot even a transport ship takes two days. Though after capturing the shipyard, it seems the Sea Serpents to the north and south don't like me, as they are beginning to close in on the island. I'm sure sea travel will be hindered quickly. Good thing I'm making lizards and penguins from the two small cities.

Only action was to send the new Paladin underground to look around. As long as theres nothing hungry in the area. Though the next couple of turns look to be busy.

Turn Sent.

posted 03-17-05 03:42 PM EDT (US)     25 / 66  
Dwarves - Day 11

We conquer a undead 3 hex with few wounds...garrisoning it will take the majority of our army, but hopefully we will be able to send an expedition to that interesting ruins over there...

posted 03-17-05 04:14 PM EDT (US)     26 / 66  
Elves - Turn 12

Silly me.. Of course if I attack the Water Node only the unit with swimming will engage them. Set those units back up, to enter the cave. Sent the other group over to the small island and spend much gold leveling the Titan and Saint. Also captured another small Frostling city.

The Dark Elves declare war on us, and the Paladin thats underground kills one of their archers.

Turn Sent.

posted 03-17-05 04:16 PM EDT (US)     27 / 66  
Dwarves - Day 12

A boring turn as we wait for the city to migrate to more reasonable folks.

Turn sent.

posted 03-17-05 04:23 PM EDT (US)     28 / 66  
Elves - Turn 13

The ship was attacked and our party has been stranded on the small isle. Too bad that spell we bought can't make us swim. At least the lone hero wasn't killed by the Yeti.

The other party enters the cavern and begins to scout around more thoroughly.

Turn Sent.

posted 03-17-05 04:37 PM EDT (US)     29 / 66  
Dwarves - Day 13

The Yaka Avatar, Djinn and powerful hero proved to be a bit too much in the ruins...we lost a unit and failed to charm the hero - the items we leave on the ground for now

Turn sent.

posted 03-17-05 05:14 PM EDT (US)     30 / 66  
Elves - Turn 14

Captured a mine. Moved out new gold medal Lizard Archer across to another island. Otherwise, just moved units.

Turn Sent.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL Half Moon Falls Game 1 (Xiados vs Sprout) Blind
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames