You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL The God who was Defeated (disenchanted vs. CrazySlyHawk)
posted 07-31-07 09:10 AM EDT (US)   
(I might not be entered in the list of WL)

Standard house rules, no boats on land...

disenchanted of the Orcs

vs.

CrazySlyHawk of the Dark Elves

Lets begin!

Token Irish Gamer!
Replies:
posted 07-31-07 09:26 AM EDT (US)     1 / 26  
Day 1 lof of Lorien the Lost...

'Drifting meaninglessly around the nearby countryside, I realised that I had not yet proven we were ready to strike out. I took it upon myself to attempt to sack nearby Cicily. Failing this task caused great stress for one of the leders who rushed to my defeated self. I will be a full strength tomorrow, and the Dark Elves will have trebled their borders...'

Turn sent to disenchanted of the Orcs!

Token Irish Gamer!

[This message has been edited by CrazySlyHawk (edited 08-02-2007 @ 09:22 AM).]

posted 07-31-07 07:43 PM EDT (US)     2 / 26  
Darnell Fangsor of the Orcs, Day 1

Fangsor fight sand people! Sand person shoot Fangsor friend, sword-guy Dave, make Fangsor mad!! Fangsor say smash all sand people! But sand people have very many bow mans. OWWW, the hurting!

Fangsor try new approach Fangsor learn in anger management workshop. Fangsor empathize with bow man situation. Fangsor tell bow mans it not much fun to be stuck in one hex town twanging bow for 4 gold/turn. Fangsor make suggestion: bow mans fight for us or else they go smash! Fangsor very persuasive! Now Fangsor have more big army thanks to people skills!

Fangsor so happy he forget about arrow in head. Holy man fix head tomorrow.
posted 08-01-07 07:47 PM EDT (US)     3 / 26  
Request resend.

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 08-02-07 04:42 AM EDT (US)     4 / 26  
Turn re-sent. Also, Fangsor note that he mistakenly load autosave immediately after playing turn. Fangsor can see future! Fangsor hope this not cause restart message tomorrow.

(translation - I didn't realize autosave.asg was from our game, but fortunately when I loaded it, it was my turn, so all I saw was my own empire and "day 2 dawns".)
posted 08-02-07 09:21 AM EDT (US)     5 / 26  
Day 2 of Lorien the Lost.

I have directed a charge on Ciscily. However I sustained great wounds. The priest finished off the LIzard resistance, and we take a day to gather our subsistenece. Our borders have expanded to the north and east, too!

Turn sent to the Orcs!

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 08-03-07 07:29 AM EDT (US)     6 / 26  
Fangsor have weird dream! Everything upside-down and purple! In dream, Fangsor is Dark Elf! Then Fangsor wake up. Still Day 1. Fangsor think this not his turn, request resend.
posted 08-03-07 10:37 AM EDT (US)     7 / 26  
Praying for sucessful resend....Resent!

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 08-11-07 02:04 PM EDT (US)     8 / 26  
Day 3 of Lorien the Lost.

'Lacking mana, we postpone our advances into summoning magicks. The caverns have now become much more profitable. Dwarves on the horizon.'

Turn Sent.

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 08-29-07 05:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 26  
Darnell Fangsor of Orcs, day 2 (late post)

Fangsor not remember what happen today. Perhaps thing where man shoot Fangsor with thing...

What Fangsor talking about? Oh yes. Fangsor think arrow breaked brain.

Day 3

Fangsor remember - yesterday, buy town from skull heads. Fangsor not know what skull heads need gold for, but not argue.

Fangsor make new friend, Grommet! Maybe Dark Elf bosses think they badass? Grommet kill with breath! Grommet ass SUPER bad! Look out pointyears!

Day 4

GRRR! Fangsor hate sand people! Sand man say war is with Fangsor! Bow mans shoot us again! Fangsor say make up minds what side you on, stupid bow mans!

FANGSOR CRUSH SAND PEOPLE! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

[This message has been edited by disenchanted (edited 09-14-2007 @ 08:35 PM).]

posted 08-29-07 05:09 PM EDT (US)     10 / 26  
Day 4 of the lovely Elves...

Running head first into the front line, we grab Undead and Dwarven possessions. A good day for revenue (at last) and we hope for fewer long winters.

Turn Sent.

Token Irish Gamer!

[This message has been edited by CrazySlyHawk (edited 08-29-2007 @ 05:10 PM).]

posted 08-29-07 05:32 PM EDT (US)     11 / 26  
Fangsor of Orcs day 5

Fangsor hate walking, but can't kill sand people every day.
posted 08-29-07 05:40 PM EDT (US)     12 / 26  
Day 5 of the mighty Sylvans...

Took a small native city from right under Goblins noses. Diplomacy is a lovely thing

Turn sent to the Orcs.

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 08-29-07 09:16 PM EDT (US)     13 / 26  
Day 6

Fangsor crush sand people!

(Orc historian's note: For those who may be having difficulty with our leader's, shall we say, dialect, this statement is present tense. That is, he is actually engaged in crushing the sand people at this moment. On the surface this is indistinguishable from his previous use of the phrase "Fangsor crush sand people!" which was presumably intended as a periphrastic construction expressing his desire to crush the sand people, but omitting at least one auxiliary verb.)
posted 08-30-07 04:50 AM EDT (US)     14 / 26  
Day 7 of the Elves.

During my sleep, an insane storm priest made me awaken into the day before. I rushed to the Emailin file on my computer and deleted the previous turn files. I subsequentely awoke in the proper time...
The 'other' Elves declare war. Why? And we secure little on the surface from the goblins.

Turn sent!

Token Irish Gamer!

[This message has been edited by CrazySlyHawk (edited 08-30-2007 @ 04:50 AM).]

posted 09-03-07 09:15 PM EDT (US)     15 / 26  
Fangsor of Orcs, day 7!

Fangsor crush sand people!!

(Orc historians note...sigh...I think Fangsor means to say "I have just struck a crushing blow against the sand people.")
posted 09-08-07 01:11 PM EDT (US)     16 / 26  
Fangsor of Orcs, day 8

Fangsor meet dark elf. Nice to get to know enemy in person before they go smash!

Fangsor of Orcs, day 9

What's your mine is mine mine! (Orc historian here...I think that should have read something like "what's yours is mine"? Like, as in, we captured your mine, so your mine is ours. Ha ha.)

Fangsor love wordplay almost as much as swordplay...ha! Fangsor make another funny.

Fangsor of Orcs, day 10

Dark Elfs clearly expect to be attack, so we throw them off balance with "stand perfectly still" maneuver.

Fangsor been practicing this for months. Element of surprise very important element of strategery.

Fangsor of Orcs, day 11

Fangsor thumb nose in general direction of elfs! Come get us pointy-ears!

[This message has been edited by disenchanted (edited 09-13-2007 @ 03:31 PM).]

posted 09-13-07 03:41 PM EDT (US)     17 / 26  
We expand deeply into the underground. However Goblins control much of the rest. Tensions rise...

Turn Sent!

This was a giant bluff.

Token Irish Gamer!

[This message has been edited by CrazySlyHawk (edited 09-17-2007 @ 02:03 PM).]

posted 09-13-07 03:42 PM EDT (US)     18 / 26  
The Orcs strategically close off a valley. We cannot attack them with great numbers from our side. We await the dawn...

Token Irish Gamer!

[This message has been edited by CrazySlyHawk (edited 09-13-2007 @ 03:42 PM).]

posted 09-13-07 03:56 PM EDT (US)     19 / 26  
We continue to await some sort of push against us. It will probably be soon and very likely that one side will be crippled. We doubt our own reserve strength.

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 09-16-07 05:43 PM EDT (US)     20 / 26  
CSH - Disenchanted politely asked me to investigate restart messages that have been seen in this game. Could you please explain your best guess as to why there have been restarts?

One particular event is the last turn that you were asked to resend (and did). The first turn you sent to Disenchanted appears to have been opened and his forces moved prior to him receiving the turn. Can you shed any light on this? Please post in this thread or email me.

(note: email with this request sent to CSH)
posted 09-16-07 08:46 PM EDT (US)     21 / 26  
CSH, don't misunderstand me - I didn't care about the restarts until recently. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, even though it looked like you got a restart almost every turn after a certain point. I would have questioned you about it eventually (before informing anyone else) but when I got the most recent turn I just didn't know what to do with it.

I explained my position as follows: "I was trying to assume the best: the restarts alone could be anything, so I just took it on trust that there was an explanation. He could have played my turn just to simulate one or more battles (maybe he was just too lazy to use the editor?) But together they are quite suspicious."
posted 09-17-07 02:01 PM EDT (US)     22 / 26  
Well I do have a genuine restart problem in some games, I cant explain any turn restarts in the Great War, I have been getting them daily and I can honestly say I would not abuse my weaker position, Im enjoying losing and winning in that game too much.

I HAVE restarted 2 turns in the said game. Im very ashamed to admit it, but I lost my hero turns 1-3 and I felt crippled.
I looked at the one turn, the last one there. I was in utter despair at spotting your progress into the underground, I had NOTHING in the underground.
I was guessing from your turn log AND the no fog of war that you had just beaten the Azrac village next to your homecity and not anything much else. I was confident (enough) 'til then.

There have been other instances, such as my 'white starts' against AI in some games, this being a lighter example. In the Apprentice game there was a mutual restart in one turn, everybody (except Deroman) restarting in one day.

(zsaber is a remarkable talent however)

I do hope to continue my Icedale adventures with Mawgan, and Riverland if soul gets back. Forgive me disenchented, your a far better player than I am! I do offer my removal from the Wizard Ladder if needs be. Hopefully I will come back, better than ever!

Thanks to Enginerd for responding appropriately, but was there need to make this public? My minor reputation might be damaged...

I would also use this opportunity to state that themak3 IS NOT ME, but he does use this computer to do his turns, if he has them.

(Notice how I refused to use smilies or lols to dilute my statement. And this has been haunting me for 12 hours, school hours)

Token Irish Gamer!

[This message has been edited by CrazySlyHawk (edited 09-17-2007 @ 02:09 PM).]

posted 09-18-07 08:22 PM EDT (US)     23 / 26  
Thank you for your honesty CSH. I appreciate it and it shows of your good character. However, it is also a violation of house rules to do the things you described above.

I encourage you to continue playing this game to its conclusion (and all your other games) but I am awarding the WL victory to Disenchanted.

Also, I am issuing an official warning to CSH for his behavior (email sent to CSH).

Finally, it would be counter productive to continue the discussion around restarts publicly. (no need to beat CSH up any more than is already done, let's move on)
posted 10-10-07 02:59 AM EDT (US)     24 / 26  
Fangsor of Orcs, day 13

Fangsor fight midgets! Fangsor have natural charm (seduce and dominate too!) Midgets not resist us!

Else where, sand man make alliance with elfs! Sand man be named Elfsmasher! Why Elfsmasher no smash elfs? *Sigh* Fangsor have to do everything around here!

No more Mr. Nice Orc! Fangsor smash elfs! Fangsor smash sand man! Fangsor smash midgets! Fangsor smash world!!!
posted 10-14-07 00:06 AM EDT (US)     25 / 26  
Fangsor of Orcs, day 14

Fangsor say be taking of that, midgets! Fangsor want much smashing of elfs, but cant reach...
posted 10-19-07 06:56 PM EDT (US)     26 / 26  
Day 14

The Evil coalition has risen!!!

Token Irish Gamer!
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL The God who was Defeated (disenchanted vs. CrazySlyHawk)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames