You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Charlatan (Disenchanted - Balak - DanP - Zsaber)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
posted 09-16-07 09:50 PM EDT (US)   
Round 1 of the September 2007 PBEM Tourney

Standard House Rules

Additional rules:

Exception number 1:
No Fighting in the Wizards Manse until day 30. The spells are meant to be used by all. (if you don't know where the Wizards Manse is look in the editor or watch for the signs).

Exception number 2:
The use of Teleporters guarded by fire is prohibited except to return to your own kingdom. On day 30 all fires expire.

The no fighting rule is not meant to include AI opponents who cannot read my rules.

Turn Order

Disenchanted - Highman
CrazySlyHawk Barak of Thorn - Halfling
DanPetersson - Elf
Zsaber - Dwarf

[This message has been edited by Enginerd (edited 12-08-2007 @ 11:13 AM).]

Replies:
posted 09-20-07 11:20 AM EDT (US)     1 / 97  
Good luck on this map everyone.

Just as a note: I have noted some exceptions to the Standard House Rules in the readme.file and in the story for the scenario. Enginerd indicated to me that the special rules should apply for this map, but I urge him to make a posting to verify this as he may have changed his mind since we spoke (actually emailed).

Exception number 1:
No Fighting in the Wizards Manse until day 30. The spells are meant to be used by all.
Exception number 2:
The use of Teleporters guarded by fire is prohibited except to return to your own kingdom. On day 30 all fires expire.

The no fighting rule is not meant to include AI opponents who cannot read my rules.

I urge Enginerd to clarify whether he intends for these exceptional rules to apply to this game.

Good luck again to everyone.
posted 09-28-07 03:20 AM EDT (US)     2 / 97  
turn sent
posted 10-09-07 06:13 PM EDT (US)     3 / 97  
Elves day 1

Played and sent!

Itīs nice to be important, but itīs more important to be nice.
posted 10-10-07 04:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 97  
I must have received turn 1 twice, because I found a new turn in my inbox, but it appears to be turn 1 again. I shut the turn down immediately, so I hope that a restart message can be avoided, but if so happens when day 2 appears, then you all know why.

/Dan

posted 10-10-07 05:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 97  
You guys play these games for long time?

Maybe i want to join too. I will test it with my brother and i will talk to you later.

Currently doing: "Arena's Mayhem" (a sketch of a future map)
posted 10-12-07 00:04 AM EDT (US)     6 / 97  
Dwarves - day 1

Doing the usual buying and conquering.

turn sent
posted 10-13-07 05:29 AM EDT (US)     7 / 97  
Day 2 - turn sent
posted 10-13-07 04:06 PM EDT (US)     8 / 97  
Elves day 2

We expand rapidly. A hero came wandering by, and he was quickly "convinced" to join our ranks.

Turn sent!

posted 10-13-07 09:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 97  
dwarves - day 2

Not much going on, mostly moving I think.

turn sent
posted 10-15-07 03:28 AM EDT (US)     10 / 97  
Glad to see the game is moving right along. I'm sorry to hold it up even for a couple of days, but I can't do anything tonight. Do not fear! I'm fairly sure I can play tomorrow night on my laptop, but this may cause a restart message (if anyone thinks this is NOT preferable to delaying the game more than it has been please say something or email me.) Since I don't have any other turns waiting to be played, I'm not posting a formal absentee note.

edit:

Highmen day 3

Relations with certain neighbors are getting frosty, and the Undead are probably in the area, so we're bracing for a real avalanche in the next few days. Today saw only two minor skirmishes near our border, but it could become a full-blown Cold War. What the Frostlings don't know is that they don't stand an icicle's chance in hell!

Turn sent!

[This message has been edited by disenchanted (edited 10-16-2007 @ 10:18 AM).]

posted 10-20-07 04:41 PM EDT (US)     11 / 97  
Elves day 3

More expansion and we also met some undfriendly cold ones.

Turn sent!

posted 10-21-07 02:38 AM EDT (US)     12 / 97  
Dwarves - day 3

Mostly moving and uniting our force.

turn sent
posted 10-23-07 01:31 PM EDT (US)     13 / 97  
Day 4-

An uneventful day until...AAAAAAAAH here come the Undead! All of them apparently! For now all I can do is keep some of my guys out of range and try to regroup.

turn sent
posted 11-04-07 04:39 PM EDT (US)     14 / 97  
Elves day 4

This day started out in wonderful fashion as we managed to seduce a new hero, kill some horrible monsters and gain some new ground. All was ruined when we attacked a highman city and tried to charm their troops. Suddenly the game froze and a message appeared: "Exception occured during ExecuteBltSurface event"

There was nothing else to do but to restart and replay from the start. Unfortunately things did not go just as well this second time.

Turn sent!

posted 11-04-07 11:58 PM EDT (US)     15 / 97  
Dwarves - day 4

We spent all of our gold buying two indy heros who wonder aimlessly thru our kingdom. Still moving about and uniting our forces to take out some undead hopefully.

turn sent

The restart is caused by reinstalling window xp on my system a week ago I think.
posted 11-09-07 00:58 AM EDT (US)     16 / 97  
day 5 -

Swatted a stray Dwarf. Undead and Highmen are now suddenly friends, so we can focus on our vertically challenged neighbors.
posted 11-14-07 02:28 PM EDT (US)     17 / 97  
We are now moving in towards the centre; the underground is a hive of activity.

Turn Sent!

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 11-15-07 04:04 PM EDT (US)     18 / 97  
Elves day 5

A calm day in the elvish empire.

Turn sent!

posted 11-17-07 08:38 PM EDT (US)     19 / 97  
dwarves - day 5

fleeing from the highmen.

turn sent
posted 11-18-07 05:22 PM EDT (US)     20 / 97  
*Sigh* Why does everyone flee from us? Is it because we've been marching for 6 days without a shower?

A few of us forgot which way they were going for a moment, but hopefully not far enough to disrupt our larger plans. Turn sent.
posted 11-27-07 11:40 PM EDT (US)     21 / 97  
Turn sent to BalakofThorn, who is taking over for CSH.
posted 11-28-07 05:18 PM EDT (US)     22 / 97  
My first PBEM round and everything goes just as it should. Taken a farm, making good contact with an race that probably will give my quite a good advantage for this game. Also sent an little army which shall eliminate an possibly undead threat.

I made it work with saving and found the file that shall be sent to dan but i couldīnt find your email. Send it to me so i can send the game back to yaa!!

No need for unnecessary citerias.-Balak 20/03.08

Well.. that was a unnecessary citeria
posted 11-28-07 08:43 PM EDT (US)     23 / 97  
The email address should be listed in-game. (Right when you end your turn and save it, a window should pop up telling you who you're sending it to.)

I have dan-petersson{at}bredband{dot}net. It says dan_petersson{at}telia{dot}com in the Wizard Ladder standings section, but that could be old. No reason not to try both.
posted 11-29-07 10:59 AM EDT (US)     24 / 97  
Iīve sent it to yaa

But something went wrong, it seems that i canīt send you the file but i will try a few more times.

Silly me, iīve sent it to .com instead of .net. Sorry for making you waiting for it but iīve sent it to the rigth adress now. DanP, your turn

No need for unnecessary citerias.-Balak 20/03.08

Well.. that was a unnecessary citeria

[This message has been edited by BalakofThorn (edited 12-01-2007 @ 11:03 AM).]

posted 12-01-07 03:53 PM EDT (US)     25 / 97  
Elves day 6

Moving forth.

Turn sent!

posted 12-05-07 10:47 AM EDT (US)     26 / 97  
Highmen day 7-

Advancing on all fronts, moving us closer to a probable showdown with the Dwarves. (At least, I assume they're going to try and stop us somewhere.)

turn sent (just got it a few hours ago, so Zsaber may post a turn log yet...I hope it doesn't turn out that the Dwarves were plotting something really nasty and that's why they couldn't say anything here.)
posted 12-05-07 07:26 PM EDT (US)     27 / 97  
Dwarves - day 7(late post)

Still retreating coz we don't have enough to take on the highmen yet. They probably take the one-hex undead town that we were almost finished migrating .

turn sent last night

switching to my old pc to play aow, sorry about the restarts.
posted 12-06-07 02:56 PM EDT (US)     28 / 97  
Elves day 7

Making some progress, but some of our troops seem to be in the wrong place.

Turn sent!

posted 12-06-07 09:01 PM EDT (US)     29 / 97  
Dwarves - day 7

The highmen don't seem to stop advancing, wonder what we're going to do about that. Elsewhere, we see the frostlings are invading the undeads and the azracs hmm... haven't seen much of them yet.

turn sent
posted 12-07-07 11:53 PM EDT (US)     30 / 97  
You wonder what you're going to do? Let me tell you: you're going to pile your whole army around the entrance to the caverns so you can shoot us one stack at a time when we come up. That's why we stop advancing for now And the other army stops advancing because it has more important matters to attend to than taking a 1 hex town. What's more important than taking a 1 hex town? You'll find out soon.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Charlatan (Disenchanted - Balak - DanP - Zsaber)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames