You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Greyhawk 2v2 (DanP, Disenchanted, Enginerd, Sprout)
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 03-23-08 02:52 PM EDT (US)   
These are the turn logs for a new 2v2 team game on Dan's map Greyhawk. The map has been modified slightly and the lastest version is in the downloads section.

Standard house rules apply, no fmds, allied ON, leaders OFF.

Races/Teams are

Undead and Azracs vs Frostlings and Dwarves.

No one seems to have a preference on race (nor do I) so if no one says anything in a day or so I'll just pick some. Post now or forever hold you peace.

Players: Sprout (welcome back), Enginerd, Dan Peterson and Disenchanted

Undead - Disenchanted
Azracs -
vs
Frostlings -
Dwarves -

[This message has been edited by Enginerd (edited 03-23-2008 @ 06:18 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-23-08 05:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 73  
Think I'll take the Undead.
posted 03-24-08 00:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 73  
I will take frostlings I guess...

Note: I updated my email in my profile to the one I use here at home. Easier for turns.

Looking forward to playing...but my partner beware...I am RUSTY!

[This message has been edited by Sprout (edited 03-24-2008 @ 01:11 AM).]

posted 03-24-08 07:35 AM EDT (US)     3 / 73  
I rolled the dice and let my good fortune decide that I will play the dwarves. I am a bit rusty too, so I think that Sprout and I will make a perfect team. Good luck everyone!

This will be great fun!

Itīs nice to be important, but itīs more important to be nice.
posted 03-24-08 11:32 AM EDT (US)     4 / 73  
Welcome to the team Dan

A few questions, since it has been a while and all:
- Are other races set to CPU Emp level? Or what?
- Are you only allowed war against CPU players? Or can you use(abuse) dipolomacy?
- Is it allowable to look at the map/play it solo before playing as a group?

I have others I am sure...but just curious about these
posted 03-24-08 04:58 PM EDT (US)     5 / 73  
I guess that means I'm Azracs

I'll try and get things setup tonight/tomorrow.

CPU Emperor - is there any other way to play?
Initial diplomacy settings, allied with partner, at war with other team, unknown status with the computer players. Feel free to engage in whatever diplomacy you want with them.
map editor - It's ok to look in the editor just don't go nuts by checking every movement. Dan should know the map fairly well so we'll need to look and there are lots of hidden goodies all over so it makes sense to look and figure out your strategy. Playing solo is always preferred so you can get your basic strategy figured out initially. I will want to figure out my first 5-10 days.
posted 03-24-08 05:17 PM EDT (US)     6 / 73  
Just one house rule issue. I really hate boats on land, so please add "no WWDS" to the rules as well.

Is this a WL game? I suggest that it is to add some extra spice to it all.

Oh, and donīt let the fact that I made the map fool you. I have played the map only once in a team game with Arctic against CSH and Zsaber and we lost badly.

posted 03-24-08 08:39 PM EDT (US)     7 / 73  
Just one house rule issue. I really hate boats on land, so please add "no WWDS" to the rules as well
Checking to see if I have any air spheres...

j/k. I don't think WWDS should ever be banned, even when I can't use them.

Technically this isn't a "house rule issue" since we've already agreed that there's nothing about WWDS to be found in the house rules or optional rules. I suppose you can make up your own rules if you like, but I've never seen a game played with rules that weren't on the list. Personally, I'm against any restriction of that spell (mostly because it's not a bug, unlike the FMDS thing, but I don't want to reopen that debate.) Can we agree to let Enginerd decide?
posted 03-25-08 01:30 AM EDT (US)     8 / 73  
Slight problem. I tried the map single player and had a read error that crashed the computer twice. First time i was going down to caverns and it crashed (on turn 5), second time, i was just doubleclicking on a city i captured and it crashed (again turn 5)...AoW Editor: Read Error. Do I not have the right version of the map...or any idea what is wrong? Doing simultaneous turns and using version of map that Enginerd emailed me...any advice would be great...I do not remember having these errors before. Thanks!
posted 03-25-08 01:54 AM EDT (US)     9 / 73  
Did you DL the patch? I'm only asking because you're such a "noob"

I only saw 1 version of the map in the DL section. I guess we'll have to wait and see if the mapmaker knows anything...
posted 03-25-08 02:32 AM EDT (US)     10 / 73  
Version 1.36.0053 is what I am running. Had no problems with Bormadir Bay (25 turns or something on that)...just the Greyhawk Adventures map...is there a patch for the editor?
posted 03-25-08 06:59 PM EDT (US)     11 / 73  
I was kinda pulling your leg, but I don't remember having to patch the editor. It says version 1.360053 when I load it.
posted 03-25-08 08:08 PM EDT (US)     12 / 73  
I downloaded the map again - this time ran into an error on turn 6 as I attempted to move some units onto a power node. Not sure what the issue is with me and this map - I have been doing it as frostlings and in simulateous...i can try classic and see if that is better.
posted 03-26-08 01:21 PM EDT (US)     13 / 73  
I had no errors playing classic mode. Perhaps it is just a problem with too much going on at the same time. Anyway, I am good to go whenever the rest of you are
posted 03-27-08 05:04 PM EDT (US)     14 / 73  
I am ready too. I hope that the map will not cause any problems...

posted 03-27-08 05:24 PM EDT (US)     15 / 73  
I'm glad you guys are ready.... I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do on day 3....

Anyways...

Off camping, back Sat. Since Azracs are first I'll ask Dan if he can set the game up and send me the first turn. I won't be able to play it until Sat.
posted 03-27-08 11:40 PM EDT (US)     16 / 73  
For Day 3? I am still trying to figure out how not to get crushed by the Orcs! Thankfully i have a partner who can come rescue me...I mean...otherwise I will lose to the Orcs...CPU King is tough enough - I guess I need to work up to Emp level!
posted 03-29-08 05:19 PM EDT (US)     17 / 73  
I have now started the game with all non-human races at Emperor level. Exploration is ON, Alliances ON, Leaders OFF.

I will register the game towards the wizards ladder in a few seconds. Good luck everyone!

posted 03-30-08 09:57 PM EDT (US)     18 / 73  
Azracs day1

A fine day as we enlist the aid of a mighty hero and we move out on grand adventures here and there. Tomorrow we hope to invite others to join our cause.... it will be glorious!

Thanks Dan for setting it up. WL is fine by me I see it's already registered.
posted 04-02-08 09:52 PM EDT (US)     19 / 73  
Frostlings - Day 1

Our exploration of our surrounding begins and a great battle is fought. Sadly we come out the losers

Turn sent.
posted 04-04-08 04:16 PM EDT (US)     20 / 73  
I still havenīt received the turn, so I have emailed Sprout my new email address, hoping for a resend.

posted 04-04-08 07:17 PM EDT (US)     21 / 73  
Resent
posted 04-05-08 05:23 PM EDT (US)     22 / 73  
Dwarves day 1

We enlist an expensive hero, making our situation a bit tricky. Progress is slow...

Turn sent!

posted 04-09-08 11:52 PM EDT (US)     23 / 73  
Day 1 -

We marched forth from our capital and accomplished next to nothing except getting around some of the natural barriers in the immediate vicinity. Tomorrow we hope to do something. Turn sent
posted 04-11-08 10:48 PM EDT (US)     24 / 73  
Not much action today, spent all our money, cast spells and used all our mana....
posted 04-14-08 01:28 AM EDT (US)     25 / 73  
Frostlings - Day 2

Licking our wounds, we did not lose any battles today! Of course that is because we did not fight any...but that is minor point
posted 04-14-08 05:21 PM EDT (US)     26 / 73  
I tried playing the turn a few minutes ago, and I had a really wierd experience. In a tactical combat against indies some of them ended up on my side against a single human indie archer. The combat ended when the indie satyr charmed the indie human archer. Since my attack was directed towards the archer, I somehow ended up controlling the archer. The battle ended with an exception message, but I could continue playing. However, after two additional exception messages later in the turn I have decided to replay the turn, to avoid corruting the game file. I hope that you all feel that is the correct way, since it will cause a restart. I really see no other way to do...

The last error message reads: Exception occured during TArmyCombatMoveTE.

posted 04-14-08 05:47 PM EDT (US)     27 / 73  
Dwarves day 2

Captured two nearby locations and enlisted another hero with some financial aid from our cold allies.

Turn sent!

Sorry about the restart. See previous message for an explanation.

posted 04-20-08 11:39 PM EDT (US)     28 / 73  
Undead day 2

A mix of progress and confusion today as we capture two nearby cities and try to figure out where to go next. As we emerged from our mountain stronghold we found ourselves surrounded by independent cities but with no siege equipment. Some of our commanders were indecisive or made slight navigational errors. We tried to buy a used elephant from a local dealership, but they must have known how badly we needed it, and they asked for a small fortune. We'll pay them back tomorrow. Turn sent.
posted 04-22-08 09:45 PM EDT (US)     29 / 73  
Day 3

Slow going.. another city captured... troops move out... more battles planned for tomorrow. Glad our hero has regeneration!
posted 04-23-08 10:10 AM EDT (US)     30 / 73  
Frostlings - Day 3

We learn that our spells are not so good...and our hero pays the price

Turn Sent.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Greyhawk 2v2 (DanP, Disenchanted, Enginerd, Sprout)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames