You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Road to Hell Co-op (Naismith, Eriksson)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 05-03-06 10:04 AM EDT (US)   
Map: Road to Hell Co-op

Players:
Halflings- General Naismith, joennaismith@hotmail.com
Highmen- Eriksson, poe@telia.com

/Eriksson
Life is nothing but a game
poe@telia.com
Replies:
posted 05-04-06 01:15 AM EDT (US)     1 / 138  
------------------------------------------------------------
Day 1 of the desperate Halfings....

Greetings reader!

I assume since you must be reading this, I must have passed away or perished in the war...

But enough of what has happened to me. Allow me to explain, I am the Joreal, Leader of the Halflings of Emertoss, and I am in charge of the defense of the people. I am fearful that my people may be wiped out however....

Just last night, my wife Salina sent me an urgent message about the positions of the advancing hordes of orcs under the command of Ruyag, veteran in combat and emperor of all orcs. However, we are not without friends we are at cordial relations with the Elves and Highmen, though still a bit unknown to me, I sent a message back home to Salina to write a official letter to Mithram of the Highmen of an alliance between our fractions. I worry that she might already have to much on her hands.......

Now Ruyag has, with no doubt, been eyeing the precious stores of food Emertoss contains and he sends what seems all of the army to assualt the defenders of Emertoss. Underground though, I remember leaving a group of devout diggers there, hopefully they can mine through the dirt toward our allies and we can aid them in the underground battle that threaten to start.

Within a great coliseum that dwarfs hone their combat skills in, I encountered a fierce group of warriors doing battle. I eagerly awaited for the victorious winner of the fivesome to finish so I might be enlightened on the Dwarfs strength in arms. While waiting in the magnificent stands, I could see peacful communities of Dwarfs up and about, doing chores and work closely related to Earth magic. These simple mountain folk can harness incredible amounts of power from a simple quarry of stone.

While talking to the leader of the training group, a kind boar rider, he filled me in on the strength of the Dwarfs and how the forest called Myrryn led to one last outpost of Dwarfs. Beyond that he told me, was wasteland deadened by Orcs and other unmentionables.

When I explained the situation back at Emertoss, he and his fellows jumped up and grasped my hand, intent joining me on my quest. They also informed me of another problem lurking north, and that aiding them will be a great help to the Dwarf populace.

Meanwhile, a fellow man-at arms who accompanied me to the Dwarfen realm in search of aid, has sent back word from a city called Erinn, a small village leading to the Melorion Forest, of the request of an Elven hero by the name of Elmer Heranel, who joined our cause on the condition that we promise to aid the Gracious Queen of the Elves, Marinda. Only then would they come to our side through thick and thin. My good swordsman told him I would only be to happy to send aid, and Elmer set off at once for the woods.

The night grows dark as another days passes...I and my fellow Dwarven friends camp close by to a local farm, ready to gain some rest and be ready to march toward the domain of Marinda. My feet ache already and my eyes are ready to close for the night.

I feel though that my first entry in this booklet is the begining of a quest, a mission that I know will be talked for ages to come.....something so amazing, it will be become a wonderous-___-_-__--__________..................

Turn sent

posted 05-04-06 12:53 PM EDT (US)     2 / 138  
Day 1 of the Highmen

Announcment to the world:
With nothing but our divine presence we have been able to keep the world in peace for ages now.
What the orcs and goblins have been up to the last weeks must be seen as a totally unaccepted behaviour and we will crush them once and for all to bring order back to the lives of the faithful.

I Mithram have been given the great honour to deal with these matters, unfortnatly I think my "divine" masters might have misjudged the situation a bit since the troops I lead are not as almighty as they think.

Today I entered a temple dedicated to the people of nature to ask them for help in my quest. Unfortunatly some misunderstanding with a crazy druid led to the death of one of my archers and the old man himself. Well, atleast we...hm...found some items that will be important in the fight against evil.

Messages from some of my scouts around this world tell of wealthy dwarves that might be an asset. Another messnger arrives with information about karge orcish troops invading the poor little halflings. My cousin Coron is there to help them, hopefully he will not get himself killed right away, he tends to believe a bit to much in his own imortality.

Contacts have also been taken with the halflings themselves. They wanted to give us money to help them but ofcourse we refused to accept that, we will stand by their side for the sake of peace.

Turn sent...

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com

[This message has been edited by Eriksson (edited 05-04-2006 @ 12:56 PM).]

posted 05-08-06 10:53 PM EDT (US)     3 / 138  
Evening 2 of the Halflings

Whew, I feel exhausted from today's events.

During the early morning so I was tol by my wife, a lone centuar from Emertoss proceeded to head toward Larda to save the citizens himself, despite the guards of Emertoss who nearly were crushed by his madless rage to save the people og that town. Salina tells me he succeeded, but that his steed couldn't go on further back to Emertoss. So she marched out from the city and set up camp with the injured centaur. From what I see, she gambles that the regrouped orcs in the area won't take the chance and wipe out the defenders and take my people's last home... I hope that my wife sent an message to Coron to let him know to march with the army, lest he be alone and a victim of the evil spreading across the land...

Up along the road, my swordsman writes back that Elmir, the elven hero, told the group to march ahead into the Melorion Forest towards a elven settlement called Vindelyn. Little did he know that the queen Marinda was present! He doesn't know why she is so close to what seems like a borderline between an outbreak of war, but he told the group to wait outside the city while he goes to talk to the queen himself.

Back in the underground world, I receive news that as my digging crews were working in the afternoon, a force of Goblin spearmen, priets, and poison darters made their way dangerously close to my digging party. Rushing back to a slightly larger force of dwarves back at the Builder's Guild Underground, they remain together they tell me and hope the attacking army retreats.

As for me today...
With my hearty Dwarven companions, we headed over the bridge to Erinn. Before reaching the city, We stopped at a amazing pool, replenishing our health, and strengthening our power, we marching buff and proud into Erinn, where the folk threw rows upon rows of flowers and decor, all intent on letting us know that the evil hordes of Orcs will fall beneath our unity and might! Feeling strong still we decided to abandon a generous stay at Erinn for the chance to be a mile closer toward Melorion Forest where it seems many allies are gathering.

Looking over my letters from my people, I surmise that we have to take a desperate gamble of life and death all over to insure the ridding of all evil forces. And so, the second day of my entry here is done, and I pray I will be here tomorrow for another.....

Turn Sent

posted 05-09-06 02:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 138  
Day 2 of the Highmen

We continue to try and estimate what power our enemies possess. The more reports we get from our scouts the more clear it is that our masters have misjudeged teh situation. I have tried to contact them in this matter but they seem to be busy with preparations for some kind of divine event at home.

There is some tension here at the border between elves and dark elves but so far no one has been killed and maybe we can solve everything peacefully.

Well, so far we are not beaten and if we can get the dwarves to think of other things than mining we could gather a pretty big army to push the evil forces back.

Coron reports that things look pretty good in halfling lands at the moment. He and Salina have organized the troops and stopped the orcs advance he writes, hopefully he isn't to optimistic as he sometimes might be. Funny thing he signed his letter with the name Conan and not Coron, well, as said before he is indeed a special man...

Turn sent...

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com

[This message has been edited by Eriksson (edited 05-09-2006 @ 02:33 PM).]

posted 05-10-06 02:41 AM EDT (US)     5 / 138  
Day 3 of the Halflings

It is the warm and hot afternoon here in farmlands just outside of Erinn, my back feels cured of kinks from my long sleep in the fields of wheat and crops. The villagers don't seem to mind.

Back to what has happened so far today.
While having a hearty breakfast with my Dwarven friends a messenger came to me from the gates of Erinn and waved a frantic letter held tight in his hand. I got up to silence this energetic little elf for I could see no reason for such behaviour. That is, until I saw what my wife Salina had written.

Joreal,

After marching the whole army out of Emertoss on a quick rescue mission, I have decided to eliminate the close by orcs from Larda in hopes that we can assert a more powerful grip in this area, before the dreadful orcs rally around what I hear a orc general named Barga. Intelligence I gather depicts him as a man who can lead an army when he feels like it, and by all means he can harness the weapons and men to do so.

So, to quickly strike at the nearby forces of Orcs and liberate the city Larda, I have assembled the Halfling forces here to rally on a position that will allow Coron, the local Highmen forces here, to strike first at the medium -sized Orc force heading toward Emertoss. Then, if enough energy is present in that strange man and his companions, he can also lead the liberation of Larda where a mere group of archers control the people like a tyrant. This battle I plan to have Coron win this battle with my party as support and backup should heavy casualties be inflicted, though not likely. Having the people of Larda under a Highmen's influence should no doubt strengthen our cause and relationship with eachother as we prepare to face the oncooming evil.

I will be seeing my first battle within the next few hours, and I hope that I will see you again Joreal.

With love,
Salina

After reading that letter, I felt a shiver run through my body, my dear wife going into battle for the sake of our people, provoked by evil forces and forced to fight for our lives..... the evil forces will pay for this disruption to all the fair people of this land.

I have not received any news from my underground miners, I now assume they were wiped out by the invading goblin force, or they are hiding under cover and hope to emerge when all is safe.

Later on today, I plan to move out of Erinn's domain and into the Melorion Forest, where I have arranged to meet with Elmir and his Elven force so we can proceed to where Marinda and Mithram seem to be headed.

Ah, wait. Another letter has just arrived for me from my faithful swordsman by a local farmer going into Erinn for his daily exchange of food, it seems supplies are plentiful here. My trained warrior writes that the locals of Vindelyn tell of a prison up north that holds many Elves captive. I will keep this information intact, and perhaps I can assist these Elves and free them from the most likely evil captors.

Beyond this, I await news from my wife on how the battle goes for Larda and I prepare to march to Vindelyn to meet with Elmir.

That, I think is all for now. I think I will write again tomorrow, after I play a game of Dwarven rock soccer with my companions.

Turn Sent

posted 05-11-06 05:42 AM EDT (US)     6 / 138  
Day 3 of the Highmen

I'm still in the elven forests up north. Even if our mission is to bring peace to this world it's frustrating that nothing happens, especially since we get reports of trouble in other parts.
We'll stay over the night but tomorrow I think maybe we can't wait longer for something to happen. A decision will have to be made, should we move in to dark elven lands to see what plans they might have or should we move south where we surely are needed.

Coron reports of a battle with orcs in halfling lands. As always his reports tell of glory and total victory but we are worried he wont be able to handle the situation by himself. Luckily he seems to have a very competent halfling leader by his side.

Turn sent...

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com

[This message has been edited by Eriksson (edited 05-12-2006 @ 05:50 AM).]

posted 05-12-06 03:56 AM EDT (US)     7 / 138  
Halflings, Day 4 and getting weary.............

Today is fairly peaceful. But is that the calm before a storm? Mainly back at Larda my wife writes that the attack was successful and that Larda is now in Hero Coron's hands. I am glad for this as now my wife can have a strong defense and solid ally to be backed up with. With a reasont letter she tells me that a huge army of Orcs have made their way through a path in the mountains and are almost in the clear. Salina has decided again to run from the protection of Larda and attempt to hold the mountain pass in hopes of detering the Orc army another way that can buy more time and money.

Speaking of money, our investments have not been wise. I see my fiancial advisers were not kidding when their letters of bills demanding money for various things arrived today. From what I see, opnly a few more days to be optimistic before al over the lands a bankruptcy will occur in Halfling coffers. Morale will plummet and the peole of Emertoss will lose hope of a victory. I do not send messages of help yet, for I am hoping that a city or treasure of money can keep the Halfling lands from breaking apart.

Apart from enemy forces in the lands about Emertoss, I see no signs of conflict anywhere else.

My miners deep underground have sent bacck word, they report that the force of Goblins appear to have retreated and they intend to move foward in a tight group.

I arrived at Vindelyn with my friends and we met Elmir outside the town. We exchanged hellos and greetings but after that we went into a deep discussion of what to do about the two choice to pursue: Follow and join up with Queen Marinda and Mithram? Or head toward the prison compound north and free those people? We debated for a good hour or so and came to an agreement. I would lead my forces toward our allies while Elmir liberates the Elven prisonors north, with his original force and some of my Dwarven friends

As I prepare to move I consume a quick snack in anticipation of the adventure ahead. I feel hopeful that all will work out, despite major problems in economy.

I hope to have exciting news tomorrow that will bring this land peace and prosperiety.

Joreal

Turn Sent

posted 05-16-06 03:32 PM EDT (US)     8 / 138  
Day 4 of the Highmen

A fairly uneventful day.

(Played the turn some days ago and didn't have time to post at the moment, now I don't remember to much of it.)

Turn sent...

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com
posted 05-20-06 04:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 138  
Day 5 of the Halflings...tensed....

Today I that back at Emertoss and Larda that my wife and Coron have successfully blocked the pass and the enemy Orcs appear to be retreating along a detour path around the mountains. She tells me that she used that advantage to secure a local mine near one of our beloved razed Halfling shires. Although she tells me in no time that money will soon be flowing in, I can already tell that the way she writes tells of the early signs of troop morale begining to plummet as the fact that Halfling coffers are now empty.
With the dawn of this new inward disaster, I fear for the people. I therefore quickly organized an letter to allies requesting aid in whatever economic forms necessary. For if the armies stationed in the lands of Emertoss become disbanded, the invaders can march in and crush what resistance is left....

The only decent news I have recieved from Emertoss is that the local Builder's Guild has sent word to the city leaders that a builder cabable of rebuilding the shire of Linbad for new Halfling resisdents to move into is almost complete. Though with the treasruy empty I wonder if the Halflings won't fall apart before the first house is constructed......

Back here in the Melorion Forest me and my companions decided to break off from the main group in pursuit of what seems like a wealthycity just beyond our visual range. Calling Elmir back from a mission already accomplished by our ally Mithram, we decided to make an
a clear pathway to the city by cutting around a local mountain through the forest. In the process, my original band of Dwarves were reunited with eachother and my good halfling soldier who has tagged along with the quest so far is back with me to share stories of great granduer and adventure. Before long Elmir and his devoted group of Elves came into camp and happily settled in with everyone. Taking care to teach and play a friendly game of woodland soccer with the Dwarfs, the Elves were welcomed by all of of us. In return for the little hospitality we gave to Elmir he gave us information beyond our minds and thoughts. His good friend was on a scouting mission when he discoverd that two Dark Elf cities lie just past the last clearing of trees. I can see Queen Marinda's Elven army marching by as the defenders of Alundrel and Delandea cower in thier towers as they watch the mighty army all but cush their crops and economy. I hope to strike at the inhabitants and convert the city to my people. Hopefully if the Halflings control these towns a steady source of income can fill the treasury again! For now we again camping, but this time we wait and plan an attack on these cities that might be the saviour of the Halflings.

Ah, another letter from my good friends underground. It seems although the news of no money to pay has reached them, they stoutly choose to keep digging further into the earth for a chance of finding something amazing to save the homeland. I am coming to the conclusion that digging is very addicting and enjoyable!!

This day ends on what hopeful dreams we can think of. Mostly everyone with me is nervous about the attack on the two DarkElf cities, but it is our only chance of survivial. But what am I doing here? While I write my whole group of friends are playing a game of hide the flag. Whoops! The flag just sailed over my head! I think I will join this hunt!

Joreal of the Halflings

Turn Sent

posted 05-21-06 02:39 PM EDT (US)     10 / 138  
Day 5 of the Highmen

Our paladin in the dwarven lands followed Mithrams orders to search for the sorceress Khalia that was exiled by our masters ages ago because of her magic experiments. She was found and agreed to join us in this war. I'm not sure our masters will like this but I think every force of good will be needed in the coming war.

I, myself, am standing outside the walls of ALundrel, a dark elven city in the woods north of elven lands. A huge army of good forces are gathered here and now we just await a good opportunity to attack. I think Joreal who has better relations with the dwarves present should take command and crush the few defender we can spot inside the walls.

Coron continues to move towards the orcs down in halfling lands. Hopefully the orcs will sooner or later make a stupid move so we can try to attack them.

We are also sending a couple of men down to the Emertoss mines in case something happens there.

Turn sent...

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com
posted 05-21-06 08:15 PM EDT (US)     11 / 138  
Halflings, Day 6 and about to retire for bed....

Ah...today is another day ending, BUT I am in the great comfort of a bed! Although the bed has crude decorations of DarkElf portraits all over....and the bedroom stinks of putrid smells. How, do you ask, did I gain the omfort of this bed though? Let me tell you then!

Today was an early and bright day where I was, the city Alundrel was just up ahead, a injured scout came to me from Mithram told me of a plan that can capture the city. Taking caution into mind, I broke through forest cover into the terrian of steppes, the kind of climate and area that DarkElfs enjoy populating. Coming outside of the city walls, I realized some significant damage had been inflicted by a mysterious fireball. I also checked with my local allies and realized they had been hit too. My ally Mithram had even lost a valued member of his team.....I send my condolences up in prayer now to the forces that control the world.

During the battle itself my good friend Elmir took it to himself to dispatch the lone DarkElf soldier and conquer the city! That is how I am where I am right now.

Meanwhile, another message from my good Highmen forced my wife Salina to decide, pursue the enemy through the mountains and hope to not get conquered? Or stay in the back with good man Coron in front, ready to warn of danger? My wife decided that no good souls would be lost on a senseless charge into unknown territory, she stayed within the same area, only switching the men in her group so that, should Coron see sight of enemies, at least Salina can reach the battle in time with the most able warriors deployed.

Oh wait, another letter I am reading by candlelight says that Salina moved her force into the hilly pass just ahead of Coron, so as to see and scout more into enemy-infested territory, though no fights will be started she says on needless accounts.

Great! More good letters I have just found! Builders from Emertoss tell me the local guild has completed thier builder unit! In fact it was completed so quick that as they write, repairs are in progress for the village of Linbad!
Great stuff.

It seems my miners are entering more rocky soil that cannot so easily be drilled though but that the underground path still goes on. I hope they are careflu downthere.

Another Halfling soldier situated in the Dwarven mines area says he is going to head to a lower level in search of treause. How I hope he does! The coffers of Halfings are most dangerously low now, indeed, I am sure that at least one day of stress will occcur all over my people as the payroll tomorrow doesn't roll in and questions start to rise. I only hope it won't go on forever. The additional cities I hope to conquer tomorrow and rebuild I hope will give the fiancial problems enough room to be manageable. Right now it is approaching the stage of "undercontrol", but anything may happen.

AH....again bedding really makes a difference from wheatfields and grass......really.........nice.........

Turn Sent

posted 05-22-06 04:58 AM EDT (US)     12 / 138  
Day 6 of the Highmen

Mithram:
It was a terrible night, I've seen much in my life but this was really horrible. Without any notice a storm started to blow and all the troops of elves and dwarves started to look worried. All of a sudden the sky exploded in flames and most of us had nowhere to take cover from it.
Many many men died this night, one of them my brave archer just beside me.
The remaining elves have fled and I think the dwarf troop was whiped out completely.
The only good thing was that the dark elves were hit too and the halflings were not so they came in to capture Alundrel later in the day.
I myself am unharmed so I went looking for the source of the terrible thing but I couldn't find anything. maybe it got burnt in the storm too.

Coron:
We just stayed where we are today on Salinas good advice. Scouts report of heavy enemy troops ahead and we can even see the smoke from their camps on the horizon. I'm not sure what to do at the moment because positions seems a bit locked, I'm sure Salina will come up with something though as she has proven her tactic skille before.

Khalia:
Finally something happens, I'll proven to the masters that magic is not only of evil.
We are moving northwest from the dwarves territory, they have told us of a mountain pass there leading to the orc lands, hopefully we can surprise them and do some damage this way.

Turn sent...

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com
posted 05-25-06 06:26 AM EDT (US)     13 / 138  
Halflings, Day 7

Another progressive day today! Again, when I go to sleep tonight, I will be in the comfort of a bed and shelter, though the posters and my surroundings remain to be DarkElf displays. The city of Delandea is ours! Halfling coffers and our economy can finally start to see hope for a recovery. Final letters for the day tell me the amount of debt owed is currently only 17 gold pieces a day. And when I looked at my charts, I saw exactly that number of pieces in our grasp from the spoils of Delandea. With the reconstruction of Linbad at next day's dawn, I think things can start to rise back up. The battle for Delandea gave my friends a more cautious view of battles now.

During the battle, my cavalry allies were relied on heavily to neutralize many opposing swordsmen as they came out of the city walls to attack. Elmir himself was near hit after being cornered in the city by two impundent archers and a mad swordsmen. He escaped over the walls just in time for his friend the Elf priest was able to heal some injuries done so he can go into battle. As soon as the bandages were wrapped though, Elmir shotover the walls like a wild beast and we can tell from the sounds of intenese battle that Elmir was victorious against the ranged attackers. To insure his victory I cast a spell over his sword as he climbed over the wall and into the fray.

After that, we took hold of city captives and we attempt to hold both DarkElf cities until a stable enconomy is established in Halfling lands. I saw some looks on the populace, they are not very happy at our presence. Our horse mounted men patrol the streets however and I think order can be held here.

Meanwhile, back at Emertoss, only one letter has arrived for me. My wife simply says that she will hold the pass for another day while the army rests and regains its energy. I truly hope Salina is taking good care of our friend Coron, I think Mithram secretly holds him dear.

My good miners down underground have alerted me to an widening of the tunnels, they say it is now big enough that a seperate army of mayhap 2 or 3 is now liable to be able to flank them on all sides. They trudge on they tell me and hope to choose a new path to take tomorrow. I write quickly to my friends to retreat back into the tunnels that can be defended easily. I do not want lose such good friends and people.

The swordsmen in the Dwarven mines has reached an area the Dwarfs tell him to be wary of, entering what seems like the third level of the Earth, local miners approached my friend and told him of a city excavated but also of all the Dwarven deaths around due to the areas unstablness. I hope nothing horrible happens to them.

I'll tell you this, beds can be a magnificent change, but one does long for Halfling colors and belongings once you sleep with such horrid portrays of DarkElf life.

I say good day and I hope to have another day tomorrow to write and record my adventure.

Joreal

Turn Sent

posted 05-25-06 05:04 PM EDT (US)     14 / 138  
Day 7 of the Highmen

Mithram:
Again it feels like my presence is not of much use. The halfling leader seems competent enough to handle everything himself now that the dwarven and elvish troops are gone. I will do what is expected from me though, I doubt we have seen more than small glimpse of what the enemy is capable of yet...my time will come.

Coron:
That pretty little wife of the halfling leader is starting to get on my nerves, she thinks she can fool me around any way she wants. Just wait til the big battles start then she'll see my glory. Ofcourse you can't expect the small people to understand my divineness. I'll follow her orders as the gentleman I am...and she is quite a girl too I have to admit.
My scout up north reports of the orcs movement and so far they seem to be doing exactly what we are doing...nothing that is...

Khalia:
The dwarves told us of the haunted Myrryn forest where many dwarves have gone missing over the years. We found some monsters that we killed and in their lair we also found some useful equipment, probably from killed dwarves. We will ofcourse return them to the dwarves but that will have to wait as there are much more importatnt things to take care of at the moment. Mithram has asked me for some magic enchantment. Very refreshing to hear a highman speak of magic in a posiyive way like that.

Turn sent...

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com
posted 05-27-06 02:43 AM EDT (US)     15 / 138  
Day 8 of the Halflings

What a horrible race of people we are! How horrible horrible horrible, at least, I know I am. Here is the story, I remember now that my good friend and ally forever Mithram was left outside in the cold as my people and I feasted on food and comforts. How could I do such a hideous thing! At once I sent a letter telling Mithram that the city of Delandea will be his so his empires can be established, I want to see good friends flourish and allies prosper. After writing the quick letter, I headed outside with my men and instructed them to leave posters on the walls telling the populace that they have to move out for emigrants of Dwarves from the south in five days. Hopefully this will provoke the people to rebel, and then Mithram can recapture the city and produce more military help and start the highmen's colony up here. I only hope that Mithram will except this after all I did to him.... how terrible it must be to be in the cold..... I think I will try it myself to make sure I know how it feels!

As I settle down outside the city I can already hear shouts of anger and protests at our proclamation, I think the inhabitants will rebel very soon.

Now I sit and read my letters, let me see what we have....

Looks like my wife has encountered the full enemy army at the mountain pass and has retreated to form a triangle with Coron, Salina's army and Salina's second army. I hope that her plans work. I do now want to hurt relationships with the Highmen and my dear friend Mithram by utterly destroying his only family in this area.

Oh no, no no and no....... my friends the miners in the tunenls beneath Emertoss, they speak of a huge horde of Goblins they are just attepting to retreat from. It seems though they will perish, as the letter informs me to speak to certain families telling them how much their dear ones left them.....how could this happen? How could I let it happen? More brave souls gone underground, while the tunnels crawl with the Goblins undisputedly, Emertoss is at risk of attack from behind.....I don't know what will happen now, will Emertoss fall? Will all the good races of this land be felled by the evil axe wielded by the forces of evil? I don't know anymore.................It seems all is lost for the Halflings...

I don't even want to sign anymore....what is the use..?

Turn Sent

posted 05-27-06 05:19 AM EDT (US)     16 / 138  
Day 8 of the Highmen

Mithram:
Today I got an offer from Jorel, more generous that I could imagine. He has left one of the two darkelves' cities fro me to take once the old population has rebelled. Meaning has come back to my life and ths way I hope to be able to build a small elite army that can strike the emeny wherever it's needed. Khala cast a spell on me today and I can feel my sword sparkling with energy, can't wait to try it in battle.

Coron:
We, along with Salina, have decided to pull back out of the mountain pass. The plan is to in some way make an ambush for the orc followers and strike when they come out of the pass, I feel the battle coming closer and when it finally comes....yes, then....then...what a gloruious day it will be.
Khalia, an old lov....ehum friend of Mithram is heading this way too to help us she says in her letters. She's one of those that call themselves sorcerers. I don't give much for her kind but Mithram likes her so I guess I'll have to play along.

Khalia:
On Mithrams advice we are now heading towards the Emertoss land to help them defending their lands, I hope we will not arrive to late. On our way we found a small enemy settlement guarded by only a couple of soldiers. Along with Corons scout we did a raid and killed them, we are not staying there but hopefully it can take some of the orcs minds of the halfling lands or something. I expect us to reach Salina, who leads the Emertoss forces, in a couple of days and then we should be strong enough to push back the orcs...atleast for a while.

Turn sent...

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com

[This message has been edited by Eriksson (edited 05-27-2006 @ 05:20 AM).]

posted 05-28-06 05:16 AM EDT (US)     17 / 138  
Halflings, Day 9 and waiting.....

Today is a strange day, I hear no news from Salina at Emertoss on how the battles are going or how my miners are doing...their last letters I hope not believe......

Meanwhile, since no information has really come in much, this is my shortest entry so far.

Right now Mithram and us are just playing some nice open field games as we wait and hope for the inhabitants to rebel. I do hope he will forgive me for my crude and evil actions.....

My quick mounted men ride into Delandea regularly to replace the migration signs and papers to insure the people of Delandea get provoked to rebel and disobey orders and our rule.

What could be happening???

Joreal....
Turn Sent

posted 05-29-06 11:48 AM EDT (US)     18 / 138  
Day 9 of the Highmen

Mithram:
Oh, what a terrible hangover, did a day really pass by...hope I was not beeing rude to anyone.

(hit end turn to quick and forgot to answer your ingame messages.)

Turn sent...

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com
posted 05-29-06 11:47 PM EDT (US)     19 / 138  
Hmm....shall I resend the turn just to clarify things? Or would you like to continue the game? No problem by the way, I do that too!
posted 05-30-06 09:23 AM EDT (US)     20 / 138  
No need to resend, just move on, all I forgot was to send you messages but I guess there wasn't anything really that important to say.

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com
posted 06-04-06 04:11 AM EDT (US)     21 / 138  
Er...I can't seem tofind the file anymore, give me aa bit mroe time to look........where could it be?
posted 06-05-06 06:11 AM EDT (US)     22 / 138  
I'll do a resend the just in case...

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com
posted 06-07-06 02:32 AM EDT (US)     23 / 138  
Halflings, unbelievably day 10

Another day spent rallying up our score between Mithram and me as we compared and tested our skills in a live chess game. The Highmen indeed know tactics of amazing strategy when I saw Mithram play. The ground is wet from a soft rain from the sorrounding mountains, and almost the whole troop is wet. Lot of the chaps just smiled and said those villagers in Delandea are probably thinking that the rain will be thier saviour, seeing as they have no other supply of water or food unless they decide to attack. Then, Mithram can strike,capture the city, and start work on a project to build the most elite soldier's of the Highmen order in this land.

But first, those dratted populace has to rebel openly.......

Besides the fact that all is wet and damp and muddy, the news I get from other parts of the Halfling realms give me a somewhat peace of mind for when I go retire to my bed tonight.

Now, for more letters....Hm...interesting, a letter from the village of Erinn. Great forests galore! If I can believe the populace there, they say that the whole royal Dwarven Army is being marched through the farms of Erinn on a stright course to Melorion Forest! Could it be help has arrived? I dearly hope our good stocky Dwarfs can help us!

Ah...jolly well good to hear allies coming to aid eachother...

Aha! Another faithful letter from Salina, my dear wife. She says that another good friend of Coron's has made visual range and contact. The leader of the small reinforcements is Khalia, a skilled wizard who can aid us well.

Salina also writes to say that the second army of Halflings of Emertoss have moved toward the back entrance tunnel to Emertoss. She hopes to block any thoughts of attack or sneaky tactics from that way. Last I heard, there was a lone Halfling slinger left wondering around, hopefully the army can meet up with him and exchange information.

Salina's tactic once Khalia and the reinforcements come is to move toward either of the two passages into Emertoss lands when ever scouts from Coron bring back news of which path the enemy will think of taking.

I hope we can hold on.

In a few days, the possesion of Alundrel will be in friend;y hands, and then we will have another forward base to constantly resupply from.

These letters are all I have to inform me on how the lands of Halflings and the good races are. So far, we need more luck to win!

Joreal

Turn Sent

posted 06-08-06 06:36 AM EDT (US)     24 / 138  
Day 10 of the Highmen

Mithram:
Hanging around with the halflings up north. I know why we are here but it's getting frustrating, I'm considering turning their offer to take control of one of the darkelves towns down so we can move on...ah, well, I guess we can wait another day. I keep warning people about the rising evil and that actions needs to be taken. Could I be wrong myself? Maybe we already put the dark elves back in their place?...

Coron:
Khalia is here and I decided to start moving forward a bit. Hopefully we will see some action in the next few days, I can't see how anyone could beat us now that reinforcement has arrived.

Khalia:
So, now we are here. Guess I'll let Coron take command of my troops as long as he makes nothing stupid, he might be sad otherwise.

Turn sent...

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com
posted 06-09-06 03:29 AM EDT (US)     25 / 138  
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------- -
Day 11 of the Halflings!

I jumped out of my muddy ground bed as the shouts of jubilant folks reached my ears. The flag of rebellion had been raised at Delandea, and we urgently send word back to Mithram, who left for an errand a while back.

As I count and calculate the bills and forms, it dawns on me that Halfling coffers will be given the chance to rise again as the city of Alundrel is almost done its change from DarkElf to Dwarves. Even now the carpenters are working on Dwarven-made furniuture and decorations and great blacksmith shops for the incoming Dwarven smiths.

Great! It seems the Emertoss army is on the offensive now that generous reinforcements have arrived with Khalia. I hope the two armies can overpower that region, should they lose, all of we worked for is lost....

On a lighter heart, the second Emertoss army of Halflings have made to the underground rendouvous with the two brave troops of Highmen who have held the pass for a while now. Without them Goblins would have flooded the lands. We should give them a medal. I will arrange for it after this evil is rid of out land.

EVerywhere else I hope is peaceful. I hear that the great Dwarven Armies and Elven Armies have joined together in marching against evil. I can imagine what a sight that is!

I hope that by tonight that many battles will and may have been won. Nighto journal and readers!

Joreal

------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------

posted 06-09-06 04:09 AM EDT (US)     26 / 138  
Day 11 of the Highmen

Mithram:
Finally they rebel, what a relief. After my short riding trip, just had to move around a bit, when I arrived back to Delandea the citizens had taken over in the city as planned and we moved forward to take it back. Luckily Elmir who is by Jorels side had the skills to climb the walls so we could get in, I saw him take a few hits from the defenders arrows but after treatment by their healer he seems to feel pretty ok.
Now comes the part where I need to hold stand for a few days before the last darkelves is cleaned out...I fear this might be a task hard to handle but atleast it gives me something useful to do.

Coron:
Salina did as I instructed and moved forward through the pass. I sure hope my divine powers will help us during the night because the enemy are stronger and more in numbers than the last scout told us. Khalia tried to advice me where to go to have the best view of the stars during the night...wish she could be more serious, there is a war ahead...well well, I told the troops to move a bit further then to make her happy.
My knees have started to shake for some reason too, not sure what it's about...guess I'll have to talk to my healers about it.

Khalia:
Oh, what has that crazy man Coron led us into, some kind of ambush?
Well, we can't leave the poor halflings alone there so we have to make the best of the situation. It looks to be a bit more narrow and easy to defend over there.
-Coron!, doesn't that look like a lovely place to camp over there?

Turn sent...

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com
posted 06-10-06 02:51 AM EDT (US)     27 / 138  
Day 12 of the Halflings

Very peculiar, the events I see today are like the calm before a storm. All the problems are not to serious and can be dealt with easily at the moment. But there is still this kind of uncertainty I am wary of.

Let us see....first off is the letter from Emertoss. My wife Salina writes this time that they have moved into open ground to fight a battle with the greatest Orc army ever assembled yet. I wish them good luck and I think all of the good lands watch this battle with hope in thier eyes, a chance that this nightmare will end....

Another letter from the Second Army of Halflings tell me they are preparing to pursue the Goblins through the narrow tunnels only until open ground is reached, then they will retreat back. Along the way, they say if the chance comes, they will pounce if the enemy lets slip any weakness.

Oh yeah, as for the town of Delandea in front of me, they seem to have rebelled after our successive battle against them. They will know the meaning of good when Mithram leads the charge so that we can convert these ungrateful populace into law abiding good folk.

Other than that, I need to rest my head and eyes after this hour of poring over materials. I can smell the good food being cooked for dinner. These Elves really do know a thing or too about the food industry! Mayhap its all those long inmortal years they live. Anyhow, I need to talk to Elmir not only about food, but about his newly aquired skills in offensive attacks and his ranged skills.

Hope all goes well and I don't get bit by the bugs in this field.....

Joreal

posted 06-12-06 12:20 PM EDT (US)     28 / 138  
Day 12 of the Highmen

Mithram:
What a dejavu feeling. Didn't I strom this town yesterday...hm...well, atleast now it's under my control again.
Got a letter from Coron telling of a plan to storm the orcs, well, now that Khalia is by his side I'm not terribly worried. She should know what is good to do...I also have trust in JOrels wife who also seems to be a woman with sense.

Coron:
Wow, what a day. Glory to us!
No one can stop us now, the enemy never stood a chance!
Let's crush them all.

Khalia:
We did a good job taday. THe enemy was not that weak but they just charged us in different waves so we could easily shoot them down. I wonder what would have happened if they had great leader with a tactic mind...well, I'm happy the don't.
It will be intressting to see what they do now.

Turn sent...

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com
posted 06-22-06 04:44 AM EDT (US)     29 / 138  
So...you have the turn?

/Eriksson
poe@telia.com
posted 07-04-06 05:13 PM EDT (US)     30 / 138  
------------------------------------------------------------­---
Yep I got the turn alright! Just that I have'nt been able to get to an internet computer since my school exams and such! I am really sorry for this long delay, and I give my thanks to you for being so darn patient!

HAve a great summer!

Lord Naismith
------------------------------------------------------------­---
Day 13 of the Halflings of Emertoss

Another beautiful day dawns! We woke again to assist Highmen leader Mithram on capturing Delandea, but we barely did any work! He is indeed a great weapons master, our ally Mithram. As soon as the casualties were counted and dealed with, another party of dwarves from the nearby city of Alundrel arrived, taking our minds off the rebellious villagers roving about. They come to tell us that the Alundrel is in the progress of putting finishing touches on some of the smithies in the town! Overjoyed that Alundrel was now fully populated with fellow dwarves, the dwarves who travelled over helped us to patrol the outiside of Delandea so that no stray vilagers can come up with any ideas of rebellion again. Altough should they attempt to do so, they'll learn that obeying the Highmen master of weaponry is a wise choice compared to repeated failures of rebel control!

It is good to sit down here and write of the good events coming our way, I think I'll take a look at some of our lett........WHAT?!? NO, no, no, NO! Beneath a letter from the locals of Alundrel who wish good tidings, a letter from my home city, Emertoss is a addressed to me from Salina. She says that a considerable force of Orcs have escaped the main battle that Coron led with Salina, and took a pass through the mountains to the cities of Emertoss and Larda!
If this is true, then the Halflings are truly gone! With a slaughter of good people and Halflings who lived their for countless years, the Orcs can easily assert control for a take-over! Years of slavery await my people and folk.........It all rests on Coron and Salina now to make haste back to the Emertoss lands and reduce any castrophic horrors that may occur!

I am too distraught to continue writing, nor read any more letters on the ground. This might be indeed a sad day that I shall never forget.

Turn Sent

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Road to Hell Co-op (Naismith, Eriksson)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames