You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Barondir Bay (Froster-Deroman-Slipkyes-Angel Draco)
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 11-07-08 12:22 PM EDT (US)   
Standard House rules Aplly, no FMDS, leaders off. If youre missing three days without announcing it in the absentee thread a substitute will be searched for ASAP.

Froster of the Lizards - branneji@yahoo.ca
Deroman of the Azracs - Ragederoman(At)luukku(dot)com
Slipkyes of the Humans - Slipkyesbass (at) gmail (dot) com
Dafyth of the Frostlings - dwcarless at yahoo dot com
Angel Draco of the Frostlings - francis dot cermak @ dupageco dot org.

good luck everyone

[This message has been edited by slipkyes (edited 11-13-2008 @ 11:56 PM).]

Replies:
posted 11-07-08 03:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 41  
Lizardmen:

Captured three things; preparing to attack a forth.
TS

Jim Brannen
Email: branneji@yahoo.ca
Timezone: -5 GMT (New York Time)
posted 11-08-08 07:11 AM EDT (US)     2 / 41  
Pharaoh Anshar of Azracs, First Sunset

When the world's inhabitants swam in magma and breathed flames, the Barondir Bay was given as home for Azracs to dwell. After the magma might have come flooding waters with the Lizards, after flood icy frost might have freezed the waters for Frostlings, and after ice is finally broken Humans may have arrived as new conquerors to claim for what is not theirs.. none of these Lords in this land have any rights to what belongs to us.

May the Ancient blades and ankhs of Azracs guide our crusade! To forfill the will of Ra!

Turn Sent.
If youre missing three days without announcing it in the absentee thread a substitute will be searched for ASAP
I am currently in such situation in my life that I can only get access to computer at weekends, sometimes once / 2 weeks (or once / 3 weeks at worst(!)). My reason is that I am being drafted to military service which keeps me occupied in barracks or exercises. There is no way that I could ever manage the "three day rule", which I was not previously aware of.. so if this is a íssue, you better search for substitute right away before the game really gets started.

-/X\(++)/X\-L.E.D. Frozen Warrior-/X\(++)/X\-
posted 11-08-08 01:06 PM EDT (US)     3 / 41  
Hi Deroman,

Yes, unfortunately I think that will be an issue. The 3 day rule is a MAX limit. Usually the turns go much faster, sometimes a turn per day.

If your access is going to be only once a week at best, then we should get a new person for Azracs and restart. Sorry

Former PBEM singles champion.
posted 11-09-08 12:01 PM EDT (US)     4 / 41  
Humans:

Gaining terrain and resources income, we prepare to attack a nearby goblin town in order to control the islando we initially set foot upon.

Turn sent

Deroman: I set that rule to make the game play at a decent speed and not make it eternal, its a simple friendly match so it shouldnt take forever. I would say no substitute should be taken yet because you are being nice enough to warn that you might go absent for some time, at least if you go missing we know youll make it back sometime. But dafyth is right the idea is to make it a turn a day if possible, so I guess froster should vote on this to make a decision. can we wait if deroman goes absent for a week or (max) two? or do we search for a substitute?
posted 11-09-08 12:35 PM EDT (US)     5 / 41  
Please keep in mind that "the weeks" that I will be absent are usually from sunday night to friday evening, that being more or less about 5 days. In weekends I should manage even 1 turn / day you guys talk so bright about (although the first turn circle seems to take at least 3 days now.. ). I do know the reason for this rule and understand it well though, and am most understanding and happy to give my place for substitute if you wish to seek for one..

posted 11-09-08 12:43 PM EDT (US)     6 / 41  
I don't mind if a player will sometimes be away for a week (or two) on holiday; but only as the exception, not the norm. A normal pace of one turn per week is too slow for me.

I won't mind being subbed if you find someone else who is comfortable with a slower game.

[This message has been edited by Dafyth (edited 11-09-2008 @ 12:48 PM).]

posted 11-09-08 01:00 PM EDT (US)     7 / 41  
I don't care if he's gone 5 days... like he said, this first turn cycle has taken 3-4 days, and since there are 3 of us (other than Deroman) that would be waiting, 3 out of 5 days isn't too bad. In my opinion, if he CAN'T make it each weekend, and it turns out to be every other weekend, than I'd get a substitute. Otherwise, 5 days is good enough to me.

Jim Brannen
posted 11-09-08 09:30 PM EDT (US)     8 / 41  
well I say if one of the two are to be substituted it would have to be deroman because he is the one who would slow the game down, and we all want a decent speed game, at least one turn a day (not day or turn cycle how you call it, thats real hard). So until someone can find a person who will take deromans place (restarting would be slowing things down more i think) we will go on with the match. agreed? whos turn is it btw?
posted 11-09-08 09:36 PM EDT (US)     9 / 41  
Like I said, I don't really care. And I think it's Deroman's turn, because Slipkyes sent his, and I haven't gotten it, so...

Jim Brannen
posted 11-09-08 10:12 PM EDT (US)     10 / 41  
Like I said, I don't really care. And I think it's Deroman's turn, because Slipkyes sent his, and I haven't gotten it, so...
Wouldnt that make it dafyths turn? in the order of play dafyth goes after me. dafyth you got it?
I know you dont care, it doesnt bother me that much either, but dafyth did express he dosent want a slow game and hes right, thats what I mean when I say that one of the two have to be susbtituted, either deroman or dafyth
posted 11-10-08 09:15 AM EDT (US)     11 / 41  
I've got several other games going on right now, so feel free to sub for me.

posted 11-10-08 03:14 PM EDT (US)     12 / 41  
Yeah, your right! I thought for some reason Deroman was after Slipkyes...

Jim Brannen
posted 11-11-08 09:37 AM EDT (US)     13 / 41  
so, conclusion: dafyth doesnt want to play and the game is stalled because its his turn but he "has a lot of games right now" and he was the one complaining about deroman taking too long. anyone care to find a sub for dafyth?
posted 11-12-08 04:00 PM EDT (US)     14 / 41  
Let me know if you need a sub. francis dot cermak @ dupageco dot org.
posted 11-13-08 12:22 PM EDT (US)     15 / 41  
I want to make this clear right away.
If my forced absence perioids are anyhow displeasing and intolerated I will resign for substitute rightaway. If they are not, I am most happy to stick and play the game but I will not take anykind of blaming and/or "crying" about the 3-day rule which I am not able to follow (as you are well aware) afterwards. I can't promise that I will make it every weekend, but every 2nd should be "the least" at this time.

Consider carefully what "kind" of game do you seek for, slower with me or faster with Dafyth.

posted 11-13-08 02:33 PM EDT (US)     16 / 41  
please sub for me. I already deleted the turn that I had in my inbox.

posted 11-13-08 11:58 PM EDT (US)     17 / 41  
So its done, Draco will sub for Dafyth, I already sent him the turn. lets stop talking nonsense and play! Deroman you will keep playing but we appreciate the effort to send a turn everytime you can
posted 11-14-08 03:07 PM EDT (US)     18 / 41  
Frostlings Day 1

We scatter to the four winds to gobble up resources. Turn sent!
posted 11-14-08 08:37 PM EDT (US)     19 / 41  
Lizardmen, Day 2:

No battles today... but that change tomorrow. TS

Jim Brannen
posted 11-15-08 04:06 AM EDT (US)     20 / 41  
Pharaoh Anshar of Azracs, Second Sunset

We have battled today few battles against the infidels of our lands and gained success. Yet many fine warriors of our own die for this 'success', which proves to us that these infidels are to be used before we strike down their meaningless and hollow culture. Eventually, that will happen though, it's inevitable.

To forfill the will of Ra!

Turn Sent.

posted 11-15-08 10:11 PM EDT (US)     21 / 41  

Day 2 of the Humans

On to battle!!

Turn sent

[This message has been edited by slipkyes (edited 11-18-2008 @ 09:51 AM).]

posted 11-18-08 09:50 AM EDT (US)     22 / 41  
three day bump? Angel draco, you got the turn?
posted 11-20-08 07:23 AM EDT (US)     23 / 41  
I think we should look for a sub, because I don't have a turn from Angel Draco.

Jim Brannen
posted 11-20-08 11:03 AM EDT (US)     24 / 41  
Draco is online I believe, he just posted in many threads a few minutes ago, hope he shows up here
posted 11-25-08 10:00 AM EDT (US)     25 / 41  
Ok so Im taking this game for dead if I dont get an answer from either a sub option or angel draco in three days. shame
posted 11-25-08 05:16 PM EDT (US)     26 / 41  
Edit: Okay, this was my fault, sorry. The turn came in on a saturday to my work email and I totally overlooked it. Just sent it on if you all still want to play.

[This message has been edited by Angel Draco (edited 11-25-2008 @ 05:38 PM).]

posted 11-25-08 10:33 PM EDT (US)     27 / 41  
Im cool with going on, lets go! now its frosters turn
posted 11-26-08 07:02 AM EDT (US)     28 / 41  
Lizardmen, Day 3:

Captured a water node today, hoping to get a city tomorrow. TS

I'll stil play.

***Sorry, sent the turn before I saved it! I've sent another one though, use the second.

Jim Brannen

[This message has been edited by Froster (edited 11-26-2008 @ 07:14 AM).]

posted 11-29-08 10:10 AM EDT (US)     29 / 41  
Pharaoh Anshar of Azracs, Third Sunset

Ra, guide us well in our crusade for we are step by step beyond the point of turning back..
Our fate is now in your hands - your people shall rule or fall, however you decide.
And so mayhem shall embrace frostlings.

Turn Sent.

posted 11-29-08 11:29 PM EDT (US)     30 / 41  
Day 3 of the Humans
This isle is almost all ours and so will be the nearest one. No mortal or immortal will prevent us from conquering this land by water and air

Turn Sent
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » Barondir Bay (Froster-Deroman-Slipkyes-Angel Draco)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames