You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Troubled Lands Co-op Turn Log (Maw,Lor,Eng,Der,Cra,CTe,the,)
posted 07-04-07 10:24 PM EDT (US)   
Ahoy! This is the real thing mates! This is the role-play turn log!

The game is a Co-op, with the map being played called Troubled Lands, by Jeff Pinard. You can find his work within the archives here. Go to the letters M-T, look for 'Pinard, Jeff', click his name, and look for the map called 'Troubled Lands'.

Of course, I'll provide the storyline he posted right here:

Jeff Pinard - Troubled Lands

The Undead are swarming the ancient borders of the Land. It has been said they will try to take over the Land in its entirety. In their Evil quest, they have already threatened the Orcs and Dark Elves into an uneasy alliance. Can the Forces of Good and Neutrality put aside their differences to rise up and save the Land from this most fearsome enemy? Differences in climate separate the Lizards, Azracs, and Frostlings from realizing peace. Racial tensions separate the Frostlings from their relatives, the Goblins. To make matters worse, the rivalry between the Elves and Dark Elves will certainly turn into war.
Another unfortunate side of this terrible turn of events, is the peaceful vale between the Halfling Kingdom and the Land of the Undead. This beautiful and peaceful valley had just been settled, and cannot hope to defend itself. Many had sought the quiet peace the vale had offered, and now they may be left with nothing.
There may be help though, in the form of ancient tales, which speak of magical treasure that can aid in the fight against One's enemies. The ancient writings speak of several places deep under the Earth. These areas - once inhabited by the magic of old - left their legacy behind. These same tales speak of magical pools that reflect these ancient magics. Watch these mirrored pools carefully. They can reveal the darkness as it spreads.
A strong word of caution: Sources say the Undead Generals have been training for years in advance of this war. They have been patiently waiting for their enemies weakest moment to begin their terror. Be very cautious of these dangerous Undead Heroes. May the forces of Good aid you in your Quest.

12 races - 7 spheres of magic - 5 heroes - Aggressive - Large

The link to download the map is here

Rules:

Undead, DarkElves, Goblins and Orcs are unplayable. They are the enemy we will all be working against.

This is an allied battle. No changing of alliances between the players. Diplomacy with the Undead, Orcs, DarkElves, Goblins and Lizards forbidden. They are the enemy.

Please, respect the rules of the game, and the proper etiquette here:

http://aow.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,629

Also check this out if you want some more background info on PBEM's:
http://aow.heavengames.com/strategy/pbemtips.shtml

And when you roleplay in your turn log, please, skim over this site to remind yourself or learn how to Roleplay a bit better.

http://www.grey-company.org/Circle/rpelf/etiquette.html

Helpful Hint:

STICK THE BLOOD 'ELL TOGETHER

Other notes:

Lizards were not chosen, and are set to allied stance with the enemy.

Also, we are playing this map on the Leader setting, due to the fact that when I tested it on no leaders, the game messed up some of the key characters and units starting out with.

SO I EMPHASIS. STICK CLOSE! LEADER DIES. YOU DIE!

Have fun everyone! This is my first time doing something so big, please forgive me if something wrong or bad happens with the map! And please! Be fairly active that we can at least get one day a week done! Stay active! I'm counting on all of you!

PLEASE POST HERE EVEN IF IT'S JUST TO SAY YOU SENT THE TURN! I need to KNOW!

Players and CURRENT TURN (Will be constantly updated):

CURRENT TURN:
Elves-Lord Naismith, joennaismith@hotmail.com

Humans-Enginerd, mjschuck@fidnet.com

Azracs-themak3, themak3@hotmail.com

Frostlings-CTerrorist, chris_tam94@hotmail.com

Elves-Lord Naismith, joennaismith@hotmail.comCURRENT TURN

Halflings-Mawgan Porth, ridgewayrambler@aol.com

Dwarves-CrazySlyHawk, emacfallon@hotmail.com

Highmen-Deroman, Ragederoman@luukku.com

[This message has been edited by Lord Naismith (edited 07-08-2007 @ 07:47 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-05-07 10:43 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
Raevenfrost day 1

We embark on bold adventures scouting out the lands and what do we see.... Our spell book is pretty horrid... let's see... dispel magic , rejuvinate (at least that will come in handy in this frigid land) and magic fire bolts.... guess we'll start researching something of our choosing....

Spiders! They won't bother us for a day or two.

Frogs! Hope our archers are ready for them.

Frost queens Yikes, we know how to deal with them.

Wheh... what a day... we capture a few nodes, farms, and other things. We have spotted a nice lizard town we hope to buy tomorrow... or maybe we'll build a ram and capture it later.

Wonder what kind of strange things will happen to us in the night... we can only hope.
posted 07-07-07 05:56 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
Day 1 of the Azracs.

Little comes our way on the spell front. Yaka smiled as we began to research a particular Fire spell. We give tidings to the Humans. Our warriors claim a city as well as some nodes. We make some advances north/west.

Turn Sent.

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 07-08-07 02:55 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
Teh Frossssttterrr day 1.

After having some bad technical problems for my city would not allow me to go in it (read my other post) Froster headed out to a high mounted city with rabid hell hounds and a pair of some mean looking creepies. Not knowing Froster soon realized his army was on the brink of death. He quickly saved himself first as he is the leader and sent his other troops back. To give the hell's men the better end of the short stick they ate his catapult.

The lone foot solider heads one step to find a dark pool, and negotiates a contract with the nearby city. Later on the penguin's attack an unwanted mine.

The sub division collects a well lasting trip to the bloooodd fountain. Yes trenching themselves in a pool of blood made that much stronger. Though as Frostlings would due to their nature ran for their lives when a magician came....

Turn Sent.
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Troubled Lands Co-op Turn Log (Maw,Lor,Eng,Der,Cra,CTe,the,)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames