Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: (WL) Thinreed Lake Sprout/Gill
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01-31-03 12:31 PM EDT (US)   
Turnlog for a new WL game.

Good luck

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
Replies:
posted 01-31-03 01:19 PM EDT (US)     1 / 53  
Elves Day 1

Started to explore our homeland.

Turn sent

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
posted 01-31-03 02:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 53  
Dwarves - Day 2:

Used force to take the Highmen 2 hex city. Took no losses and started to produce archers there. Archers being produced at my capital as well. Had enough movement for my hero to take the Tower fort as well.

Turn sent to GillB.

posted 01-31-03 02:22 PM EDT (US)     3 / 53  
Elves Day 2

Picking up a few free gifts and eying some rather well-defended 4-hexes.

posted 01-31-03 02:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 53  
Dwarves - Day 3:

Orcs have taken the 4 hexers and are sending their dark elven pawns towards my capital. Sprout and the Jolly Green Giant visit the spring of life and more to defend our capital and take the 4 hexers from the Orcs.

Turn sent to GillB (Elves).

posted 01-31-03 02:32 PM EDT (US)     5 / 53  
Elves Day 3
We too came face to face with some DEs. We retreated as far as we could but it may not be far enough.

Turn sent

posted 01-31-03 02:42 PM EDT (US)     6 / 53  
Dwarves - Day 4:

We move towards the Orcs with all our troops save an archer that is guarding our 2 hexer from the incoming doom bat.

Turn sent.

posted 01-31-03 04:24 PM EDT (US)     7 / 53  
Elves Day 4

Sadly we weren't able to retreat far enough and we say farewell to our hero and her compatriots. The DEs advance and our other hero is more than a little exposed.

Turn sent

posted 02-01-03 00:51 AM EDT (US)     8 / 53  
Dwarves - Day 5:

Marching together we approach the Orc masses. Tomorrow the slaughter shall begin )

Turn sent to GillB.

posted 02-01-03 05:31 AM EDT (US)     9 / 53  
Elves Day 5

Recovering from our grievous loss, we explore a little more carefully ...

posted 02-01-03 10:28 AM EDT (US)     10 / 53  
Dwarves - Day 6:

With all our units in 2 large stacks next to one another, the Orcs retreated as expected. They left 5 lambs in the 4-hexer...with a nice Ooze spell from our hero, Sprout, we managed to slay all 5 without any of them ever getting a shot or swing off

We have sent a few troops north - they will hide in the mountains if life gets too dangerous...but need to keep an eye on the dark elves.

Turn sent to GillB.

posted 02-01-03 10:46 AM EDT (US)     11 / 53  
Elves Day 6
We too took a 4H for the loss of a few archers but we're feeling squeezed with the DEs invading our island at one end and now we've spotted orcs at the other. Oh for a new hero to emerge ...

posted 02-01-03 11:04 AM EDT (US)     12 / 53  
Dwarves - Day 7:

To our south:
11 Orc units moved towards our 4-hexer...not a problem for our 11 units. In the battle our line of archers mowed down the approaching units over and over again. Only a bare few arrows were shot in our direction - however, it was against our heroes that these bolts were launched and both suffered moderate injury that our cleric is now attending to.
THREE days until migrated to Highmen

To our norht:
4 of our archers attack and take out the 4 defending units of the goblin 3 hexer - suffering some wounds, but no losses. More archers are racing up to assist them in the defense and migration of the city.
FOUR days until migrated to Highmen.

If we can hold the cities until they are migrated, then we shall be able to advance more swiftly against our enemies!

Turn sent to GillB

posted 02-01-03 12:59 PM EDT (US)     13 / 53  
Elves Day 7
Nothing to report really ...

posted 02-01-03 07:34 PM EDT (US)     14 / 53  
Dwarves - Day 8:

A quiet day. Stone Skin cast on both heroes and the Jolly Green Giant advanced a level to gain even more accuracy with his stones.

Reinforcing both cities...took a builders guild as a scouting post - it will be taken back.

Turn sent to GillB.

posted 02-01-03 08:00 PM EDT (US)     15 / 53  
Elves Day 8
Orcs keep picking off lone archers as fast as I produce them ... gold is very tight (as in I always run out of gold and this is no exception )

Turn sent

posted 02-02-03 00:22 AM EDT (US)     16 / 53  
Dwarves - Day 9:

As of yet, we have suffered no causalties. Tommorrow we should have finished migrating the 4 hex city...our troops have shifted the stacks to prepare the next attack. The northern city (the 3-hexer) will take 2 turns, but since we have excess troops, some of the dwarves are moving north - staying to the mountains to continue to spy on the dark elves.

For the first time, we ordered the production of archers halted in our capital - our gold reserves are low...but with the migrating of cities almost done - new options will soon be available.

Turn sent to GillB.

posted 02-02-03 04:43 AM EDT (US)     17 / 53  
Humans Day 9
Excess troops? I dream of excess troops...

We disposed of some irritating orcs for the loss of an archer and still hope for an emerging hero.

Turn sent

posted 02-03-03 00:12 AM EDT (US)     18 / 53  
Dwarves - Day 10:

With the 4 hexer now migrated to Highmen, we moved our 11 troops to the next 4 hexer...the 7 defending Orcs died without inflicting any wounds upon our troops and we starting migrating the new city to Highmen as well.

The northern city will be migrated next turn and then our objective will be the Earth node so that we have more mana for our spellcasting hero.

All archer production has stopped as we have 11 troops moving north and 11 moving south - now we start to produce more advanced troops for the second wave: Paladins are being installed!

Turn sent to GillB.

posted 02-03-03 04:20 AM EDT (US)     19 / 53  
Humans Day 10
Firstly apologies for the restart. It's something my computer does from time to time for no apparent reason (ask anyone playing Eropion with me - I was getting a restart every turn for about the first 10-15 days.)

In the game itself ... we have wonderful ideas for expansion ... but without gold they're hopeless. So we carry on exploring and looking for a pot of gold round every corner.

[This message has been edited by GillB (edited 02-03-2003 @ 04:21 AM).]

posted 02-03-03 09:25 AM EDT (US)     20 / 53  
Dwarves - Day 11:

Some dark elves came out of the caves against our unprotected capital We moved 1 archer to garrison the city, but that was all that could reach in time! Our troops are next to the earth node and will take it next turn. The 3 hexer has migrated to Highmen and the 2nd 4 hexer needs 2 more days.

Turn sent to GillB.

posted 02-03-03 10:49 AM EDT (US)     21 / 53  
Humans Day 11

We killed some boars to get at an earth node, causing loss of life amongst our lower level units. More exploring, more unattainable targets ...

posted 02-03-03 04:14 PM EDT (US)     22 / 53  
Dwarves -

Nothing to report...

Turn sent.

posted 02-03-03 04:48 PM EDT (US)     23 / 53  
Humans Day 12
We are expanding as fast as funds and enemies allow. In other words, very slowly.

posted 02-04-03 00:52 AM EDT (US)     24 / 53  
Starting to get over-extended a bit...have 5 cities now - my capital is dwarven, the highmen 2 hex and now 2 4 hexers and a 3 hex have been migrated to highmen as well. The first paladin helped to dispatch 6 dark elves that were near my capital. I also took back the 2 hex city that the doom bat had taken. My heroes with a force of 8 are moving towards the Orc capital.

Turn sent to GillB.

posted 02-04-03 08:18 AM EDT (US)     25 / 53  
Humans Day 13
Advancing on too many fronts I think and hanging around for too many migrations.

posted 02-04-03 09:55 AM EDT (US)     26 / 53  
dwarves - day 14:
took out an enemy hero and warlord, but it cost me 3 units and almost my hero - I retreated back so some paladins could heal my wounded troops.

Turn sent,
Sprout

posted 02-04-03 11:36 AM EDT (US)     27 / 53  
Elves Day 14
A dark elf hero appeared from nowhere in the middle of our lands and took a city. Of course ... no-one's there ...

posted 02-05-03 00:23 AM EDT (US)     28 / 53  
Dwarves - Day 15:

Things are going well. A ram was produced and 2 paladins are moving to help our heroes and their experienced archers - they march on the Orc capital. Other troops move into the caves to prevent more surprises near our capital and still more archers move to defend our earth node from the coming goblin wolf rider. All in all, things are going well...soon we shall think about upgrading - titans would be nice

Turn sent.

posted 02-05-03 07:31 AM EDT (US)     29 / 53  
Elves Day 15
Still returning to our heartlands to get our city back ... it would be lovely to upgrade and produce some nice units. Sadly gold is still a major issue

posted 02-05-03 12:48 PM EDT (US)     30 / 53  
Our city is back where it belongs, which is more than I can say for all my units. Still, can't complain ... well, I can, but it won't do any good

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » (WL) Thinreed Lake Sprout/Gill
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames