AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Co-op vs: The tale of Rocky Hollow
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 02-10-08 10:52 AM EDT (US)   
Standard house rules, leaders off, Co-op 4 vs 1.
Participants:

Humans, King Paganus IV - Pakana [pakana(at)freemail(dot)hu]
Orcs, Chief Oden - CrazySlyHawk [emacfallon(at)hotmail(dot)com]
Frostlings, Emperor Balak - BalakOfThorn [rastrom(dot)valla(at)telia(dot)com]
Dark Elfs, Marquis Naismith - LordNaismith [joennaismith(at)hotmail(dot)com]
- versus -
Undead, Countess Paxian - Deroman [Ragederoman(at)luukku(dot)com]

Map sent for every faction. Greatest of Luck.

-/X\(++)/X\-L.E.D. Frozen Warrior-/X\(++)/X\-

[This message has been edited by Deroman (edited 02-10-2008 @ 10:58 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02-11-08 04:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 72  
Day 1 of the Humans.

I sent my scouts to every corner, looking for some treasure, for we are extremely short on gold...

TS.

ps.: Please excuse my absence, guys! The game is on now!
posted 02-12-08 04:41 PM EDT (US)     2 / 72  
Day 1 of the Darkblade Klan...

Fixed the Klanbanner to my own head as my armies spilled out unto the land, sensing imminent slaughter. A small Halfling vale will bear the brunt of the charge. After that, on forth to greener pastures!

Turn Sent!

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 02-13-08 01:42 PM EDT (US)     3 / 72  
Northern Callings

I remember it so clearly. It was late nigth when i received the message from King Dorm, but nothing that matters as the nigth was just as dark as the day in those halls, deep beneath the earth were i sat. I had survived the goblin hordes but still, deeply wounded. The message was brougth by Eorlogh wich back then only was a little boy and not the lord he have become. I remember one of the clerics who fougth with me, reading the letters from King Dorm. It was about a human necromancer who had been blinded by the powers of undeath and now ruled over a place called Rocky Hollow and spreaded her decayed powers all over the lands. I founded it clear that something had to be done but other dwarves disagreed with me as we were to damaged after the goblin wars. That was also King Dorms words but he felt that he had to tell me, after all, it once were my home.

Unable to do anything i lied for days waiting for a miracle that King Dorm would change his mind. Days went and no responce from the elemental king but there were a message received by mine. Frostlings well known by me as i once were their emperor, requested aid as quick as i could. Now i had to do something but still unable to move a finger. I sended a dwarven lord called Whitebeard to represent me in Rocky Hollow. Whitebeard reached the frostling territory in time to figth the undead for the frostlings but mostly for me as i now official had taken the crown back and once again were the Frostshore Emperor, Balak Ironaxe of Thorn.

1st day after Whitebeards arrival

"I am Arxis Whitebeard, sent by Balak to aid you in combat" were my words when I for the first time faced the frostling queen Veronica Venus. "Welcome, we are yours to comand" were her answer. I understood that the frostlings didŽnt were the most social comapany and always talked with small words if not needed. So I respected that and didŽnt talk so much either. She had already told me that I lead the command so what was there to say?

I did not have long time before the undead would arrive so i took of as soon as possible to raid an old fort and I founded great equipments wich probably makes me the strongest hero in Rocky Hollow for the momemt and I felt great confident to continue my journey.

"For this is only the beginning of the tale of Rocky Hollow"

TS

No need for unnecessary citerias.-Balak 20/03.08

Well.. that was a unnecessary citeria

[This message has been edited by BalakofThorn (edited 02-16-2008 @ 02:05 PM).]

posted 02-14-08 03:05 AM EDT (US)     4 / 72  

The dawnly era of the Elfs from Liltilid

I, am Marquis Naismith. I lead the humble Elven kind whom have suffered at the hands of the surface-dwellers, and a wide disposal of other rotten creatures of vile sort.

The elves of Liltilid have had enough of this. The breathing dead break upon our borders, and my people are angry with hatred at the pain we have been given at the hands of these savage bonepiles. Long have we had wary relations with the frosty race to our north, and the pathetic human kind oppressors to our east. The Orcs like-wise have always been a ally and cooperative partner in war, but even at times relations were strained with them due to distance.

With the human leader whom took it upon himself to channel the energy of the dead through his veins, and the opening of a force darker than any wisdom-sayer could foretell; I, as Marquis of my vision-seeing elves, vow to rid this land of the vile black-death creatures, and if an alliance between the lack-wit Frostlings, Human inflated-egos, and the ravaging Orcs is the only way to do so, then so be it. The elves whom have seen the truth under my command, will not let this peril stomp on us any further. Today we embark to begin our journey.

In preparation, I have sent the famed hero, Marcusin the Mercyless, and Lyria the Frostburn, to begin the tasks necessary for this war to be won.

The Elves of Liltilid will abate no longer, we shall hunt death to it's limitless boundaries, and utterly destroy it, or die in the attempt of trying.

Marquis Naismith, of the Underworld-Elves from Liltilid

Turn Sent!

posted 02-16-08 01:36 PM EDT (US)     5 / 72  
Undead day 1, the PRELUDE

From the Journal of Marxius Aabon, the Count of all Hollow.

Day 37 of year 1122 LIR.
Long gone were the days of our love, filled with the song of birds of her speech, smell of dew of her hair and sunshine of her eyes. Day by day the had the sun shined lesser and lesser, eventually completely suffocated by darkest clowds. Birds no longer sing, but migrated far beyond reach of eyes and ears. Dew had turned to soaking downpours drowning the beauty and smell of flowers and grass. And it had gone for ages. The screams of unbearable pain, worse and worse day by day.

Eventually she could no longer focus on easiest tasks of life, such as walking and sane speaking. I assigned all the doctors and clerics that I could gather to aid her, but they couldn't stop it. Many paid with their lifes as their promises turned out to be lies. Her destiny was written, some told, there was no cure for it.

Day 61 of year 1122 LIR.
The last days I felt a deep deep cut on my heart every time I looked at her beautyful face and form knowing that her mind was decaying. Eventually, after many years of pain and disease of mind she was free from it all, life had escaped the torment. Although I had deep within feared and known this to happen all along, my heart had declined such feelings from me, which now stroke my heart as piercing dagger. My pain was beyond expression, I could no longer eat, sleep or think nothing but her. I cried myself dry and beyond. In just few hours of her pass I felt how I had got decades older than I was. I couldn't live without her, she was the blood of my veins.

Day 64 of year 1122
No more than 3 days had passed and I was at the edge of death myself. My breathing had become heavy, my hair turned gray and my body tired, although I was just beyond young adulthood I felt like old man not far from departing this world. But that day was significant for my life, as in that day a priest of black arts approached my throne. He spoke long about his magic and abilities to recreate life, to resurrect even a fallen human. Within my despair and hopeless heart I guided the priest on the last bed of my bride, still waiting for the burial on the chamber of the dungeons.

At the end of his conjurations the chamber felt still as empty as it had felt before, but smething had changed. Slowly air filled the lungs of my love, Paxian, again and her eyes slowly opened. I, stunned and deeply shocked hurried by her side bursting on tears and erupting of strong emotions, but something was missing. Her beauty was amazing, her skin soft and I could smell the dew again from her hair, but her eyes were cold instead of warm,
her body was chilling, not filled with that warm flow of passion as it used to be. She remembered me and spoke to me with her miraclous voice. She told me everything I wanted to hear; how mutch she had missed me and how she loved me, and most of all she beared no mark of her disease. But yet there was still something missing that I could feel only in my heart.

Day 80 of year 1122 LIR.
And so have some the days and weeks passed with my love returned by my side. My joy has slowly turned into sorrow again, as she seems to be but a shell of my past love. She seem to have no passion although she is very attracting and desireable. She shows me signs of desire and love, but I can't answer them. I am in terrible pain to decline her love, with reason unknown to myself. The sorrow has returned, she is there right next to me, yet she is gone.

Day 89 of year 1122 LIR.
I begin to feel older again. I am starting to loose my graying hair and my posture is failing. I can't live like this, this is a lie. She is dead, seeing her walking in the land of living is even greater torture than letting her go to the lands of the dead. Still I can't spend a moment without her by my side. This is torture, why was she taken from me?

Day 91 of year 1122 LIR.
Life is too heavy burden for me to carry further. As Count in birth I was given everything, as a man in love I die with nothing. Wealth, prosperity and power mean nothing before the might of love. And so tonight, I shall rise my last toast; the beaker of rat-poison. Hopefully I will never be forgiven the sins that I commited on you, my love Paxian, hopefully I shall burn doomed eternally - for that is what I deserve.

End of Undead Prelude,
Turn Sent.

[This message has been edited by Deroman (edited 02-16-2008 @ 01:39 PM).]

posted 02-19-08 02:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 72  
Day 2 of the Humans.

Our scouts reported a ruined castle just north of our Capital, that we -thanks to one of our bravest warriors-managed to sweep thoroughly and find some invaluable treasures inside it's halls.
The Earl embarked on a longer exploration journey to the East.

TS.
posted 02-20-08 01:53 PM EDT (US)     7 / 72  
Day 2 of the Darkblade Klan...

Our forces under the Magelord fell the Halfling vales defences. Two warriors were lost, but no matter. Mersus himself leads the charge on an artisans' guild - a complete success. Now we will rush to claim our borders and consolidate later by finding treasure. The Undead seat of power will be smashed by our own iron fist.

Turn Sent! Excellent Prelude, Dero

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 02-20-08 05:07 PM EDT (US)     8 / 72  
2nd day after Whitebeards arrival

"Clearity. It is clearity i see over this landscape embraced by the cold winter. Not at all the same as the dirty halls i come from. I really starts to enyoy the surface world but still. I know that the change will sweep over these landscapes I actually is starting to love, only after two days. It must be the clearity i see in the flings that slowly touches the ground but the chill of death have caugth me. I am gifted by dark arts even thou i like it or not. But i shall use it wisely. I shall use the powers of decay to crush decay. The countess shall feel my wrath, but she shall die for decay."

TS

And yes. The undead prelude was truly a great story. Hope to see more intresting stories of Deroman

[This message has been edited by BalakofThorn (edited 02-20-2008 @ 05:08 PM).]

posted 02-20-08 09:31 PM EDT (US)     9 / 72  

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Daybreak, Second Day of the Wintry Conditions

I sat upon my chair today. I drew my cloaked hood over my head, and leaned back. Through my tower window in the eastern section of Liltilid, I can see far into the horizons of the snowy-capped mountains, and the endless forest of white and blizzarding snow.

I received word today, Marcusin has taken shelter upon the perimeter of an open field he writes. A cold place, but being a strong under-worldy Elf, he knows that the situation we find ourselves in, will demand tough challenges beyond that we experience and see now.

I despise the Elves. The surface-Elves that have brought my people to where they are today. By the curses of the Dark Book, if the legendary Meandor ever came back, he would lead our people from this poverty, this injustice to under-world Elves. We would show all surface dwellers what it means to defy our might.

Alas, out in this far-reach of the world, I, Marquis Naismith am the only one fit to lead my people in these times of unprecedented aggression. The Undead and skeleton armies won't scare us. Neither will the armies of our allies. We are a people built upon the harsh realities of life. We thrive and live upon the foundations driven to us for so long ago.

I will dress for tonight's meal. My head aches from looking up through the window, I must turn it back to look down at this parchment I am writing on. It is too painful to keep my head in this position. I think I hear the bell ringing. All the other noble Elves of this city will be convening with me. Our bodyguards, of course, will stand their ground against any hidden assassins. Mine, of course, are waiting right outside my chambers here. I better hurry and head out. I should take that poisoned dagger and tuck it safely under the veil of my cape. You can never be too careful when around your peers.

Marquis Naismith

Second Camp, Cold and Desolate.

Graaagh. It is cold outside our shelter. I am with my executioner companion, and we plan on sleeping out the nightly winds brewing tonight. Hopefully by dawn tomorrow, it will be clear enough to travel once more again, hopefully to rendevous near Liltilid, and re-gather intel on our next move and plan. I sent a message by bird to Marquis Naismith, fates let him reign long, and we've finished our meal for tonight. The sky is dark, and the sounds of tattering animals all about and crunching of the snow all around us as creatures settle into the night, gives me a feeling of minimum comfort. I shall sleep with my blade at the ready.

Marcusin the Mercyless

In the Shelter of the Wizards

I sniff my nose at these oafs. They think they can teach us magic. How to do things not capable to a mortal being. I need not even bother explaining their lie. I shall write my report back to the Marquis. He will no doubt be displeased with such behaviour from these imcompetent beings. They shall suffer the wrath of the DarkElfs!

DarkElf

Mountainous Cover

It is true, the tales of creatures that move about everyday on the snowy slopes here. My companion and I make for the night in a small outcrop out of the side of the mountain. It is dark, yet the ice and wind do not come near us due to the slant of the cave. It is comfortable here, being in the dark does not scare me at all, and I can in fact see many details other beings are most likely not capable of observing here. The only distant sound is the wind outside, but even it does not dare to come near our presence. We are a power that is to be feared, and when we find the Undead, we shall bring upon them our vengeance for the havoc and discontement they have caused our people.

DarkElf Priest

The Power of a Opening

I am Lyria, the Frostburn. None shall stand my weapon. Being brought up in the cold environment that Liltilid offers, I was trained by my father to become a skilled fighter with the sword, and harnessing internal energies to cause my strokes and sweeps to be fused with the power of the north and cold. Thus striking at opponents with an added coldness that can rarely be compensated for. My upbringing here has also strengthen my body and mind. The cold does not effect me at all, and being a female under-world Elf, I find no difficulty at all in thinking in the harsh climate others complain about so often. This is a comfortable place for me to be, and my constant exploration of the outdoors has led to my excellent skills in being able to navigate through forests of trees that no other creature can match from my kind. My steed is a trustworthy mare, and she does not finnick or fuss like a slaughter-like mule. She is calm, like myself, and when needing energy to do quick actions as I do with the sword, she is like a part of my body, one, and whole with what we feel and think.

The Undead will stand no chance against the might of Lyria and the DarkElfs! I will please my Marquis Naismith and earn the title of legendary hero!

Lyria the Frostburn

Turn Sent!

[This message has been edited by Lord Naismith (edited 02-20-2008 @ 09:35 PM).]

posted 02-23-08 06:55 AM EDT (US)     10 / 72  
Undead Day 2

From the Book of Hollow, Early History of the Reborn County.

Not many days from the death of Count Aabon, ruler of all Hollow, the indicative council of Hollow gathered to accept and crown a new ruler to County. The County Guard, later to be known as Aabonists (self-named after the name of the leader their all loyalty was oathed for, Marxius Aabon), demanded all leadership to be transferred to indicative council, and thus complete change to type of regime, as the Counts testament demanded this if no close relative of the passed Count was alive and able to take the crown. To repel the Aabonists, those who had already fell to black arts and in love for Countess's seduction formed the Deadguard, claiming that Countess Paxian was alive unlike the County Guard claimed, and thus only and legal ruler of Hollow. The council was predicted to support the Aabonists for they were very concerned of the Countess and her black arts, and so the council was declared illegitimate and the councellors captured and executed by Deadguard. Aabonists immediately repelled by violence in the leadership of the County Commander Markham Sparks, later to be known as Earl Markham of Hollow. County was thrown into heritage war and underpowered Aabonists slowly pushed backwards and shred apart to flee of banishment.

After heritage war was over in about half a year, Countess declared purification measures over all reborn County she still reigned and so every habitant of the County was drafted to join the Deadguard. Those who declined their new religion of black arts were quickly brought to massive pyres of heretics and burnt alive. The cities that had separated from the County during the time of past Counts agony and heritage war were now declared as enemies of the County and to be brought back to influence of Countess's love even by force if so needed.

Yet not only the divided County was a bitter challenge for the beautiful Countess of Hollow, new kingdoms and states had spread their borders and crusades to Rocky Hollow. The leader of Aabonists, Markham, had fled to south over the seas and seeked aid from a Human king, Paganus the 4th. Convinced of the state of weakness of the County, king Paganus the 4th named Markham as Commander of expeditionary army and Earl of all Hollow, once the Countess would fall. From the northern plains Orc hordes had moved southwards on richer lands after gates were abandoned during the heritage war and no longer held them back. The ruthless Chief of Orcs has promised them lots of food and gold from the endless treasure chests of County Castle Dustholme, and mutch of blood. Already the winds wield the echo of the ecstasy of their warcries.

But there was strenght instead of weakness waiting for a new war. Deadguard, unquestionably loyal and in love for their Countess, and a religion of black arts well capable to recreate or uncreate life. And so the ashes spreaded over the blossom of grasslands and frost of the snowlands burying all life beneath, filling the air with ashes that covered the rays of sun and smell of fresh air, for none of that was no longer needed. In the rebon County, all that was needed was the hungry desire and love for Countess who was so grimly betrayed and left alone griefing for her love in the land of living.

Turn Sent.

PS, Oh thanks for nice comments. I guess I have finally some time to write something when I am around.

[This message has been edited by Deroman (edited 02-24-2008 @ 08:33 AM).]

posted 02-24-08 06:33 AM EDT (US)     11 / 72  
Day 3 of the Humans.

The malicious Countess' forces are constantly growing to the east, preventing any of our soldiers to tresspass.
We, the great Humans will no longer tolerate this oppression.
Gathering troops to strike back at once!

TS.

PS.: Deroman and Naismith, congratulations Please forgive my 'ininventiveness'
posted 02-24-08 10:07 AM EDT (US)     12 / 72  
Day 3 of the 'Klan...

The kindly Nordlings gave us warning of the Undead advances. One of our heroes slaughtered the object of the Undead advances. I sent my reluctant messengers to advise the Humans. The Undead are going to deliver the knockout blow unless we grant them full support! Our final aim is to establish the buffer zones, denying the Undead deployment room. I personally maintained contact with the Nordulu under Whitebeard, he has done us a great kindness!

Turn Sent!

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 02-24-08 11:10 AM EDT (US)     13 / 72  
3rd day after Whitebeards arrival

I have gathered my forces around a campfire. Still no sign of the undead but we can all feel them. The southern front have already been struck and I can just pray for the human survival. But no time for that now. I must sharpen my axe as we soon will engage in this battle.

A city shall fall before us, as all shall.

TS

[This message has been edited by BalakofThorn (edited 02-25-2008 @ 02:27 PM).]

posted 02-24-08 06:15 PM EDT (US)     14 / 72  

Days of Brooding, 3rd Dawn of the Under-Realm Elven People of Liltilid

It is funny how imcompentence can be so widely distributed. The survival of the my Elven people I place on high accord. It is those whom have no faith or knowledge that run blindly into the danger that befalls them. Letters of supposed value and request from our allies came via a messenger whom scurried off before even being paid his proper due. His loss.

The color of the sky outside the window is another dull and consistent grey. Flake of snow continue to fall through the sky, and I can see the small inkling dots of those hard-working in Liltilid continuing their business well into the afternoon.

I suppose I must return to my desk and begin writing off those replies to our panicking allies. Societies that are unstable can be so predictable sometimes.

Marquis Naismith

Traveling the Brush

Hargh. High Commander Marquis Naismith sent us a letter saying we are to move further out and continue our specialized-recon operations. We are not fearful of what lies in the unknown. Us elves whom have tasted the side of being banished to realms far beneath the earth, we are not peasants, we know the dangers we seek, but we shall gladly die for our people, and our Marquis. Nothing, will stop the might of the Liltilid Under-Realm Elves.

Pathways to Towers

My faithful aide is with me, and we've traversed past the ancient walls that lead into the sky, and tomorrow we plan task it's inhabitants if we can stay for a meal and shelter, after all, we are elves from Liltilid, surely they've heard of our presence and journey.

We shall give penance to those who seek it, everything has a cost, or sacrifice in some cases, and as our profession and race demands, we shall do so for the sake of our Marquis and greater doing.

Grugad Incident

Hu! Those fools cowering behind their wooden timber pieces think they can stop the Lyria the Frostburn from attaining her demands? They would do well to strengthern their puny fortification. Marquis Naismith will ensure my dignity be regained. None defies my might like that, standing over their paraprets and having their gruff ugly faces peering in such an insolent manner...if I had attained my spellcasting papers early, I would spark them with ancient fire magic passed from my people from long ago.

Those whom ever stood in my way will get their due. I swear it on my life.

Turn Sent!
posted 02-25-08 03:36 AM EDT (US)     15 / 72  
Undead Day 3

From the Epos of Ballus Helveris, Commander of Deadguard, Hero of Hollow.

I have come to realize how empty and meaningless my life and desire was before my rebirth through Countess. Now I have finally found the true meaning for love and lust as all the blinding unnecesarities have been erased from blurring my passion. Things I considered to be beautiful and worth of living for; birdsing, green grass and warmth of sunshine, were nothing but obstacles to see the true embodiment of beauty.

But my life is not only delicated for my Countess, I have found more content to my life through organizing and training the Deadguard along with my two Helveris breathren. The whole army seems to work far better and smoother than the County Army ever in the past. It seems that every soldier gives everything he or she has to give, the Deadguard and County is their life.

What it comes to the new religion, I have finally learned to believe in something. The divine power of creation and uncreation floods through my body that I was gifted by Countess for my loyalty during the rebellion of heritage war. From her kiss I was given great powers to create and uncreate fire and flames, not even speak of the rapture it transferred me to. There is nothing in the world that I would not do for her and the Deadguard.

And so I shall lead the fearless cavalries of Deadguard against the Orcish hordes, for that is her wish.

Turn Sent.

[This message has been edited by Deroman (edited 02-25-2008 @ 03:40 AM).]

posted 02-25-08 06:11 AM EDT (US)     16 / 72  
PS.

Wanted to say a hearty AWESOME TURN LOG/ROLEPLAY coming from you guys at the moment. It's a pleasure and fun experience so far, I am at the moment marking this as a fun endeavor for the time being, I see nothing to prove me wrong of that yet.
posted 02-25-08 05:09 PM EDT (US)     17 / 72  
Day 4 of the Humans.

Retreating, and preparing for the (perhaps) final assault...

TS.
posted 02-26-08 02:08 PM EDT (US)     18 / 72  
Day 4 of the Klan...

A dark day. The Frostlings continue to support us, while we apologise to the Humans. We were to frank! The Dark Elves were the most disappointing, denouncing us as dictatorial. Unity is the most important thing right now.

On the war front, things are awful. One of our commanders made a severe slip, while Embach remains unguarded against the Undead. Our other commander, the extremely capable one whos name escapes me, prepares to fight back the largest wave. Unfortunately we have such an abysmal amount of troops, we cant deal with it all!

Unity.

Turn Sent!

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 02-26-08 10:29 PM EDT (US)     19 / 72  
I'm nervous, so I just wanted to clarify that everything my character, or I type in my turn log, is purely in-character and for the game spirit. I hope that nobody is interpreting what is being said as a personal attack, insult, grudge, or degrading testimony on my behalf.
posted 02-27-08 03:21 AM EDT (US)     20 / 72  
Sorry LN, I should have added 'IC' to my post/messages. I thought it was implied. Sorry again.

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 02-27-08 09:56 AM EDT (US)     21 / 72  
I will need a resend from CSH. IŽve got none aowgames in my inbox.

posted 02-27-08 10:46 AM EDT (US)     22 / 72  
Sure, Naismith! Everything's OK, i've already noticed that these turn logs are some kind of RPesque
Keep up the good work guys!

cheers
posted 02-28-08 12:14 PM EDT (US)     23 / 72  
The fallen City

Amnres has fallen. None were willing to join my cause and none were able to resist the blow of my axe. My whole settlement are alive, not even damaged. We came for shelter and the undead who were about to enter are no longer welcome here. The walls of Amnres surrounds me. But who are they protecting? Me? Or the pathetic amounts of walking dead that Paxian sent me?

I have prevailed the dark elves. But can I prevail the undead too?

[This message has been edited by BalakofThorn (edited 02-28-2008 @ 12:15 PM).]

posted 02-29-08 04:32 PM EDT (US)     24 / 72  

4th Daybreak of the DarkElves from Liltilid

I am the leader and Marquis of the Elves from Liltilid. Nobody will give us commands nor orders. Upon our successful conquering of the Countess' forces, we will discuss the fate of the northern folk whom are so inclined to panic and inclusive actions. I shall not be swayed. Yet my advisors speak of odds that...do not look so favorably if we fought alone. We shall not submit to any. I, as the Marquis, will ensure none stands against the DarkElves from Liltilid!

Naismith, Marquis

Roadways

The Marquis sent a message, and I opened it with eager vigor to learn what my Marquis has instructed me to do. Upon the letter, I smiled and tucked the parchment into my cloak, for future use. It is cold. Yet I do not feel it. My title is not given easily, whence I was young I was scarred brutally by winds of ice and blazing shatters. I survived. I fought the elements, and came the winner. None of the norfolk can match my strength, and if any dared to touch me, I would run him through like I would a pincushion. Lyria the Frostburn is a hero, and fabled name in Liltilid. I will not dishonor it. The Countess' forces will be brought down.

Lyria

Turn Sent!

posted 03-09-08 05:31 AM EDT (US)     25 / 72  
Undead Day 4

From the Book of Conversion, an Orc in Love

And so there was a day during the war over Hollow, long ago now, when one of most chaotic and furious beings over all Hollow found the calmness from Countess's love. Brulendr the Wrathblood, orcish Warlock of Chief Oden's armies that had for ages terrorized the northwestern gates and countryside before Countess's crowning, finally gave up his lust for bloodshed and needless killing and fell to his knees before the shining beauty of Countess.

And within all of her mercy and love she forgave this barbaric Warlock and his crimes he had done against County, Count and Countess, for her mercy and love was beyond any grudges and sins the Warlock had done.

And so for first time Brulendr, the fearless and hardened Warlock of Chief Odens hordes, warrior of hundred battles,
shed tears and gazed to the feet of a woman, for his heart was finally feeling.

And so did the Deadguard grow stronger; from the strength of love.

Turn Sent.

[This message has been edited by Deroman (edited 03-09-2008 @ 05:32 AM).]

posted 03-13-08 02:57 PM EDT (US)     26 / 72  
Day 5 of the Humans.

We have to retreat to the North, for it seems they want to squeeze us from two directions.
My brethren are eager to help me, which I appreciate very much.

TS.
posted 03-13-08 03:34 PM EDT (US)     27 / 72  
Day 5 of the Orcs...

Not helpful enough, it seems. The Undead are simply too many, and after the earlier blunder the Orcs lost their Warlord and their mage hero. I have asked my allies to consider a strategy through messages. Unfortunately, the plan may not come to fruition. The South has been penetrated by Undead forces while a dividing line is between the two sides of the North. Hope will not be rekindled; that is the fact of the matter.

Turn Sent!

Sorry for the miserable log, but I cannot believe this game has went to pot already. Mainly regarding my Warlord AND hero being slaughtered and dominated. Misery

Token Irish Gamer!
posted 03-13-08 04:16 PM EDT (US)     28 / 72  
Can you please resend. When I open the game, I continue the Orcs turn.

posted 03-13-08 11:39 PM EDT (US)     29 / 72  
OOC:

Mmm, this is why going against human opponents for Co-op I simply cannot condone. It is simply too much of a challenge, and although it may be fun to go against a human opponent in-game like, roleplay-wise I find it difficult to draw out positive energy and feel like writing in-depth posts whilst I know the opponent is a human and will be doing all they can do destroy the other player.

With a computer opponent it's different, you can abuse them and roleplay them as evil as you want, and it's must more easy to get into the turn log/roleplay spirit when you don't have certain stresses like going against a human opponent. I'm being vague, but I can't say it any other way.

I feel Co-op and teamwork should go together against a computer opponent. Human vs human conflicts are always depressing. In some aspects.
posted 03-14-08 10:53 AM EDT (US)     30 / 72  
Going away over the weekend. Will enter turn log when I come back

TS

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Co-op vs: The tale of Rocky Hollow
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames