Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: RiverlandWars Lighthawks Jerk vs Thorongil
posted 10-20-05 02:24 AM EDT (US)   

Thorongil - Frostlings
The Jerk - Lizardmen

ThEJeRk

My Hotmailaccount sometimes fills up. Please try this adress if that happens: aow2mail@yahoo.se

Replies:
posted 10-20-05 07:54 AM EDT (US)     1 / 28  
First few days...

We begin to move around in the icy wasteland, trying to thaw ourselves out. What better way to do that than by killing a few malcontents? Our forces easily overwhelm the opposition in most directions, Halflings, Highmen, Orcs, and Goblins fall to our freezing blades. We begin moving south, searching for any sign of the scaly ones who we hear have sworn to exterminate us for some unknown reason. Factories are booming to prepare for the expected onslaught of watery creatures. So far there has been no sign of them though, we wonder what vicious machinations they may be up to...

sent

If you've come for a visit, you'd be welcome with fewer, if you've come to take me away, you'll need a lot more.
posted 10-20-05 10:12 AM EDT (US)     2 / 28  
Lizardmen report:

Unfortunately we are off to a slow start and we're troubled by the fact that everyone around us want to wage war. Whatever happend to friendly neighbours?

ThEJeRk

My Hotmailaccount sometimes fills up. Please try this adress if that happens: aow2mail@yahoo.se

posted 10-20-05 12:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 28  
The halflings are our first victim, defeated on day 12? or 13...not sure which day that was. Still no sign of the lizards, but since most of our scouts south have been stopped or killed, that's no big surprise. Explored a wizard chamber...only to discover a couple greater mummies who, needless to say, hated me. Killed one, and now the other is roaming loose. Bothersome critter. And I had to kill a Yaka Avatar for that...

sent

If you've come for a visit, you'd be welcome with fewer, if you've come to take me away, you'll need a lot more.
posted 10-21-05 04:49 AM EDT (US)     4 / 28  
We made an mistake early in this war and we will have to pay for it to the bitter end. Now we're stuck with large armies in distant places just to make sure our new citizens won't rebel...

ThEJeRk

posted 10-21-05 08:19 AM EDT (US)     5 / 28  
Left our hero in a rather tenuous position...hopefully the orcs don't do anything nasty to him overnight. In other news...the highmen are invading, and we have practically nothing over there to stop them, all our troops being occupied with the orcs.

sent

posted 10-21-05 06:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 28  
We can see the very powerful lizards in several places now. They've taken a nice 3 hex from us, and overrun the human capital. So much for the slow start... and the highmen are still making trouble, they took a 3 hex as well... we struggle to consolidate a few of our spread out forces.

sent

posted 10-22-05 07:57 AM EDT (US)     7 / 28  
We spot an Air Elemental fighting for the Frostlings and it's heading south. We muster some clerics to head out and kill it before it becomes to much of a nuicense. We also made a couple of mistakes today but if we will have to pay for them is up to the Frostlings (it may not be too obvious...) and the Dark Elves...

ThEJeRk

posted 10-22-05 11:40 AM EDT (US)     8 / 28  
Mostly moving troops around, we wait to see what the night will bring.

sent

posted 10-23-05 10:20 AM EDT (US)     9 / 28  
Finally managed to bring order to the former Undead lands. Other than that nothing exciting happend...

ThEJeRk

posted 10-23-05 11:01 AM EDT (US)     10 / 28  
Still not doing too much, trying to repel invasions of Azracs and Highmen. Glad that stack with Fath-noi is staying on the water, hopefully they will stay there until we can figure out something to do about them.

sent

posted 10-23-05 12:46 PM EDT (US)     11 / 28  
At least HIS bodyguard is big enough to handle most threats...

ThEJeRk

posted 10-23-05 02:45 PM EDT (US)     12 / 28  
As opposed to...?

Still moving men around...stopped a few threats from various quarters.

sent

posted 10-23-05 06:08 PM EDT (US)     13 / 28  
The lizards moved their three rams up towards our walls, but unfortunately for them, could not reach all the way in one turn. We hit them with almost five full stacks of various troops, mostly lvl 1s. All three rams were destroyed, and the syron, lizard king, champion, and other nasties accompanying them were also slain. Twenty-four of our own brave troops fell as well. Unfortunately Fath-naoi escaped south over the river...we shall mount a pursuit on the morrow.

sent

posted 10-24-05 04:08 AM EDT (US)     14 / 28  
Fath-Noi suddenly got homesick and he misses his friends and family. He decided to take a day or two off from work away from the front. He will be back again...if he makes it home that is...

ThEJeRk

posted 10-24-05 07:01 AM EDT (US)     15 / 28  
Looks like Fath-naoi will be making it home...if he indeed goes there. Our followup attack failed, due to only about 7 archers being able to reach him and his buddies.

sent

posted 10-24-05 09:03 AM EDT (US)     16 / 28  
For some reason the Frostlings divided their army into two separate hunting parties so Fath-Noi doubled back and killed some of his pursuers. We suffered no loss while taking out an Air Galley and supporting troops. Fortunately the Frostlings hadn't had the time to equip the Air Galley with the deadly ballistas. We might suffer from a retaliation attack during the night but our estimations of the Frostling armies in the area leads us to believe that we are safe for now...just to be sure we blasted the other army with the powerful strike of an Altar of Death. Unfortunately we had no scouts in the area to tell us the results...

ThEJeRk

posted 10-24-05 01:07 PM EDT (US)     17 / 28  
The results of your death blast...one slinger dead, some more guys wounded. That didn't stop them from moving on and grabbing a 3 hexer, but probably won't keep it long. Didn't have anything big enough to hit Fath-naoi with, still working on that one. Some consolidations were made in various areas...

sent

posted 10-25-05 04:20 PM EDT (US)     18 / 28  
Report for the last few turns:

Fath-Noi and his friends has moved north along the coast and so far the resistance is nowhere to be found. We are glad but not foolish enough not to realize that pretty soon a larger Frostling army will appear. We will continue with extreme caution. Elsewhere, tha Dark Elves are all but extinct and the Dwarves are next...

ThEJeRk

posted 10-25-05 05:26 PM EDT (US)     19 / 28  
We are not doing anything about Fath-Naoi and his friends at the moment, but we have a plan for them. Just let them get a little farther north...

Instead we hit the AI some more...the dwarves invaded...bad plan. They forgot to bring archers, and we slaughtered about 40 of them with almost no losses. Then hit the goblins, killing about 25 or 30 of them, and then about 40 highmen into the bargain. Pretty soon we'll have no one left to kill but lizards...and then sparks will begin flying.

sent

posted 10-25-05 07:05 PM EDT (US)     20 / 28  
Well, the last city of orcs, which was off the main roads and not worth attacking for a while, is now gone. The orcs are dead. The goblins and highmen are close, we killed what we think was the last goblin hero today, unfortunately lost our secondary hero to some nasty archers in a town. We thought only one could hit him...but were wrong. At least Dagernaught is alive and healthy...though not nearly as powerful as some of the lizard heroes we have seen.

sent

posted 10-26-05 06:20 AM EDT (US)     21 / 28  
The Lizard and Frostling armies clash north east of the former Elven Capital. Our two Air Galleys, our Ice Drake, Master Druid and Halflings slingers crush the attacking forces of the Frostlings without any losses on our part (although our Ice Drake survived with only 1 HP left). We are pretty sure that it was just their vanguard and that there will be larger and tougher soldiers fighting for the Frostlings in the coming battles. We have spotted Air Galleys, Dragon Slayers, Yaka Avatars and Ice Drakes...

ThEJeRk

posted 10-26-05 01:46 PM EDT (US)     22 / 28  
Actually...that wasn't even really a vanguard. It was just a few random troops who went out on a suicide mission to see what would come out of the woodwork to attack them. The real vanguard is what the lizards destroyed the next day, the gold medal drake and archers that cost them two gold medal air galleys and a dragon to kill. That was the vanguard. The main strike force hit them today. Dagernaught's lvl3 spellcasting that we've been accumulating came into play, and he cast towngate, which was ready today. First a nordic glow slipped in and took an empty human 2hex, then Dagernaught towngated in with a few friends...who joined the occupants of an air galley and a dwarven balloon which came over the river, and we hit Fath-Naoi and Senid before they ever saw us coming. Dagernaught himself had used up too many movepoints to reach the battle, as had the air galley and one drake, but Nom the Pure led the assault bravely in his leader's place. Fath-Naoi and Senid the Bold were both slain, along with 2 gold medal basilisks, one or two gold medal drakes, a master druid, a yeti, and a few smaller units. We'll see what the lizards do next.
We were not without casualties, one ice drake, 2 dragon slayers, and Roderick Nightrunner were also amongst the slain. We grieve their loss, but must soldier on.

sent...with condolences

posted 10-26-05 03:17 PM EDT (US)     23 / 28  
Actually, we're not hurt that bad. Of course we mourn our heroes but that's it. Our armies are still strong.

ThEJeRk

posted 10-26-05 05:57 PM EDT (US)     24 / 28  
We know where at least one of those armies the lizards speak of is. A dwarven scout found them cowering under the shadow of some mountains. We'll have to think of something to do about them, but if they keep moving as slowly as they have been, it shouldn't be a problem. Our heroes are much stronger now, with the cool items the lizards dropped. Dagernaught has begun plans for his next strike...

sent

posted 10-29-05 03:33 PM EDT (US)     25 / 28  
Nope...that's not a very big army. You'll see...

ThEJeRk

posted 10-31-05 09:19 AM EDT (US)     26 / 28  
A great day in the Lizard empire. In the west the frostling Air Galley carrying no less than 3 high level (would have been in my army any way...) heroes went a little too far. Our armies hiding on boats down river rushed forward and finished them all off.

In the eastern desert we meet little resistance and we even managed to seduce a Hero to join our cause. Things look good.

ThEJeRk

posted 10-31-05 08:29 PM EDT (US)     27 / 28  
Well, now it is our turn to grieve over lost heroes. There is always a bright side...at least we don't have to pay all that tremendous upkeep we were shelling out. And we did take down a couple of lizard drakes, a basilisk, earth serpent, and a few other nasties. We notice that the lizard army in the center has retreated...we wonder what they are plotting just out of sight.

sent

posted 11-07-05 09:38 PM EDT (US)     28 / 28  
Many days have passed...huge armies have fought and died...mostly the fighting on the lizard side and the dying on our side. The last couple days the lizards have become a little too aggressive...and lost a couple of those huge armies they were bragging about. At least 4 gold medal air galleys full of high level troops have been slaughtered by our brave soldiers. However...we can see several more out there, along with earth worms, red dragons, warlords, basilisks and other nasties. Last night we took down 2 galleys, 2 basilisks, a master druid, dwarven firstborn, and a whole bunch of shamen, ballistae, and djinn. We await the lizard response with fear and trembling...as most of our own forces were also destroyed in the battle.

sent

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » RiverlandWars Lighthawks Jerk vs Thorongil
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames