You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs)
Moderated by Enginerd, Ziggurat Mason

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: WL - Blood Isles (Sprout, Nojd)
posted 02-01-03 11:11 AM EDT (US)   
This is a ladder game on the map "Map: Blood Isles (World Cup 2001 - by The Jerk)".

Player 1: Goblins - Sprout
Player 2: Halflings - Nojd

Replies:
posted 02-01-03 11:11 AM EDT (US)     1 / 33  
Day 1, The Halflings Report
Got a hero and started exploring.

The final turn sent to the Goblins (Sprout).

posted 02-01-03 11:54 AM EDT (US)     2 / 33  
Goblins - Day 2:

A little worried when I saw that it was the "final" turn that was sent to me! Fortunately, it was just those silly hobbits idea of a joke Anyway - we are doing a good job of getting our troops slaughtered

Turn sent to those lovable Hobbbits(Nojd)

Sprout

posted 02-01-03 01:00 PM EDT (US)     3 / 33  
Final? Oh! Ehem, you've witnessed the wonders of cut'n'paste.

Day 2, The Halflings Report
Almost died. Twice. Already!

And I don't like the look of that Syron...

Turn sent to the Goblins (Sprout).

posted 02-01-03 07:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 33  
Goblins - Day 3:

Had a blast of a day - losing one of our most important units trying to save another important unit that is almost dead as well....ARGH! Not getting many breaks so far!!

Turn sent to the Halflings.

posted 02-02-03 05:17 AM EDT (US)     5 / 33  
Day 3, The Halflings Report
We're fighting the Humans, and soon the Azracs too. Hey, Gobbos! We could use some assistance here!

posted 02-02-03 11:36 PM EDT (US)     6 / 33  
Day 5 of the Goblins:

Well, the Halfling ask for help and then kill our Karagh and Orc warlord and both executioners and our beetle and our assassins - what do we have left!!! - Diddly squat

Oh...we do have some ships left - and the halflings do not

posted 02-03-03 02:27 PM EDT (US)     7 / 33  
Day 5, The Halflings Report
The people from the shipyard that the foul Goblins razed looked a bit hostile, so we killed them. We made a first, careful attack on the Humans too, but we stayed away from the Syron.

Where will the Gobbos go next?

Most likely, the Halflings will remain on this beautiful little island for a while.

posted 02-03-03 04:13 PM EDT (US)     8 / 33  
Goblins - Day 6:

Hmm...we trapped the humans on the island with the halflings...sadly we may have lost too many troops

Turn sent.

Sprout

posted 02-03-03 05:22 PM EDT (US)     9 / 33  
Day 6, The Halflings Report
The humans and their Syron were killed today, so now at least we have our island to ourselves. Oh joy.

posted 02-04-03 00:00 AM EDT (US)     10 / 33  
Day 7 Goblins -
We attacked the dwarven city - killing the halfling Titan and leper (could see him since we had a beholder)...sadly, we only have 1 unit left - our hero and he was unable to raze the city! Argh! The halflings will escape our trap in a few days with a ballon!! We try to prepare in the little time we have left!

Turn sent to Halflings.

posted 02-04-03 02:02 AM EDT (US)     11 / 33  
Day 7, The Halflings Report
My (obviously not so) clever little plan to leave only a Titan visible in the city, backed up by the (not at all) invisible Leprechaun, worked. The vicious Goblins attacked tonight. And won.

But at least the Goblin army is now only boats and a hero, as far as I know. The future will tell what's cooking back at their home.

posted 02-04-03 10:00 AM EDT (US)     12 / 33  
Day 8 - Goblins

A turn too slow to raze the Halfling capital Razed their shipyard and running my last unit back to save my capital (somehow I think I am going to be too slow!

Turn sent.

posted 02-04-03 04:30 PM EDT (US)     13 / 33  
Day 8, The Halflings Report
My little bird took a tower which gave us a good view over the gobbo home. A Beetle and a Wyvern Rider was spotted, which is very bad news.

posted 02-05-03 00:17 AM EDT (US)     14 / 33  
Goblins - Day 9:

Well the Halfling bird is no more...our hero used multiple ships to sail all the way across the map and slain the foul beast. So the Halflings know our complete force now...it is our 3 ships and 3 land units against their 4 land units! Very close indeed! The AI races may end up playing an important role here.

Sprout

posted 02-05-03 02:04 AM EDT (US)     15 / 33  
Day 9, The Halflings Report
We sit and wait for better days.

posted 02-05-03 02:20 AM EDT (US)     16 / 33  
Day 10 of the goblins.

We are surprised to see the Halfling main hero away from the dwarven city...having heard rumors that a single wyvern rider can raze a 3 hex city - our hero and 2 enchanted (1 gold) wyverns attack the city. The defending centaur and dwarven hero fight well - almost too well, but they are defeated and the city is razed. Now the halflings are quickly running out of options! It seems time is on our side

posted 02-05-03 01:10 PM EDT (US)     17 / 33  
We can still offer resistance, should the Goblins chose to attack. But of course they won't unless they're sure to win, so we lay down our weapons and cry.

Congratulations Sprout! A good win for you!

posted 02-05-03 01:56 PM EDT (US)     18 / 33  
Weary from the exhausting battles, the few goblins look at each other and celebrate the close victory. The last few battles could have gone differently, and if they had - it would be the halflings celebrating. A great game! Well played Nojd.
posted 02-05-03 06:05 PM EDT (US)     19 / 33  
I dare say that the clever commander won over the less clever. I felt quite silly sitting there, stranded on an island, helpless, with goblins moving around all over the place but completely out of reach. Very well played!

But watch out, now I've got the clever race!

Day 1, The Goblins Report
We're off to hunt those little yellow guys. No problems yet.

Turn sent to the Halflings (Sprout).

posted 02-06-03 00:22 AM EDT (US)     20 / 33  
Halflings Day 1:
We move out - as the day ends we are happy that there were no losses among our side, but we fear the night as we ended with some exposed units near the AI...tonight we hope.

Turn sent to the goblins .

Sprout

[This message has been edited by Sprout (edited 02-06-2003 @ 00:22 AM).]

posted 02-06-03 02:08 PM EDT (US)     21 / 33  
Day 2, The Goblins Report
We took a tower and have full view over the Halfling forces.

posted 02-06-03 04:17 PM EDT (US)     22 / 33  
Day 2 - Halflings:

Took back the tower and continued to expand.

Day 3 - Halflings:

Took another tower and a mana node from the goblins. Was forced to defend myself from thee Humans - they have *alot* of troops! Trying not to lose too many units to the humans since the goblins are still out there being clever

Turn sent.

posted 02-06-03 04:55 PM EDT (US)     23 / 33  
Day 3, The Goblins Report
I had an expensive, but very rewarding meeting with a couple of wizards. They taught me how to move freely over all kinds of terrain. The technology was immediately implemented on one of our ships, and the Halfling Eagle was promptly shot down (after a couple of rounds of practise shooting with that javelin thrower).

posted 02-06-03 06:06 PM EDT (US)     24 / 33  
Them nasty free-moving dragon ships!! I really do dislike those things!! Not only is my eagle down - but the human cavalier proved too powerful and many of my best units have been slain - their ability to hit twice and do incredible damage even against defense of 10 is rather annoying

For now the halfling weep and wish for better days.

Turn sent.

posted 02-06-03 06:55 PM EDT (US)     25 / 33  
As just emailed:
Yup, I dislike them too. I had to check the rules for the wizards ladder
(not mentioned) before I bought and used the spell.

I don't mind a house rule banning FMDS in future games.

Day 4, The Goblins Report
A small mistake left me voulnerable for an Azrac attack. Let's hope they don't dare.

posted 02-06-03 11:46 PM EDT (US)     26 / 33  
We are in dire trouble. We had not planned on the FMDS and it left us vulnerable to the goblins...we make plans and perhaps we will be quick enough and lucky enough to survive our lack of foresight!

Turn sent to Goblins.

posted 02-07-03 01:20 PM EDT (US)     27 / 33  
Day 5, The Goblins Report
A day without any excitement. But we noticed that the Halfings have found themselves three highly mobile, and quite dangerous, friends. Not good.

posted 02-07-03 01:27 PM EDT (US)     28 / 33  
We do our best to keep things interesting Not much this turn...concentrating my forces.

Turn sent to Nojd.

posted 02-07-03 02:12 PM EDT (US)     29 / 33  
Day 6, The Goblins Report
The halflings stole our tower, so today we tried to take it back. We failed, and lost our main hero.
But we're smiling anyway!
In the huge battle, the Halflings were almost wiped out. They lost both their heros, a Giant, a Centaur, a Beholder, 2 Djinns, a Rogue and an Avenger. Still holding the tower is a gold medal Titan and a silver medal Leprechaun.
We lost a Wyvern rider, 2 Assasins, 2 Beetles and our main hero. The future is bright.
We continued with one of our ships to sink a yellow transport ship, which rewarded us a silver medal.

posted 02-07-03 02:28 PM EDT (US)     30 / 33  
Things indeed look grim. With the goblin ships able to go on land and water - we are unable to face them...hence we die.

Turn sent.

posted 02-07-03 03:46 PM EDT (US)     31 / 33  
Day 7, The Goblins Report
The halflings set a trap for us with invisible and hidden units behind the tower where the bags with items from the fallen heroes were. Like a dum sheep our hero walked right up to the tower to grab the goodies, and was thrown into battle. But thanks to the fact that the hero isn't even capable of scaling walls, he retreated instead of dying. He then called on his army and killed the Halflings. They continued north to take the dwarven city, and we spotted an eagle in the north. In the south the Titan is sailing on a galley towards our capital. We're ignoring him. Maybe...

posted 02-07-03 03:55 PM EDT (US)     32 / 33  
The Goblins are just too clever for us The remaining titan, eagle and ships see no recourse but to give themselves to the mercy of our enemy. We surrender - this time! Well played Nojd!
posted 02-07-03 05:09 PM EDT (US)     33 / 33  
Thanks! I must say you did well too, under the circumstances.

From now on (as agreed on via email), FMDS is banned in our games unless otherwise stated.

Age of Wonders 2 Heaven » Forums » AoW1 Play By Email (Turn Logs) » WL - Blood Isles (Sprout, Nojd)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Wonders 2 Heaven | HeavenGames